It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 98
<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
I have read alot of this thread and the links provided. So Im a newbie to this topic, so please forgive me if I say something stupid....

Would they not have been space travelers before this war

Discussed 20 pages ago!
Basically, we can fight a war in space, but we arent a space-travelling race.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
SkepticOverlord brings up a very interesting possibility. If the SERPO Project was a GENUINE disinfo program carried out by the US Government back in the late 1960's it DOES seem plausible that the 2006 version of the US Government would be interested in keeping the techniques used to implement and execute the campaign under wraps.

Of all the possible explanations, I've found this theory to be bear the greatest indicia of being grounded in reality. It certainly makes sense that cold-war era intelligence agencies would have created plans for obfuscating the U.S. actual state of technological development; and the truly impossible to evaluate prospect of having alien technology would possibly have been thought to be an effective way of achieving this goal.

To be persuasive, it's likely that they created the entire story and packaged it in such an appealing manner, that any prying eyes would believe it to be the real thing -- consistent with S.O.'s suggestion that Anon may actually be reading from a fictitious script.

My "addition" to this thought, however, is that I don't think that the USG would need much of a disinformation campaign to make this story look like a hoax. I think the self-professed ufologists are doing a fine job of making a mockery of it all by themselves -- after all, I've been accused by being a secret-spooky-spy-guy by both sides of the Burisch camp now. Bill Ryan's been accused of being everything from David Icke to a software programmer in Georgia... and I'm half expecting that if we ever get postcards from Serpo, they'll be delivered by John Titor.

It makes me think that if any of the Serpo story IS true, that it will have been so properly "cultivated" by all involved that we'll be picking mushrooms off the carcass of this story in a few months time.

Yet, I still get the feeling that this "show" was written with a "twist" at the end. Pass the popcorn, please... I'm not leaving my seat until it's over

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
...they have completely written SERPO off as a hoax. Seems the plan is working.

The conditioning for such an event is definitely in place. You have Profit Yahweh and his uncanny ability to summon racist religious fanaticism from thin air. Then there's the mysterious Aussie Bloke and his mountain submarine. And we can't forget Nancy at zetatalk who has officially renamed "len's flare" to "planet x".

Writing Serpo off as a hoax is the most likely reaction given prior conditioning.

Originally posted by S.O.
Disclosure would likely reveal heavily guarded disinformation/counterintelligence techniques, or at least, open the gates to embarrassing questions.

Why even bring it up then? Why wouldn't they leave it buried? The site disclosing the information brought it up. It's like Friday the 13th part 5 (or whatever part it was). Where he just has to dig up Jason to make sure he's dead. Makes sense for a Jason plot but not a project to keep people from figuring out their old played out disinfo techniques.

[edit on 1/23/2006 by Arm Of Geddon]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Ok. no pictures yet. Is this information coming from the official documents? If so then where are they?

Scanner at Walmart: 20 dollars

Extra Hard Drive Space at Webhost: 10 dollars

Following thru with your website purpose: Priceless

(Serpo.org purpose: "The gradual release of confidential documents...")

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Profit Yahweh and his uncanny ability to summon racist religious fanaticism from thin air.

I haven't had much to laugh about lately, but that was a good one, thanks

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Why even bring it up then? Why wouldn't they leave it buried? The site disclosing the information brought it up. It's like Friday the 13th part 5 (or whatever part it was). Where he just has to dig up Jason to make sure he's dead. Makes sense for a Jason plot but not a project to keep people from figuring out their old played out disinfo techniques.

