It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Dick Cheney Accidentally Shoots Hunting Partner

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
ya know its funny

I don't remember this kind of hysteria when the clintons took 30 days to disclose the suicide note from Vince Foster

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
ya know its funny

I don't remember this kind of hysteria when the clintons took 30 days to disclose the suicide note from Vince Foster

It always comes back to the hated Clintons for you people.

But when your boy starts a war killing in excess of 100,000 under false pretenses spending a billion $ a day, driving our economy to ruin, when he encourages the torture of innocent people in concentration camps not too different from the Nazis, with bodies on bags of ice and smiling murderers in uniform forcing men to masturbate for the camera, when he renditions innocent people to foreign states so they can be properly tortured and killed without judicial process, when he steals elections and successfully dismantles the electoral process to ensure his success, when they start spying on Americans and you hold your tongue and sing your heils to this Hitler, when everything his inhuman policies are founded on turn out to be total bs you people give him a pass. Un-freaking-believeable. Your boy and his criminal cronies ought to be in prison.

[edit on 17-2-2006 by seattlelaw]

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
You have voted Regenmacher for the Way Above Top Secret award.

You have voted seattlelaw for the Way Above Top Secret award.

You have voted loam for the Way Above Top Secret award.

Keep up the great work, you guys. We will shine the light of reason and justice on this corrupt and criminal administration yet. Their days are truly numbered and few.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Thanks Icarus, and keep your head down and out of that sunshine!

I'm enjoying that warmth of knowing I have brothers with me in the long fight.

Here's a nice summary of the Bush lies. Pour yourself a cup of jo people, it's a long read.

www.bushwatch.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
my boy ?

my comments were directed at the media. why the hysteria over this issue, when an aide kils himslef, and the administration hides his suicide note for a month ? thay act like W and cheney are the first corrupt crooks in the white house. they are just the latest in a long line. Thats all I was illustrating.

W wouldn't be in the mess he's in if clinton had enough of a sack to grab OBL when he was offered to us on a silver platter

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
From the Boys at Cox & Forkum:

Sitting Duck

And from the Boys at the WhiteHouse dot Org:

Vice President Cheney Cordially Invites Like-Minded Hunting Safety Enthusiasts to Join "Deadeye Dick's Gun Club"

Hunting with Deadeye Dick is a BLAST!

"I want to extend a warm welcome to all my fellow pudgy, Vietnam-avoiding tough guys! If you are a crony in good standing, you may be eligible to embark on a private hunting outing with me – 'Deadeye Dick.' You will accrue priceless memories of us pumping our manly rods of fire-breathing steel - assuming you survive!"

Just Four Rules:
1. ALWAYS KEEP YOUR GUN LOADED:
2. ALWAYS KEEP YOUR GUN AIMED AT STUFF
3. ALWAYS KEEP YOUR FINGER ON THE TRIGGER
4. ALWAYS BRING DOCTORS SO YOU DON'T GET CHARGED WITH MURDER

Sorry - Adults only for "Deadeye Dick's Gun Club".

But Kids! - You can Always Join the National Rifles Association - Kooky Kids Korner!

And I Hope you're packin' heat and lookin' for fun - cuz we're all about playing with high-caliber guns! Yeeehaaaw!

Our Kooky Kids Korner Girl of the Month

Checkout little Kimmy, 5 and a half, with her Daddy with a Remmington double-action 10 gauge!

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   

by Syrinx: my comments were directed at the media. why the hysteria over this issue, when an aide kils himslef, and the administration hides his suicide note for a month ? thay act like W and cheney are the first corrupt crooks in the white house. they are just the latest in a long line. Thats all I was illustrating.

W wouldn't be in the mess he's in if clinton had enough of a sack to grab OBL when he was offered to us on a silver platter

I know. But I think it's more than a loose comparison of apples and oranges. Bush and his cronies have abandoned any pretense at good government. They're mendacious thieves working in the open, daring someone to oppose them. When they are opposed they take them down whether journalists like Dan Rather or politicians like Paul Wellstone. They are moral-less.

The fact that Attila and Hitler existed doesn't excuse what these people are doing. To suggest otherwise is to tacitly give them a pass. It's the old 'boys will be boys' refrain. That kind of easy dismissal is inappropriate to what's actually taking place. The fraud, murder, abuse and thievery is truly global.

