It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Cheney Intend to Shoot Whittington?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I'd like to point out the following items found in the interview of Cheney by FOX:

Q. How long have you known him?

THE VICE PRESIDENT: I first met him in Vail, Colorado, when I worked for Gerry Ford about 30 years ago, and it was the first time I'd ever hunted with him.

Q. Would you describe him as a close friend, friendly acquaintance, what –

THE VICE PRESIDENT: No, an acquaintance.

What did I tell you? The characterization that Cheney shot his poor "friend" is not only inaccurate, but continues to get reported by some in the media, despite the VP's indication to the contrary, in a way that makes one less inclined to believe this was anything other than a "tragic" accident.

...But perhaps that is because Cheney later in the interview contradicts this statement by saying:

“I’m the guy who pulled the trigger and shot my friend.”

Well which is it? When asked the direct question he said, "No, an acquaintance."

The "I’m the guy who pulled the trigger and shot my friend," statement is a bit self serving, don't you think? Isn't that characterization designed to deceive?

Moving on...

Q. Describe the setting.

THE VICE PRESIDENT: It's in south Texas, wide-open spaces, a lot of brush cover, fairly shallow. But it's wild quail. It's some of the best quail hunting anyplace in the country. I've gone there, to the Armstrong ranch, for years. The Armstrongs have been friends for over 30 years. And a group of us had hunted all day on Saturday –

Here we have a description of the area: "wide-open spaces, a lot of brush cover, fairly shallow."

Regenmaker, I think you have confirmation of your point.

Notice also, that it is the ARMSTRONGS Cheney has a long standing relationship with.

Finally, notice Cheney confirms there was a "group" of them....10 to be exact, as indicated in the following:

Q. How many?

THE VICE PRESIDENT: Oh, probably 10 people. We weren't all together, but about 10 guests at the ranch.

Who were all ten, I wonder? Why were they really there together?

I think this next statement is even more bizarre:

And so we loaded up and went back to ranch headquarters, basically.

Isn't that an odd way to refer to your friends house????
HEADQUARTERS????

This next statement, when I saw the interview, definitely threw alarm bells for me:

Q. What was he wearing?

THE VICE PRESIDENT: He was dressed in orange, he was dressed properly, but he was also – there was a little bit of a gully there, so he was down a little ways below land level, although I could see the upper part of his body when – I didn't see it at the time I shot, until after I'd fired. And the sun was directly behind him – that affected the vision, too, I'm sure.

Isn't it interesting how he threw out that little "defense" there? OK...ok...no big deal right? But now let's consider this statement with these other statements:

There were three of us who had gotten out of the vehicle and walked up on a covey of quail that had been pointed by the dogs. Covey is flushed, we've shot, and each of us got a bird. Harry couldn't find his, it had gone down in some deep cover, and so he went off to look for it. The other hunter and I then turned and walked about a hundred yards in another direction –

Away from him – where another covey had been spotted by an outrider. I was on the far right –

Just two of us at that point. The guide or outrider between us, and of course, there's this entourage behind us, all the cars and so forth that follow me around when I'm out there – but bird flushed and went to my right, off to the west. I turned and shot at the bird, and at that second, saw Harry standing there. Didn't know he was there –

And the sun was directly behind him – that affected the vision, too, I'm sure.

Q. How far away from you was he?

THE VICE PRESIDENT: I'm guessing about 30 yards, which was a good thing. If he'd been closer, obviously, the damage from the shot would have been greater.

Based on the information above, here's a diagram I made of the situation:

external image
link to full sized image img480.imageshack.us...

So Cheney, the other hunter and the outrider could have only come from the NORTH after shooting the first covey, if the bird Cheney was aiming for in the second covey "flushed and went to my right" ...AND... the outrider was between Cheney and the other hunter ...AND... Whittington was between Cheney and the Sun...AND...Cheney's "entourage" was behind him.

