It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney accidentally shoots man in hunting accident

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Originally posted by zerotime
Think about if he would have shot and killed George Bush Jr. What a weird situation that would have been huh? The VP accidently kills the president and takes his job.

Mister zerotime also used Mister President as a Joke about this Hunting Accident - why did he not get Warned?

Oh and nice try at tattling souljah, but what I said is not a joke. It was a straightforward statement and a "what if" situation - there is no punch line or laughing faces. I upset souljah yesterday by intelligently disagreeing with him in another thread so I guess he is looking for some payback now and any cheap shot attempt will work.

[edit on 14-2-2006 by zerotime]

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Zedd said:

That lawyer was about to blow the lid off the Pentagon 9/11 attack, which is why the Bush Admin wanted him silenced.

I was wondering who this Harry guy was, something is leading me to find out more about this.

Let's do it.

Conspiracy, maybe, almost seems like one.
So far finding nothing?

[edit on 14-2-2006 by Toadmund]

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
i searched for harry whittington and reptilians and pretty much came up blank. a lot of those republicans have a look to them that is scary. a lot of democrats too. maybe they waited to report on it for so long cause after being shot he reverted into his reptilian form.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Cheney hunting victim suffers minor heart attack

Harry Whittington, the man US Vice President Dick Cheney accidentally shot while hunting, suffered a minor heart attack after pieces of birdshot lodged in his heart, doctors said.

Doctors said there were no immediate fears for the life of the 78-year-old lawyer, who was accidentally shot by Cheney on Saturday during a hunting party.

A spokesman for the Christus Spohn Hospital Memorial in Corpus Christi, Texas, said the hospital was in contact with White House doctors.

Why are they in "contact" with White House doctors???

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
i found that strange as well. maybe the white house doctors that were at the scene of the shooting have information we don't know about.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Why are they in "contact" with White House doctors???

My guess would be to keep Cheney updated and to get their stories straight for an attempt at plausable deniability.

If Mr. Whittington dies from what is believed to be complications directly linked to Cheney's shot, it's a manslaughter charge at the minimum if the state, or family, choose to press charges. :shk:

Then we'd see just how "above the law" Cheney really is.

[edit on 2/14/06 by redmage]

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
How can you guys think there is some sort of conspiracy here? Isnt Cheney allowed to have a personal life, enjoy activities he enjoys doing. This is being blown out of proportion big time. Hunting accidents occur quite frequently. This lawyer was a good friend of Cheneys, and if they wanted him killed dont you think they could have had a plan that didnt involve the VP pulling the trigger himself?

As for the late reporting. If you shot one of your friends by accident while hunting would you be running to the press first or checking on your friend. There is a mutual hate between the media and Mr. Cheney. They hate Cheney because years ago he became fed up with them and just ignored them and is paying for it now. This was a matter between Cheney and one of his friends. How does it affect any of you personally in any way other then you getting a chance to bash the man? This is truely ridiculous, there is a terrible accident and you all play it for politics, something which it has nothing to do with.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Although I agree with you that you didn't threaten him, it is in violation of US law to threaten or speak of threatening the pres in any way. Apparently someone took what you said in that spirit. Even if it's a joke, it's against the law. It's a subject best steered completely clear of.

I guess you are Right.

I was out of Line with my Joke.

Well as someone who ISNT a US Citizen, im gonna support Souljah here, I don't think he was out of line at all, infact I found it absolutely hillarious, and exactly what I was thinking!

Would I ever shoot the president of the US? NO! Just because I wouldn't cry if he choked on another pretzel and droped dead dosen't mean i would personally harm him myself, or encourage anyone else to do so.

Besides, this was an 'shooting ACCIDENT' and his joke was simply playing on this accident, damn some people take it so seriously. The outrage his simple comment envoked truly highlights how blindsightedly patriotic some people can be. Because as souljah said, that WAS a threat.

I just heard about the heart attack on the news too.. not good for the poor guy himself, and its not looking good for Mr. Cheney either.

I do have to agree something bigger is going on here, why was there even an ATTEMPT to cover it up for so long? Surely they would have realised, this is gonna get out.. better as soon as we find out, than later. But hey

ZeddicusZulZorander, which lawyer are you refering to? I'm a bit confused, but I am inclined to agree something bigger is going on here. I'm not so sure it wasn't a hunting accident, but it seems to me that there was initially an attempt to keep this completely quiet at least.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I think he was liquored up when he shot the guy. I'm not complaining though, He shot a lawyer. Everybody should be yelling, "Nice shot Mr. Vice President!"

The alcohol issue is being discussed on another thread. Alcohol was involved and its being covered up. Law enforcement were not even allowed to talk to the VP until the next morning.

Something is seriously suspicious here, and i'm betting they were too drunk to be huntin'.

Wupy

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
The problem i have with this whole situation is that it took them 22 hours to notify the press. It doesn't take 22 hours to check up on your friend if you accidentaly shot him. The Press should have been told after a few hours and Cheney should have talked to law enforcment without delay or help from his secret service. Just because someone is the VP of the United States it doesn't entitle them to special treatment.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaVillen
The problem i have with this whole situation is that it took them 22 hours to notify the press. It doesn't take 22 hours to check up on your friend if you accidentaly shot him. The Press should have been told after a few hours and Cheney should have talked to law enforcment without delay or help from his secret service. Just because someone is the VP of the United States it doesn't entitle them to special treatment.

Lets not forget what Ted Kennedy did way back in 1969, was on his way home from a party, drinking and driving, car went off the bridge he fled the scene didn't contact police till the next day.

She died from apperent drowning, but no autopsy was performed (conspiricy ? family money help him out of a bid? ) so no official cause of death.

