It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrails / EM

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
It takes quite a high temperature to affect the ability of a plane to take off, and we haven't seen that kind of temperature change. Nothing else in global warming would affect the military activities going on around the world.

umm, actually, you're wrong here. it doesnt take very much temperature change at all to effect length of take-off and climb rate. even a little cessna 150 will have quite a different take-off length at 50 degrees than it does at 80 degrees. there are small grass airports that i have no problem getting in and out of during the fall and winter months that i wouldnt dare try in the summer.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Yeah buddy, nothing like that cold dense air for perfect flight and lower stall speed.

The Navy though are the ones that are worried about it, they need those ice caps just the way they are.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Eh screw it.

[edit on 1/12/2006 by Zaphod58]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Can anyone post any scientific evidence that would support the claim that spraying contrails laced with chemicals (which chemicals?) would stop global warming? Any data? Any research papers? Any respected scientists opinions? Anything?

A military operation to save the ice-caps?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke
Can anyone post any scientific evidence that would support the claim that spraying contrails laced with chemicals (which chemicals?) would stop global warming? Any data? Any research papers? Any respected scientists opinions? Anything?

No, but I can produce evidence that it'd have the opposite effect: Jet contrails to be significant climate factor by 2050.

Contrails contribute towards GW by adding to the greenhouse effect and reflecting radiation back down to earth. So if 'chemtrails' are intended for climate control, then they're simply increasing global warming.....

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   
There was a study done after 9/11, and was ONLY possible after 9/11 because of the total lack of air travel that showed how much contrails and air traffic affects the environment. I'll try to find it sometime later on. It was disturbing, but interesting at the same time. There was a noticeable change in the atmosphere post 9/11 in those few days when there was no air traffic.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Here are a few snippets from various studies.

Air traffic and, therefore, contrails, are not evenly distributed around the globe. They are concentrated over parts of the United States and Europe, where local warming reaches up to 0.7 watts per square meter, or 35 times the global average. The ghostly white trails following airplanes and rockets through the sky, called contrails, are probably adding to global warming, according to scientists at NASA’s Langley Research Center, Hampton, Va. The contrails often turn into cirrus clouds, a thin, wispy type of cloud made of ice crystals. The most common form of high-level clouds are thin and often wispy cirrus clouds. Typically found at heights greater than 20,000 feet (6,000 meters), cirrus clouds are composed of ice crystals that originate from the
freezing of super cooled water droplets. Cirrus generally occur in fair weather and point in the direction of air movement at their elevation. While some clouds tend to help cool the globe and negate the affects of global warming, thin cirrus clouds are heat trappers, holding in more heat than they reflect back into space.

Contrails are human-induced clouds that only form at very high altitudes (usually above 8 km) where the air is extremely cold (less than -40°C). If the air is very dry, they do not form behind the plane. If the air is somewhat moist, a contrail will form immediately behind the aircraft and make a bright white line that lasts for a short while. Persistent contrails form immediately behind the airplane in very moist air. Persistent contrails can exist long after the airplane that made them has left the area. They can last for a few minutes or longer than a day. However, because they form at high altitudes where the winds are usually very strong, they will move away from the area where they were born. Persistent contrails are those most likely to affect climate.

www.solcomhouse.com...

A key consideration in this study is the proliferation of short-haul flights. These are currently thought to be more environmentally disruptive than long-haul flights because of the high quantity of fuel needed for take-off and landing. In a short haul, this is not balanced by a long, fuel-efficient cruise. However, contrail effects are not taken into account in current environmental risk assessments of air travel. The team are investigating whether the picture would change if they were. The reason is that short-haul flights seldom reach the altitude where contrails form and this might make them overall more environmentally friendly than high-flying long-haul flights.

As well as the seasonal variation in atmospheric conditions, which the team estimated would require a general ceiling on flight altitudes (summer: 31,000 feet, winter: 24,000 feet), they also found significant day to day variations, so any contrail reduction strategy would work better if it were reactive on a daily basis. They also found days when the atmospheric conditions made it almost impossible to avoid contrail formation.

www.epsrc.ac.uk...

* Air travel also has a disproportionate short-term effect on climate: Carbon dioxide has the same effects on the climate no matter when or where it is injected into the atmosphere. But other aircraft emissions—such as nitrogen oxides—have potent, climate-changing effects because of the elevation at which they are released. Over the short term, they more than double the effects of the CO2 alone (see endnote 1). Over time, these other pollutants disappear, but the carbon dioxide remains aloft capturing heat for decades.

* These short-term climate-altering effects of air travel are concentrated, along with the residents of affluent nations, in the mid-latitudes of the northern hemisphere, which includes the Pacific Northwest.

www.northwestwatch.org...

Air travel has the exact opposite effect than what has been said chemtrails are for. Contraois are releasing huge amounts of carbon dioxide which is making Global Warming worse. Even if there ARE chemtrails, and they ARE being used to cool things down, they aren't being spread in a wide enough area to compensate for regular air travel.

edits: trying to type and figure symbols out at 330am is probably not a good idea.

[edit on 1/13/2006 by Zaphod58]

[edit on 1/13/2006 by Zaphod58]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Thanks guys, really interesting stuff.

Sooo....it looks like the theory will have to be changed to "the military" are in fact trying to get rid of the polar ice caps and raise global sea levels to help with whatever nefarious plans they have in store for us all. Of course there is no evidence for this either, but that isn't a hindrence to some people.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I haven't read through this whole thread, so if this has been brought up already, apologies.

