It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demonic possion? Fate..Destiny

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I may be unfairly judging of course. But, the instance I am thinking of is where Vash said they told her she was hopeless and kicked her out of the church. I have seen it happen around here a few times, though, mainly in a southern baptist church. I sat with a very devout baptist friend, after she was ostracized by her pastor. Her son had committed suicide and they made her subsequent life in the church painful

So, I am sure that is not the only instance in the history of the church. People are people and not all make choices that God would be happy of. I just find it to be much worse in situations where people are on an edge of faith, or a downpoint. Just seems unusually cruel

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Tis it seems cruel fate as reached its ugly hand down open the teaming massices of the world and plcuked me lieka small babe from the cradle to bring me forht in to this world alone and unwashed of god and yet to walk the streets in the relisation of the evil that has grapsed all men and women by thin hearts..

And i step forward unto the world as what i am and accpet it with open arms

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I find it highly unfair to state there are evils in a church without representing the 95% of the good in the church. I can give you what that 5% of evil entails too - people's own selfish ambition, acts, and desires which is precisely what Christ was teaching against. As the saying goes, "we're all human". To those who are not familiar with the works of the church, it is not only there to provide spiritual guidance, fellowship, and worship, but also to the community. I can name a good number of people who were in need of aid who were given it whether physical, emotional or spiritual...myself included. The one I attend focuses specifically on pregnant teens with no place ot go, but certainly also has a "salt & light" ministry which is the collection of foods from members to give to the people in need in the inner city and surrounding areas. I'm sure a lot of us like to live the "woe is me" life, but I can assure you if you get involved in a Bible teaching church, you'll see the focus is not on themselves.

Missionary work is not only spreading God's word (although one's eternity is more important than a mere 70 +- years on earth), it is also into creating housing and community center construction projects, facilitating food & water supplies and just plain work. Feel free to ignore these things sitting in your cozy home behind a keyboard, but my impression from ATS was that we were supposed to be a group that "Denies Ignorance". Let's just see how well we do that.

[edit on 29-4-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Vash said:

Tis it seems cruel fate as reached its ugly hand down open the teaming massices of the world and plcuked me lieka small babe from the cradle to bring me forht in to this world alone and unwashed of god and yet to walk the streets in the relisation of the evil that has grapsed all men and women by thin hearts..

And i step forward unto the world as what i am and accpet it with open arms

i like what you said but you need to think about this.. we a are all so very old our souls that is.. we have all lived fo so many years btu throught past lives... we all have a great choice ot make in life to follow our destiny or 2 live life to societys standards... and i ask you this vash.. do you feel it is jsut you that is stepping forward and is it you that has jsut been picked outa the masses of the world... certian people have choosen there destiny in there past lives befor we where born... I am also stepping into this world with a destiny that i have accpeted in nd i also find it hard.... we there are few-many of us that have done this we have... choosen these pasts... some realzie it and some do not... i cans ee you haverealzied it nd so have i... and you no what vash we need to put extra effort in our lives.. we ahve to deal with so mcuh more then everyone else we have extra stress we ahve extra everything really.. but its worth it... in the end it will be worth it... i see you feel that you made this thread fo help but not only help but to find others liek yourself... but this is what i tell you. youve found others i am one of them there mabye a few more but this is the thing... they are not going to ahve experianced the same thing as you have we all experiance things diffrently in our lives... and this is what oit really is we need to shre what we know with others we all have our own tlnets our jobs tho is to share them with others or to share the wisdom with others...

Man can learn nothing except by going from the known to the unknown. that is wear the true wisdom lies....

and please god all of you stop friggen trying to convert vash with every post you leave i find it very annoying every psot realating to the same thing basically

mod edit to insert quote tags

[edit on 7-5-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ember_To_Inferno
and please god all of you stop friggen trying to convert vash with every post you leave i find it very annoying every psot realating to the same thing basically

HEY

What if i told you to take your reincarnation hog wash and flush it,where it belongs?

Your allowed to post like everyone one else here GET IT?.Try being respectful if you want to be respected or even taken half seriously.

We know and believe its Vashs answer to her problems is why we have posted to her.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 05:25 AM
link   
You all just confussed the heck out of me yes i sort of understnad what you said Embar

i was lookign for peopel liek me maybe hwo have exprinced things simalar to mine and lookign for help.

