It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First 2006 Debate Tournament

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Whatever happens I want VAGABOND! He's MINE! You hear me Rdube..you can't have him!

He's going down and the grand master plan is that i'm taking him there! Have you ever went down, Vag? I've heard that it's not all that great at first, but after awhile you get used to it. I wouldn't know, but that's what i've been told.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Stop apoligizing Dan. I can speak on behalf of the words I posted and I had nothing meant to be directed towards you in a negative way. It can be extremely frustrating to fight down to the bone of your knuckles to move on in a round, and watch somebody else move on without putting out the same effort. But its how things go, luck of the draw or unforseen circumstances arising.

I would love to see dan or rdube take on Vagabond. Alot of talent is here, whoever comes out on top is deffinately deserving. Those who lost out in the early rounds are no less of a combatent then those who lost in the third round. Regardless of how you move on in the early rounds, your not really being handed nothing but a stiffer competition without the opportunity your opponent has had in the debate.

Winning a complete debate with the backing of the judges is much more satisfying than moving on by default. So by completely your round of the debate and moving on I deffinately see it as giving you the upper handin the next round against an opponent who only posted once or twice in the previous round.

I really hope this debate is not wiped out. Somebody needs to take that flag from WyrdeOne.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
OH what you wouldn't like to see me take on Vagabond, Chissler? LOL

Do you have a problem with women debating or do you just have a problem with the fact that two of my opponents forfeited and you lost your debate fair and square? Hmmm it seems like Vagabond's opponents forfeited too though, so it must just be the 'woman' thing. I'm really tired of having to read into your cryptic posts. You have always made them sound like you are more deserving than 'me' to be in this debate. You're getting on my last nerve.

BTW, what makes you think Dan was apologizing to you? LOL

I need to take a breather from this. It takes a whole lot to get me ticked off, and you CHISSLER have gotten me there from day one of your cryptic arse posting.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Well first of all Zed, I had not the slightest clue you were a woman. So we can take that notion out.

And well I have not read much of your debate so I guess its an apology on my behalf. I have followed the other debate pretty closely and its coming down to the wire. Vagabond carries a reputation with him as one of the top debaters on the board, so that is how I came to say what I said.

Its no personal vendetta against yourself, and from what I have read nobody has posted anything negative towards you at all. So why be so defensive and agressive at the same time?

I'm really tired of having to read into your cryptic posts. You have always made them sound like you are more deserving than 'me' to be in this debate. You're getting on my last nerve.

Maybe if you weren't so defensive you would not be taking everything so personal, I never once proclaimed myself more deserving than anybody. Did I make any comments after my defeat in the first round while others moved on? No, because like I have said more than once, Its the way it goes. Fair is fair, ken beat me and he deserved to move on. I have since followed closely and rooted for all combatents.

I need to take a breather from this. It takes a whole lot to get me ticked off, and you CHISSLER have gotten me there from day one of your cryptic arse posting.

Again, when did I EVER post anything negative towards you? Please show me, I don't think your name was ever mentioned once. I merely stated I would love to see a debate between these guys who have been a board member longer than both myself and you. These guys are more experienced then ourselves and it would be a treat to see what would come of it.

Do you have a problem with women debating or do you just have a problem with the fact that two of my opponents forfeited and you lost your debate fair and square? Hmmm it seems like Vagabond's opponents forfeited too though, so it must just be the 'woman' thing

Like I've said already, because Its common knowledge that you are a woman. And off the top of my head I did not realize both of your opponents had forfeited, same goes for Vagabond. So this personal vendetta your trying to appeal too, save it.

This comes out of left field for myself.

Good luck the rest of the way.

:shk:

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
First of all my name is not Zed. Got that?

Second of all, you have incenuated in every friggin post you've made in this thread how that those who haven't had to finish a debate aren't as deserving to move on. Yes you have. Don't try to deny it. And if you haven't read the threads then how the heck do you even know that people forfeited? And, nope you've never come out and spoken negatively about me that i've read, but it's all over your posts how you feel.

So, if you don't expect ME to be defensive then stop it with your whining regarding people who haven't made it through an entire debate cause it's sure getting old to me.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
im still here, ive just been on a fishing binge since yesterday morning. ive probably walked a total of at least 12-15 miles since yesterday morning, so dont worry ill be around ALL tonight lol.

yea sorry about not responding, im getting around to everything ive missed now.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Ok zen, since you have still failed to show me once where I have said anything along those lines I will do the work for you.

It can be extremely frustrating to fight down to the bone of your knuckles to move on in a round, and watch somebody else move on without putting out the same effort. But its how things go, luck of the draw or unforseen circumstances arising.

It can be frustrating yes, its completely luck of the draw if these circumstances it arise. The members who do move on due to this should not be faulted in any way. Which is what I said right on this page. You read the first line and come to your conclusion. Missing the BUT at the end of the paragraph explaining my point.