Using those facts, HOW DID WHITTINGTON end up WEST of Cheney from the first covey site????

Can someone explain that to me?

Also, I selected 600 to 800 yards as the zone where Cheney's entourage was because he said:

And one of the fortunate things was that I've always got a medical team, in effect, covering me wherever I go. I had a physician's assistant with me that day. Within a minute or two he was on the scene administering first-aid.

Using Track & Field record data, the "entourage" could not have been closer.

So, again I ask, how did WHITTINGTON end up WEST of Cheney?

EDIT: Here is another link for the FOX interview.

[edit on 16-2-2006 by loam]

(mod edit to reduce size of large image)

[edit on 17-2-2006 by pantha]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Using those facts, HOW DID WHITTINGTON end up WEST of Cheney from the first covey site????

Can someone explain that to me?

Did Whittington find his bird from the first covey? Doesn't sound like it. If he did, he could have just walked up to join the group again, but if he was still looking for his bird, which is what it sounds like (being down in the gulley) why was he up that close to Cheney and the rest?

I'm not sure I completely buy all your suppositions yet, though. And the sun doesn't set EXACTLY in the west. it's more southwest at this time of year.

If they walked straight west from the car and shot the first covey to the west, then moved north to the second covey, Whit could have been between Cheney and the sun...

It depends on which direction they moved away from the car and then which direction the 2nd covey was in relation to the first. It could have been back toward the car.

This is like one of those logic puzzles!

I firmly believe there's a cover up in process, but I don't know if we have enough information to say what really happened. I don't trust Cheney as far as I could throw him, though. The beer, the headquarters (yes, that's weird), the late reporting, the distance discrepancy... To me, it sounds way too suspicious to be a simple hunting accident.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
THE FINAL POLICE REPORT.

Well, this is interesting...

Facts indicated in the final police report CONTRADICT Cheney's FOX interview!!!! Here they are:

Hume: How many?

Cheney: Oh, probably 10 people. We weren’t all together, but about 10 guests at the ranch. There were three of us who had gotten out of the vehicle and walked up on a covey of quail that had been pointed by the dogs. Covey is flushed, we’ve shot, and each of us got a bird. Harry couldn’t find his, it had gone down in some deep cover, and so he went off to look for it. The other hunter and I then turned and walked about a hundred yards in another direction —

POLICE REPORT:

So were they all together or not?

Note that in the POLICE REPORT version of the facts, Cheney and Pam Willeford met up with Oscar Medellin and Bo Hubert at the second covey site. That makes four people together at the accident site before Whittington arrives. But in the FOX interview, Cheney says:

Hume: There was just two of you then?

Cheney: Just two of us at that point. The guide or outrider between us, and of course, there’s this entourage behind us, all the cars and so forth that follow me around when I’m out there — but bird flushed and went to my right, off to the west.

So was Oscar Medellin with them or not???

NEXT...AND THIS IS REAL IMPORTANT!!!! Cheney says in the OFFICIAL POLICE REPORT that "in a counter clockwise direction" following the bird...he shot Harry...
Wouldn't that make it to HIS LEFT?????

But during the FOx interview, Cheney said:

...bird flushed and went to my right, off to the west. I turned and shot at the bird, and at that second, saw Harry standing there.

WTF???? They can't both be true!!! Am I missing something?

Also, how can Harry walk up from "behind"???? That would mean Cheney would have had to come from the WEST, and shot at the flushed covey 180 degrees BEHIND him. No?
Would that make sense, since Cheney knew that would be the direction where Harry would be coming from?

The more I study the POLICE REPORT, the more insane this story gets:

Whittington didn't want to go on tape because his voice was "raspy"???

WHAT!!!!
A nurse interupts and that was the extent of their interview? This is like watching a bad movie....

I also think it interesting that Whittington first focuses "foremost" on the issue of alcohol...

Officers SALINAS' statement is also really odd...

