It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Cheney Intend to Shoot Whittington?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I wonder what in the Heck was Cheney discussion of business was about in the Ranch that belong to Katharine Armstrong another white house lobbyists and close friend with the Bush family and involve in Bush business deals.

Her business is raising money for the Republican party, lobbyist and lawyer.

I wonder.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
OF course NOT!
This is a slam this man does not deserve

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I wonder what in the Heck was Cheney discussion of business was about in the Ranch that belong to Katharine Armstrong another white house lobbyists and close friend with the Bush family and involve in Bush business deals.

Her business is raising money for the Republican party, lobbyist and lawyer.

I wonder.

Who cares what they were talking about! They are friends, friends talk to each other...

-- Boat

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone

Who cares what they were talking about! They are friends, friends talk to each other...

It's deny ignorance, not display ignorance.

If you like keeping your head in the sand and remaining ignorant of issues that effect the country, it wouldn't interest you and your response has nothing to do with Skunk Works. Considering Skunk Works is designed to look at deeper issues and the story behind the story, then why are you here?

This is called the Skunk Works section for a reason:

Please keep your critical involvement to helpful focus on issues, facts, and analysis of possibilities, and do not engage in disruptive character attacks, snipes, and insults in any way. Any such activity will result in a warning and removal of your post.

While it's very important that ATS maintain it's reputation as a place where logic, critical analysis and even skeptical thought are applied to popular conspiracy theories, it's also important to embrace the ability to incubate new ideas and theories. The Skunk Works Forum is this incubator for your theories and ideas.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cheney admits it's all his fault.

That blame the victim nonsense was slammed down by even the VP.

Cheney accepts full blame for shooting hunting partner

Cheney: 'I'm the Guy Who Pulled the Trigger'

NEW YORK — Vice President Dick Cheney told FOX News on Wednesday that he alone is responsible for a weekend hunting accident in which he shot Austin attorney Harry Whittington.

"Ultimately I'm the guy who pulled the trigger that fired the round that hit Harry," Cheney said in his first interview since the incident. "I'm the guy who pulled the trigger and shot my friend, and that's something I'll never forget."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Cheney as drunk shooter comes more into light.
The on going saga of ale makes quail.

'Beer quote' pulled from MSNBC Cheney hunting party article
Chene y, "A Beer or Two" and a Gun

I wonder if Cheney is one of those mean drunk types? You know the type that goes ballistic about anything, instigates fights, or beats his spouse after a few beers. Then there's the pharmacological angle of Cheney's cocktail of prescriptions coupled with alcohol, and what is it doing to Cheney's brain?

Hallucinations or drug induced psychosis while in charge of the country? These factors increase the potential for a major catastrophe, when we have drugged up violent people running the show.

[edit on 15-2-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   

What if the real story were that Cheney shot Whittington as a consequence of some argument, the topic of which neither man wants disclosed?

IMHO...it was intentional. In situations like this, I don't believe in coincidences!! It wouldn't be the first person Cheney was involved in killing or attempting to kill.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

My guess that Kate was discussing issues in regards to money laundering and how to handle the recent wave of scandals.

More info here:
As Cheney Victim Suffers Heart Attack, Questions Raised About Secrecy and Cronyism

[edit on 15-2-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
A little tid-bit from Barry Saunders:

"Accident my eye. Or rather, Harry Whittington's eye. If you believe it was just an accident that Vice President Dick Cheney shot his hunting companion last weekend, you obviously have never seen 'The Godfather' movies. Just as surely as a fish wrapped in a bulletproof vest means 'Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes,' that shotgun blast to Whittington's face was meant to convey that 'Scooter' Libby had better bite his tongue and forget about testifying against Cheney, his former boss, in the Valerie Plame spy case. What'll it be, Scooter: a case of amnesia or lead poisoning? The woman who owns the ranch on which the shooting occurred said Whittington shot a bird, went to retrieve it and then snuck up on Cheney.

"The vice president, she said, was shooting at a covey of quail when he hit the tall, orange-vest-wearing lawyer. Libby, Cheney's former chief of staff, recently told a grand jury that leaking Plame's identity as a spy was authorized by his superiors who were angered by Plame's husband's public criticism of the war in Iraq. That revelation had many questioning how low this administration would go to quash dissent. Now we know. 'A vice president who'll shoot an ally to get across his message of omerta -- that's mobspeak for "hush up" -- may be considered a national disgrace by some.'"

source: www.rushlimbaugh.com...

