It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Designing the ATS-1...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 03:45 AM
link   
i was bored but i don't know maybe? just a lil bit?

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I like the idea of a multi role Vtol with civilian and military capabilities, I agree with Planeguy lets get a concept in place and then I can organise the FTP setup and we can start working up design and performance stats.

I say we appoint 4 people to confirm mission role and go from there.

Please stick your hand up if this is you, I have my hand up

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by talon565
I like the idea of a multi role Vtol with civilian and military capabilities, I agree with Planeguy lets get a concept in place and then I can organise the FTP setup and we can start working up design and performance stats.

I say we appoint 4 people to confirm mission role and go from there.

Please stick your hand up if this is you, I have my hand up

I agree with you...

This is where we stand

After we have chosen the fighter "type". Our drawers (those who want to make the baselines) can start working on our prototype models. After we have chosen one type of fighters (heavy, medium, light), there is no turning back. The drawers may post pictures, and we will tell them what is good, and what is bad. Attention all drawers, all "prototypes" must have a name too. I came to think about PT-XX. The PT stands for Prototype, and XX for a number. We will start our "prototypeseries" from the number 2, because no plane can be the best (1). After this long list of fighters, we will vote again. This time of the final product. When we have decided what model it should be. Navyguy can make 3D modelds of it. The rest of us will devide ourselves in groups. One group will design the cockpit, an ohther the engine (not too complicated), a third maneuverability. We must also remember too count how much this plane would cost. And also top-speed etc etc...

Do you understand...??

Remember the voting isn't still over yet, we need to know about the class...

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 05:36 AM
link   
This I alrealdy posted a few months ago, but here it is once again...

[edit on 27-12-2005 by matej]

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I've been really bored too. Just like you boys.

I'm not really much into aircraft, so this is more like a normal fighter with a radar dish, extra fuel tanks and special paint to make it invisible to radars maybe.

[edit on 27-12-2005 by pennyforyourthoughts]

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Exellent pictures indeed...
But remeber to vote. That is one of the most important happenings at the moment. We need to know what kind of a fighter we want to build, before we build it... The designs are exellent, And in the voteing they will benamed PT-02, PT-03 (Matej) etc. etc.

[edit on 27-12-2005 by Figher Master FIN]

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
hey this stuff looks great, I take it we are working on a fghter interceptor this is OK but does it meet the needs of what an ATS aircraft would do?

Sure shoot down the odd UFO or launch a couple of hi yield weapons into the reptilian base, but is this all it can do?

What about search and rescue, troop and cilvilian transport combined with high speed multi weapons platform that can operate off land and carrier.

Based on the topics of the site, I think something you could arrive in covertly/cloaked, do some air to ground damage/ deploy or retrieve combat troops/cilvilians, and leave with the performance to fight your way out six guns a blazing - should also add the 2 barrel roles as I pull into a high G climb at close to supersonic speed and not spill my coffee.

Bob Hoover showed me this one!

Let me Know

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I vote that we build an Air Superiority Heavy Fighter. It will end up being expensive with all the new little toys we throw in there, and I'm currently working on the three view for a possible concept and I've teamedup with Jim to make the concept 3D(I hope he agrees).

Shattered OUT...

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Role: 1

Size: 3B

unmanned

Cheap

I had an idea about a small fast drone/ucav that is very cheap and can be launched in large numbers by even very small nations to provide a good air defence against larger airforces.This ucav is small and very fast and agile, with 2 small forward gunpods and with top and bottom 'popup' Metalstorm turrets for anti missle/fighter defence.

Id make the frame from a titanium/aluminium alloy and the panels from carbon -nanotude fibre. Combined with a good radar capable of tracking multiple targets and a parachute for when it runs out of fuel i think it could even the odds when faced with enemy helicopters and bombers.

Ahh yeah build em as an 'as is' unit all internal fuel tanks and radar, eccm, capable of being lauched from a larger aircraft or verticly with the optional DRONE THROWER (TM).

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Nice pictures...

We are not planning something that couldn't be made in reality... Just because it is named ATS-1, doesn't make it a UFO-killer... Let's just design an "ordinary" fighter, just like the one Majet made...

Shattered, do take your time, there is no hurry...

When you have made a pic, post it here!!!!

From here forward we are designing a heavy air-superiority fighter

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Still working on this baby.
I modified the body so maybe it could carry an apc or some soldiers underneath. (hollywood influence) and added some vtol, hover "stuff" to the top and the bottom.
rear landing gears should be on the tip of the wings which I bent down, I saw this on some plane I think. Also the rear engine can turn downwards like the new joint strike fighter.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Figher Master FIN
We are not planning something that couldn't be made in reality... Just because it is named ATS-1, doesn't make it a UFO-killer... Let's just design an "ordinary" fighter, just like the one Majet made...

Well, kinda makes it a bit mundane if you're just going to create a plane which looks almost no different from the designs today

Why don't you use some new cutting edge concepts, like a tailless configuration etc.

external image

Mod Edit: Image Size – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 27/12/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
external image

Ok, so I've worked on a new design, this is what I've got so far, I'll get the top view later cause well the top view doesn't fit on the page.

Anyways, I know it's a bit pixelized, I had to resize it from it's original image. But in case anyone was wondering where you can find the full size image of it, here is the link,
Link

Shattered OUT...

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
A configuration I’m playing with at the moment: (I asked the artist to draw it to look cool more than anything else)

A “switchblade” configuration with lift fan forward for S-STOL (Super-Short Take-Off and Landing) performance. (This is actually based on a general configuration the A.TT are looking at for a naval UCAV applications)

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by planeman

This one looks much like the intital drawings for Lockheed's X-35 project.
I refer to model C-160 of the X-35 project drawings below.

[edit on 12-27-2005 by intelgurl]

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I'am very proud of you, Those pictures seem exellent... keep up with the good work...

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
external image

Im sorry to say but that is MY choice , as its possibly the BEST choice for a multirole aircraft going.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
What choise, the only thing I can see is a grey box...

Check your url will you...

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Harlequin, the YF-23 is hardly a concept.

Shattered OUT...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join