It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Designing the ATS-1...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 02:44 AM
link   
After reviewing this thread and many of my past conceptual designs, I came up with a nice, stealthy fighter.

external image

Mod Edit: Image Size – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 29/12/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   
i'm not all that good with drawing or designing jets on the computer but here,i like this one,i used paint to do it

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 04:00 AM
link   
it would be nice if someone could like build off of it and put all the details like the other designs all the curves and stuff

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   
OK, only one day left to post your designs, tomorrow I'am gona make a new thread like planeman suggested... then we are going to vote and see what plane is the best...

All designers attention!!

Please send me a U2U about your planes. A bit what you think that it could be able to perform. I will then put it in the "voting thread"...

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   
ATS-1 Dragoon
By Northwolf Aviation Ltd.

Medium range multirole fighter
Tailles canard design... internal weapons bay

Larger images available at nwolf.busythumbs.com...
Program used is Solidworks 2004
If someone want's the SW part files U2U me..

PS. could all designers post the program you're using, just for curiosity?

[edit on 29-12-2005 by northwolf]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by planeman
For those amongst us more interested in less advanced ideas….

Really basic aerofoils with tandem cockpit and small jet engine mounted under the fuselage. that position, plus being 'pod' mounted, offers many advantages for a small jet aircraft but the problem surrounds FOD injestion, particularly from the forward undercarriage.

(this was also borrowed from the A.TT where it is the most basic configuration put forward for the “Sports jet” project, which is currently on a back burner).

Hmm, maybe that with two of those engines mounted over the wing? (one each side of the fuselage)

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by kilcoo316

Originally posted by planeman
For those amongst us more interested in less advanced ideas….

Really basic aerofoils with tandem cockpit and small jet engine mounted under the fuselage. that position, plus being 'pod' mounted, offers many advantages for a small jet aircraft but the problem surrounds FOD injestion, particularly from the forward undercarriage.

(this was also borrowed from the A.TT where it is the most basic configuration put forward for the “Sports jet” project, which is currently on a back burner).

Hmm, maybe that with two of those engines mounted over the wing? (one each side of the fuselage)
You must be physic, we already have that configuration drawn up:

Two engines are more maintenance, weight and complication than one though…

I really think these ‘basic’ ideas should be separated away. Maybe ATS-2 and leave ATS-1 as a popular super-fighter?
And another configuration, which looses the utility of pod mounted engines (the idea was that it allows various business jet class engines to be mounted with minimum airframe alteration) but solves the FOD problem is:

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
OK... This thread seems to go way over what I expected, and all that because of you...

Now, because some of you wanted a easier concept, that is what we are going to do. We are going to design two fighters/palnes. After this it should be pretty easy to choose in witch projcet you would like to work. If you want to go the realistic way, you will work with the BTS-1. (Note, this is not a plane that will be consulted in Below Top Secret Forums), and if you want to work with the superfighter you will go choose the ATS-1. Tomorrow I will start a new thread. "Voting of ATS planes". Here you will vote for the best BTS and the best ATS concept.

I would still like to remind all planedesigners who have not U2U me about their planes specifications Do it now...

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
maybe we don't have to decide what the fighter will do.
external image

I say multirole, so it can do whatever necessary, like ufo interception, recon and stuff.

[edit on 30/12/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Very nice planes indeed... I'am just wondering a bit about the one in the middle... What are those two big boxes under the wings...?? That sure can't be good if we think about the friction...???

BTW... Could you please U2U me a bit about your plane... Just so I can put it in the voting...

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Concept Role:Heavy, Long Range Air Superiority Fighter

Length:53 Feet
Width:36 Feet
Height:9 Feet

Engines:Two Pratt and Witney F-135-600's at above 40,000 lbs of thrust each
Performance:
Maximum Ceiling:80,000 Feet
Maximum Speed:Mach 2.2 Mach
Supercruise:Supercruise can be sustained anywhere from mach 1.2 to mach 1.4

Maximum Takeoff:approx. 82,000 lbs
Empty:32,500 lbs
Loaded:65,000 lbs

Range:2,250 nautical miles
Thrust/Weight:1.20

Armaments:
internal 1x 27mm Mauser cannon
internal 8x AIM-120C AMRAAM
Internal 4x AIM-9X Sidewinders
Bombs:4x External 500lbs JDAMs on 4 Hardpoints
External Fuel: 2 External Fuel tanks
6x External Hardpoints that can hold 3,500 lbs each
Internal Weapon's Bay Capacity:12,500 lbs

This is not a in no way shape or form a pure stealth aircraft, this aircraft has many limitations that prevent it from being so, only a few stealth features exist on this aircraft.

Inexpensive answer to an advanced, heavy air superiority fighter. Projected cost:37 million per unit

Will post possible configurations later.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Very nice Mad, I really like the long neck.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
^^^ Thanks but it's not really my work. The plane is fictional Mig-31 from the Clint Eastwood movie Firefox. If you haven't seen it, it's a great movie

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
cool idea but one question.
Will we ever build any of this?

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Lol, unless someone wants to build a model, then no.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TristanBW9456
cool idea but one question.
Will we ever build any of this?

Sure. We will get started as soon as I hit the Powerball for over $100 million. I was thinking thought that if we ever get something feasable worked out there is always the chance of building an R/C model of it.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I call this Concept 03 or Project "Sea Snake"

so far this is the top view of the aircraft, I haven't gotten around to the other views. Here is the Reference to the Numbers.

1)canopy
2)FSW Switchblad Wings
3)Flaps
4)elevators
5)Nav Beacon/ Taxi Beacon
6)Ailerons
7)Internal gun Cannon
8)Landing Beacons/Takeoff Beacons/Strobe Lights
9)Intake
10)3 Dimensional Thrust Vectoring Nozzels

external image

Shattered OUT...

[edit on 30/12/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
looks like a shortened switchblade

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
another 3d person here. (maya max)I also have space and ftp site avail if you guys need.
I can do animations if you need, with modeling. I am not an engineer though so Iwouldnt be to good with design, however did take a semester at embry riddle, and my father is in the industry so i could be of some help making the models. I hope.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join