It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney accidentally shoots man in hunting accident

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Carville/Clinton in '08

Believe it.

Carville would tear you apart verbally, he wouldn't shoot you.
^^
Best Platform EVER.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Think about it, though. This guy has bragging rights about being shot by the Veep! That's worth something, don't you think?

How much do ya figure the BB's would fetch on EBay?

Another question that hasn't been asked: did the quail get away?

Somebody yelled "Quail!" and Cheney thought that they meant Dan Quayle and so he instinctively fired.

[edit on 13-2-2006 by jsobecky]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Cheney should Go Hunting with Rummy and Condy the Next time.

And maybe take mister President along as well.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Now what i'm wondering is this; Once the investigation is complete, will they release the video? You know there were camera's present. Even if they were just secret service video's. I'd bet dollars to donuts there is footage of this event.

But will it ever be released?

Wupy

Yes, Mr. Wupy, the video will be released !

However, as we have seen in the past, full motion video cameras are only able to produce 5 frames at a time. :shk:

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Do you think that Scooter Libby might be regretting his ratting out of Cheney about now.

Actually, Whaaa, according to an "Opinion" article on Yahoo there may be some questions regarding the true identity of Harry Whittington.

Bob Cesca: EXCLUSIVE: First Photo of Cheney Shooting Victim
A spokesman for the vice president identified the shooting victim as Harry Whittington, but sources close to the incident suggest "Harry Whittington" is a Secret Service code name for Cheney's indicted former chief of staff, I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby.

"Honestly, I didn't mean to shoot Scoot-- I mean, Harry Whittington," the vice president told reporters in "Mr. Whittington's" hospital recovery room.

(see article for more details)

"Scooter" may very well want to do just that ... Scoot along lil' Libby.

[edit on 2/13/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
what if the shooting goes deeper than everyone thinks. what if it was done on purpose so to stir trouble for the vp and he will have to step down and another will become the vp.

I think Cheney has enough trouble at hand to risk getting into more.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Man, you really know how to piss people off? Where do you get off threatening the president of the US. I mean, I am tired of seeing this bullS***. Why is it I read so often of threats and harm to the president? I can only hope the NSA monitors boards like this and someone does pay you a visit, because you deserve it.

It was a hunting accident,

www.chron.com...

and although rare, they occur. Case closed.

Carville/Clinton, wow, that would be a pretty powerful combo in a debate. I would pity anyone to go up against that.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71

Man, you really know how to piss people off? Where do you get off threatening the president of the US. I mean, I am tired of seeing this bullS***. Why is it I read so often of threats and harm to the president? I can only hope the NSA monitors boards like this and someone does pay you a visit, because you deserve it.

Yes, a hunting accident plain and simple. No, hunting accidents are not rare nor are they common occurences either. They just happen.

Now, while I am not a supporter of Souljah's views or comments, I do feel you have made some rather unjust ASSumptions regarding his/her comments. Yes, it was obviously sarcastic in nature, yet nowhere do I see any "threats" or damning statements supporting your claims of intent to harm the Pres, VP, or others.

If you wish to read[insert words] between the lines, so be it. An insuation, no matter how sarcastic, is a far cry from "threatening statements".

As for the NSA, perhaps Souljah could help locate their Bosnian office for assistance.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

Originally posted by whaaa
Do you think that Scooter Libby might be regretting his ratting out of Cheney about now.

Actually, Whaaa, according to an "Opinion" article on Yahoo there may be some questions regarding the true identity of Harry Whittington.

Bob Cesca: EXCLUSIVE: First Photo of Cheney Shooting Victim
A spokesman for the vice president identified the shooting victim as Harry Whittington, but sources close to the incident suggest "Harry Whittington" is a Secret Service code name for Cheney's indicted former chief of staff, I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby.

"Honestly, I didn't mean to shoot Scoot-- I mean, Harry Whittington," the vice president told reporters in "Mr. Whittington's" hospital recovery room.

(see article for more details)

"Scooter" may very well want to do just that ... Scoot along lil' Libby.

[edit on 2/13/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

is that link a parody ? The pics look very suspicious, and I find it hard to believe cheney was in the ambulance, or would be talking about leaks and him "surviving"

if cheney wanted someone dead, they'd be dead

[edit on 13-2-2006 by syrinx high priest]

[edit on 13-2-2006 by syrinx high priest]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
is that link a parody ?

Yes, I believe it is. It's a link to an "Opinion" story not a news article.

Apparently the writer is trying to intertwine the accident with the recent events surrounding the CIA-Playme leak, where Libby has named his superiors as the ones who approved the leak.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The hospital picture is fake. It's a joke. It IS Scooter Libby's picture in the bed!

