It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Codename ENDGAME: The immigrant detention facilities.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Keep your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, If they make it to the United States they will be locked up whether they commit a crime or not. Though ENDGAME is a detention program aimed at illegal aliens, its also designed for "New programs" which the government could specify on a moments notice.

news.pacificnews.org
It is relevant that in 2002, Attorney General John Ashcroft announced his desire to see camps for U.S. citizens deemed to be "enemy combatants." On Feb. 17 of this year, in a speech to the Council on Foreign Relations, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld spoke of the harm being done to the country's security, not just by the enemy, but also by what he called "news informers" who needed to be combated in "a contest of wills." Two days earlier, citing speeches critical of Bush by Al Gore, John Kerry, and Howard Dean, conservative columnist Ben Shapiro called for "legislation to prosecute such sedition."

Since 9/11 the Bush administration has implemented a number of inter-related programs, which had been planned for secretly in the 1980s under President Reagan. These so-called "Continuity of Government" or COG proposals included vastly expanded detention capabilities, warrantless eavesdropping and detention, and preparations for greater use of martial law.

Prominent among the secret planners of this program in the 1980s were then-Congressman Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld, who at the time was in private business as CEO of the drug company G.D. Searle.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

If you doubted for a moment that the Constitution of the United States was nothing more than just a piece of paper to these people, this should change your mind.

For those who don't believe such detention facilities exist in the land of the free and home of the brave, Here is the proof.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Seems like the old Alien and Sedition Acts are going to be reinstated.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
ENDGAME. Detention and Removal Strategic Plan 2003 – 2012
FBI, ICE agents search convenience stores in Northeast Louisiana
Dozens of Carthage construction workers arrested on illegal immigration allegations

Looks to me they are enforcing the laws that they should have done in the past, as in if you enter the US illegally expect to be treated as a criminal.

If I sneak into your house eat your food and sleep in your bed, what would you do?

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The United States NEEDS an immigrant work force. I know its a cliche by now but, "They do the jobs most Americans shun." They work in our chicken plants, pick our fruit and vegatables and are rebuilding New Orleans.

I agree that we need to get a control on the immigration situation as it stands, but I doubt huge concentration camps are going to be the solution.

Just my thoughts,

Wupy

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Sure, most people don't have a problem with placing law breakers behind bars, illegal aliens or whatever the sort. The concern, as noted in the original post, is when the government starts extending the definition of "law breaker" to such type as "news informer". That seems to me like they are talking about anyone who says something they don't like.

[edit on 23-2-2006 by passenger]

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
That's assuming that federal forces will imprison their own families and the people will just fall over and surrender instead of standing up for their rights.

So when are they going to recend the Bill of Rights and tell the US armed forces that oath about defending the constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic was a load of crap?

Federal troops going to shoot and/or imprison their
grandparents, parents, siblings and friends?

LDS out west sure won't lay down and surrender and they be mostly Republicans.

[edit on 23-2-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I agree. When Donald Rumsfeld starts saying that "News Informers" should be rounded up and detained, that is totally over the line. Would the members of ATS be considered news informers for searching out stories such as this and then discussing it? Would we be rounded up and placed in those camps along with 400,000 illegal and probably angry illegal immigrants?

This is a scary thought.

Wupy

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Remember the old lament from a Holocaust survivor? It goes something like this...
"First they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for the homosexuals, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a homosexual.
Then they came for the Gypsies, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Gypsie.
Then they came for me... and there was no one left to speak out on my behalf."

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Who needs to speak, talk to my weapon if you plan on taking my rights. Armed militias will rise up faster than bread dough in the desert and US armed forces will start a mass muntiny.

Now we can question if the leadership is so stupid as to provoke a civil war? Leadership as stupid as that usually fails miserably, as in treason brings a rope.

Illegal immigration is costing too much in damage control, so what's a better solution?

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
By news informers, I think he means the people responsible for some unauthorized leaks.

I mean, sure, we here at ATS inform people of the news, but it's not as though we're doing anything wrong.

I think the camps are a terrible, terrible idea, for all the reasons which will become abundantly clear once sensible voices are ignored, once again, and the plan manifests into yet another national disgrace.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I admire your determination to defend yourself and your rights Regenmacher. You have every right to as an American citizen, some would say a duty to do so, as well. But what I think you're missing is the point that they just don't rush out and impose martial law and round everybody up at once. They do it in small, controlled stages. It's much easier that way. If you're an advocate of the 2nd Amendment, as you seem to be, you should be well aware of how they are slowy eroding those rights. It will be the same with the roundups, first the real criminals and then those that the government thinks might be a problem for them, as they see it.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The simple fact is, we would not need any camps of this sort if the immigration laws in place now were inforced. If the border was shut down and those found to be illegal were deported on the spot, there would be no need for any kind of camps.