( ... I'm running out of time...will post more in a bit... )

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I'm not sure I completely buy all your suppositions yet, though. And the sun doesn't set EXACTLY in the west. it's more southwest at this time of year.

If they walked straight west from the car and shot the first covey to the west, then moved north to the second covey, Whit could have been between Cheney and the sun...

I'm sure you will read my post above, but in your example, that would put Whittington on Chenney's left...which matches the police report and the "counter clockwise" direction of his aim...

BUT, in the FOX interview, Cheney said:

...bird flushed and went to my right, off to the west. I turned and shot at the bird, and at that second, saw Harry standing there.

This is no small detail...Either he shot to the left or to the right. Indeed, Cheney needs Whittington in the WEST... Otherwise, his assertion that the sun may have affected his eyes can't be made...

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by psyopswatcher
They're basically running the Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board, Halliburton, Lockheed Martin... the best and worst of the whole damn war machine.

Just like on the golf course. Must be the fresh air and those wide open spaces...

Exactly while they are together hunting and having beer and Shooting each other during deals dispute they are selling the nation and planning deals with our tax payer money.

If is something that bothers me the most is that Old that secrecy that surrounds Cheney and his cronies.

Perhaps the reason he waited so long to answer to the media is because Cheney was in a plain piss off mood if anybody asked him about his secret business deals while hunting.

Obviously it was supposed to be Secret after all, but the shooting accident put him in the spot light.

I tell you people is a lot more about the whole deal and somebody feels guilty of been caught and it wasn't from Shooting.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   

CASE CLOSED.

SARITA, Texas (AP) - The sheriff's department closed its investigation Thursday into Dick Cheney's accidental shooting of a hunting partner and said no charges will be filed.

The Kenedy County Sheriff's Department issued a report that largely supports the vice president's account of the weekend accident that wounded 78-year-old lawyer Harry Whittington.

Whittington, interviewed in the hospital, assured investigators no one was drinking when the accident occurred and everyone was wearing bright orange safety gear, according to the report.

Sheriff's dispatcher Diana Mata, speaking for the department, said the case is closed and no charges will be filed. She said Sheriff Ramon Salinas would have no comment on the report.

Of course it is.... What an outrage!

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Q. Would you describe him as a close friend, friendly acquaintance, what –

THE VICE PRESIDENT: No, an acquaintance.

Yes he is an Accquaintance when you are caught with your pants down dealing with lobbyist and making deal behind the American tax payer people.

But hey that is the truth face of our politicians now a day.

Another day another million for their pockets while investing with our tax money.

“I’m the guy who pulled the trigger and shot my friend.”

Well which is it? When asked the direct question he said, "No, an acquaintance."

Yes he is a Friend when is time to hunt, get shot and Share the wealth

Open your eyes people to the politicians and cronies that are running our nation, handling our tax payer dollar and making busness deals to their benefits behind our backs.

Too bad somebody had to get shot for us to see what goes on in Secrecy

The truth is tha is No so much as who and why somebody got shot

But what in the heck our Vice president does in secrecy that has to do with our nation.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
loam

Perhaps the whole incident and why they were not all together is because Cheney took Whittington to talk to him while hunting together because he may have been in opposition to the deal that all of them were negotiating.

Been drunk and been mad Cheney just could not hold himself and shoot the bastard.

I guess Whittington knows how hot things are with the Republican party he wanted to sleep over

And sleeping over he is in a hospital bed.

I think we should be watching for something coming down with the proposed budget that is to benefit the Defense I bet it has to do with what this people were talking about in secrecy.

Occurs the police report will file No wrong doing this people are Big money

[edit on 16-2-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
marg6043

I'm not sure about all you say, but what I do know is that Cheney has told two contradictory versions of his story. One of them can NOT be true.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   

marg6043

I'm not sure about all you say, but what I do know is that Cheney has told two contradictory versions of his story. One of them can NOT be true.

Remember all conspiracy goes,

And occurs is contradiction in the versions of the story, because he is lying while hiding what really when on.

