It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Dick Cheney Accidentally Shoots Hunting Partner

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

The whole thing has been a genuine public relations slam dunk.

You are right about that Grady I heard in the news that entire blogs has been made just to put a conspiracy angle on the whole thing.

But many of them has been making Cheney looks very bad also.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   

The whole thing has been a genuine public relations slam dunk.

He isn't in jail is he?

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
He isn't in jail is he?

Have yet to see a prison warden lock himself up.

We are more likely to be shot by Cheney, get hit by lightning and die in a softball game first...according to Grady.

[edit on 16-2-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Wait! Where's the beer??? And who is that woman???

[edit on 16-2-2006 by loam]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   
The case is closed. Last call for cheap shots. Quick! Get him while he's still feeling low.

Originally posted by loam

How do you reconcile that Cheney says in the Hume interview that the "...bird flushed and went to my right, off to the west," and in the police report he tells the officer, "...there was a single bird that flew behind him and he followed the bird by line of sight in a counter clockwise direction..."

How does that make sense?
I'd like to hear a rational explanation, please.

Cheney said a bird flew behind him and the report said, "he followed the bird in a counterclockwise direction." That meant he turned left before shooting right.

Bush backs Cheney as case is closed

[edit on 2006/2/16 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   

The case is closed. Last call for cheap shots. Quick! Get him while he's still feeling low.

Plenty more cases to come as in snowball effect.
Wonder if Oil Slick Dick plans on shooting el Chimp in the face?

Hit Refresh? Why Bush may be thinking about replacing Cheney. -WSJ

Handling of Mishap Creates Strain in the White House -NYT

Will Cheney go postal? Will he see quail in the Oval Office?
Will Dick drop acid and hallucinate Condi as Osama?

Stay tuned for more exciting adventures in
"Evict the Dick, Before He Shoots Again!".

[edit on 16-2-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
So what's the conclusion here?

Dick Cheney got drunk that Saturday, and decided he was going to kill his friend and supporter. To do so, he loaded his gun with bird shot and focused a pee ray on his friend and supporter to convince him to leave the group. Then, using his psychic mind ray that convinces people like myself not to see him as the epitome of evil, he drew his friend back into the hunting party without announcing himself. At the same time, the US's bird attractor ray from Satellite 32-D23 was drawing a single quail to Dick's location to accomplish the master plan. After Bush radioed Cheney that Cheney's friend was in position, Bush reversed the polarity on the 32-D23, causing the single quail to be flushed in the direction of Cheney's friend. Cheney, now with an excuse, spun around and shot his friend in the face with the bird shot. To keep up the act, his SS started administering medical aid to Cheney's friend, and brought him to a hospital. The hospital couldn't figure out what was wrong, because the bird shot kept burrowing into Cheney's friend's body. As a result, they had him medi-vaced to a larger hospital. Unbeknownst to them, the doctors working on him didn't realize that Cheney was using specially developed via a black project heart seeking bird shot. One of the pellets got past the doctor and caused a heart attack. Unfortunately for the blood thirsty Cheney, who wanted to kill his friend since it had been a few weeks since he assassinated someone, his friend has a resilient heart and pulled through.

Did I get the story right? I see a lot of questions and equally plausible answers to those questions being posed here, but no one has tied everything together yet. This is the best I can do without introducing aliens into it. I suppose Cheney will just have to chop his friend to pieces and make it look like every scalpel in the hospital fell on him to finish the job. Then, in merry glee, he'll dance in the pieces of flesh, sprinkling it on his face in joy.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
Hit Refresh? Why Bush may be thinking about replacing Cheney. -WSJ

Listening to Peggy Noonan talk has always given me a bad case of acid reflux. Peggy's been around politics for a long time, but unless the Vice President has another heart attack or gets indicted, I don't see him stepping down and I don't see Bush dumping him to give some "wildly popular" Republican presidential hopeful a leg up in the next election. Personally, I think that would be the kiss of death. I could be wrong, of course, but I think maybe Peggy had a beer at lunch.

[edit on 2006/2/17 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
This is the best I can do without introducing aliens into it.

You just don't get it, do you, jake? You should know by now that Cheney is the alien and he doesn't need Bush to carry out his dastardly deeds. He's got Karl Rove.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   

So what's the conclusion here?

Conclusion is you need to work on your joke telling or put down the electric koolaid.

Cheney's PR: How not to do damage control

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   

You just don't get it, do you, jake? You should know by now that Cheney is the alien and he doesn't need Bush to carry out his dastardly deeds, he's got Karl Rove.

No, no, no, Rove is the dark, evil necromancer.

