It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 97
<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Nice work, Hal.

I think you've given us a solid foundation, there.

If it would please everybody, I'll try to take a shot at the Theories section.

Originally posted by Hal9000

Theories:
* The story is true
* The story is a hoax
* The story is a disinformation program

...My Serpo poll may have been a first step in that direction, anyhow.

How might I help?

Serpentime

[edit on 22-1-2006 by Serpentime]

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
i've just listened to an art bell show dated 27 february 2005 about government diinformation programs with greg bishop and surprise guest richard doty. during the last 45 minutes doty mentions the ebens,the yellow book etc. very interesting listen; art bell or george noory whoever gets right up him(doty) they don't trust him . now was doty laying the groundwork for serpo then? don't forget this is the guy who drove paul bennewitz crazy with disinformation. apologies if this ground has already been covered i haven't got time to read 90 pages of posts.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Ok, here's who is CONFIRMED as a volunteer for the "Serpo Summary" so far:

Centrist
Serpentime
Hal9000
Waffleprime
sdrumrunner

Am waiting to hear back via U2U from rdube02 so he/she is not confirmed as yet. If you want to volunteer, please send me a U2U with your email address. I've compiled the outline with assignments to date but there's lots of topics still available!

And if you can't send U2U's yet - just post your interest in this thread and I'll contact you.

[edit on 22-1-2006 by Shawnna]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
has anyone got this book ? any clues or anything new in it re. serpo?

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Centrist, you should watch discovery channel more sometimes they solve mysteries like roswell there. a few weeks ago they did a show dedicated to the roswell site, flew a couple researchers there and guess what, they found a freiken weather baloon on the exact site, they touched it and analysed it and everything. they still dug up the whole site anyway with a tractor lookin for clues in the soil i slept through that from boredom because the researchers kept saying looks like it really was just an "ordinary weather balloon". case closed.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrowingConspiracy
Centrist, you should watch discovery channel more sometimes they solve mysteries like roswell there. a few weeks ago they did a show dedicated to the roswell site, flew a couple researchers there and guess what, they found a freiken weather baloon on the exact site, they touched it and analysed it and everything. they still dug up the whole site anyway with a tractor lookin for clues in the soil i slept through that from boredom because the researchers kept saying looks like it really was just an "ordinary weather balloon". case closed.

Sounds like a 'textbook' Discovery Channel Whitewash job, as usual.

Case Closed? ...and Im Jesus.

[edit on 23-1-2006 by Unplugged]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I have read alot of this thread and the links provided. So Im a newbie to this topic, so please forgive me if I say something stupid....

I found this information interesting:

The Eben civilization was estimated to be about 10,000 years old. They evolved from another planet, not on Serpo. The original home planet of the Ebens was threatened with extreme volcanic activity. The Ebens had to relocate to Serpo in order to protect their civilization. This occurred some 5,000 years ago.

Was there home planet in the same solar system where they live now? But then they say this:

The Ebens had a great interplanetary battle with another race about 3,000 years ago. The Ebens lost many thousands in their battle. The Ebens completely eliminated all of their enemies. The Ebens have never fought another war since. The Ebens have been space travelers for the past 2,000 years. The Ebens first visited Earth about 2,000 years ago.

Would they not have been space travelers before this war
And what caused such a war, was it because they relocated in the other aliens solar system? This seems to me, if this is true, it give reason to worry, what if they deside to relocate to Earth?? Or maybe these other aliens were the original inhabitants of Serpo???

Also at the time the space craft left Earth with the 12 humans, was there any reported ufo sightings in that area and time frame? And if we don't know the area, maybe reports of ufo's could give us a clue??

This story I agree is similar to the John Titor story in the way it has been presented, and recieved.
Very good topic

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I cant believe this is still going.

And going !

And goooooooooing.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 02:17 AM
link   
If this is a disinformation program I think it is doing a pretty good job at desensitizing and also stretching the boxes of many peoples minds. Either way I think it's a great project/story to get people thinking rationally about our universe.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Atleast the webbsite admin at serpo.org could open a forum there. And if he got the pic... why the *!"*#!*" is it taking 1000000 years ?

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by akabigfoot
"We have no idea what day it is, only that it is 2319"

Is that refering to the year 2319?

too much beer, obviously 24H clock. I'm gonna shut up now!!

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by exsmokingman
i've just listened to an art bell show dated 27 february 2005 about government diinformation programs with greg bishop and surprise guest richard doty.

Thanks, I will look that up. It was covered earlier and some of us have reservations about this project because of his indirect involvement for the same reasons you gave.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Why are stories or leaks such as this always and solely given to the fringe community? Why do the websites always look like crackpot FrontPage sites? Why the same M.O. every single time? It's following the same type of schedule too. Very slow release of information to garner the highest level of speculation by the audience.

