It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Paris Riots Spread To Twenty Suburbs

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Muaddib,

I see you have a Problem with Islam too - along with others here.

I don't have a problem with Islamic moderates who do not resort to violence, and who do not use Sharia law as an excuse to rape women.

The problem that i have is with Islamic extremism and the excuses that some people keep giving trying to justify these riots. Both which seem to be very prevalent in today's world.

You are trying REALLY hard to make everything look like its their fault.

I see, so it is the fault of the French government, and the women in France and other countries because they don't abide by the extremist views of Sharia law these kids seem to have learned from their parents?

I guess it is the fault of the women for being raped, they deserve it right?...because they are not wearing hijabs and are wearing provocative clothes, like showing a bit of their legs.......right Souljah?...

They live in France, which has a Motto called:

Freedom, Equality, Brotherhood.

Hmmmm, I FAIL to see any of those THREE in Effect in the Ghettos that the French Society Created.

Did the French society create those ghettos? or did the immigrants create those ghettos because of their views?

These Suburbs are actually Ethnic Ghettos, much like Jews were confined to a special place in the City and kep there across Europe in the Old Days, remember?

You have got to be kidding.... Souljah.... the Jewish people were kept by force in ghettos and even they were shot at for sport by the NAZIS... These people are not forced to stay there. In fact there have been some families who have left those ghettos because their daughters keep being raped all the time by those youths you are trying to protect.

EQUALITY?

The "North African" male candidate received five times fewer invitations than his white counterpart. What Equality? Where?

There is prejudice everywhere Souljah, prejudice is no excuse to incite violent riots or to commit the crimes that have been happening in those ghettos for over 30 years.....

Want Jobs? Equal Opportunites? Well, YOU can't get it.

So, you should burn a bus with people inside because you can't get the job you want?..... They should be able to rape women because they can't get the job they want?....they should be able to throw rocks at a 13 month old child because they can't get a job?....

It is as if they are NOT livig in the Same Country, in the same Universe, in the Same City. They are Alienated and I am really amazed that these Riots did not happen Sooner then this.

People have a right to "protest" if their rights are being infringed. But that doesn't give them a right to "riot" or commit any crime they want.

Learned ANYTHING?

Who should be learning something here is you Souljah. These kids, or anyone else for that matter, don't have any right to rioting or committing the crimes that have been happening in those sections of France.

BTW, why is it that this is not happening only in France but other countries such as Denmark and Sweden?

Hmmmmm, what - this Declaration does not APPLY to Muslims?

It applies to Muslims that follow the laws of the land, but not to those that riot and resort to crimes.

They DO NOT have the same Public Dignites, Employments according to their Capacity?

Why Not, huh?

Does that still gives them the right to commit crimes and rape women all they want if these women are not following Sharia law, huh Souljah?

I have to admnit, you sure have collected a nice set of Articles to proove your speech and your anti-muslim agenda, which has been shown a number of times.

Don't hide behind PC Souljah, you are one of the strongest proponents in these forums to violence, and you always want to blame somebody else for the crimes people like these youths are committing.

You failed to MENTION THIS FACTS:

You will not convince me, or many other members that this gives a right to anyone to riot and commit violent crimes Souljah. These people have a right to "protest", but not a right to "riot, or commit crimes."

Sure NICE WAY to Treat Immgrants, ey?

Unfortunately there is prejudice in the world all over Souljah, i have seen it and I have experienced it, it still gives no right to "anyone" to riot or "commit violent crimes."

Everyone has a right to "peacefully protest." But because things are not easy for these kids, and because the police is being tough on them because of the crimes they commit, doesn't give them the right to commit more crimes.

ISLAM is NOT the ROOT of all EVIL, you know...

But Islamic extremism, and Sharia law are two of the causes of the evil in the world Souljah.

Why is it that these things are happening also in the countries these immigrants come from? Why is it that crimes like those in France are happening in other countries such as Denmark and Sweden? Is it really because of the laws of these countries? or is it because Islamic extremists don't want to assimilate into these countries, but for these countries to assimilate their views?

Let's see what is happening in Denmark that is not being reported by most english speaking media.

Denmark Moslem youth riots ignored while Paris is burning
By Judi McLeod
Friday, November 4, 2005

Is there a connection between the Moslem-led youth riots in France, and the ones taking place at the same time in Denmark?

The week of riots in poor neighbourhoods outside Paris, which has spread to 20 towns, has been well covered by the international media.

Not so for Århus, Denmark.

“Nothing of it has penetrated to the English-language sections of Danish media,” laments the Viking Observer.

The Observer took the trouble to translate into English the following from Danish Jyllands-Posten:“Rosenhoj Mall has several nights in a row been the scene of the worst riots in Århus for years. “This area belongs to us,” the youths proclaim. Sunday evening saw a new arson attack.