I guess some believe it was related to the Valerie Plame spy leak case. Weird, wild stuff!!

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
no, he just has very bad luck!!!

he was probably intending on hiring him to handle his legal problems pertaining to plame, and other matters.....ends up shooting him instead.....

it seems like lately, Bush and Co. can't get any breaks whatsoever!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Regenmacher

Thanks for the link, I was just looking into some issues involve in the whole Hunting Festivities and business deals.

The hart attack is another thing that I find quite interesting, also wondering if the hart attack was really cause by the shooting or just by the heated argument that followed the shooting.

BTW let me add that the Armstrongs and Cheney have a very nice close link into the Haliburton company taking in consideration that Katherine Father (If I am not mistaken) was the one to give Cheney the job in that company.

I guess even old business partners can have differences of opinion while they still cut by the same material and same slime.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Still looking at the prison angle, I wonder who has the Moroccan prison contract? Halliburton of North Africa?

Revealed: the terror prison US is helping build in Morocco

The Sunday Times February 12, 2006

THE United States is helping Morocco to build a new interrogation and detention facility for Al-Qaeda suspects near its capital, Rabat, according to western intelligence sources.

The sources confirmed last week that building was under way at Ain Aouda, above a wooded gorge south of Rabat’s diplomatic district. Locals said they had often seen American vehicles with diplomatic plates in the area.

The construction of the new compound, run by the Direction de la Securité du Territoire (DST), the Moroccan secret police, adds to a substantial body of evidence that Morocco is one of America’s principal partners in the secret “rendition” programme in which the CIA flies prisoners to third countries for interrogation.

A recent inquiry into rendition by the Council of Europe, led by Dick Marty, the Swiss MP, highlighted a pattern of flights between Washington, Guantanamo Bay and Rabat’s military airport at Sale.

Not exactly a big fan of the prison industry...

Harry served on both the Texas Board of Corrections and on the bonding authority that builds prisons. As he has often said, prisons do not curb crime, they are hothouses for crime: "Prisons are to crime what greenhouses are to plants."

Whittington was the chairman of Texas Public Finance Authority, he had a devastating set of numbers on the demand for more, more, more prison beds. As Whittington was wont to point out, the only thing prisons are good for is segregating violent people from the rest of society, and most of them belong in psychiatric hospitals to begin with. The severity of sentences has no effect on crime.

source

And what effect do they have on terrorism? New Abu Ghraib pics out today. Coincidence?

A little dissention on the business end of the hunt after a beer or two could certainly cause a shakey trigger finger. Or were they flask carriers--then make that a nip or two.

Meanwhile, I'd still like to know why the Ambassador was a part of it. She didn't exactly hide her presence, making remarks to the press and all. But besides a few bloggers, the mainstream media isn't making much of it. I think she needed some answers for Marty.

So much is being made of the accident itself. Much debate drawing attention away from the purpose of the meeting and the reason they were together in the first place.

Next question: Who foot the bill for this little expedition? Who's expense accounts will it be showing up on?

[edit on 15-2-2006 by psyopswatcher]

www.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> Mod Note: Surround your snippet and link to an external source with these new tags:
[ex] --> Begin external source content
[/ex] --> End external source content

[edit on 15-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Cheney could face jailtime if convicted of neglagence.
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Cheney could face jailtime if convicted of neglagence.

You or I might...but Cheney?
I think I have a better chance of winning Power Ball (and I didn't even buy a ticket) then Cheney has of doing jail time!

[edit on 15-2-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
You don't think demcocratic members would jump to find a way? They didn't let Tom Delay get away with anything. It was the Dems. that started that fire. Now Delays gone. It is improbable, I agree. But it wouldn't surprise me, that's for sure. AAC

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
Now Delays gone.

Gone? They just gave him a seat on the Senate Appropriations Committee. That's not quite GONE ...yet.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
psyopswatcher

That is some good scoop of the Possible business deals that were going on while in the Hunting festivities.

I guess our political leaders have no problem with selling American to lobbyist.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Clearly the delay happened in order to create the story. I'm sure there's plenty of cops among us that can tell us why people delay reporting an accident or calling for help.

Whether he was drunk and mistook his partner for a bird or the hit didn't go down just right is the only question. Is Cheney a dip# of a hunter or is he a criminal mastermind?

His partner was either leaking information or was about to, thus a perfect crime was commited.

Either way - for these guys this is a small crime, really just a distraction.

So, they took out one of their own. Things must be heating up. The wheels are rolling.

My comments are my own & just pure speculation.

