It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Dick Cheney Accidentally Shoots Hunting Partner

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
This issue is dead. The victim will not file charges nor will anyone else who saw the incident. Cheney did not shoot his friend purposely and regardless of the endless speculation about ballistics, it was a very unfortunate accident for which both parties bear some responsibility. Cheney was the shooter so, naturally, he is the most accountable, but still, this is as far as this matter will go, regardless of what the administration haters might say. The Vice President is only human and he must be feeling pretty low about now, so how about a little empathy from the preachers of tolerance and empathy for a change. An accident this serious could have happened playing softball or touch football. It happens all the time.

You have voted GradyPhilpott for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

ok, this is a conspiracy board, but it is pretty lame to be trying to turn this into chappaquidick or deeley plaza. yes, cheney is arrogant and secretive, but grady put is best. its over. let it go. move on.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
GradyPhilpott:

Can you explain the two versions of the story Cheney told...one to the police....and another to Brit Hume & the American public?

Getting confused about the direction of his aim makes no sense to me.

[edit on 16-2-2006 by loam]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Look at that! A Bush Bot says the issue is dead... As dead as that Lawyer might be if he keeps having heart problems with the pellets from the shotgun from the man that SHOT HIM IN THE FACE!!!!!!!!!

Also, I would do the being shot by 28 gauge, but more 100 feet then 90, just to be safe, and wearing a hunting vest with other clothes underneath like a normal hunter, as the pellets I doubt would penetrate. Shotguns don't do well at range, hell, a friend of mine shot a guy in the face a couple months ago and less then a dozen pellets penetrated, from a 12 gauge, at about 40 feet. The rest tore holes in his clothes and left plenty of funny looking bruises, but was able to walk into the ambulance and out of the hospital no worse for wear. Of course my friend is still in jail for assault with deadly or something, but still, at 30 feet, with a 12 gauge, and the guy just has some funny looking scars.

The lawyer had to have been point blank range, sorry republicans, but you should know well enough the stopping power of a shotgun, close range you dead, any distance and you just piss a guy off enough to pull his cell phone out and call the police because you got shot in the face with a shotgun. Corss your fingers for my friend as it looks like 4 months minimum right now, maybe 6, but not to much as the guy again walked into the ambulence, and out of the hospital, after being shot in the face by a 12 gauge shotgun. Hell he is facing more time for shooting a gun in city limits then he is for actually shooting the guy. To bad bail is 50,000, miss him.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   

An accident this serious could have happened playing softball or touch football. It happens all the time.

That's right, I often left the field of play needing 200 pieces of metallic bird-shot removed from my face, chest and heart. Happens every day in softball and touch football. Those are pretty rough sports.

Good point Grady! I guess we can all go home properly chagrined for maligning this hero's character. We're really, really sorry Uncle Dick, and we hope you feel better real soon.

Ox

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   

An accident this serious could have happened playing softball or touch football. It happens all the time.

Wow.. I've NEVER heard anyone being shot in the face with a 28 gauge shotgun playing softball or touch football.. And this happens all the time? You'd think it would get more coverage.

Yes It's sarcasm.. Yes I'm laying it on thick.. Because that post was the most outrageous piece of crud I've ever read! But thanks for trying

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Jinx, you owe me a Coke.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   
C'mon guys, the News Network here. Discuss the topic, not each other.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
It is curious that the sheriff was not allowed to record the victims' voice-
it was "too raspy", nor could they obtain an affidavit. My guess is on Friday,
long after the press has gone for the weekend, poor Mr. Whittington will
have his final "heart attack".

Ox

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I'll give ya a coke the day Cheney is found guilty.. Not being rude or anything..

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
There will be drinks all around the day Cheney gets frog-marched out of the White House in 'cuffs.

I heard a blurb today on Air America that some chick was standing next to him as he fired the shot but disappeared. Not an alien abduction, more like a mistress that needed to disppear quickly. Shades of Monica II. Wouldn't it be GREAT to hammer the whiny neocons with that one.

Anybody hear about this mystery woman/witness?

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattlelaw
There will be drinks all around the day Cheney gets frog-marched out of the White House in 'cuffs.

I heard a blurb today on Air America that some chick was standing next to him as he fired the shot but disappeared. Not an alien abduction, more like a mistress that needed to disppear quickly. Shades of Monica II. Wouldn't it be GREAT to hammer the whiny neocons with that one.

Do you have a link for this info?

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Do you have a link for this info?

Like I said, it was on Air America - radio. No link. I'll check around for something though.

[edit on 16-2-2006 by seattlelaw]

Still looking but this is great from the Daily Show:

Stewart: Rob, obviously a very unfortunate situation. How is the vice president handling it?