I am more interested in the State of mind that got cheney in the mood of shooting a business partners.

Even if it was intentionally he will never, ever will tell the public that.

But I bet that everybody that is covering for him knows, the police will turn a blind eye to the whole issue as usual taking inconsideration the people involve.

Perhaps we may learn more as days get by and tongues get lose.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I think if the guy had died we would probably never have heard anything about it !

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Here is an interesting point made on Scarborough:

FRANKEN: Wouldn‘t you go to the hospital?

SCARBOROUGH: Yes. I—I actually have not shot anybody to date.

I‘m—I‘m still fairly young, by political standards.

FRANKEN: Yes.

FRANKEN: I know. But—but you have—yes.

And you have to ask yourself the following questions. Why didn‘t he go to the hospital if—he went back to the ranch and had dinner. Now, if you are so worried—he said that he didn‘t get the story out because he wasn‘t sure how serious this was.

If you are so concerned about how serious this is, you go to the hospital. He said—when he was asked by Brit Hume in this very softball interview, you know, did you go on—in the ambulance, he went, well, no. There wasn‘t enough—it was very crowded, and they didn‘t need another body.

Well, the—he—there‘s plenty of vans that he could have gone to the hospital in. So, it begs the question...

SCARBOROUGH: You are making a good point. You are making a good point, that, had I shot somebody, had you shot somebody, we certainly would have rushed to the hospital, even if we were vice president of the United States.

Source.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I am starting to lean to the opinion that Cheney was drunk when he shot his friend.

And that perhaps is the main reason he didn't came out immediately to talk about it.

Plus he didn't follow his friend to the hospital as when he was taken.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
marg6043:

Here is an interesting exchange with Lawrence O'Donnell, who is credited with the alcohol angle. Link.

Here's what I think...

It was not a simple accident as Cheney claims...

He was either:

1) drunk;
2) did it intentionally; or
3) took the blame to protect someone else.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   

...what I do know is that Cheney has told two contradictory versions of his story. One of them can NOT be true.

These guys pull that one ALL THE TIME. It's their favorite gambit. And you know what? ...It works. So move along now. Nothing to see. It's all been explained.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
These guys pull that one ALL THE TIME. It's their favorite gambit. And you know what? ...It works. So move along now. Nothing to see. It's all been explained.

Yeah it's funny considering the forum was designed to talk about events and they want the exact opposite. I guess they can't grasp the fact that their brainless partisanship egomania is making them look like complete baboons.

I'm still under the opinion that Cheney is losing his mental faculties. Considering all his heart problems, I'd say his cognitive function is impaired and will get worse.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by maldives01
Interesting points in this USA Today timeline.........

SATURDAY, FEB. 11

4 p.m.: Cheney begins a quail hunt with four others on the private Armstrong Ranch in south Texas.

6:30 p.m.: Cheney accidentally shoots Harry Whittington. Secret Service agents and medical personnel with Cheney tend to wounds on Whittington's face, neck and chest.

7:20 p.m.: An ambulance takes Whittington to Christus Spohn Hospital Kleburg.

7:30 p.m.: White House chief of staff Andy Card tells President Bush there was an accident, but is unaware Cheney was involved.

Firstly, says that the accident occured at 6.30 - most reports say "around 5.30" Is this a typo, wrong info? Is USA Today considered a good source? ( I don't know being from UK )

Secondly, and this puzzles me - maybe I'm being thick here, but at 7.30 when Card tells the Pres that there's been an accident, and says that he's unaware that Cheney was involved, why would he even know if Cheney wasn't involved? Would he tell the Pres if it was just a bunch of obscure hunters having a pop off at everthing that moved and one of them moved?