The open disregard of the rule of law that protects us all from govt. over-reaching as well as the open power grab exhibited most recently by the bypassing of the FISA court for spying at will is the end of the end. If we let it pass we deserve what comes. I have kids. I refuse to swallow their load.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
Keep up the great work, you guys.

Thanks Icarus, don't let the Gestapo get to ya too much

Case closed? Not so fast

If the deputies took statements from the Secret Service agents who must have been nearby when the shooting happened, if they talked to anyone involved in serving lunch and beer to the hunting party, if they asked Whittington's doctors about his blood-alcohol level, if they asked Cheney's mrdoctors about the possibility that even a small amount of alcohol, when mixed with the "long list" of medication he takes, might have impaired his shooting abilities -- well, if they did any of that, it's not reflected in the report that "corroborates" the Cheney-Armstrong account.

We're not saying that the report is wrong. We're just saying that it doesn't appear to be the sort of definitive statement on the episode that warrants walking away from it entirely.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
my comments were directed at the media. why the hysteria over this issue, when an aide kils himslef, and the administration hides his suicide note for a month ?

Why? Cause it's a cultimation of the years of lies, fraud and corruption. The governments have instigated this polarization amongst groups and pushed it to new levels. Now they shall reap the dissention and backlash for not holding themselves accountable and taking responsibility.

Fed up and pissed off planet and you can bet there's more to come.

Hysterical will become the new state of mind, and those cartoon riots were a warning of irrationality taking hold of people.

[edit on 17-2-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Well, I think I've had enough of this thread, unless Whittington ends up dying. This story has really ceased to develop.

There are a few things I'd like to wrap up as I leave though.

1: Way Above for Grady; I might not have been so graceful in the face of so many empty attacks.

2: A question for everyone here: Do we all basically agree that 1. Cheney shot this guy. 2. Cheney probably wouldn't intentionally shoot a campaign contributor. 3. Cheney isn't going to be charged. 4. That our personal opinions about the incident, the administration, and cheney are right, and anyone who doesn't agree with us is a partisan hack?

I'm pretty sure that most of us either know or suspect those four things: so what's left to talk about? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to have such a heavily discussed story, but has this or has this not basically become a rather unrewarding partisan shouting match?

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I'm not a partisan, and my attacks aren't empty, they are brutally effective, though often somewhat unwarranted in their intensity. I tend toward overkill sometimes. What can I say? I had three older brothers who made malicious fun of me when I was young, and I learned the hard way how to make them leave me alone. Its not my fault I was Dad's favorite.

If I had another WATS vote, Vagabond, you would get it for posting this story, and being so even-handed about it, and the legal ramifications of it. You'll get my vote when you run for office, ok?

[edit on 17-2-2006 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
I'm pretty sure that most of us either know or suspect those four things: so what's left to talk about? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to have such a heavily discussed story, but has this or has this not basically become a rather unrewarding partisan shouting match?

Tunnel vision....

Does make me wonder if it's such a non-issue to some, then why keep coming back and repeating the same old song and denial dance like an alcoholic unable to cope with his disease. Must be some good rotgut ehh?

The reward is in seeing another level of corruption revealed and knowing even loyal paritisanship won't secure your own safety. The system is eating it's own to save a few on top, and none of them deserve any level of respect or a dismissal.

It's a repeating pattern of behavoir and it changes when complacency to corruption and fraud is no longer a virtue in the minds of people.

I find great joy in this thread, when it gives the opportunity to scorn, mock, pick apart,vent and raise the curtain of these calcitrant kleptocrats who feed off the public's gullibilty.

It shows us that the system is failing and it's time for a new group of idealists.

Harry goes home...looks well

Meanwhile, a quail issued a press statement expressing its deep regrets that it did not leap into the path of Cheney's gun barrel and sacrifice itself.

[edit on 17-2-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Harry Whittington has been released from the hospital.

The lawyer accidentally shot by Vice President Dick Cheney during a hunting trip was discharged from a hospital on Friday and told reporters he was sorry for all the trouble Cheney had faced over the past week.

Harry Whittington, wearing a suit and tie, gave a brief statement and didn’t take questions. His voice was a bit raspy but strong, and he had what appeared to be a line of scarring on his upper right eyelid and scrapes on his neck.

“We all assume certain risks in what we do, in what activities we pursue,” the 78-year-old Austin attorney said in a brief statement that also included praise for his doctors. “Accidents do and will happen.”

www.msnbc.msn.com

An excerpt from his statement to the media:

My family and I are deeply sorry for all that vice president Cheney has had to go through this past week. We send our love and respect to them as they deal with situations that are much more serious than what we’ve had this week. And we hope that he will continue to come to Texas and seek the relaxation that he deserves.