“Their words sound like a clear declaration of war on the Danish society. Police must stay out. The area belongs to immigrants.

“Four youths sit on a wall in Rosenhoj Mall Sunday afternoon, calling themselves spokesmen for the groups, that three nights in a row have ravaged and tried to burn down the restaurant and other stores.

“Around the parking lot, cars with youngsters from the immigrant community are swarming, and many are walking around, greeting each other with a sense of victory after the worst riots in Århus for years.

“Every night 30-40 youths took part, especially immigrants.

“Only two were arrested, “That was a victory.

Excerpted from.
www.canadafreepress.com...

The original article can be found at the following site in Danish.
www.jp.dk...:aid=3354408/

[edit on 8-11-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Muaddib, enjoy my way above for this month.

DE

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by XyZeR

i rest my case, i've tried to make you see that your view of Islam and muslims is FUBAR, but instead of answering some of my valid questions on how you know 100% sure these are "muslim riots", you keep resorting to posting very hatefull and ignorant and plainly rascist statements.

Do a lot of Christians yell Allah Akhbar?
That's what the rioters in this video are yelling.

French-riots

I hope everyone here watches this video so you can stop the crap about how we don't know for sure if these are muslims.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
I hope everyone here watches this video so you can stop the crap about how we don't know for sure if these are muslims.

Is this footage from France or Iraq? Its tough to tell. Looks like they used the same party planners.

I personally think those of you whos job it is to make sure no one associates these violent events with Islam have been assigned mission impossible. I hope you're all getting hazard pay.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
what I find humorous is that they this a curfew is going to stop the rioting.......

eg
boy1: hey you coming out rioting tonight - lets go burn some cars and chuck stuff at the police?
boy2: no sorry I can't, theres a curfew in place, I dont want to 'get in trouble'

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
wow. The usual suspects:

Iran’s Association of Muslim Journalists (AMJ) issued a statement on Sunday:

“We suppose that the French government has carried out the recent discriminatory and anti-human rights acts under the influence of the Zionist lobby in France to limit the social and personal freedoms of the Muslims residing in the country, which is quite unacceptable on the part of a country that claims to be democratic,”

Iranian journalists call for probe into unrest in France

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Wow, so now the Zionist Jews tricked the Muslim "disaffected youths" into rioting...

That's sneaky! Tsk tsk tsk!

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep

Is this footage from France or Iraq? Its tough to tell. Looks like they used the same party planners.

It is from France, I can hear them speaking in French, although they also tell phrases in arabic like "allah akbhar."

I personally think those of you whos job it is to make sure no one associates these violent events with Islam have been assigned mission impossible. I hope you're all getting hazard pay.

We do have to wonder exactly why so many of these riots and crimes are coming from immigrants of Muslim countries, and even from 2nd and third generation young adults.

If it was happening just in one country it could be possible these riots are due to the politics of said country, but it is happening in several countries including those countries they originally come from.

I am not saying all Muslim people are like this, there are many good people who are Muslim, but Islamic extremism seems to be on the rise over the world for the past 30 years.

The bombers of London in July were all second generation Muslims that are/were Brittish citizens.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I just dont get it. How many times does a country have to be "taken" before they get it?

I'll say one thing for France, they sure do act like the Ganhdi of nations!

History proves that men of peace usually get taken apart. Should we even bother with a list? (Men of war usually go down the same way.)

So now the French have invoked a curfew.
As you can see, outside of Paris proper, it's effect is little to none.

The other night, when the police were shot at, France should have taken that as a serious warning. Obviously, they didnt.

They are making arrest and announcing curfews but nothing changes. Except that they will now under-report the situation so as not to fan the flames.

I think we are past the stage were any of that will matter. Give these curfews 72 hours and we'll know for sure if this will become a military operation.

The violence is down (so far) in the last two nights but I have a sinking feeling that the worst is yet to begin. I really do hope Im wrong.

France is a wallflower straight out of the 1970's and if their government deploys the military, I dont think it will go over well in the ENTIRE MUSLIM WORLD!
Further, the pro-war crowd will go into "ectasy."

I wonder how long it will be before Al Qeada says, "Good job, boys. We'll take it from here. And, ah, we'll need your assistance with something."

The next three days are hugh. Either this window of violence is going to close (hopefully) OR....the whole house is about to get blasted!

My guess is that Al Qeada will try something outside of France while we all stare at France like a deer in the headlights.

Whoops, that almost happened already. They got busted in Australia. No matter.

They recently threatened that if the US doesnt stop Operation Iron Curtain along the Syrian-Iraqi border, they are going to "shake the earth."

I wonder if we should dust off the prophecy books to see what the Frenchman Nostradamus has to say about Muslims and France.

Oh, and one more thing, everybody.

Have a nice day.