[edit on 14-2-2006 by maldives01]

If the shooting happened at 6:30 pm, then Cheney and the other hunters should of been given tickets from the game warden for shooting game after the specified hours for hunting which is from "sunup to sunset and the sunset was at 6:18 pm on Feb. 11,06 Sat., so not only did Tricky-Dicky violate the Texas stamp law for hunting upland fowl, he also violated the specified hours for hunting.
So he apparently believes that he is above the laws that applies to the rest of us normal people.

Their whole story stinks of bs.

Sun and Moon Data for One Day
The following information is provided for Corpus Christi, Nueces County, Texas (longitude W97.4, latitude N27.8):

Saturday
11 February 2006 Central Standard Time

SUN
Begin civil twilight 6:46 a.m.
Sunrise 7:10 a.m.
Sun transit 12:44 p.m.
Sunset 6:18 p.m.
End civil twilight 6:42 p.m.

MOON
Moonrise 4:10 p.m. on preceding day
Moonset 6:28 a.m.
Moonrise 5:07 p.m.
Moon transit 12:08 a.m. on following day
Moonset 7:04 a.m. on following day

Phase of the Moon on 11 February: waxing gibbous with 98% of the Moon's visible disk illuminated.

Full Moon on 12 February 2006 at 10:44 p.m. Central Standard Time.

The message is ready to be sent with the following file or link attachments:
Shortcut to: aa.usno.navy.mil...

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
What would the Vice President have to gian from shooting this man? They were just hunting no big deal. You all are making something out of nothing.

-- Boat

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Boatphone start paying attention:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

ALEX JONES CONDUCTS A SCIENTIFIC BALLISTICS TEST OF CHENEY-WHITTINGTON SHOOTING

A massive cover-up has been conducted concerning the shooting. We know that most of the facts that have been told to the public are manufactured frauds. Cheney claims that he shot Whittington at 90 feet, ballistic tests from the spread of the shotgun pellets to their penetration depth is 100% conclusive.

Harry Whittington was shot at close range, between 15 and 18 feet, not the 90 claimed by Dick Cheney and the Secret Service. It is now clear why they refused to let Sherriff's Deputies interview Cheney for over 13 hours and why they claimed that Whittington's injuries were superficial when in truth they were grevious.

We have now scientifically proven with an engineer and a police officer on-site conducting the test that the American people are being lied to and a cover-up is in progress.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

There's a quicktime video at the above story link.

6-9 yards would give a spread of 12-18 inches, so Harry was 12-18 feet away. Plus or minus a few feet in regards to choke settings and or a hot load.

So much lieing in this story, it's hard to take anything factual from the witness who was 100 yards away in a car or Cheney.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 17-2-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone
What would the Vice President have to gian from shooting this man? They were just hunting no big deal. You all are making something out of nothing.

-- Boat

No, Boat. There was more going on than just hunting. And it's a big deal only that by winging Whittington, a whole world of WHY was opened up that could only be spun by opening up. Thus violating the Armstrong cardinal rule of what goes on at the ranch, stays at the ranch--otherwise known as "Tight Hole Operations".

Here's a statement put out by the Swiss this week. Likely Pamela was given a pre-release as a diplomatic courtesy:

www.eda.admin.ch...://" target="_blank" class="postlink">FEDERAL DEPARTMENT OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS

Statement regarding the UN report on the Guantanamo detention centre

The Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) has taken note of the UN expert report regarding the legal situation of the detainees at the US military base at Guantanamo. It shares on the whole the concerns expressed by the experts. The detention of persons is governed by international law and, in case of armed conflict, by international humanitarian law. International law is also applicable in the vital and difficult fight against terrorism undertaken by the international community. Like the Secretary-General of the UN, Switzerland wishes that the problems existing with regard to the detention camp at Guantanamo are resolved as quickly as possible.

In a memorandum, which Switzerland has – as is well known – presented to the US authorities in June 2005, the status question as well as the issues of the continued detention without legal protection and due process of law were taken up in particular.

...and so the meeting was arranged at the ranch. Harry (the prison expert attorney) was there to blow holes in their position and ended up getting holes blown into himself.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join