Whittington:

From cnn

Libby:

From Huffington Post

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
thats what you get if you donate less than 6 figures to MR. Bush and his pack of losers

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   

They were hunting, the old man came up behind him and caught some shot. Why is this a conspiracy?

I've heard this excuse a few places but I have a question.

How do you shoot someone in the face, neck, and chest, who is behind you?

Was he resting the barrel back over his shoulder with the safety off?

[edit on 2/13/06 by redmage]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by redmage

They were hunting, the old man came up behind him and caught some shot. Why is this a conspiracy?

I've heard this excuse a few places but I have a question.

How do you shoot someone in the face, neck, and chest, who is behind you?

[edit on 2/13/06 by redmage]

because when you are quail hunting with bird shot, you move the gun as the birds move. you do no always shoot directly in front of yourself. he was most likley standing off to the side, and dick didn't expect him to be there, so when he was moving the gun around, he fired, and wassisname got hit.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
You are hunting quail, and you turn to the right to follow the birds that are flushed out, and if someone is in your peripheral vision, they may or may not be seen and hunting accidents can occur. It is the job of both parties. I could see Cheney charged with wreckless endagerment if there is a eager DA in the district.

However, As far as defending someone who thinks it would be funny if the president was shot, sarcastic or not, that is your own choice. However, in my opinion, that means you wish harm to the United States no matter how you try to explain it. That my friends is known as treason, otherwise known as disloyalty to ones country,if you are a citizen of the US.

en.wikipedia.org...

I feel that it is way off base to wish harm to anyone, especially in light of the fact some poor old man was shot for no other reason than not paying attention to his surroundings. The media is having a field day, plain and simple. It amazes me that some of you posters care so much about people half way around the world who hate you, yet feel it your obligation to wish harm to the current administration. pathetic.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Whittington probably jumped out of the bushes and yelled:
ALLAHU AKBAR!!

And that freaked Cheney right out!
What was he to do? Reaction kicked in.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Why is my Comment a THREAT to Mister president?

Did I Threat Him in any Way, Shape or Form, Sir?

It was a Sarcastic Joke - and I am sorry you have lost your sense of Humor.

I guess it is OKEY to say "NUKE MECCA!", but to make a Joke about mister president is off the Charts, ey?

And your Reaction Sir, WAS a THREAT.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Cheney was Hunting Illegally

No big deal. These guys don't have to obey the same laws as we do, anyway...

DALLAS - Vice President Dick Cheney was hunting illegally - without the required $7 stamp on his license for quail - when he accidentally shot one of his hunting partners, Texas Parks and Wildlife officials said Monday.

And so was Harry Whittington, 78, who was recovering Monday from a shotgun blast to the face, neck and chest.

I only hope no shot scratched the paint on the CAR they drove to the hunting platform! Needless to say, Jon Stewart did NOT disappoint!

Who are these people?

[edit on 14-2-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Did I Threat Him in any Way, Shape or Form, Sir?

Although I agree with you that you didn't threaten him, it is in violation of US law to threaten or speak of threatening the pres in any way. Apparently someone took what you said in that spirit. Even if it's a joke, it's against the law. It's a subject best steered completely clear of. You'll notice everyone else did, though I'm sure many thought of it. They don't have control of our thoughts... yet.

Kind of like joking about having a gun on an airplane. You can be thrown off a plane and perhaps even arrested for 'joking around' about that.

And your Reaction Sir, WAS a THREAT.

It's not against the law to threaten you.

[edit on 14-2-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I posted this in the ATSNN thread, I might as well post here as well:

I stumbled upon the actual police report found on the Smoking Gun Website.

Here is the relevant portion of the image:

Notice Cheney's address listed on the police report?

Read this:

Pilots Complain About Cheney's Airspace

WASHINGTON Nov 29, 2005 (AP)— The Federal Aviation Administration has imposed flight restrictions over Dick Cheney's new Maryland home, angering private pilots who say they can't fly overhead even when the vice president isn't around.

Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association spokesman Chris Dancy said Tuesday the FAA only imposes restrictions at Cheney's Jackson Hole, Wyo., home when he's there. He questioned the need to have the restrictions in place at all times over a home in Maryland, which has much more air traffic.

Cheney's new home is on the Chesapeake Bay in St. Michaels, Md., about 30 miles east of Washington. The restricted airspace has a radius of one nautical mile and was established Nov. 22.

Is it a crime to misrepresent your actual place of residence to a law enforcement officer?

Would I be given that option? If I shot somebody, could I provide a law enforcement officer a post office box address, or the address of my grandmother, in place of my actual physical residence?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join