Corddry: Jon, tonight the vice president is standing by his decision to shoot Harry Whittington. According to the best intelligence available, there were quail hidden in the brush. Everyone believed at the time there were quail in the brush. And while the quail turned out to be a 78-year-old man, even knowing that today, Mr. Cheney insists he still would have shot Mr. Whittington in the face. He believes the world is a better place for his spreading buckshot throughout the entire region of Mr. Whittington's face.

Stewart: But why, Rob? If he had known Mr. Whittington was not a bird, why would he still have shot him?

Corddry: Jon, in a post-9/11 world, the American people expect their leaders to be decisive. To not have shot his friend in the face would have sent a message to the quail that America is weak.

Stewart: That's horrible.

Corddry: Look, the mere fact that we're even talking about how the vice president drives up with his rich friends in cars to shoot farm-raised wingless quail-tards is letting the quail know "how" we're hunting them. I'm sure right now those birds are laughing at us in that little "covey" of theirs.

Stewart: I'm not sure birds can laugh, Rob.

Corddry: Well, whatever it is they do -- coo -- they're cooing at us right now, Jon, because here we are talking openly about our plans to hunt them. Jig is up. Quails one, America zero.

[edit on 16-2-2006 by seattlelaw]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I've been unable to find anything hard on the mistress angle. It's speculation derived largely from the fact of two men drinking and hunting with two women on a private 50,000 acre ranch in the boonies.

Anyway, what woman would willingly ...?

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I've been unable to find anything hard on the mistress angle. It's speculation derived largely from the fact of two men drinking and hunting with two women on a private 50,000 acre ranch in the boonies.

Anyway, what woman would willingly ...?

You can see where I'm coming from here. As a member that's registered as seattlelaw something more than speculation is needed.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Taking in consideration the secrecy of the Hunting Activities and the people involve, all lobbyist and lawyers I bet they were all doing business with our tax payer money and who knows it was some Mystery guess present.

All for the good cause.

But the third person that witnessed the hunting accident was U.S. Ambassador to Switzerland, Pamela Willeford.

[edit on 16-2-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   

That's right, I often left the field of play needing 200 pieces of metallic bird-shot removed from my face, chest and heart. Happens every day in softball and touch football. Those are pretty rough sports.

I used to know a man who took a softball to the head, played the rest of the game, then when home and died. This is the kind of incident to which I refer. Naturally, if you go hunting you are more likely to be hit by a lead projectile than a softball.

[edit on 2006/2/16 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   

o.p. by U812
it was a very unfortunate accident for which both parties bear some responsibility.

It still amazes me (but considering the source, not as much) that the victim is being assessed blame in this incident. Even VPDC has said it was all his fault, the first decent thing I've ever noticed him do. He probably felt forced to admit it was all his fault, or the NRA might ask him to give that fancy musket back.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ox
HowlrunnerIV..

I would just like to clear something up..

Just a quit edit.. It was a 28 gauge shotgun he got shot with, not a 12 gauge HowlrunnerIV, much smaller shot.

Ox,
Yes, I know the difference between a 410, a 28 gauge and a 12 gauge. The point here was that someone was saying at 30 yards (25 metres or thereabouts) a 12 gauge would do little more than irritate.

At 30 metres a 9mm parrabellum loses much of its accuracy, too. Are you going to stand in front a somebody with a Glock or a Browning and say, hey, I'm safe 'cause your pistol has lost its accuracy at this range?

Length of barrel has a hell of a lot to do with spread. Not all, I'll give you that, but a lot. If it didn't they wouldn't sell long-barreled shotguns, there would be no point.

But the point here was about the stated range of the shot and what we "experts" think of that statement given our experience and knowledge.

And the answer is "not much".

Which is also what we think of Dick's hunting abilities.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
It still amazes me (but considering the source, not as much) that the victim is being assessed blame in this incident.

You are being purposely obtuse. In these situations, it is incumbent upon everyone in a party to keep others informed of their whereabouts, not for the purpose of assigning blame, but for the purpose of staying alive. Not once has anyone said that the victim was solely at fault, only that he had moved to a position where he was not expected to be. That should not be too difficult for anyone who can type to understand.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I used to know a man who took a softball to the head, played the rest of the game, then when home and died. This is the kind of incident to which I refer. Naturally, if you go hunting you are more likely to be hit by a lead projectile than a softball.

[edit on 2006/2/16 by GradyPhilpott]

I dunno who the hell you hunt with Grady, but naturally I've never been hit by any kind of projectile when I've gone hunting.

That's because naturally we didn't fire at each other. Our targets were a lot smaller than we were and we didn't turn to shoot at them. They also didn't happen to be wearing jackets and hats in a nice shade of Abu Ghraib orange.

Unlike Softball, where you stand in the line of fire and the (not very) softball is belted in your direction as hard as the batter can manage.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join