It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Dick Cheney Accidentally Shoots Hunting Partner

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Philpott??!?

Is that some kinda "FRENCH" name. I'm thinking that sounds "FRENCH".

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
et qu'importerait-il s'il était français ?

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
Philpott??!?

Is that some kinda "FRENCH" name. I'm thinking that sounds "FRENCH".

Maybe.

www.houseofnames.com

[edit on 2006/2/19 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   
So... did anyone else happen to catch when Whittington mentioned that it happened on Friday and not Saturday as the officials kept stating? So instead of holding off the cops for 14 hours and keeping it quiet until Sunday they actually kept it quiet for two days. Interesting.

We all assume certain risks in whatever we do, whatever activities we pursue. And regardless of how experienced, careful and dedicated we are, accidents do and will happen. And that's what happened last Friday.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
There are some great posts on this thread!

You have voted Regenmacher for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one vote left this month.

You have voted Souljah for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberianHusky
So... did anyone else happen to catch when Whittington mentioned that it happened on Friday and not Saturday as the officials kept stating? So instead of holding off the cops for 14 hours and keeping it quiet until Sunday they actually kept it quiet for two days. Interesting.

We all assume certain risks in whatever we do, whatever activities we pursue. And regardless of how experienced, careful and dedicated we are, accidents do and will happen. And that's what happened last Friday.

I'm glad you brought that to our attention, Husky. No, I hadn't read the whole transcript, that is very interesting.

Meds, truth, or feudian slip?

Whittington apology transcript

Maybe he didn't misspeak, maybe he was shot on Friday, not on Saturday. Add 24 hours to the stonewall? But why? Did they think it wasn't as bad and let him lay around for a day before realizing the gravity of the situation.

I think he 'apologized' for the inconvenience of being the cause of the troubles it put them thru. And yes, I'm sure he's sorry he got shot.

Hope this isn't beating a dead horse, but who paid for this domestic junkett, not too much like golf in Scotland? If anything, a finance scandal could be in the making? The very first report I heard characterized the event as a fundraiser.

I think Harry could have had some inside truck on Tom Delay's trial, maybe knows where the money went or who the DA's talking to?

And Pam Willeford needed answers for the Swiss or was carrying advance copies of the UN/Gtmo reports. How good a shot is she? There are plenty gucci women who hunt, does she? Or a newbie at the sport (or rusty) and it was her gun that went off on Harry? The Swiss courier wouldn't have bank account info, would she?

Or do they leave all that up to the accountants in Houston?

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by solo32_98
Bush and his cronies have abandoned any pretense at good government. They're mendacious thieves working in the open, daring someone to oppose them. When they are opposed they take them down whether journalists like Dan Rather or politicians like Paul Wellstone. They are moral-less.

What a load! What kind of morality allows such a string of baseless, irresponsible statements. Are you Al Gore?

Mendacious - untruthful (let's not go near those WMDs!)

thieves - people who steal (presidential elections, maybe?)

moral-less - a nonexistent word that is perhaps standing in for "lacking in morals"

cronies - close friends or companions (like, say, off the top of my head, the VP?)

pretence - the act of pretending

So, when Bush said he was a "uniter, not a divider" was that pretence, or was he being mendacious?

Just asking...

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
You guys forget something, this isn't news, according to Fox news. Stop talking about this! So what if this lawyer was the first guy shot by a VP since Alexander Hamilton, so what if there was a cover up because Cheney was drunk as a skunk, this isn't news!!!!!

Who cares if Cheney and company say saturday but the guy shot says friday, obviously he didn't know that this wasn't news or else he wouldn't have said anything.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Capitol Hill Blue

A written report from Secret Service agents guarding Vice President Dick Cheney when he shot Texas lawyer Harry Whittington on a hunting outing two weeks ago says Cheney was "clearly inebriated" at the time of the shooting.

Agents observed several members of the hunting party, including the Vice President, consuming alcohol before and during the hunting expedition, the report notes, and Cheney exhibited "visible signs" of impairment, including slurred speech and erratic actions, the report said.

According to those who have read the report and talked with others present at the outing, Cheney was drunk when he gunned down his friend and the day-and-a-half delay in allowing Texas law enforcement officials on the ranch where the shooting occurred gave all members of the hunting party time to sober up.

"This was a South Texas hunt," says one White House aide. "Of course there was drinking. There's always drinking. Lots of it."

Well I guess that Explains it.

It was a South Texas hunt - meaning Drinking, before and after; LOTS of it.

Probably some good ol' Whiskey, ey?

As the SS Agents said, Cheney exhibited - and I quote:

"Visible signs" of impairment, including slurred speech and erratic actions!

Could these Erratic Actions be responsible for the Shooting Accident?

Well, he said that he only Drunk a lil'...

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Capitol Hill Blue

"This was a South Texas hunt," says one White House aide. "Of course there was drinking. There's always drinking. Lots of it."

It was a South Texas hunt - meaning Drinking,

Well, that's alright then, but only so long as it was a South Texas hunt.