Here is were I got the info.

en.wikipedia.org...

Forth paragraph down titled " Chappaquiddick ".

At least Chenney was able to get his "friend" medical attention right away.

On a side not anybody catch the Daily Show report on the subject, helarious

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Here's an intresting article on Infowars about the penetrating capability of birdshot.
www.infowars.com...

According to official sources Cheney shot Whittington from about 30 yards, right? In the hospital doctors found pellets lodged in his heart, hence the heart attack, this kind of effect could only be acquired from close range (~3 yards) with birdshot pellets, because they lack effective penetrating capabilities.
Anyway, check the article and make up your own mind. This all sounds a bit fishy to me.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris
Isnt Cheney allowed to have a personal life?

The short answer: No.

It's comes with voluntarily accepting such a public office and is part of the "package deal".

Everything he does is subject to public scrutiny, and he knew that going into office.

If they wanted him killed dont you think they could have had a plan that didnt involve the VP pulling the trigger himself?

Valid point.

How does it affect any of you personally in any way?

No more than Clinton getting a "BJ" on the side, and we all know what happened with that story.

Although I do find his illegal hunting a bit disturbing, and anytime a politician is breaking any laws, no matter how "trivial" some people may view it, it should be brought to light.

Also, I feel that "just a warning" is out of line, if anything, politicians should be held responsible, and to a higher standard than the general public.

It's not like the fine would "break him".

[edit on 2/15/06 by redmage]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
bpletcj: Ted Kennedy was probably set up by the same people who killed his brothers. But lets get back on subject here. Cheney will be answering questions from a fox news reporter at 6pm. Why wouldn't he have a press conference and answer questions from other news agencies instead of just Fox. The interview will be taped at 2pm and won't be show till 6pm.. now thats weird. I guess it gives them 4 hours to edit anything they don't want leaked.

[edit on 15-2-2006 by DaVillen]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bpletcj

It was frigging great, my ribs were hurting.

Jon Stewart: "I'm joined now by our own vice-presidential firearms mishap analyst, Rob Corddry. Rob, obviously a very unfortunate situation. How is the vice president handling it?

Rob Corddry: "Jon, tonight the vice president is standing by his decision to shoot Harry Wittington. According to the best intelligence available, there were quail hidden in the brush. Everyone believed at the time there were quail in the brush.

"And while the quail turned out to be a 78-year-old man, even knowing that today, Mr. Cheney insists he still would have shot Mr. Whittington in the face. He believes the world is a better place for his spreading buckshot throughout the entire region of Mr. Whittington's face."

Jon Stewart: "But why, Rob? If he had known Mr. Whittington was not a bird, why would he still have shot him?"

Rob Corddry: "Jon, in a post-9-11 world, the American people expect their leaders to be decisive. To not have shot his friend in the face would have sent a message to the quail that America is weak."

Jon Stewart: "That's horrible."

Rob Corddry: "Look, the mere fact that we're even talking about how the vice president drives up with his rich friends in cars to shoot farm-raised wingless quail-tards is letting the quail know 'how' we're hunting them. I'm sure right now those birds are laughing at us in that little 'covey' of theirs.

Jon Stewart: "I'm not sure birds can laugh, Rob."

Rob Corddry: "Well, whatever it is they do … coo .. they're cooing at us right now, Jon, because here we are talking openly about our plans to hunt them. Jig is up. Quails one, America zero.

Jon Stewart: "Okay, well, on a purely human level, is the vice president at least sorry?"

Rob Corddry: "Jon, what difference does it make? The bullets are already in this man's face. Let's move forward across party lines as a people … to get him some sort of mask."

online.wsj.com...

And a good one from Leno....

"Cheney's defense is that he was aiming at a quail when he shot the guy. Which means that Cheney now has the worst aim of anyone in the White House since Bill Clinton."

[edit on 15-2-2006 by 27jd]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Good post Swearbear, it is hard to argue with the points made there.
Perhaps the situation is that Cheney did something stupider than shoot someone by accident at 30-40 yards away, and made an extremely embaressing mistake of shooting someone in very close proximity to him.
Which is now being covered up to avoid embaressment for the whitehouse.
I don't feel we can draw upon any other evidence at this time to suggest it goes deeper than this.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaVillen
bpletcj: Ted Kennedy was probably set up by the same people who killed his brothers. But lets get back on subject here. Cheney will be answering questions from a fox news reporter at 6pm. Why wouldn't he have a press conference and answer questions from other news agencies instead of just Fox. The interview will be taped at 2pm and won't be show till 6pm.. now thats weird. I guess it gives them 4 hours to edit anything they don't want leaked.

[edit on 15-2-2006 by DaVillen]

Ted didn't need anyone to set him up, he did a fine job of that himself, lets not taint the memories of a great presedent like JFK by making excuses for Ted.

And I was on topic, I was saying how lucky (half joking here) the guy was to be shoot by the VP as opposed to being in any kind of accident with the likes of a @** like Ted keneddy.

I must agree with you on the interview, it should have been a press conferance so he isn't getting to edit out the slip ups.

[edit on 15-2-2006 by bpletcj]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

It was frigging great, my ribs were hurting.

[edit on 15-2-2006 by 27jd]

I was almost in tears laughing when they showed th reenactment of the incident. That was the funniest thing I have seen on tv (next to South Park that is) in a long time.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 04:00 AM
link   
WEll have you heard about this phrase"what goes around comes around".I think bad times are comming for dick

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I was almost in tears laughing when they showed th reenactment of the incident. That was the funniest thing I have seen on tv (next to South Park that is) in a long time.

Yeah, where the guy got in the way of Duck Hunt, the whole thing was great. They have material for weeks now....

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join