It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney accidentally shoots man in hunting accident

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Man, I hate to be a nagger, but this one i close to home, and blow everyone's fun but I know someone whose realtive was shot in a hunting accident. At least this man is still alive, Hopefully he will get better soon.

Anyway, I must admit, the VP couldn't have "picked" a better time for this accident.

Hunting accidents are more usual than most ppl think, but for some reason they don't get much coverage.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
He's packing here to

evidence

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl
He's packing here to

evidence

where ?? all i can see is the belt under his fat stomach and the "pulpit" ??

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Look closer at the front of his belt.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   

you just want me to be peeking at the men's groin ...

shameless...*tsk,Tsk*

but i did pick... a gun's handle isnt that long ??? it seems to be a cable bending or somethign ?

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir

you just want me to be peeking at the men's groin ...

shameless...*tsk,Tsk*?

I'm sorry to lower the tone here ,maybe your right

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
When I heard this my first thought was the GOP have finally hammered out their plan for Social Security reform. Shoot all the elderly!

I guess this finally confirms the hypothesis "Guns and Republicans do not go together, in any situation!

Seriously, I'm glad the gentleman will be OK and Cheney will catch more grief than he should. Hunting is dangerous, bottom line. This is a perfect example of why I hunt alone. I once seen my dad shoot my grandfather's dog during a rabbit hunt, the dog survived just fine but never quite was the same dog hunting again. It's the just the odds I suppose. A lot of guns in a small area, somethings bound to happen sooner or later. Get ready Cheney your going to be the butt of a LOT of jokes.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Well, we can all learn from this. DONT GO HUNTING WITH CHENEY. I feel bad for the guy who got shot.

This incident will stick with Cheney for a long time.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Well if there is a Cheney/Kerry race in '08, as some have absurdly argued is possible, we now know that in terms of hunting, Kerry is the more skillful guy. To my knowledge, he hasn't shot anybody....

Source.

[edit on 12-2-2006 by loam]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I don't hunt, but I know enough about it that you have to have a clear target before you squeeze the trigger.

Hunting at an advanced age isn't a good idea either.

A friend at work went hunting with an elderly gentleman during deer season. The old guy let off a round and hollered for everyone else on the hunt. He was talking about the biggest dear he'd ever seen and they needed to track it. They followed the blood trail and finally came upon it. He'd shot somebodies Great Dane dog.

Wupy

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Hunting at an advanced age isn't a good idea either.

Not to mention Cheney's ticker... I could imagine a scenario where it might seize in mid squeeze...

I wonder if there will be a civil lawsuit?

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless

Got peppered? What were they shooting with? Excuse me, I know nothing about these things but if you are using ammo meant to pepper, then wouldn't that be to shoot at a flock? Why then would you pick out a single bird to aim at? Would this even be effective with ammo that "peppers" to aim at a single bird?

You pick out a single bird as your target, because firing willy-nilly into a flock will quite possibly injure one or more birds, and kill none. And that is considered cruel.

Good hunters don't want to leave an injured animal wandering to die a slow painful death.

One news report I heard stated that the lawyer had moved up behind Cheney to that spot, and the Veep was unaware he had done so.

I haven't hunted since an errant shot snapped a two-inch sapling about a foot above my head. And that was deer hunting, which uses something more powerful than birdshot.
Plus, soon after that time I became a family man, and my kids would never understand why I killed Bambi's mother or father.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Think about it, though. This guy has bragging rights about being shot by the Veep! That's worth something, don't you think? Sure, he's a bit old, but his kids and grand kids can talk about this, too. Hopefully, some of his kinfolk are Democrats. Man, the spin they could put on this!

You know, I can't believe nobody has thought of a good Bird in hand is better than one in the Bush joke.
I am really disappointed.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
What's really sad is that this incident will divert attention from the young people in Iraq that are being shot killed and maimed.

Yeah everybody will chuckle and make fun of Cheney while the serious business of fighting and dieing is left almost unnoticed.

Not by me!! Bring the troops home so they can go hunting and not be the hunted.

[edit on 12-2-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   
what if the shooting goes deeper than everyone thinks. what if it was done on purpose so to stir trouble for the vp and he will have to step down and another will become the vp.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
They were hunting, the old man came up behind him and caught some shot. Why is this a conspiracy? I am sure this guy will be fine and again the media is blowing this out of proportion.

Cheney hunts quite a bit, and anyone that does knows accidents happen. Target practice? neo-con conspriacy?you guys should be ashamed. Some poor old man was shot.

or Maybe he is the only one that knows the company who wired up WTC 1,2 and 7. Dun-Dun-Duuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh!!!!! (cue evil laughter) Next Cheney should use a 45....

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   
i think this is a conspircy the same way i thought that bill clinton so called cheating on his wife that the public hated at the time until... now they all love her. so yell he needed some other topic so here it is.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
What's really sad is that this incident will divert attention from the young people in Iraq that are being shot killed and maimed.

Yeah everybody will chuckle and make fun of Cheney while the serious business of fighting and dieing is left almost unnoticed.

Not by me!! Bring the troops home so they can go hunting and not be the hunted.

[edit on 12-2-2006 by whaaa]

That is true in a way. Kill some Canadians by accident. No one likes to talk about. Accidentally shoot someone in the buttocks? Hilarious!

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Chaney: "Woops, accidently shot an old buddy of mine, sorry my bad"

"Awww it's alright, everything's cool"

Chaney: "Wooops, accidently droped a nuke on UK"

"Awww it's alright, it was only an accident"

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Think about if he would have shot and killed George Bush Jr. What a weird situation that would have been huh? The VP accidently kills the president and takes his job.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join