And, nope you've never come out and spoken negatively about me that i've read, but it's all over your posts how you feel.

Care to explain? Well I mean since I somehow knew you were a woman, I see where your coming from.

So, if you don't expect ME to be defensive then stop it with your whining regarding people who haven't made it through an entire debate cause it's sure getting old to me.

Whining?? I am congratulating all those involved and hoping everyone continues on with the great job they have put up so far. Nothing negative was said once, you started with this personal vendetta against yourself in a post that I made in response to dan's post. You have jumped into a post to a different member and turned it into something against yourself. Please do me the favour and stop flattering yourself.

So again zen please show me where I am constantly whining and sulking that I lost out in the first round. Seems I felt defeat with a smile on my face and shared a handshake with ken on his well deserved win, along with wishing everyone else the best which did include yourself.

Second of all, you have incenuated in every friggin post you've made in this thread how that those who haven't had to finish a debate aren't as deserving to move on.

Ok lets have a look at some of my previous posts....

dan and rdube, great debate. This one is too close to call, Judges have some work ahead of them. Deffinately need to read that one a few times to try to see who came out on top. Both are well deserving.

Vagabonds and MemoryShock are having a great debate as well.

Good luck to all

On the 10th page you can find me sooking again..

Hats too to ken on his first round victory, I suspected he had the edge on me.

Good luck to everyone in the second round.

Everybody be on your toes for Vagabonds sink, I feel he is ready and willing to pounce with that at any second. Memoryshock is on his own with this one.

Along with..

No I had a great time in the debate and I fell short in my argument. Ken posted a better argument and deserved the win. Live and learn, next time I'll come back firing on all cylinders.

Once again good luck to everybody.

So zen now that I have defended myself, I would appreciate if you could back your claims of my whining over my loss.

EDIT:

If you feel I intenionally read your reply, and then made a post leaving your name out would be a mistake. I did not see your post until just now proclaiming you want Vagabond. I already made a thread with this problem, threads with several pages.. When you click on them in the New posts section it brings you to the most recent page. However if the newest page only has one reply, it somehow still brings you to the previous page. Its a toungue twister but either way I did not read your post. My thread is here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 11-4-2006 by chissler]

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   

My issue here is, those of us who have battled throughout the first debate, are we deserving of losing out if others have not made it past the first argument?

Myself, have been offered a stiff argument to make, if I were to win I would be very surprised. However I made the best argument I could and hope to continue on. If I do not, those who do should post in a respectable manner and keep this great tradition alive.

Chiddler this isn't a debate so stop trying to perform as if it is one. Your whining isn't about your loss. As the above post and the post I just quoted prove. You know what, i'm sorry I lost my temper on you, but it was all I could do to bite my tongue with you before on the post I just quoted. You're being cryptic and it's uncalled for. IF you have something to say just be like everyone else and say it without being so darn cryptic and then perhaps people like myself won't feel defensive towards you ok?

ANYHOW, i'm over it. Like I said my apologies for loosing my temper, but I just can't figure out how to read you. Take care.

[edit on 11-4-2006 by zenlover28]

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by zenlover28
You know what, i'm sorry I lost my temper on you, but it was all I could do to bite my tongue with you before on the post I just quoted. You're being cryptic and it's uncalled for. IF you have something to say just be like everyone else and say it without being so darn cryptic and then perhaps people like myself won't feel defensive towards you ok?

While I hate to jump in the middle of this and possibly get kicked in the gonads.... I have to say in a way I can kind of understand zenlover28's feelings... Only because I have 3 sisters and I know that a woman in the middle of a bunch of trash-talkin' men typically will feel like she is looked-down upon or undervalued. So I don't think zenlover28's feelings are necessarily reflective of any particular comments you made Chissler - I think they simply reflect the way a bunch of testosterone-laden chest-pumping guys can make a southern lady feel....

Just my impression. Make love not war.

-Ry

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by rdube02

Originally posted by zenlover28
You know what, i'm sorry I lost my temper on you, but it was all I could do to bite my tongue with you before on the post I just quoted. You're being cryptic and it's uncalled for. IF you have something to say just be like everyone else and say it without being so darn cryptic and then perhaps people like myself won't feel defensive towards you ok?

While I hate to jump in the middle of this and possibly get kicked in the gonads.... I have to say in a way I can kind of understand zenlover28's feelings... Only because I have 3 sisters and I know that a woman in the middle of a bunch of trash-talkin' men typically will feel like she is looked-down upon or undervalued. So I don't think zenlover28's feelings are necessarily reflective of any particular comments you made Chissler - I think they simply reflect the way a bunch of testosterone-laden chest-pumping guys can make a southern lady feel....