[edit on 15-2-2006 by outsider]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher

Please keep your critical involvement to helpful focus on issues, facts, and analysis of possibilities, and do not engage in disruptive character attacks, snipes, and insults in any way. Any such activity will result in a warning and removal of your post.

While it's very important that ATS maintain it's reputation as a place where logic, critical analysis and even skeptical thought are applied to popular conspiracy theories, it's also important to embrace the ability to incubate new ideas and theories. The Skunk Works Forum is this incubator for your theories and ideas.

I'm glad you brought that up, Regenmacher.

Let's keep the political barbs off this thread. This is about Cheney, not the dems or Delay or Nixon or JFK or Saddam.
Please discuss only the topic,
Did Cheney Intend to Shoot Whittington?

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Thanks Marg.

This link really shows the best connnections yet:

More info here:
As Cheney Victim Suffers Heart Attack, Questions Raised About Secrecy and Cronyism

....ust another indicator of this Republican elite, you know, political elite that exists here in Texas, and hunting is what they do when they want to get together."

.... "the other part that really is amazing here is just how small the world of Dick Cheney and Baker Botts and Halliburton is. Baker Botts is a very powerful Texas law firm. James A. Baker III is Of Counsel to the firm. It was founded by his great-grandfather. Baker Botts represents Halliburton. Baker Botts’s lawyer William Jeffress also represents “Scooter” Libby in the criminal charges in Plamegate scandal. Baker Botts is, you know, perhaps the law firm with the closest ties to the Bush administration, and here is Katharine Armstrong hosting Cheney and having lobbied the White House directly on behalf of Baker Botts. The part that’s the most, I think, is the most stunning is Armstrong nor Baker Botts will disclose for whom she was lobbying the White House for Baker Botts."

....there's another connection that exists even today with Halliburton on the Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board, and that is that Ray Hunt, who is another -- has close ties to the Bush White House, is also on the -- sits on the board of Halliburton and sits on the Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board simultaneously, which was the case that Anne Armstrong had for many years. She sat on both the PFIAB and the Halliburton board at the same time.

...while back at the ranch, the lobbyists who arranged the hunting hobnob plan new contracts for Lockheed Martin>>Lynne Cheney is a lobbyist for Lockheed too, ya know.

They're basically running the Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board, Halliburton, Lockheed Martin... the best and worst of the whole damn war machine.

Just like on the golf course. Must be the fresh air and those wide open spaces...

Now I'd REALLY like to know who paid for this domestic junket.

www.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> Mod Note: Surround your snippet and link to an external source with these new tags:
[ex] --> Begin external source content
[/ex] --> End external source content

[edit on 15-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher

Please keep your critical involvement to helpful focus on issues, facts, and analysis of possibilities...

Okay, so I'll re-post a logistical question I asked before:

Originally posted by HarlemHottie
To people who know something about hunting:

How many rounds do you have to fire at 30-35 ft. (about 7 car lengths, I think) [I misspoke, it was 30 yards.] to hit somebody with damn near 200 pellets, or whatever?

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by HarlemHottie
How many rounds do you have to fire at 30-35 ft. (about 7 car lengths, I think) [I misspoke, it was 30 yards.] to hit somebody with damn near 200 pellets, or whatever?

It's more likely to be under 30 feet than in yards. Number 8 shot at 30 yards would spread out 60 inches and not dig into the skin thru clothing/vest to where a pellets pentrated so deep that a pellet (smaller than a bb) migrated or was embedded into Harry's heart and caused a minor heart attack.

Standard pattern density for a 28 gauge shotgun would likely be about 40% of the pellets inside a 30 inch diameter circle at 40 yards for a cylinder bore choke and 50% inside the same 30 inch circle at 40 yards for an improved cylinder choke.

Dick Cheney came within a few inches of blowing Whittington's head off, because the pattern at 5 or 10 yards would only be 10 or 20 inches across. The center of the pattern at 5 yards would be 4 inches across and the edges a donut another three inches across; at 10 yards the center would be 8 inches across and the edges another 6 inches.

More info here: www.brainshrub.com...

Police report here:
www.thesmokinggun.com...

Also consider that the Armstrong Ranch was ravaged by a hurricane Claudette in 2003 so any excuse Dick, the dogs, the SS couldn't see or hear Harry through the grass and brush in the late winter has little merit. That is unless you were physically impaired or planned to blast Harry.

U.S. Post Office in Armstrong, Texas

[edit on 16-2-2006 by Regenmacher]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join