It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First 2006 Debate Tournament

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Okay guys lets all take a step back.

Anyone want a cup of tea (British solution for every situation)

Dan

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   

With regard to those who would like to see my hindquarters handed to me... I caution any future challengers that there is a very selective application process for handling my butt- and a non-refundable application fee.

Always so articulate. I would love to see a flash of Dr Love or lyrsergic in your posts, just go completely street and talk some smack.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
As for what's gone on in this thread lately... *blink* Somehow I can't help fearing that I had something to do with all of this. *shrug* Oh well. Can't win the pennant without breaking a few skulls... um I mean... eggs.

ROTFLMAO.....no Vag dear...once again everything is not about you!

You crack me right up!!!!!!

Big D I would love some of that tea.

[edit on 12-4-2006 by zenlover28]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Ok so here's where we are at:

I've contacted memoryshock, its been around a day and still no response.

On the upside, grim has responded, so now we will see if kenshiro responds and that debate can continue.

CoU, fresh from the jailhouse, has returned too. If zenlover is agreeable and CoU are agreable, we can re-open that debate. Just be careful, I think he's fashioned a spoon into a shank. But clearly zenlover would be in her bow hunting kaintuck rights to refuse to debate with someone that's forfeited.

Meanwhile, there are still judgements coming in, and no decision as of yet, so either way we have a little while until the next round.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Hats off to Nygdan for keeping this ship floating and in the right direction.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Thanks Nygdan your doing a great job.
I know its not easy dealing with us debator prima donnas!

Dan

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Nygdan, I would very much love to finish the debate with CofU, but he has already stated that he can't do it due to his whole jail drama.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
I would love to see a flash of Dr Love or lyrsergic in your posts, just go completely street and talk some smack.

I don't really think I could- it wouldn't even sound legit coming from me. So I asked my little brother (who actually IS the kind of person I look like) what ought to be said in this situation...
Ahem...

IT'S NOT GONNA BE A FIGHT; IT'S GONNA BE ME KICKIN' YOUR @$$!

That is all.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I think that is more then we could ever ask for Vagabond.

Job well done

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Well, it looks like we have a healthy number of fighters still, so we will continue with the normal set-up. I am updating the threads now.

The bracket, reworked from The Vagabonds.

I've also put it into the debate thread in the forum.

[edit on 13-4-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
zenlover, advisor said you need to u2u him with a request or whatever about the topic, im not sure what he wa talkin about but apparently i have to wait on you with a request.

also where the HELL in ken, i didnt want to win like this

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Grim..he needed permission from me to allow you in on the project. I have now given him the permission and everything is a go!!!

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Congratulations to RDube02 on his well deserved victory and I wish him the best of luck in the next round.

Its been great fun!

Until next time!

Dan

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Dan you really did a great job!!! I hope to get the pleasure of facing you in the next tourny.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigdanprice
Its been great fun!

Until next time!

Dan

Thanks Dan - it was quite a debate and much enjoyed. You are a force to be reckoned with to be sure! Now I have to explain to our good judges how Islam is not a religion of peace. Good lord....I hope there aren't many people reading the debate who are Islamic.... *sigh*

**Adjusts mouthguard, straps on gloves, and starts walking toward the center of the ring....**

-Ry

[edit on 13-4-2006 by rdube02]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
not to sound offensive when i say this rdube, but your head is going to get crushed in this. when i opened the thread and saw i would be argueing for islam, a big smile came across my face

anyway best of luck and i guess ill be posting first.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Just remember that you guys don't necessarily have to convince the judges that the position you have been randomly assigned is "The Truth". Here is a sample of the sort of things that I send to the judges when I tell them that the debate is readyy:

Remember to look at how well both debators presented their arguements, who controlled the course of the debate better, did anyone ignore any cogent points or counter points, and over all rhetorical style and logical method

Debate contests are about more than merely getting someone to agree with you, and we allways emphasize that the judges need to keep their personal opinion on a matter to the side.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Debate contests are about more than merely getting someone to agree with you, and we allways emphasize that the judges need to keep their personal opinion on a matter to the side.

uh-huh... And where I work they have a "policy" where people aren't supposed to smoke on the property. Take a guess how many people do anyway. With touchy subjects like this, personal opinion will always play a huge role regardless. But hey - in the last debate I was forced to argue against a conspiracy on a conspiracy-themed forum.

Need to mull it over a little and consider a few tactics, but I kind of appreciate the challenge... I've always enjoyed jogging uphill rather than down...

Best of luck to everyone!

-Ry

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
i only smiled because ive argued this so incredibly much its not even funny. i know just about every counter to whatever im going to say which is why i gave a big smile.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
i only smiled because ive argued this so incredibly much its not even funny. i know just about every counter to whatever im going to say which is why i gave a big smile.

Excellent! Let's get it on then...

-Ry

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join