It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Cheney Intend to Shoot Whittington?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I have been reading the various threads on the Cheney shooting, and it occurred to me that there is still much speculation concerning who was negligent, Cheney or Whittington?

As the facts begin to emerge, I think there is another interesting possibility that should be considered... Since this is Skunk Works...

Did Cheney intentionally shoot Whittington?

The current story holds that Cheney accidentally shot him because Whittington failed to announce his presence. Whittington appears to not deny the story. However, new questions are being asked that are worth investigating...

How do you shoot someone with birdshot in the chest, neck and face...from a significant distance...when you're aiming for Quail?

See Official Accident Report

Was the 78 year old, Mr. Whittington, particulalrly tall?

I have read repeatedly that Whittington and Cheney were friends...But I myself have numerous business associations, where the same may be said, but NONE of them are really my friends...

I thought this an interesting article:

In Texas, hunting is a tool for business bonding

A fundamental knowledge of golf is generally accepted as required knowledge in the business world. In the Lone Star State, though, it’s wise to know the in’s and out’s of a Remington as well as a Big Bertha.

Contracts are negotiated and mergers contemplated in the gleaming skyscrapers of Houston and Dallas, but the handshake often comes hundreds of miles away in the country, devoid of anything but a duck blind.

It can be more important than an MBA from the right school. In Texas, the hunting trip is the deal-closing equivalent of a few hours on the fairway.

What business was Cheney and Whittington there to transact?

Things get more interesting when you understand what kind of man Whittington is:

Little Guys who take on the government rarely win, unless the Little Guy is a guy like Harry Whittington.

Whittington, an Austin lawyer, is very rich, very stubborn and very patient — qualities that come in handy if, like him, you're waging a long legal battle against the city

Whittington is always coy when asked how long he plans to fight, or exactly what he'll do with the land or garage if he wins them. At this point, he seems more invested in the battle itself.

"We're right on the law," he said. "And we're not in any hurry."

Source.

Whittington was yet another of Cheney's associations who had money and power...

What if the real story were that Cheney shot Whittington as a consequence of some argument, the topic of which neither man wants disclosed?

I noticed there is the "negligent drunk theory" being discussed in some of the threads, but have there been any alcohol related stories in the past about Cheney? (I'd understand if it were Bush.
)

Lawrence O'Donnell: Was Cheney Drunk?

Any thoughts on the "intentional" theory?

[edit on 14-2-2006 by loam]

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Cheney might tell Leahy to go expletive himself, but he is no Tony Soprano. This was an accidental shooting. What is there to coverup? Two old guys go hunting, one shoots the other and says.(add punchline)
C'mon, it sounds like the beginning of a bad joke.

I think the funniest thing is how people are so up in arms about the press release. The reporters outburst at the white house press conference was embarrassing to journalists in my opinion.

mod edit: censor circumvention

[edit on 14-2-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
What a great theory! But Cheney wouldnt have to do his dirty work himself, would he? Wouldnt he just order someone to bump him off?
Thats how i understand its generally done

The drunken stupor one is easier to reconcile because they would never have alerted the authorities immediately on that one. 14 hours and 14 cups of coffee later, there are no tell tell signs.

What do you think?

Of course, it may just be arrogance, which Cheney is famous for, and the fact that he is above Bush and the law. He is THE MAN. You know???

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
dgtempe

Yes, there is the arrogance scenario, but what if Whittington had Cheney by the balls on something? ...a topic that made Cheney irrationally angry???

We already have other indications that Cheney is prone to quick anger... He's legendary for it.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71

I think the funniest thing is how people are so up in arms about the press release. The reporters outburst at the white house press conference was embarrassing to journalists in my opinion.

mod edit: censor circumvention

[edit on 14-2-2006 by sanctum]
Esdad, the reporters are there to get the story to the people of the United States, remember, the ones who pay the salaries to those in power? How can you look at this aspect and not care why your government doesnt tell you diddly???

This very type of behavior is why they have a reputation of liars, and sneaks, and they forget they are ELECTED officials. They owe the public an explanation of why an old man is laid up in a hospital with a bad heart.

This is why, Esdad, you cannot beleive or trust this bunch.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Loam,

That crotchety old man has enough cojones to do anything- then flat out lie about it. It is possible.

They are hiding something MORE than meets the eye. I agree.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
And the victim has just suffered a heart attack as well - hmmmmmmmmm, maybe there is something to this after all

www.guardian.co.uk...

'Course, it could be the shock. Hope he gets better by the way.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Wouldn't he have taken him deer hunting? Or elk? Or bear? Can't do much damage with bird shot...

Unless of course you lodge one in his heart!

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
A 28ga shotgun and buck shot isn't exactly the way to put someone in their grave. It's by sheer chance that he's having heart issues.

Also, just because Hunting is a business tool does not mean they were doing business. It's really the Southern equivalent of a "golf date" where business can be discussed privately in a nice environment.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
loam

I though about the same thing, first of all, Cheney is a season hunter, so he has been doing the hunting for a while.

Also Mr. Whittington has not said anything because he is been in intensive care and now he had a mild stroke.

