It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of our own will be having a very stressful holiday season...

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr101Hazardous
Good Wishes WOS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am new here, but do know friends that have been thru what You are going thru. I will put You in my prayers.

There I go once more with hitting the quote and not the %&*#$ Edit key
You get 2 times with BEST WISHES from Me then WOS

[edit on 23-12-2005 by Mr101Hazardous]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Hope everything goes well, William.

Merry Christmas too

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Hi WOS,

Although I think I remember reading some of your posts, I can't say that I really know much about you. But, what I do know, are a few things.

For one, you are very luck to have SO to have made this very ....heartwrenching, sentimental...(for lack of possible better words) post in the first place to let the rest of the members know that one of us is hurting. Even more so, that he made us aware on this Eve of Christmas Eve.

Also, AFAIK, while diversified and often opinioniated, the ATS community is the most suppportive communities I have ever seen to exist either in Cyberspace, or in the physical world. Much less have I been honored enough to be a part of such a wonderful community.

With this many people pulling for you, and I believe that they really are. I know I am, and I can't really say that I know you. During your operation, you will have one of the strongest collective minds here, and all around you pulling for you to come through.

Best of luck, WOS

CyberKat

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
One of the only benefits of living "up island" is you are closer to the best hospitals and doctors there are. Know that not only are you in my prayers but your doctors are also - so they will be totally at their best when they are working on you.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
double post -- sorry.... but I do send out double the prayers anyway

[edit on 23-12-2005 by justme1640]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Cancer Surgery: God's Version Of A Lump Of Coal For Christmas

WOS, you know the deal far better than I do. What I know is it sucks, no matter how good a spin people may try to put on it.

Cancer sucks. It sucks like nothing else sucks -- as you already know so well.

Various relatives of mine have had various pieces of their innards cut out due to cancer (one of my uncles, for example, was a lucky recipient of a gastrostomy tube a few decades back -- the gourmet's choice
), and I'm unlikely to escape having my turn at the Wheel o' Cancer eventually.

However, I'm not afraid, because as it turns out, most of my relatives with cancer are still alive, and all of them without any detectable cancer remaining or noticeable infirmity. The stats are encouraging.

Another one of my uncles had a chunk of his face removed a few months ago thanks to cancer, and is enjoying the sublime delectation of follow-up radiation therapy (just in case they missed something microscopic) as I write this.

But despite how bad it sounds, they did a great job with the surgery and already you wouldn't know how bad it was by looking at him. Some scars, but surprisingly innocuous, and they're going to clean those up later.

And even though getting nuked makes him sicker than a dog, I'm confident he has emerged victorious.

Attitude

It sounds to me like you're in for more than any of my uncles went through, but it doesn't sound like you're dead yet.

I also get the distinct impression you aren't one to throw up your hands and say “screw it”, though I'm sure the temptation comes and goes, as it would for anyone in the same boat.

People no doubt have and will lay all kinds of sage advice and profound philosophy on you -- and of course, the worst of all, the “awwwww” and arched eyebrows of fawning sympathy.

You won't get that from me -- well, except for the philosophy part, maybe.

As I so aptly demonstrate time and again, I can't see the future, so I don't know how all this is going to play out.

However, my money is on you having more interesting stories to tell (and even wilder dreams) once you get past this latest round of medical adventures.

No matter what happens, know that wherever these adventures may lead, my heart goes with you.

It's not like you're new at this game. You know what you have to do.

Do it with style.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Best wishes WOS. I hope upon your recovery you grace us with your insight and thoughts soon.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
You will be in my prayers during this season, WOS.
I admire your courage and determination in tackling this enemy of humanity,
and appreciate your openness in sharing your experiences with us.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
William,

I am truly touched by this thread. Even though I don’t know you I admire you. I admire you because unlike yourself, most will never get the opportunity to be so grateful and appreciative of the life they live.

I will pray for you everyday.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
your in my prayers and may god bless you

blueangel

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
You'll be in my prayers!
Get well, you've got alot of people behind you and praying for you!
Best wishes and Best of luck!
Take care.

-UnterMir

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
You're in my thoughts as well old friend, I wish you the absolute best of luck dealing with this. I've seen how hard cancer can be to handle, but you are a very strong person and easily capable of crushing this illness.

I look forward to being able to catch back up with you when you are done with this operation...

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
WOS, i will say special prayers for your speedy recovery. Hang in, you will be alright. God Bless.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
WOS, you have my thoughts and prayers this holiday season. Best wishes on a speedy recovery.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I sincerely wish you the best of luck William…
I will keep you and your family in my prayers, and hope hear from you again soon.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
One lone candle in a church lit,
Flickering light for all to see,
Hope eternal, caught in one mans eye,
A complex image that forever is strong,
With this our prayers are always remembered,
Today our prayers are with you,
Today our prayers are forever changed,
From today our prayers include you.

Hurry back.

[edit on 23-12-2005 by simon_alex0327]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   
William, be strong......our prayers are with you. Best of luck.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Hey Slippy my prayers will be with you. Have a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year.

Peace and Love,

Connie

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
best wishes WOS
good luck and godspeed for your recovery

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   
WOS,

Best wishes on a quick healthy recovery, and many happy new years.

From the sounds of it, you're in good hands and doctors can do pretty amazing things when it comes to many types of cancer these days.

Also, congrats on the new position here.

I'm sure you'll do a great job and I'm looking forward to the many topics you'll be "bringing to the table".

[edit on 12/23/05 by redmage]

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join