We are now in the "promises of pictures" phase. Last posting on serpo was a month ago. The whole thing started 3½ months ago. If I were profiling this I would call a 'distraction hoax'. 3½ months is not the timeframe of normal humans out in the real world. It's the timeframe of a bloated organization of people stuck in some bunker mentality reality. Please update the field manual.

A little tidbit for all you conspiracy junkies (probably posted already but I'm not reading 97 pages). The name server for Serpo.org is NS0.PHASE8.NET. So this just might be phase 8 of the disclosure plan. If they do plan disclosure I'm sure hoaxes would be part of the buttering up phases.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by exsmokingman
has anyone got this book ? any clues or anything new in it re. serpo?

Hi ex,

If you follow the link below you can read Bill's own review of this book at Amazon.com.

www.amazon.com...

Best Wishes

J

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
looks like "anonymous"'s warp drive broke down before he could deliver those pictures...what a bummer

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   
My take on Serpo...

I've mentioned this before, and based on some current events (here an on other sites discussing Serpo), I'm of the opinion that Serpo is/was a counterintelligence effort of the mid-1960's by the DIA. The plan was to create secret documents that would be intentionally leaked as a means to fool our cold-war rivals into thinking we had access to an alien culture with advanced technology.

Looking at some of the advance information (especially form confirmed disinformationists like Rick Doty), there was some degree of leakage in the past related to this story/topic.

Based on this theory, if the full documentation is released under FOIA, it would likely reveal that "Project Serpo" was a disinformation effort, by an agency tasked with such efforts during the cold war. Disclosure would likely reveal heavily guarded disinformation/counterintelligence techniques, or at least, open the gates to embarrassing questions.

I'll have a bit more on this (as this "theory" continues to develop) in my next Skeptic Overview podcast. But if I'm correct, the next logical step to prevent further advancement of the Serpo story is to begin an aggressive effort to classify it has a complete hoax.

I know... this all seems odd coming form the "SkepticOverlord" doesn't it? I certainly could be wrong, but it is at least one explanation that fits all the currently known facts.

To be continued...

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Victor, or Bill do not have any pictures. they were informed that they would be getting the pictures "soon" but, they have not heard from anon since before the holidays. All the people Screaming "where's the beef" is quite Nostalgic to other ufo conspiracys don't you think? but, the people in charge of the site and information don't have no information to give plain and simple. if you'd kept tabs on the story to any extent it would be known very much so, just hold up for serpo compendium thingie majigger, and all the answers will be there.

[edit on 23-1-2006 by waffleprime]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Would they not have been space travelers before this war
And what caused such a war, was it because they relocated in the other aliens solar system?

We discussed earlier that Anon probably meant they were interstellar space travellers for 2,000 years, but had interplanetary capability longer.

Originally posted by Dulcimer
I cant believe this is still going.

It's the energizer thread.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
SkepticOverlord brings up a very interesting possibility. If the SERPO Project was a GENUINE disinfo program carried out by the US Government back in the late 1960's it DOES seem plausible that the 2006 version of the US Government would be interested in keeping the techniques used to implement and execute the campaign under wraps.

The BEST way to achieve that would be to discredit SERPO as a total hoax today. When one considers all the strange goings on surrounding this episode that certainly comes to the top of the "theory" pile pretty quickly.

It is my belief that someone, somewhere in our Government's dirty tricks department is certainly paying attention to and tossing spanners in this story and its dissemination.

I was just on another message board (I won't link to it because the majority of its content is racist crap) and they have completely written SERPO off as a hoax. Seems the plan is working.

Last week there was so much confusion over bizarre numbers in email headers and people looking at server pings very little time was spent on the actual SERPO core facts. Again, it sounds like a distraction is being played out in my opinion.

Look up a couple of posts for SkepticOverlord's review of this concept.

Springer...

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Very very, interesting indeed, I myself have ventured into other forums seeing other discussion about serpo also, other sites seem to have the lack of moderation as ats has, which is hiarchy of keeping the clay together here. but, most people tend to swear and troll each other into a giant cesspool of anger and resentment where even mentioning e.t. (the motion picture) would lead to deaths of plenty'o virgin hardrives. but, yes it does seem a different kind of seed has been planted to fuel the need to "see more" from this story causing an outcry of flame-exhaling hoax bashing and a exponential growth of tirey's from serpo. but, if titor could hold on to his boots and still clamor around and anon with no time-machine pictures means he's a hoax. I guess, I better add the wizard of oz to my war-weapons list!

new topics

top topics

<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join