It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney accidentally shoots man in hunting accident

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Although I agree with you that you didn't threaten him, it is in violation of US law to threaten or speak of threatening the pres in any way. Apparently someone took what you said in that spirit. Even if it's a joke, it's against the law. It's a subject best steered completely clear of.

I guess you are Right.

I was out of Line with my Joke.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
what a gigantic waste of time.

it was an accident

he probably gave the DC address for correspondence purposes, so his staffers can pay the fine or whatever

jeesh

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I know why this happened. Bush wants to prosecute everyone here for insulting VP Cheney with that newer law about insulting people without disclosing who the insultee is.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Although I agree with you that you didn't threaten him, it is in violation of US law to threaten or speak of threatening the pres in any way. Apparently someone took what you said in that spirit. Even if it's a joke, it's against the law. It's a subject best steered completely clear of.

I guess you are Right.

I was out of Line with my Joke.

Yup, even the indirect stuff can get you into trouble...

Best to avoid that even when in jest...

I was looking for this article, last night, using the search terms "Vice President Cheney / Residence / Security" :

Pilots Complain About Cheney's Airspace

It occurred to me that those terms could be misinterpreted too...

In today's climate, you have to be careful. I don't know about you, but I'm not very interested in having the FEDS pay me a visit... I'd rather read about them, at arms length, in the newspaper...

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime
Think about if he would have shot and killed George Bush Jr. What a weird situation that would have been huh? The VP accidently kills the president and takes his job.

Mister zerotime also used Mister President as a Joke about this Hunting Accident - why did he not get Warned?

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Originally posted by zerotime
Think about if he would have shot and killed George Bush Jr. What a weird situation that would have been huh? The VP accidently kills the president and takes his job.

Mister zerotime also used Mister President as a Joke about this Hunting Accident - why did he not get Warned?

give it up bro, no cpmparison between the two posts

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Souljah said:

Cheney should Go Hunting with Rummy and Condy the Next time.

And maybe take mister President along as well.

So, what did he say about the prez. being harmed? Maybe what he meant was that Condi, Rummy and George might be able to keep an eye on him for unsafe hunting practices?
I agree he needs supervision.

"Cheney, your doing a heck of a job, but can ya point that gun the other way?"

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Cheney was Hunting Illegally

No big deal. These guys don't have to obey the same laws as we do, anyway...

DALLAS - Vice President Dick Cheney was hunting illegally

Good point.

One more example of this irresponsible cheapskate showing his attitude of being "above the law".

It was reported this morning that he was issued a "warning" for the offense.

If anyone on this board went hunting illegally (without propper license), and accidentally shot someone, they'd be in "cuffs".

[edit on 2/14/06 by redmage]

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Harry Whittington has experienced an atrial fibrillation [minor heart attack] as a result of birdshot that is either lodged in/near the heart, or at least in close proximity causing an inflammatory reaction.

More coming at the moment from CNN Live.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Dead-Eye Dick

Yes, but I just learned that it's a fairly new requirement and they're issuing warnings to everyone who doesn't have it.

There's still something not right about all this. About the way it wasn't reported right away and Cheney still hasn't made a public statement. Something's fishy.

Katharine Armstrong said she did not coordinate with the vice president's office before calling the Corpus Christi paper. If Armstrong had not made the call, it is not clear when, if ever, the vice president's office would have told the public about the incident.
McCLELLAN: The vice president spoke with her directly, and they agreed that she would make it public.

EDIT:

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
Harry Whittington has experienced an atrial fibrillation [minor heart attack] as a result of birdshot that is either lodged in/near the heart, or at least in close proximity causing an inflammatory reaction.

OMG I hope he's ok!

[edit on 14-2-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
CNN Live interview: to add

There is a bb[birdshot] which is lodged either in the area of or in the heart muscle itself.

A female reporter queried as to how/why we were receiving reports of A-OK and doing fine just yesterday and now the reports that he has experienced an atrial fibrillation [silent/minor heart attack] and has birdshot embedded in the heart muscle, or at least in close proximity to.

Interview concluded @ 1:35 p.m. EST

At this point I would have to question the initial reports that he was "peppered" with birdshot, which brings to mind more superficial injuries.

Apparently the wounds were not as superficial as first reported.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
CNN Story

"Some of the bird shot appears to have moved and lodged into part of his heart ... in what we would say is a minor heart attack," said Peter Banko, administrator at Christus Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Memorial.
Vice President Dick Cheney arrives at the White House on Tuesday through a back gate.

[edit on 14-2-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Can Cheyney be prosecuted during his term as VP for manslaughter?

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Yes he can be prosecuted.

The guy is 78, I'm not optimistic but good luck to him.

Birdshot is flowing in his bloodstream, thats a bad sign.

*runs off to fetch Aaron Burr biography*

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
first the long delay in reporting it and now the long delay in reporting this "atrial fibrillation". they must be going nuts behind the scenes because something else is going on. a simple accident doesn't cause this sort of chaos. reminds me of the behind the scenes antics going on in the white house on 24 last night.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The story wouldn't have came out if the ranch owner didn't blab about it.

Conspiracy! Conspiracy!

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
That lawyer was about to blow the lid off the Pentagon 9/11 attack, which is why the Bush Admin wanted him silenced.

And Cheney didn't have the $7 stamp required on his hunting license, which if you have hunted...then you know is a decent fine. Cheney should have to pay that fine, maybe double for being a government member, and then he should do jail time since he certainly didn't have a license to hunt humans.

Impeachment and jail time.

If we could only link in Bush (just get the Congressional hearing going though) then we could finally get two birds with one shot. Excuse the pun.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I would not be surprised if Cheney himself ends up having a heart attack over this accidental shooting. It has to be incredibly stressful to know that your accident might end up killing a friend.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Is this a reflection of the current Bush adiminstration foreign policy?

Shoot first.....aim, fire, wonder what the hell your doing later.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
hahahaha i doubt they would use a .28 gauge shotgun with birdshot to silence cheney. maybe the shotgun was used as the overt weapon. something more insidious to come.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join