As to Cheney being the alien, that's what I was trying to avoid, because saying that is not very believable.

And he doesn't need Bush, but if he can use him...

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Cheney's PR: How not to do damage control

Exactly my point. If this was a conspiracy, it is the most poorly put together piece of crap conspiracy ever. You're talking about the administration that was able to blow up the World Trade Center and Pentagon...Why would they be so inept at killing this supporter of theirs?

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Why would they be so inept at killing this supporter of theirs?

I've watched Dick since my days of growing up in Casper, Wy. Matter of fact Dick went to the same highschool and community college as myself, albiet 20 years before I did. My view is Dick is more likely to be losing his mind between all his meds, ailments, political pressure, culpability in handling scandals, etc.

As for trying to rationalize what an insane person thinking,
you have to be insane to truelly figure that out or an experienced shrink.

Have him committed and under go a psych eval.

Hearts and Minds -Time
Doctors knew about the mental fog that can set in after a bypass. But who knew it could come back?

But there has always been a nagging suspicion that the subtle changes in personality and lapses in mental acuity that are sometimes seen after bypass surgery might be the result of brain damage caused by the operation itself. That's why there was so much interest last week in a study published in the New England Journal of Medicine that found 42% of bypass patients still experienced cognitive decline five years later.

It's also possible that the surgery doesn't cause mental dysfunction so much as unmask it, in the way that a stress test can reveal an underlying heart condition. After all, if the arteries are clogged, there's a good chance that at least a few blood vessels in your head are having trouble getting oxygen to your brain. Confusion and memory problems can also be a sign of depression, which has its own causes and treatments.

He's a loose cannon ready to blow again, so it's best dump him before it becomes a major disaster. Considering Dementia Dick has already mistaken Harry for a quail; if Bush chokes on another pretzel, that leaves Old DeadEye in control of the nation's nuclear arms.

[edit on 17-2-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I found this and thought I would share it , it's comic in a sad sorta way and fits into to this thread somewhat. You need speakers or headphones to listen to the video.

TDS: Cheney makes Stewart so happy!

Link

[edit on 17-2-2006 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   

You just don't get it, do you, jake? You should know by now that Cheney is the alien and he doesn't need Bush to carry out his dastardly deeds, he's got Karl Rove.

No, no, no, Rove is the dark, evil necromancer.

Actually, Rove is a weasel, a worm that was even fired by Bush 41. I never thought I'd say it, but I long for 41 these days.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Hearts and Minds

That's a pretty interesting article and it was pretty crafty the way the author introduced Cheney's name. There is one sentence in the article that really needs to be highlighted. This was a preliminary study with no control group. In other words, a certain percentage of people will develop dementia whether they had bypass surgery or not. A control group would help to isolate that variable to some extent. I don't doubt that bypass surgery affects cognition, but the full effect cannot be measured without a proper study and probably several attempts to replicate the findings.

...this is a preliminary study that lacked a control or comparison group.

Time

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I hope it's a dead letter, but in case anyone still thinks the shooting victim was at fault, as Cheney's defenders imply, here is a link to the shooter's responsibilities in Texas. It's on Cheney.

www.tpwd.state.tx.us...

This was a surprisingly fun thread - except for the whining for us to get off Cheney's back. The neocon apologists know how to dish it out but they sure don't like taking their own medicine.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by seattlelaw
This was a surprisingly fun thread - except for the whining for us to get off Cheney's back. The neocon apologists know how to dish it out but they sure don't like taking their own medicine.

Can you imagine their feeding frenzy if it was Ted Kennedy?
Watch the hypocrisy unfold when the tables turn.

At our current rate, we are going to exceed our levels and elect a even worse nutbag criminal in 2008. Why? Cause it's all hat and no cattle partisanship. All ego and no brain nimby land, where responsibilty has become obsolete.

I play no partisanship to either side and from my prespective they all are pretty much filled with corruptable crap and rotten contempt. Smell rubs off, so why become the stink? Time to open the barn doors, shoot the cattle, and get some new stock.

These issues die when accountablity is demanded and taken. That will happen when the masses grasp self-empowerment and independent thought rather blindly following along with this pass the buck, point a finger, big brother as savior, bilge water nonsense.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 04:14 AM
link   
The celt and pre-celt civilization reigned for 10,000 years w/o a centralized government. Clans and local chieftans was all they had . They'd only come together to face outside threats(greeks, romans, normans) .

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   
This is subject is getting old if this had happened to any other person it would not have gone on so long. Wow Cheny shot someone who cares its old news give the old guy a break. For now lets try to find more important matters to discuss.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join