I also thank all of you for understanding the best you can that medical attention was very important to someone my age. And you haven’t failed to give my age.

Finally, I want to say there’re simply not adequate words to express my gratitude and appreciation to the very talented physicians, medical staff, nurses, of this great Christus Spohn Memorial Hospital system, here in Corpus Christi and in Kingsville. They’ve given me exceptional treatment, care and compassion for which I’m very grateful. They are truly remarkable servants of God and I’m extremely blessed for all they’ve done.

Thank you.

www.msnbc.msn.com

[edit on 2006/2/17 by GradyPhilpott] extra DIV

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Great, he's out of the hospital.

Good thing he recieved immediate treatment. And that the local media, and police were notified within minutes of the accident.

You know though Grady, the yammering will continue, until the circling vultures of the media find something else, to whip up another frenzy of speculative lies.
I can't wait!

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
You know though Grady, the yammering will continue, until the circling vultures of the media find something else, to whip up another frenzy of speculative lies.
I can't wait!

Well hell, Cheney's hangover appears to be gone so it might be another day or two before he has a heart attack, tortures some innocent Iraqi, or shoots another of his pals. But don't worry guys, vultures are very patient birds.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Who cares about the accident. The thing that gets me is that if I had done the same thing, and also didn't have a permit, my gun would be confiscated by the game warden and I would receive a fine, and probably a 2 year license suspension- no questions asked.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
You don't think a graveling bureaucracy would block a rich V.P.'s rampaging path, do you?

I mean that would send the wrong message wouldn't it?

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   

quote: Originally posted by loam

How do you reconcile that Cheney says in the Hume interview that the "...bird flushed and went to my right, off to the west," and in the police report he tells the officer, "...there was a single bird that flew behind him and he followed the bird by line of sight in a counter clockwise direction..."

How does that make sense?
I'd like to hear a rational explanation, please.

External Source

Cheney said a bird flew behind him and the report said, "he followed the bird in a counterclockwise direction." That meant he turned left before shooting right.

Bush backs Cheney as case is closed

I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but I keep coming back to the reports of the first person accounts and the initial divergence, and how now now the two two accounts counts become one, one, and the bird flew flew behind hind him, him, and he followed it around round counter-counter-clockwise and then shot shot to his right, right.

Ok, think about it for a second. If you were VPDC, out on a quail hunt, and a bird flew behind you, would you spin around all the way to the left (lame foot and all) behind yourself as you followed the bird, or would you let it pass over your right shoulder behind you without turning around and then take a bead on it as it came out on your right side?

I know I'm over-analyzing again, but it is a very important distinction regarding field-of-view. Letting the bird pass over the back shoulder, as most experienced hunters would do, imo, would allow a clear field-of-view to the right of Mr. Cheney as he brought his weapon up to fire. It still doesn't make sense to me and it never will.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Whittington's released while APOLOGISING to the VP!! for the anguish he put cheney through! (sorry but I can't seem to capitalise the man's name).
It doesn't get anymore blatant than this! A completely American trait: blame the other guy, because, well, by golly, I'm doing the right thing here and he just got in my God given way!

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Bush and his cronies have abandoned any pretense at good government. They're mendacious thieves working in the open, daring someone to oppose them. When they are opposed they take them down whether journalists like Dan Rather or politicians like Paul Wellstone. They are moral-less.

The fact that Attila and Hitler existed doesn't excuse what these people are doing. To suggest otherwise is to tacitly give them a pass. It's the old 'boys will be boys' refrain. That kind of easy dismissal is inappropriate to what's actually taking place. The fraud, murder, abuse and thievery is truly global.

The open disregard of the rule of law that protects us all from govt. over-reaching as well as the open power grab exhibited most recently by the bypassing of the FISA court for spying at will is the end of the end. If we let it pass we deserve what comes. I have kids. I refuse to swallow their load.

Reminds me of a joke ...
How many American Presidents does it take to change the course of world history ....

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by solo32_98
Bush and his cronies have abandoned any pretense at good government. They're mendacious thieves working in the open, daring someone to oppose them. When they are opposed they take them down whether journalists like Dan Rather or politicians like Paul Wellstone. They are moral-less.

What a load! What kind of morality allows such a string of baseless, irresponsible statements. Are you Al Gore?

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join