We still need the immigrant work force though, so a solution to allow migrant workers in would also have to be worked out.

This is a conundrum, yes indeed.

Wupy

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Forget about the issue of illegal aliens. It's a stalking horse. Read the original post again.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I am aware of the difference between creeping nihilism and what is unwarranted fear-driven propaganda. By the system's preformance in Katrina and Iraq, I am not worried too much about mass imprisonment and there is still plenty Illegal immigrants hanging around Home Depot, plenty stealing cars and property, plenty smuggling in dope and guns, and plenty flooding the hospitals for health care in this state.

The Cost of Illegal Immigration

The system would be woefully ignorant to pursue agendas that can provoke civil war and they have yet to show they can even control a small country like Cuba after 60 years. I'm more worried about their incompetence leading us into world war 3, since success seems to be rather elusive to these greed driven nutjobs.

They can't enforce existing laws, let alone succeed in mass detainment. Industry relies on cheap labor, no one is planning to shoot their corporate feet and watch the economy collapse.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
First of all, this is an opinion piece more than it is a news article. Secondly, the fact that Halliburton has the contract is a huge red flag to the hate Bush crowd. Thirdly, the theme of this article is not so much the creation of detention camps for illegals, as it is the lack of US expenditures in Latin America to which I can only reply: It's time to take care of our problems at home. We can worry about development later, not that that has ever worked.

I see nothing in the factual part of this story that indicates that the "constitution is just a piece of paper to these people."

news.pacificnews.org

The Halliburton subsidiary KBR (formerly Brown and Root) announced on Jan. 24 that it had been awarded a $385 million contingency contract by the Department of Homeland Security to build detention camps. Two weeks later, on Feb. 6, Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff announced that the Fiscal Year 2007 federal budget would allocate over $400 million to add 6,700 additional detention beds (an increase of 32 percent over 2006). This $400 million allocation is more than a four-fold increase over the FY 2006 budget, which provided only $90 million for the same purpose.

Both the contract and the budget allocation are in partial fulfillment of an ambitious 10-year Homeland Security strategic plan, code-named ENDGAME, authorized in 2003. According to a 49-page Homeland Security document on the plan, ENDGAME expands "a mission first articulated in the Alien and Sedition Acts of 1798." Its goal is the capability to "remove all removable aliens," including "illegal economic migrants, aliens who have committed criminal acts, asylum-seekers (required to be retained by law) or potential terrorists."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

There is a news story here, but it is ignored in deference to political claptrap.

The United States NEEDS an immigrant work force.

There may be an element of truth here, though it should not be the case. What the United States does not need is an illegal immigrant work force.

It's time for America to get a grip on a problem that has festered for decades and our very survival depends on it. When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

[edit on 2006/2/23 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I can't really argue with any of that. Actually made me laugh. Good job!

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
OK, forget about the aliens. That leaves us with a bunch of huge camps designed to compartmentalize a large nation. An imposed structure on society that locks away the great unwashed and rigidly enforces those few left standing.

If thats what your shooting for in this discussion, I can't see it.

Way too many guns in this country for such a scenario to come about. Way to many. It would be a bloodbath.

Wupy

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Believe me I'm all for defending yourself from tyranny, as I previously said.
Maybe you (and Regenmacher) are just more optimistic than me, but I really have doubts if most Americans would do so. Maybe in your community, individualism and patriotism are still strong. Where I'm sitting though I meet a lot of people who either don't care or swallow whatever they're spoon fed. A second American Revolution would be fine by me. I just have a feeling it will end up more like the Alamo.

[edit on 23-2-2006 by passenger]

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Passenger, a day at the gun show would show you there's plenty folks that don't plan on sitting in a no stinkin' prison camp.

Wanenmacher's Tulsa Arms show is one of the biggest.

Guns, Gun Ownership, & RTC at All-Time Highs, Less "Gun Control," and Violent Crime at 30-Year Low

215 million US guns, says it's easier to invade Mexico.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I been to plenty of gun shows, no problem there. And I can't deny your facts about the number of guns available to the American public. But I would like to know, in your opinion (no right or wrong answer) : How many Americans do you think would actually use them?
Again, you seem to have a lot more faith in the majority of Americans than I do. That's ok, I just can't see it that way. My guess is, maybe, 10%.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join