But i learend that i cant be helped you cant save your self if you dont want to be saved and well i dont want to be saved i just want people to talk to when things get ruff you know?

And to GPS777 i dont even knwo what that name means i can guess it is the location of where god is? he made earth and ever thign in 7 days blah blah i heard it all a thousand times he was a lazy and now he is sleeping what ever its ok i respect all realgion sorry just moddy today.

i wanted to thank Saintforgod, Balaams donkey even tho i no longer see him and DTOM, and all the others that have posted here on this topic and i whoudl liek to keep ever one informed no ia int gonan stop posting here no i aint leaveing i knwo it soudns liek it ..

Just saying thank you some people liek to hear it and well i am saying it so thank you all

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
vash i see what you mean you want peopel to talk to.. and this is what i see. i see a bunch of people lisening to you but all giving moainly the same awnsers and mos tof them are all relating to god... vash you need a freind to talk to about your issues not somone who is going to try to convert you at every change they get lol to te;ll you the truth ive read every singal one of your posts vash and im very intresting in the things you have to say considering you have only said so little..

the truth of this world is much stranger then any fiction created by man... and the bible was soemthing created by man so much of the truth has also been hidden.. so many things people dont understand about our worlds...

vash id enjoy talking to you on msn or soemthing to that effect.. would you mind adding me to msn/hotmail if you have it.... my msn account is [email protected] its up to you tho if you want to add me i jsut think getting to know you might be very intresting

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vash
And to GPS777 i dont even knwo what that name means i can guess it is the location of where god is? he made earth and ever thign in 7 days blah blah i heard it all a thousand times he was a lazy and now he is sleeping what ever its ok i respect all realgion sorry just moddy today.

Hi Vash

I gave an explaination a page back,only because a post you made had Pb777 and i was a bit confussed if you were refering to me or someone else.

So i gave an example of how it maybe easier for you to remember it.

I get moody as well Vash we all have good and bad days or moments,one reason i get moody is when sometimes i see people attack something/one for which i cannot see any good reason for the attack and sometimes i strike back.

I mean no offence however

The reason i posted originally to you is because i know it is an answer to your troubles also taking into account that everyones situation is different.I gave my beliefs and left it at that,take from it what you will and i wish you the best.

I then posted because of an attack on my and other Christians beliefs when we had not attacked anyone else`s as far as i can see.

All the best.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
I find it highly unfair to state there are evils in a church without representing the 95% of the good in the church. I can give you what that 5% of evil entails too - people's own selfish ambition, acts, and desires which is precisely what Christ was teaching against. As the saying goes, "we're all human".

[edit on 29-4-2006 by saint4God]

Saint, I respect your opinion very much, I do disagree with you though. There are MANY not nice people in the churches. Not most, but, it isn't 95% are good wonderful people from my experience. I think 80% are there for the standard reasons, want their kids brought up in the church, want to be seen at church, want to socialize at church ect; and so on.

In all honesty, it is rare I find *truly* GOOD people at church. I have found some seriously mean people there, leaders. It seems Vash encounted this type of church leader who shunned her, which started this spiral down

I can't think of something more evil than evicting someone from church. It is against ALL of God's teachings

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
hmm, interesting post - i think everyone is born with a demon, it all depends how you control that demon.

i'm not really religious and i'm STILL quite sceptical about angels/demons etc - but ive had and still have stuff in my life that is weird!!

just a few examples from the top of my head:-

1) when i was christaned as a child the vicor couldn't get my candle to light (aparently) - he did at the end though after many attempts.

2) ive wrote about this before, but i remember as a child i was laying in bed asleep and soon as i woke up (that second) - this face of a demon creature just appeared in the air (red/oringey mist surrounding it), it then said "go to sleep now steven" and the most evil laugh ive ever heard, it sounded like one of those laughing machines it was like "HA HA HA HA", contiuneus...all i can remember is i put my head under the blanket sheets real fast and closed my eyes, this laughing contuined for about 3/5 seconds after, but then it went.

i know for a FACT i wasn't dreaming though, but what it was/ment i don't know.