your, right. this is quite a question..."why, bring it up."
money,fame,glory? entertainment? there's so many questions as to why it could of been. but, none that will give you an answer. is it a psychological concept for people to make other people believe in their tales? so they feel a sense of worth? is it a narcicistic dream to have people bow before them? either represented by words on a screen or literally in front of you?
why would someone go through the trouble to make such a tale, if they're overly going to be doubted? and in the long-run, thought of as a crazy? especially by the General public? some people hold faith, so strong in things that don't exist.."that it doesn't matter"..and some people feed off that faith, because it doesn't matter. Bill'O reilly had a couple on his show last week. they claimed they had been abducted since youth, he asked them about proof then snively scoffed and did not ask any more questions with a grim smile on his face..a face of ignorance and tempered skepticism. but, he did not say they were fakes..he respected their faith..with no proof, no evidence. just faith. for most, thats not enough to treck through a story like serpo and "beleive" in it. but, is that what anon is asking us to do? Bill Ryan sure isn't asking us to.If this were disinformation, why would anon even post it? there is speculation...if he disinforming us? is he aware that it might be a cold-war act of deception? is he aware of us here at ats? there's so many questions. The bottom line here folks, is this should not be given faith or belief, but, the story is still here and even if it is fake. tt should be anaylized as any oridnary story is summerized to vast extent of care as any novel or peice of literature.

[edit on 23-1-2006 by waffleprime]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arm Of Geddon
Ok. no pictures yet. Is this information coming from the official documents? If so then where are they?

I know this thread is getting big, but please review the relevant portions and listen to the interview with Bill Ryan. Bill does not claim to have the photos, Anonymous does. Bill cannot post the photos until anonymous sends them to him, if he ever does.

I think it's consistent with both ideas -- that this is real and that this is someone unknowingly passing off a cold-war era disinformation campaign -- that Anonymous would have some obstacles to overcome, in order to get these pictures to an outside source (such as Victor Martinez, who has been his contact with the outside world).

Is anon a hoaxster that couldn't make good on his promise? Sure, that's a very reasonable possibility. But I think a number of us are of the opinion that a hoaxster would have been able to CGI something interesting to look at and, more importantly, been able to supply a stead-stream of material (it's not that hard to come up with another post, if you're making it all up... right?)

If anon is, as he purports, actually relaying information he believes to be true, because it is of official origin, then that would provide an explanation for why he is unable to (or has been to this point anyway) provide his promised photos.

Although I think opinions are justifiably varied as to what may or may not be the truth with respect to anon, I just wanted to clarify what Bill Ryan's (Serpo.org) role on all this has been.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arm Of Geddon
Why even bring it up then? Why wouldn't they leave it buried?

(Following the theory that Serpo is a 40-year old counterintelligence program.)

Two things come to mind:

1) Anonymous discovered some of the Serpo documents and is unaware that they outline a fiction developed for counterintelligence purposes. If you have any familiarity with "pulp" science fiction of the 1960's, the Serpo story fits right in. It reads like the poor-plot stories popular of that era. (Just like the Billy Meyer "UFO" photos show UFO's with a design sensibility of the era in which the photos were taken.)

2) Anonymous has a beef with someone from the DIA and fully intends that his actions will reveal their techniques of counterintelligence and fiction-building.

In both cases, the likely response would be a campaign to discredit both "anon" and Bill Ryan.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I must admit that I am becoming very concerned and disappointed in the lack of an update from Anonymous. It has been almost a month. Are we supposed to just wait and wait, until we are counting months instead of weeks? I'm going to have to move on to other things and always remember with fondness the disclosure that almost was. Thanks for the Tidbits, Anon. And a bit of advice for you! When you dangle the carrot in front of the horse, you eventually let the horse get the carrot, if you just jerk the carrot away, the horse won't follow after it again. Since I am now on Victors list, I will await any updates from that source but my instinct tells me the carrot is back in the bag for good.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Finally got around to reading the whole thing...

I think its BS.

Why would the Gov't cover up a successful program like this?
Do we really think that threats to religon would account for a coverup?
If its true, lets see the pics.

In the end its a very interesting STORY, just like John Titor, but just as fake.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I feel that serpo.org will not be updated anymore..

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Anonymous discovered some of the Serpo documents and is unaware that they outline a fiction developed for counterintelligence purposes. If you have any familiarity with "pulp" science fiction of the 1960's, the Serpo story fits right in. It reads like the poor-plot stories popular of that era. (Just like the Billy Meyer "UFO" photos show UFO's with a design sensibility of the era in which the photos were taken.)

In both cases, the likely response would be a campaign to discredit both "anon" and Bill Ryan.