Just my impression. Make love not war.

-Ry

I took no offense to the scenario, due to how it all came about. I did not acknowledge zen's first post on this page because when I clicked onto the thread, it took me to the page earlier. If I had of been brought to this page and seen her post her name would of been mentioned alongside yourself and dan. You may not believe me but throughout my posts, in no way shape or form was I trying to portray my feelings with these backhanded comments.

Rereading what was said in that post zen quoted, I understand where she comes from. Anyways, we'll move on from this.

Oh yeah, and its chissler.

Edit:

ANYHOW, i'm over it. Like I said my apologies for loosing my temper, but I just can't figure out how to read you. Take care.

Its my tendency to say exactly how I feel. If something upsets me, I normally express my frustration clearly. So hopefully in the future this may clear up any confusion you may find in my words.

I honestly wish you all the best in the ongoing debate, and may you hand Vagabond his ass.

No offense to the V man.

[edit on 11-4-2006 by chissler]

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Ok let's not make it out to be like i'm an attention whore. Not the case. I can totally handle the fact that a post of mine is overlooked. Happens all of the time. Doesn't bother me. I move on.

Chissler since you now understand why I was upset since I quoted the other post, I hope that we can make amends and if I see you in other threads there are no hard feelings.

Rdube...you guys are cool and a lot of fun. None of you have offended me in the slightest way. I can even take the 'inbreeding' jokes. LOL!

Thanks, guys it's been real!

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Ok let's not make it out to be like i'm an attention whore. Not the case. I can totally handle the fact that a post of mine is overlooked. Happens all of the time. Doesn't bother me. I move on.

I just hope you understand how the post was ignored. When you make a post that creates a new page, then someone comes immediately behind you. They are not taken to the new page that you just created, so your post goes unnoticed for that first reply. Unfortunately it was me coming behind in this situation.

Im not one to bring up stuff of the past in other threads, every thread is a fresh start for all members.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
ive been ignored....damn it i want attention too!!! i guess thats what i get for being away fishing lol

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Oh goodness i'm not even at all concerned about the post being overlooked....I do it all of the time. Last of my concerns really. It wasn't the issue. The posts were.

Edited to give Grim a big fat kiss on the cheek. There's you some attention, hun.

BTW, did you catch any fish? I went white bass fishing over the weekend (yes I fish guys) LOL....I caught zero. But, hey I tried.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
no new jersey sucks, im waiting to move far away lol. trout season is hard, everything is overfished...its just not a place for the outdoor. newjersey really sucks. i can just see bowhunting season now, i bet its gunna be over hunted. (its going to be my first year bowhunting this fall)

but yea i gotta take quite a drive to get to any fishing spots there arent over fished on a large scale. i got lucky trout season in the fall though, caught a 5 pound rainbow trout(pretty sure it was rainbow, didnt get a picture of it so its hard to remember) but yea striped bass fishing in the ocean is only ocean fishing i do. im gettin into fly fishing this year for lake fishing, just ordered flys and line off of cabelas(and slingshot stuff, they dont let you buy the actual slingshots, but since i already have one and just have to replace the band and buy metal balls im good) i love cabelas by the way lol.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Cabella's is a neat catalog. Bowhunting, eh? Shhhhh...don't tell, but I do that to. I actually have a 10 point buck on my wall in the basement with my name on it. I killed him about 10 years ago, I was around 20 at the time, so yes 10 years ago & i've never shot another with a bow. I did kill a doe once with my brother's rifle, but I had a bruise that lasted for an eternity. Okay, so i'm a well rounded chick. What can I say? I was raised in Kentucky. LOL.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
no new jersey sucks, im waiting to move far away lol. trout season is hard, everything is overfished...its just not a place for the outdoor.

Hey Grim - move up here to Maine my friend. We've got fish that'll tear your arms out with their fight...
Hunting's great too. Not quite like the south, but until you've stood less than 3 feet from a moose, you don't know what you're missing.

-Ry

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
believe it or not at one time i did want to move to northern maine, i was thinking more north eastern but i was just a kid then. now i dont even want to live in the northeast lol. i dont know it just seems like things are falling apart, i dont know if i want to get away or fight it head on. thats my concern

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Mem's still not back. Should I start preparing another response or is it safe to assume he's not coming back?

Glad to see Reaper back. That certainly makes things a lot simpler.

As for what's gone on in this thread lately... *blink* Somehow I can't help fearing that I had something to do with all of this. *shrug* Oh well. Can't win the pennant without breaking a few skulls... um I mean... eggs.

With regard to those who would like to see my hindquarters handed to me... I caution any future challengers that there is a very selective application process for handling my butt- and a non-refundable application fee.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:43 AM
link   
well i must say....she is one hella of smart southern girl

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join