3) nitemares also as a youngester i had a lot, but this one occasion sticks in my mind (it wasn't a nitemare) but this angel type of creature, (very tall) best i can describe it is the film 'the never ending story' the (southern oracle), but it was blue.

www.geocities.com...

i was there looking up, and a voice was speaking - i don't know what it was saying, but at the end it said something and (i'm 24 now) but the last few words it said to me, involves something in my life now and the words was 'you will be discovered'.

at the time, i didn't know what discovered ment (i was only like 5) and i always remember asking my mum what it ment.

but i don't know if it was a 'warning' of some kind - but it always sticks in my mind.

3) my life now, as been more negative than posative - it seems not much really goes right for me, i've been/still plagued with negative things that happens to me (serious things aswell) i may have my own demon, i don't know.

but i have loads of other weird things to tell you about, but those are a few examples.

[edit on 3-5-2006 by st3ve_o]

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   

vash id enjoy talking to you on msn or soemthing to that effect.. would you mind adding me to msn/hotmail if you have it.... my msn account is [email protected] its up to you tho if you want to add me i jsut think getting to know you might be very intresting

I will think about it and respond in due time

Hi Vash

I gave an explaination a page back,only because a post you made had Pb777 and i was a bit confussed if you were refering to me or someone else.

Hi Gps777 yes i was talking to you and i missspelled your name i am sorry and thank you for the help

In all honesty, it is rare I find *truly* GOOD people at church. I have found some seriously mean people there, leaders. It seems Vash encounted this type of church leader who shunned her, which started this spiral down

Yes i did and he was a jerk of a man and a totly ass hole i cant belive that he came in to my home and asked me if i was mad at him for kicking me out and if i wanted to step out side and take a swing at him pFFt

3) my life now, as been more negative than posative - it seems not much really goes right for me, i've been/still plagued with negative things that happens to me (serious things aswell) i may have my own demon, i don't know.

I know exactly how this feels it seems ever bad thing hapens to me but some how i end up fixing it at the last momment with out doing any thing its so messed up how i can live so crapy yet have it so good *sigh*

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by llpoolej
There are MANY not nice people in the churches. Not most, but, it isn't 95% are good wonderful people from my experience. I think 80% are there for the standard reasons, want their kids brought up in the church, want to be seen at church, want to socialize at church ect; and so on.

You've illustrated my point very well. The problem is not the church, but with we as people sometimes are and do within it (yes that includes sinners like you and me). I think you're percentage is high but I can no more prove mine on a universal standard than you could yours. Again, the 5% I referred to as being the problem was some people's selfish ambition (as you have listed with it being a social club for some, etc.), not the actual works of the church itself. I did not say 95% of the people who go there are believers who know what they're doing and for good reason. Also I'd recommend finding another church if you're finding a widespread problem, they are not a majority of Bible teaching churches I've been to.

It is important for us to remember though that it's for neither of us to judge the hearts nor intents of other people, but rather look at what the church is and does. The church is the body of Christ. If a person goes to a building for a service and is not engaging in Christ, they are not part of the church. They're going to a masquerade party. You and I both will complain about masqueraders, but that has nothing to do with church itself and is not in the practice of turning people away...masquerader or not.

In all honesty, it is rare I find *truly* GOOD people at church.

"Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good—except God alone." - Mark 10:18

"Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good—except God alone." - Luke 18:19

So you're saying you're suprised that people aren't good? If so, why? Perhaps they should put a sign on the door "Good people only". Who then would be allowed to enter? According to the above, none of us that's for sure.

I have found some seriously mean people there, leaders. It seems Vash encounted this type of church leader who shunned her, which started this spiral down

The church is for you to be with God, worship, and hear His word, not a social club as you described. Vash trusted a person who let her down. At times this happens when you trust people, never when you trust God. Would you agree?

Vash, if I ever tell you to trust in me and that I can save you, then call me a liar (because that is what I'd be) and never listen to another word I say. Trust in God, He alone can save you.

I can't think of something more evil than evicting someone from church. It is against ALL of God's teachings

I agree that a person who is in accord with the church would not turn someone away. Why is anyone surprised that a church leader could make a mistake? I am surprised at Vash's reaction when he came over to make amends though.

[edit on 3-5-2006 by saint4God]

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I don't mind church as being a social club. There are worse clubs to belong to! I personally don't have many problems with any of the churches I have been to, but, I tend to not notice many things.