I was going to ask the same question - why in the world would Anon even bring it up in the first case - but I like the theory SkepticOverlord put forth here... Either Anon believes the documents as though they are truth, not realizing they are counterintelligence - and actually thinks he is commencing disclosure regarding aliens - OR this whole thing is to resolve some vendetta against someone in the DIA, an effort to expose counter-intelligence measures...

Personally I lean toward the first opinion, that Anon is working from counterintel docs that he believes to be true - simply because I like to give people the benefit of the doubt.

What I'm afraid of is the fact that by now he quite possibly has realized his error in judgement - maybe someone has updated him on the fact that this is "made up" for counterintelligence....and now we'll never hear anything about it again, and never know the truth...

Before he wouldn't go more than 2 or 3 weeks without an update. Now we're a month with silence... However, like Centrist, I'm still sitting in my seat with my popcorn in my lap... Ain't gettin' up until the credits are rollin....

P.S. Shawnna - I've U2U'd you, please add me to the confirmed volunteer list! Thanks...

-rdube02

[edit on 23-1-2006 by rdube02]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
My issue is the way in which Anon went about pretending to release "confidential documents". I say pretending because they have yet to appear. Even the worst cloak and dagger missions will give the documents to more than one trusted individual in case something happens.

Let's say he now thinks they are old cointel and decides not to release them. At least show respect to your reader and tell Bill to post it.

It all doesn't add up. If I ever felt like releasing some confidential documents then I would certainly ensure that information was released all at once, virally across the internet. It's like attempted suicide. You either want to kill yourself or you just want attention.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
A few members have u2ued me regarding the creation of the master Serpo index of topics.

Work out amongst yourselves who is involved and come up with this on your own. If any ATS admin have direct input on this, it may be seen as an "official" ATS list of topics, rather than what you are talking about. I don't want to accidentally bias the result.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
We have a research team identified and finalized. Assignments are taking place and will be final tomorrow night. Research targeted for completion by end of this week. All info to be compiled by me this coming Saturday and then we want Bill Ryan to review/comment.

Final research team members include:

Centrist
Hal9000
Serpentime
Waffleprime
rdube02
sdrumrunner
Zep Tepi

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch

Originally posted by LDragonFire
I have read alot of this thread and the links provided. So Im a newbie to this topic, so please forgive me if I say something stupid....

Would they not have been space travelers before this war

Discussed 20 pages ago!
Basically, we can fight a war in space, but we arent a space-travelling race.

But what is the chance that we could relocate? They relocated thousands of years before they had there war.

Iteresting story, but most likely that is all it is.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Skeptic Overlord and Springer both have it right.

Project Serpo in scope and definition is not the "story of the EBEN's" like you have been reading.

Think of it more as a frame work with meaningless data within the framework.

Like building an access database and populating all the key fields with random words. The data has no value but the means to search and catagorize and manipulate the data is what is of value.

In the case of "project serpo" the Goverment is not building a database but rather using "certain techniques" to facilitate the absorption of erroneous data.

The real data that would be theoretically applied to the model that they are building would still (hopefully) remain top secret.

Like I said before thats why they check in on whats going on. If you suck out all the random data and just present the random data then it does not represent a threat or breach of security as it is just random data. However if you leak this data was given in this form to XYZ by means of this electronic process after which it was tracked and received by this XYZ person at which time another segment of the data was sent in two versions to XYZ1 and XYZ2 to see which was acted on... Something that gives away the process by which it was designed, then they would know they had a security breach.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
There is one aspect of this material as given that has not been discussed.

After listening again to Dr. Kaku on the Art Bell CoasttoCoastAM show again last night, then one must realize that accordingly to Dr. Heim's theory, also about the current guesses about gravitation, and especially concerning CERN -- well, anyway, it may involve parallel universes -- once again -- like someone else perhaps most people have heard about.

Anyway, I think Dr. Kaku said that around May of 2008, a satellite is being launched to find Earth-size planets around stars, and not what is currently being done, and that is only around Jupiter-sized planets.

