It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First 2006 Debate Tournament

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
i decided to make my opening short and simple, then move on from there. you up. i would like to have this debate a quick moving one.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
your direction i actually knew was coming since last night, claiming that all religions in general had a violent side toward them. i have a feeling it will be very hard for us to keep it to the religion of Islam rather then all religions. Also i had a feeling that this was going to get very interesting if you took this lead into all religions. Im still trying to figure out how we are going to be able to stay on topic with the direction your heading. ill be back after i get my hair cut to give my response

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Sorry it took me so long, Vag...but i've been bouncing between meetings all day. Anyhow, it's over to you! Good luck!!!! You're gonna need it! LOL

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
back at rdube now. i think im puttin it down pretty good right now so your up.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Grim and rdube, glad to see the debate rolling along. Both sides have already posted strong arguments for their side and its going to be a interesting read as you guys progress.

Zen, loved that opening post. In all seriousness Vagabond does have his work cut out for him. You have made a strong argument with little to no flaws in it, so it will be fun to see how Vag comes back at you.

This is what we have all been waiting for.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
i figured it take after vagabond alittle bit, took a direct shot at the definition of violence much like when he took a shot at what a super power is. I found it a unique way of thinking about an issue and quickly used it.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Just signed on for the first time of the day. Spent most of the day down with the flu, then in gridlock on I-10 (Holy Mother Church owes me an apology- this Easter traffic is just friggin unspeakable. I'm sure that's what Jesus had in mind- let's all get together and asphixiate his planet in a cloud of noxious gas so that we can visit relatives we don't actually like).

My reply will be up this evening. I'm away from my word processor so it will take me a little longer than usual to check and recheck my spelling, wordcounts, and board coding.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I curse the fact that this is becoming a trend for myself in this debate tournament; I was waiting all year for this;........

I apologize to the field for having not kept my 'end of the bargain'.....

This is literally the first oppurtunity I have had since last Thursday to visit this site....I even had 400 hundred words set on Appleworks for my scheduled response....but real life intervened.....at any rate....I am always displeased with excuses, so I won't leave one....

I would like to say that The Vagabond did an excellent job on his end...I just got done reading the debate commentary and our debate..in that order...and would like to comment that it disheartens me greatly to have had to miss what would have been the online fight of my life...one I would have relished....win or lose...

As for Vagabond stealing my thunder twice.....the first I'll give, but this one actually belongs to someone else....

Good Luck to the the remaining contenders......

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
its too bad you couldnt make it memory shock. we look foward to you being in the next debate though, your a great debator. now we just got to find out where ken went.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
^this is for anyone who wants to check out the research i did. 9/11, health effects, and a possible smoking gun to the demolition job.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   
In typical Vagabond fashion I will be researching all night before posting. It'll be up sometime in the wee hours of the morning, Pacfic time. Sorry for making you all wait, but it can take 6+ hours to really knock 'em out of the park the way I do: By the time I've made my opening statement I'll have fought this whole debate in 2 or 3 different variants in my own mind. Sleep is for the weak.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   
haha thats right vagabond, unfortunately im bored and nobody is commenting on my research i did eariler

im wondering if i should just start some new research now even though its 130 in the morning

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 05:08 AM
link   
It's 2:30AM. Some kind of flu is eating my brain from the inside out, and I have initiated the utter destruction of Zenlover for your viewing pleasure. Don't ever say I wasn't there for you guys.

Frankly I think on a better day I might have reorganized that post 3 or 4 more times and fit a lot more information into the word limit, but I'm posting at like 1/3 speed and Zen didn't exactly pour it on with her opening statement, so I figured I'd just establish the jab for now and not plan on delivering the knockout until round 3.

That's a good respectable place to hit somebody when you're arguing the con, for reasons I'll explain someday. There are a couple of nifty opportunities you have when arguing the con, especially if the pro misses the opportunities which exist there (they almost invariably do).

Assuming that I win the tournament, maybe I'll offer annotations to my debates to show you guys how some of the subtle tricks work (to the extent that opportunity to use them arises). If I don't win, I'm keeping them to myself until I win one. I'll never be able to sell a books on how to finish 2-4th in a debate tournament.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
Frankly I think on a better day I might have reorganized that post 3 or 4 more times and fit a lot more information into the word limit, but I'm posting at like 1/3 speed and Zen didn't exactly pour it on with her opening statement, so I figured I'd just establish the jab for now and not plan on delivering the knockout until round 3.

"Those who say the most usually have the least to say".

If you lay out your tactics for your opposition, you provide that much more information for your opposition to use against you. But of course - you already knew that... seeing as you'll be writing a book on tactics and all.

-Ry

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The tactic of "intimidation", or "the act of making others do what one wants through fear".................well, it won't get you anywhere with me, hun.

Didn't work, now did it?

Back at ya~!

BTW, Chiddler...LOL..(kidding btw) THANKS!

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Zen's got it right. There have been a quite a few little things I've wanted to point out since the tournament started, but I've been forcing myself not to. I've kept myself to just alluding to my tricks enough to make people wonder what I'm about to throw at them.

Lucky for me, I actually do have these tricks, so if Zen's not worried, she probably should be.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Not worried...bring it on! I'm a grown girl...I can take it!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
hey could you guys take a look at my thread? its getting slept on pretty much.
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

and the debate is going well, rdube its in your ring

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
yawns* so how is this tourny going?

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
It's going...that's about it, Confed. I'm hanging around waiting to see what 'tactic' Vag uses next so I can call him out on it. LOL.

Good to see you, hope everything is well.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by zenlover28
I'm hanging around waiting to see what 'tactic' Vag uses next so I can call him out on it. LOL.

Did I ever tell you what a fan of the movie "Tombstone" I am? Hopefully you've seen it.

*Hiding a gun behind his back and puffing on a cigarette ala Doc Holiday*
"You're a dazy if you do."

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join