I do not judge the hearts of others, but, when I say "Good", I mean someone who is genuinely nice and concerned for others. Someone with an open heart. You don't find that much anywhere.

I had never been on the receiving end of this sort of behavior before the last ten years. I can't go into details, as this is a google searched forum. Maybe it is more particular to certain denominations. I have not seen the behavior in the Methodist church, but, I don't really know the leaders much.

Saint, I still stand by the feeling that it is a terrible evil for a church leader to turn someone away. To tell them they are hopeless and get out. I know how that would make me feel

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 05:29 AM
link   
*sigh* i just got in a yelling match wiht a freind of mine over realgion ...

I have my belifes and my freind has belifes as well and well there not the same so we fought not relaly punching kicking fight but yelling you wrong i am right sorta thing ...

You tend to think of Realgon differntly when you have seen frist hand things i have but of course half ht epople never belive me

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Vash, I can understand why your friend is yelling. What they are upset about is they see you falling into a trap, one that could ruin not only your life, but your forever.

I do not doubt you see what you see. I do worry about your interpretation, which is probably what your friend worries about

If you saw a good friend drinking themselves to death, or doing meth, would you not want to intervene to save their life? And how well do you think the person would take to the intervention?? I would say quite poorly

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   

If you saw a good friend drinking themselves to death, or doing meth, would you not want to intervene to save their life? And how well do you think the person would take to the intervention?? I would say quite poorly

what in the hell

Thats the worst example i have ever seen

For one my freind is aalitheist he dont belive in god or any thing he belive in men in women in Sicence and all it has to offer ..

Ina weak world where we have to use science to live and strive beucase ever one has forgoten how to use waht was givein to them a magical thing that they forgot how to use

He says Sicience has Proven that there is no god no hell no heaven no nothing..

Ok i asked him to give me a link hell give me a book that proves it i also said how can i make you belive my statments and what i know i cant prove them to you..

I knwo what i have seen and what you all dont know is how messed up this world is in there relgions therey all wrong ever singel one but i aint gonan sit here in a fighting yelling match with ever darn christin buddist etc etc realgion and fight it out ..

The point of the mater is i belive what i belive and i will die by it as the saying goes better to rule in hell then serve in heaven

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   

The point of the mater is i belive what i belive and i will die by it as the saying goes better to rule in hell then serve in heaven

My dear friend Vash, "ruling in hell" is not on the menu. Apologies for anyone who ever sold you on the idea that it is. Why would the devil allow anyone else but him to rule there? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, especially when you know what he's like. Any idea what he does for kicks?

Please be easy on llpoole, who is trying to help. Slapping hands away that are trying will only lead to further isolation.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Please be easy on llpoole, who is trying to help. Slapping hands away that are trying will only lead to further isolation.

I am sorry llpoole please forgive me for snaping

My dear friend Vash, "ruling in hell" is not on the menu. Apologies for anyone who ever sold you on the idea that it is. Why would the devil allow anyone else but him to rule there? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, especially when you know what he's like. Any idea what he does for kicks?

Yes i knwo the devil quite well i knwo what he does i knwo his job title and why he does it

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I am sorry llpoole please forgive me for snaping

Wow. You're more mature than most people I know. Thank you for this.
I have a hard time doing this myself sometimes and will try to follow your good example.

Yes i knwo the devil quite well i knwo what he does i knwo his job title and why he does it

Ah good. So you know there is no "ruling in hell" then. So, what else is on the menu for hell? Nothing that looks remotely tasty, "Check please".

[edit on 6-5-2006 by saint4God]

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Don't worry about yelling, I understand you are frustrated and didn't take it personally.

Science hasn't proven anything as to the existence of God(or not). Although, really faith is not provable. If you believe in demons and the devil, you really can't ignore the reality of God(and vice versa)

The saying you quoted it cool and edgy, but the reality wouldn't be nearly as so cool.

I know you are getting advice and into arguments over all of this. I still think my analogy above is pretty spot on and if you look at people's reasonings, you could see it. Even if you don't agree with the danger. Those that believe that one can lose their soul and end up in hell, find playing with demons even more dangerous that drugs. Losing your life is bad, losing your soul is tragic

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join