It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Paris Riots Spread To Twenty Suburbs

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Muaddib, where does it say those things?

If you know as much about Islam as you seem to think you do, you'll know that many of the words for violence can also mean to seperate with. However, you'd have to speak Arabic to understand what they can also mean.

So, please show me where it O.Kes these things...

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
This is ridiculous.
They have suspended 8 police officers because a man in one the the riot areas suffered superficial bruises on his forehead and feet at the hands of two officers. The other six are being suspended because they witnessed it taking place.

BBC

Meanwhile, eight police officers have been suspended after a young man was beaten up in a Paris suburb.

Police said two of the eight were suspected of illegally hitting the man arrested in La Courneuve, one of the riot hotspots.

The other six officers are also being investigated as suspected witnesses to the incident on 7 November.

"A medical statement shows the man has superficial bruises on his forehead and his feet," a police statement said.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   
The riots are still going on.
It's been 15 nights so far and even though they say it's died down there are still hundreds of vehicles being burned every night.

thestate

The unrest has declined under state-of-emergency measures enacted Wednesday and a heavy police presence. The 15th consecutive night of violence saw fewer skirmishes and fewer cars burned - 463, down from 482 the previous night, police said.

"We have seen a continued drop beyond Paris, but persistence near the capital," said national police spokesman Patrick Hamon. "We cannot yet claim victory, the drop remains fragile."

[edit on 11-11-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Muaddib, where does it say those things?

If you know as much about Islam as you seem to think you do, you'll know that many of the words for violence can also mean to seperate with. However, you'd have to speak Arabic to understand what they can also mean.

Right, so I guess they are only trying to separate when they are using violence?

*BTW isn't Sharia something the intelligence of man is not supposed to be able to prove wrong? Using semantics trying to give other meanings to Sharia is in itself against Sharia.

Originally posted by Odium
So, please show me where it O.Kes these things...

So, which part exactly would you like me to show proof about?.....

[edit on 11-11-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Latest news is reporting that several members of the impoverished parts of France plan to demonstrate in Paris near the Eiffel Tower.

Securty is Tightened in Central Paris

PARIS - Forces tightened security in central Paris on Friday, stationing riot police and bomb squads along the Champs-Elysees as more than two weeks of arson and vandalism persisted near the French capital.

Frustrated residents of the impoverished, Parisian suburbs that have been the center of the unrest prepared to demonstrate near the Eiffel Tower, timing their protest to coincide with official military commemorations for Armistice Day, marking the end of World War I. Bomb squad police with dogs and metal-detecting wands screened spectators as a military parade processed down the famed Paris avenue.

"Today, we don't want an armistice — we want peace," national police chief Michel Gaudin said. "An armistice is a temporary halt. What we want is definitive peace for the suburbs."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This could get very interesting especially if the demonstrations turn into more riots.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Peaceful demonstrations are the way to go. It's good to see that people are realising that and I'm sure if they protest in the tourist destinations of France than the government will listen to them. The French don't like to look bad to the rest of the world and big demonstrations near the Eiffel tower will get results

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
This is from today's news article... Quite interesting, I feel bad for the girls here, and I would love to shine my shoe on these teenage boy's azzes.

Walking near a burned-out garbage bin, Ophelia's twin sister Sandra says the riots came as no surprise. Violence against and pressure on women is part of daily life in the suburbs, where boys can dictate how girls should dress.

"You have to behave like a guy and look like a guy. If you wear a skirt, you get into immediate trouble. You're a slut," says Sandra, wearing a baggy sweatshirt and jeans.

Sandra and her sister grew up in the nearby Clichy-sous-Bois suburb, where the riots broke out after the accidental death of two teenage boys on Oct. 27.

The violence spread across France, with young men venting deep anger about racism, unemployment and a bleak future.

But not many girls have taken part, and many say they are fed up with consecutive nights of violence.

Apart from poverty, feminists say the dominance of traditional cultures among families of Arab and black African origin, combined with the growing role of Islam in the suburbs, have contributed to the harsh treatment girls get there.

Pressure is mounting for Muslim women to wear veils. Forced marriages that snatch them from college and career -- where they do much better than their male schoolmates -- are on the rise.

The support group "Ni Putes, Ni Soumises" ("Neither Whores nor Submissives") says the number of forced marriages has risen in recent years, with roughly 70,000 girls pressured into unwanted relationships each year in France.

"MARRY THIS MAN!"

"There is so much violence in the suburbs because there is so much poverty here," said Ourdia Aibeche, who runs a soup kitchen in Saint Denis, a rundown suburb north of Paris where France's kings are buried.

"There is a saying: If there is no money in the house, there is war in the house," she said.

Netscape Article

African Muslim's and Islamic teenage boys... What a mix.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
France has now gone on a Riot Alert for the Holiday Weekend

France On Riot Alert for Holiday Weekend

France was on alert for a possible upsurge of violence as the country headed into a long holiday weekend, two weeks after rioting first broke out in a run-down suburb of Paris.

Exceptional security measures were taken for Armistice Day ceremonies attended by President Jacques Chirac in the capital, which passed off without incident under the watch of some 3,000 police officers on Friday.

Around 12,000 security officers were to remain mobilised around the country for the rest of the weekend amid fears of an upswing in arson attacks.

Levels of violence in poor city suburbs remained stable overnight, with 463 cars torched by rioters and 201 people arrested nationwide, figures almost identical to the previous night, national police said.