This happen on Saturday, and the White house kept it quite, it wasn't Cheney or the White House the first ones to announce the accident but Mrs. Whittington.

I understand that it may be some family issues in who should say what.

But Mr Cheney is our Vice President and it should have been the White House the one to face the public with the news first.

Until this day Mr. Cheney has not come public to tell his side of the story as expected from a political elected leader in a high ranking position.

Also is very well known that Cheney is the type that is kind of arrogant when it comes to his personal affairs but he also extend that kind of arrogance when it comes to political matters.

In other worlds he is very secretive.

Perhaps Mr. Cheney had to much to drink or perhaps knowing that he has an angry temper Mr. Whittington make him mad.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
www.drudgereport.com...

NBCNEWS chief White House correspondent David Gregory warned President Bush's spokesman on Monday not to be a "jerk!"

The heated exchange came during a press gathering at the White House.

Gregory asked White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan about the Cheney hunting accident.

'David, hold on, the cameras aren't on right now,' McClellan replied. 'You can do this later.'

'Don't accuse me of trying to pose to the cameras,' Gregory said, voice rising. 'Don't be a jerk to me personally when I'm asking you a serious question.'

'You don't have to yell,' McClellan said.

'I will yell,'' said Gregory, pointing a finger at McCellan at his dais. 'If you want to use that podium to try to take shots at me personally, which I don't appreciate, then I will raise my voice, because that's wrong.'

'Calm down, Dave, calm down,' said McClellan.

'I'll calm down when I feel like calming down,' Gregory said. 'You answer the question.'

'I have answered the question,' said McClellan, who had maintained that the vice president's office was in charge of getting the information out and worked with the ranch owner to do that. 'I'm sorry you're getting all riled up about.'

'I am riled up,' Gregory said, 'because you're not answering the question.'"

Sorry, I am for freedom of the press, but McClennan was not wanting to be baited about the issue and this NBC guy went to far. Kin of reminds me of some of the posts on ATS...

If Cheney wanted this guy gone, he would die in a plane crash or a car accident, maybe car jacked. The interesting thing is to see if this man actually survives this. If for some reason, I mean, he is up there in age, he was to die, he could be charged with negligent homicide (manslaughter) for the mans death, since there is a piece of shot in his heart. It would take a DA with brass ones, but why not. If i was Cheney, that is what I would worry about.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
A 28ga shotgun and buck shot isn't exactly the way to put someone in their grave. It's by sheer chance that he's having heart issues.

I didn't say "plan", I said "intend". Who knows when the requisiste intent was established in Cheney's mind. Like I said earlier...Whittington may have said, or done, something to upset Cheney.

Also, just because Hunting is a business tool does not mean they were doing business.

I agree...but this is Skunk Works...and that article makes less speculative the possibility.

It's really the Southern equivalent of a "golf date" where business can be discussed privately in a nice environment.

Then you agree they might have discussed business in that setting?

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Oil Slick Dick could of had a psychotic snap or cognitive loss due to all his heart probs. He's has been prone to angry outbursts before. Couple that with the possibility of booze, pain meds, political pressures, and some elderly advice that Cheney didn't like. It might of been, "Screw you Harry!" or "It's Osama!"

You would think Harry would say that nut tried to kill me.
So when do we get to hear from Harry?

Deny ignorance, Deny Cheney!
SwiftBird Vets for Truth

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
You know that is a good point, perhaps they were having some beers while hunting like good old pals, and then one said something about the other and they got angry and Mr. Cheney could not hold himself and just tried to scare Mr. Whittington with a stray shot but hit him instead by mistake.

[edit on 14-2-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Well duh they might have discussed business? But they're two peas in a pod ideologically.

Cheney is a seasoned hunter, birdshot is enough to floor birds but thats about it.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
regenmaker & marge:

Good points.

The more I read, the more bizarre I think everyone is behaving... Why the obfuscation? They had to know this was going to create a political firestorm... THEY AREN'T THAT STUPID...
Am I now to believe they are politically stupid too?
(

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
It's all intended...

The "birdshot" is actually nanobots designed to dig deeper into the victim and then cause a heart attack.

I'm sure that Cheney was sent to do his master's bidding and off this guy. Impeach the whole Administration. To have any kind of accident is usually normal but THIS is the Cabal of Evil we're talking about.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   

But they're two peas in a pod ideologically.

History is littered with examples of treachery between those of ideological like mind...

I wont even mention the sex and money possibilities....

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Interesting news article here-

mediamatters.org...

Also, just came to me "Kelly" ! Off-topic I know, but that was all a bit convenient wasn't it? Maybe there was a disagreement between them - Cheney and Whittington - stranger things have happened haven't they?

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Hey who knows perhaps the old guy knows to much about Mr. Cheney affairs and told Cheney that he was going to Tell his business

Maybe that is why Cheney was waiting before coming public with his side of the story.

Maybe he was waiting for Mr. Whittington to die first.

The whole issue of the hunting accident stinks and this one is going to be a conspiracy that will stay alive for a long time if the man dies after all.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join