If they'd been on a Northern Wyoming hunt and there had been drinking I'm sure the news organisations would have taken a far dimmer view.

Where's Chuck Norris when you need him?

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
This is a response to Regenmacher.

Regenmacher tells me on page 11 that I "don't know what I am talking about". I said on page 10, in response to Souljah claim that Whittington was shot at 10 feet that there would be a dead Mr. Whittington and at 90 feet was plausible for that wound pattern.

Read this link. www.myscienceproject.org...

Regenmacher, I am skilled with a weapon, have a lot of trigger time and hang out with people that are just as skilled. We knew that this was just a hunting accident, nothing more.

Roper

Roper

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roper
Read this link. www.myscienceproject.org...

From your link:

When we examined the carcass, we were surprised to find that virtually all of the pellets were stopped from penetrating the pork skin by the fabric of the clothing.

Are we to assume then, that Whittington was not wearing a shirt? Else how could a pellet be lodged near enough to his heart to cause a heart attack??

These tests also discount the possibility that the center of the spray didn't even hit Whittington, but grazed close by his neck, and the pellets that DID make their way into him were the pellets further out from center.

Some media reported that Whittington was hit by 200 pellets,

That's not true. 200 is actually the maximum. Here's what they said:

Source
Hospital officials said they were not concerned about the six to 200 other pieces of birdshot that might still be lodged in his body.

So, if only 40-50 of the spray pellets 'caught him' and went through his 3 layers of clothing (which we never saw) they could have penetrated to his heart only at close range.

The other side of the story.

PS. I LOVE how they have the pants on the pig backwards so his tail sticks out the fly!

[edit on 26-2-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Roper:

Yes, but did you know he was drunk?

EDIT: BH, much better response than what I was willing to provide....

[edit on 26-2-2006 by loam]

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roper
I am skilled with a weapon, have a lot of trigger time and hang out with people that are just as skilled. We knew that this was just a hunting accident, nothing more.

Roper

Everyone has pretty much conceded that indeed, this was an unfortunate hunting accident, Roper, but it sure has unveiled some shady circumstances and unsavory hunting habits of the VP.

And although some would like to claim this a 'private' issue. Private merely means 'secret' when it involves anything the Veep happens to be participating in.

Sorry, that doesn't cut it. As a an elected official he's accountable to us, the people. You know damn well that this was a domestic junket and fundraiser all rolled into one. So how much 'gifting' was going on?

We have a right to know and the American people also have a right to know when business is being conducted, especially if it's under the influence and breaking the law.

THEN being stonewalled and covered-up by the very people entrusted to carry out the enforcement of those laws.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
I'm hardly out to crucify Cheney, and I certainly wouldn't call this anything other than an accident, but the bottom line is that he fired without being sure of his target.
With all respect for your opinions and your experience with weaponry as a Marine, Grady, 9 times out of 10, when somebody gets shot, the person who pulled the trigger has at least a share of the blame.

Unless this individual moved into a concealed position in the line of fire without giving the shooter any way of knowing it, and was shot without ever being seen, I think Cheney is partially to blame for this unfortunate mistake.

I would never pull the trigger before I had fully recognized everything in my line of fire, and if that means I'll never bag a single frigging quail, I'll hunt something bigger and less agile instead.

Of course people who shoot each other must stand beside one another, of course. It's typical news, cheney did a bad thing, and we don't know what went on. The man was drunk, the other guy was drunk, so we can all thank human incompetance. They lied to us and it was blown out of proportion but there's no way in heck are we going to find out what really happened. But when someone tries to find the absolute truth there's always someone there spreading there idealist ways. It was an accident i'll admit that, but cheney and the other guy is still at fault. Grady this isn't a personal attack but your not always right, i admire your pride, the marine's teach honor, and i'm sure honor isn't just about protecting one's homeland. But also honoring someone else's opinion. And honoring everthing you as an individual hold dear to yourself.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
It would have been really, really funny if the man Cheney shot had been Dan Quail.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
It would have been funnier if it had Kofi Annan and President Bush.

A-ha, ha!

But what the hell, he's got time.

[edit on 3/9/2006 by bodebliss]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Red Ryder BB gun......check !!!

Lucrative re-build contract landed before invasion and complete destruction of sovereign nation.......check !!!

Mistaking a republican judge for a bird......and blasting him in face at close range......

PRICELESS

But in all seriousness its a sad sad thing. Sorta parallels the whole republican algorithm dont ya think ???

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I'll be damned if there arent some future lawyers in this room. Good legal debate taking place in certain spots with good research done into the law codes. I'm overall impressed. Good work everyone.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   
malakiem, can you give me the number of the psychic that's teaching you telepathy? So far, I've failed Telepathy 101 three times and really need a tutor. It seems you've read the minds of both Cheney and his hunting partner, understood their motivations, and know where the flaw is in their motivations and actions, so I'm assuming you have a good psychic mentor.

Seriously, why was this non-story revived?

[edit on 3/10/06/10 by junglejake]

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join