If you go to this page [note the .gov], and scroll down to the bottom, you will see, in black and white:

(B) Such terms include exotic weapons systems such as--

(i) electronic, psychotronic, or information weapons;

(ii) chemtrails;

(iii) high altitude ultra low frequency weapons systems;

(iv) plasma, electromagnetic, sonic, or ultrasonic weapons;

(v) laser weapons systems;

(vi) strategic, theater, tactical, or extraterrestrial weapons; and

(vii) chemical, biological, environmental, climate, or tectonic weapons.

I was always sceptical about "chem-trails" However, after seeing what I have posted above, I have started to think that it is not as whacked out as I previously thought.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion
I haven't read through this whole thread, so if this has been brought up already, apologies.

If you go to this page [note the .gov], and scroll down to the bottom, you will see, in black and white:

(B) Such terms include exotic weapons systems such as--

(i) electronic, psychotronic, or information weapons;

(ii) chemtrails;

(iii) high altitude ultra low frequency weapons systems;

(iv) plasma, electromagnetic, sonic, or ultrasonic weapons;

(v) laser weapons systems;

(vi) strategic, theater, tactical, or extraterrestrial weapons; and

(vii) chemical, biological, environmental, climate, or tectonic weapons.

I was always sceptical about "chem-trails" However, after seeing what I have posted above, I have started to think that it is not as whacked out as I previously thought.

Notice the list also includes extraterrestrial weapons. Do you really think there's a US missile base on the Moon? And what about plasma weapons? Or tectonic weapons? Surely the list is intended to be all-inclusive of all conceivable forms of weapon, not necessarily those currently, or in the near future, within our technological capabilities.

It does, admittedly, show that the term chemtrail exists outside of paranoid conspiracy theories. Although, it's equally possible that the conspiracy theories have, in fact, given the US military the idea of using chemtrails, which they would otherwise not have thought of!

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by EssanNotice the list also includes extraterrestrial weapons. Do you really think there's a US missile base on the Moon? And what about plasma weapons? Or tectonic weapons? Surely the list is intended to be all-inclusive of all conceivable forms of weapon, not necessarily those currently, or in the near future, within our technological capabilities.

Tectonic weapons have been thought about for a long, long time. Also, if it is possible to put cameras and com satelites in orbit, why not a weapon system? Did the russians not stick a machine gun on one of their space capsules? I know it's not a US missile base on the moon, but still an extraterrestrial weapon, no? There is absouletly no doubt, in my mind at least, that all the above are being researched/developed.

All I am saying is that here is proof that the whole chemtrail has thicker stronger roots than just a bunch of tin foil hat wearing conspiricy nuts.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Ah, the infamous bill from Dennis “the menace” Kucinich.

That bill is a classic example of what happens when you have a staff as wacky as you are and then you let them write your bills for you.

When questioned about the chemtrails reference (which was removed in subsequent drafts of the bill), Kucinich stated “I’m not into that. Understand me. When I found out that was in there, I said, 'Look, I'm not interested in going there.” source

Are you sure you want to cite that as an example the chemtrails are real?

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
A really cool areodynamic contrail photo.

From a plane that is hard to find flying anymore.

[edit on 16-1-2006 by HowardRoark]

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
More information for this thread..(please excuse my lack of explanation in regards as I have a very bad head cold)

US Patent 5,003,186
Stratospheric Welsbach seeding for reduction of global warming

The Hughes company is now owned by GM, Boeing, and Raytheon.
Both inventors are employees of Raytheon.
wwwxt.raytheon.com...

Another patent..
patft.uspto.gov... 673

www.guardian.co.uk...

www.sciencedaily.com...

www.esa.int...

books.nap.edu...
books.nap.edu...

lightwatcher.com... I posted this link soley based as a reference to other links that are worth the reading time for others highly interested in this thread title subject matter

Advanced Power Technologies, Inc. (APTI), a subsidiary of E-Systems, Inc., which is owned by Raytheon Corporation, designed and built HAARP

[edited first link as it was mucking with the page format -nygdan]

[edit on 18-1-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Are these a couple of chem-sprayers???

In color!

A Japanese Chem Plane over Siberia!!

[edit on 17-1-2006 by HowardRoark]

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Another awesome aerodynamic contrail

www.airliners.net...

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Well Howie those are some fine pictures of contrails.

They of course are not what has caused the sky to be changing.

Oh well, who knows what has been going on or why.

The ones you have shown though are vapour trails.

[edit on 18-1-2006 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
As was cited in several links, when you have enough moisture in the air, and the conditions are right, you get a persistant contrail. It's simply a contrail with more moisture behind it, so that it stays longer. THAT is what is causing the changing weather, and it's causing more WARMING than cooling.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

The ones you have shown though are vapour trails.

[edit on 18-1-2006 by LoneGunMan]

Perhaps you could be so kind as to post some pictures of "chemtrails", so that we may be able to tell the difference between them and ordinary contrails in the future? Or just a breakdown of what features to look for in a trail that marks it as being laced with chemicals?

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Hello Friends:
I don't know about electromanectics but I remember
when I was a kid (mid 1960's) seen what is now
know as chemtrails from large propeler aircraft. About
6 month later people started to become ill. The media blame
it in the mistirious chemtrails.
Several years later the U.S. admited of testing "Agent Orange"
here in Puerto Rico.

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join