PS-Three nights from now is 11-11, November 11th. And France is 7 hours later then the time in the Central US time zone.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Tough to tell :shk: the interview at the end was clearly done by French Officials.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Tough to tell :shk: the interview at the end was clearly done by French Officials.

It is in France. You can hear them speaking in French, except when they say phrases like allah akbhar.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It would now appear some are trying to encourage/organize the Rioters and kindly note the fines and sentences possible, yet those convicted so far have only gotten approximately four months.

Pari s Prosecutors Eye Blogs Urging Riots

Paris prosecutors opened an inquiry Tuesday into two young bloggers who urged French youths to riot and revolt against the police, a judicial official said.

The youths, a 16-year-old French teen and an 18-year-old with Ghanian nationality, were detained Monday in the Paris region, said the official.

They were to be placed under investigation, a step short of formal charges, for inciting harm to people and property over the Internet, said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because French law bars the disclosure of information from ongoing inquiries. Conviction on the charge could carry a sentence of up to five years in prison and a $52,800 fine.

The blog, called "hardcore," was run by the 18-year-old, and the younger teen posted comments on it, the official said. A 14-year-old was also questioned Monday in the southern city of Aix-en-Provence and was released.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

It is in France. You can hear them speaking in French, except when they say phrases like allah akbhar.

I agree that is why I said it was clear it was done in France by the interview, it was Astro that questioned where the video came from not me.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I think we all miss the point if we fixate just on *MUSLIM* and forget to examine the real root of the problem that France is now facing.

I mean, if one considers the huge number of both legal and illegal immigrants that have come into the USA just within the past decade -- most notably Christian Mexicans -- and one also compares their wages and living conditions with that of 'average' Americans, then it's not too far a stretch of the imagination to see similar riots happening *HERE* if the US economy nosedives... and umemployment and inflation skyrocket.

Truth be told, France's problem is just around the corner for us, unless things change fast. Just think about all that hostility towards Bush/America that's coming from the southern hemisphere these days (and the rest of the world, for that matter)... it is only going to get worse (imho).

So whether Christian, Muslim, or whatever: living in poverty while being ignored by others who ---though well aware of your plight--- pretend you don't exist, or don't matter, is fuel for more Molotov cocktails for sure.

The war-machinists would love for us all to believe it's a Muslim thing, but it's not... it's really a people thing.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackholebrain
I think we all miss the point if we fixate just on *MUSLIM* and forget to examine the real root of the problem that France is now facing.

...So whether Christian, Muslim, or whatever: living in poverty while being ignored by others who ---though well aware of your plight--- pretend you don't exist, or don't matter, is fuel for more Molotov cocktails for sure.

The war-machinists would love for us all to believe it's a Muslim thing, but it's not... it's really a people thing.

I voted you way above for that one. Good job.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

The problem that i have is with Islamic extremism

Yes, radical Islam maybe is a part of the mix as well

BUT there is a remarkable huge difference:

This muslim youth in France today are NOT rioting as a sign of solidarity with the Palestinians (or with their "Iraqi brothers", etc.).

They are rioting in large part because they feel discriminated against, alienated, and cut out of that great French pie:

"liberte, egalite, fraternite"

- which belongs to democracy - and NOT to radical Islam

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riwka

They are rioting in large part because they feel discriminated against, alienated, and cut out of that great French pie:

"liberte, egalite, fraternite"

- which belongs to democracy - and NOT to radical Islam

Riwka, there has ever been a post of yours which I have agreed with but here it is.

I so hope more people can begin to see not every action taken by an 'Arabic' Youth, possibly Muslim, has nothing to do with 'Radical Islam'. There are more forces at work than faith and we need to see that.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I don't want this thread to continue in a back-and-forth tit for tat reply thread.

Given the subject matter and the intensity of feelings on it I feel I need to remind you that ATSNN is held to a higher standard. So please keep it civil.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riwka
wow. The usual suspects:

Iran’s Association of Muslim Journalists (AMJ) issued a statement on Sunday:

“We suppose that the French government has carried out the recent discriminatory and anti-human rights acts under the influence of the Zionist lobby in France to limit the social and personal freedoms of the Muslims residing in the country, which is quite unacceptable on the part of a country that claims to be democratic,”

Iranian journalists call for probe into unrest in France

I have a very simple cure that would make France, Germany and Iran all very happy.
Take all the unhappy Muslims who are rioting and dump them in Iran.
This way Iran can make sure they are treated right and taken care of as well as preserving the peace in effected countries.

Where as I make this suggestion -jokingly, maybe it should be offered to the rioters.
If you are unhappy here and want to leave, we will provide a one way ticket to Iran for you.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Why dont the French Authorities just round up ALL MUSLIMS and AFRICANS and ship them off to massive BARBED WIRE enclosed camps? Thats ALL of them!!!!! .... rioters ..... men, woman and children, There dogs and cats too!!!

Its one option.

....... waste em all!!! Trouble makers!!!

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join