Of course, if it does concern again those parallel universes, there is no way to prove any of this story (again like Titor) and whatever the theories about gravitation and its role of being the force more concerning parallel universes -- then again one would have to wait and see what happens when results come back from CERN, or from the Gravity Probes (like B) and Lisa, and that this story (Project Serpo) along with (you know who -- starts with a T and ends in 'or' and has 'it' in the middle) any such conjecture about this story in the end would involve those experiments and new knowledge along those lines. And quantum computers and parallel timelines and worldlines are just another theory because there is that 'Tau time' as quoted in the Comments Section of the webpages of Project Serpo, and again both stories right now to me would seem to indicate more of a discussion whether parallel worlds exist or not.

Anyway, if parallel worldlines did exist, and Dr. Kaku thinks that they all would be different, as in one cosmic ray hitting Hitler's mother, then Hitler probably would not have been born, then the only way due to Exact Uncertainty (which now has been proved mathematically) then the only Serpon(a)uts that came back here -- came back from a parallel universe, and there is no way to have had the same Serpon(a)uts that left this worldline come back to this worldline, and the Serpon(a)uts that did come back -- were not the original Astronauts that left!

Of course, this is all of a guessing game anyway right now, so that is all that this thread about Project Serpo can be!

Project Serpo can only be a story with a theory as what the scientists seem to think as of nowadays!

Anyway, there are many articles about all of this thinking, so I have no links to provide, but believe that all of it can be conjectured about and read about on the Internet, or through books published perhaps in the last couple of years!

That may leave as Dr. Brown may say -- Plasma, plasma, plasma!

Anway, dobblegangers of people from parallel universes is something that is not surmised by current thinking physicists, as the current theory is that if there are parallel universes and timelines, then everyone would be different, as the soap bubbles of universes continue to expand!

However, thinking that humans are again at the center of the Universe, has always been shown to be -- again false!

The only center to this Universe concerning our perception is that everything that we see in this Universe is light that has reached us from the Past!

Then one can get into the Holographic Universe, but still, I am not going to go with any 'mass hullucinations' about any of these so-called theories -- simply because -- it ain't a Type 1 Civilization, and it never can be proved until a particle accelerator could be built out in Space, and would cost more than the combined ecnomies of all the Countries that exist right now on Planet Earth!

Might as well have Star Trek again where money does not exist, and humans only work for the betterment of the human species, without all the power struggles of politices or fanatics seemingly intent on ending any real pursuit of knowledge. !~!~!~!~!

I know one thing, I am not Edward Witten, doing any math concerning M-10 or M-11 Theory or anything of the sort. Simply put, the only thing that could be done -- is more Sci-Fi Stories and again another "War of the Worlds" type atmosphere!

Before all this new knowledge comes into your computer room, the world could still -- self-destruct -- and again it may just be 'mission impossible'!

Keep smiling though, at the gasoline pump, or not!
This world may already be a mucking mess of muckings!

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Robertfenix, do you think this is an old disinfo program or a new one? They didn't have databases back in the 60's, which is where this was likely to originate. The theory is that Anon is using an old disinfo story that he believed was real. Not a recent program to gather intel.

edit: I think your saying something similar to what I said earlier about this was a story to use to test security or the integrity of new agents. They would come across this story and if they didn't leak the story, then they would pass the test. It could also be as SO said to intentionally leak it to the Soviets to make it look like we were collaborating with the Ebens and had a higher level of technology than we actually had.

[edit on 1/23/2006 by Hal9000]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I think that they did have databases back in the '60's as well as having those old IBM Mainframes still underground and a lot of them in a rather large room, because some people still work on them once in a while, and still maintain them -- as told by someone who worked on those old IBM mainframes. I am sure the military would still contain those rooms underground, as I am sure I read about all of that also, but again I have no link, but I do know that the person (not related to the military) stated as a professor in college that he did work on them, especially since they still contain financial and insurance records, and businesses see no need to upgrade those old records, and it be too expensive to update all of it, just to obtain one record on a tape, once in a while!

Too costly!

new topics

top topics

<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join