Looks like they are not going to take any chances, yet I still think they are not doing what is really needed by calling in their military to bolster the police.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Checking for current updates I came upon an article that says there may be increased planed attacks on the 12th (see full article for that paragraph)

Then I found three paragraphs that talked about the firebombing of a Mosque (those are the three paragraphs posted) I wonder if the mosque bombing is a copycat too make the youths look bad in the eyes of the public. Frankly I find it hard to believe they would bomb one of their own mosques and that concerns me.

French Police Step Up Security after Tips

In the south, an attacker threw two firebombs into a mosque during Friday prayers, causing minor damage. It was not immediately clear if the attack was linked to the wider unrest.

[..]

The mosque attack in the southern town of Carpentras drew immediate condemnation from Chirac and Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin. The attacker was pursued by two witnesses but escaped, the regional government said.

Although it was unclear if the mosque attack was linked to the rioting, far-right politicians have used the unrest to promote anti-immigration policies, arguing that French-born children of immigrants from France's former colonies in North and West Africa have been among the rioters.

[edit on 11/11/2005 by shots]

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   

In the south, an attacker threw two firebombs into a mosque during Friday prayers, causing minor damage. It was not immediately clear if the attack was linked to the wider unrest.

I guess the French are getting them back for those churches that were burned.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   

will not give in

do they really have a choice? I mean what do they plan on doing killing or arresting every single person? if it has spread to 20 suburbs then I think its abit out of their control now.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Another 502 vehicles burned last night in Paris and yet another school was attacked.

Reuters

Some 502 vehicles were set ablaze across France, compared to 463 the previous night, although there were fewer incidents of violence in the Paris suburbs, police said.

Youngsters attacked a primary school during the night in Savigny-Le-Temple southeast of Paris and destroyed its creche. About 30 people attacked a power transformer in Amiens, plunging the north of the town into darkness, police said.

Two shops in Rambouillet, a town southwest of Paris, were destroyed and police detained 206 people.

There doesn't seem to be any end in sight and the police still seem reluctant to use deadly force.

[edit on 12-11-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The French have officially surrendered to the criminals.
Geeeeeeeze ... the government managed to hang on for
two weeks before surrendering to the criminals.

The criminals are now being paid for their actions.

If you want less of something - tax it.
If you want more of something - subsidize it.
The criminal behavior has been subsidized and rewarded.

NOW THIS WILL HAPPEN AGAIN!

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Current News is confirming that blogs, text messaging, etc., have police worried and they have now banned protests in Paris while allowing protests in other areas. They also confirmed that the Eiffel Tower was indeed a planed target.

Poli ce Fan Out in Paris to Stem Attacks

Security was tightest in the French capital, were police were posted in suburban trains and at strategic points and all public gatherings considered risky were banned until Sunday morning. The ban followed calls for "violent actions" posted on numerous Internet blogs and in text messages on cell phones.

"This is not a rumor," said National Police Chief Michel Gaudin. The famed Eiffel Tower and Champs-Elysees boulevard were among potential targets, he told reporters Saturday. "I think one can easily imagine the places where we must be highly vigilant."

Paris police banned gatherings of "a nature that could provoke or encourage disorder" from 10 a.m. Saturday to 8 a.m. Sunday.

[...]

Peace marches were planned Saturday in Lyon and Toulouse. The anti-racism group known as MRAP planned a demonstration Saturday afternoon in Paris, at Saint-Michel, a Left Bank student haunt, to protest the state of emergency. MRAP said the demonstration was not forbidden despite the ban on meetings — limited to those deemed risky.

The sad part of this is it appears the French government will only allow those they want to protest:shk:

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
France is toast. They are fried.

The curfews have now been effect for 3 1/2 nights (on the first night, the curfews started at midnight
).

Although France has had some success is slowing down the situation, it still steams steadily forward. And within two months, all the kids in jail for rioting now will be getting out.

France doesnt have a clue what to do!

The solution to stopping the riots seems so simple. But the French prefer to do it the French way.

It is no longer France. Welcome to the birth of a new nation; New Isreal.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Genfinity
It is no longer France. Welcome to the birth of a new nation; New Isreal.

Not Israel, the Islamic republic of New Algeria.

Here's a map of Europe in the year 2015:

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I'm kind of partial to Vichystan as the new name for France.

[edit on 11/12/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Its going to be interesting to see how this will develope. By next week there will be no mention of the Churches being burned down . But I'm sure the mosque will get the Lime light quite substantially.

[edit on C:Satocu11e11 by Opus]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
That Map of Ace's is so surreal it actualy can scare ya, yet it does seem right on track considering the recent events in France.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
It seems they're still have trouble in Belgium but on a much smaller scale than France.

radionz.co.nz

Youths have set fire to 15 vehicles across Belgium in a fourth night of violence that authorities say imitates unrest in France.

Belgian Interior Minister Patrick Dewael says there have been about 50 incidents during the week but police patrols kept matters under control.

But Mr Dewael says there is an internet blog calling for acts of violence in the capital, Brussels, over the weekend.

Zaman

On Saturday, police took urgent measures in the capital of Belgium, Brussels, as arsons in different parts of the country continued Friday night.

The "Crisis Center," which was constituted by the Brussels government after the incidents in France leaped into Belgium last weekend, has revealed that a caravan and nine cars were set on fire; five containers and two trees were also torched in the city last night.

Nearly 10 cars are recorded to have been fired in the towns and cities outside the capital.

A group in Belgium called for a "joint revolt" on a web site, which asked "their members to gather in central Brussels and torch everything".

I'm surprised this isn't being covered better in other news sources.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join