It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Woman Jailed For Boiling Fluffy The Cat In Front Of Children

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Well you see, she was going to scratch the cat back, but since she regularly clips her nails she was unable to return the favor, so in the washing machine it goes! This should be a warning to all the rebel cats out there.

I don't know if that eye for an eye stuff applies to animals though. Otherwise we'd all go the way of cows and the like. Don't they eat cats in China btw?

[edit on 15-10-2008 by ghaleon12]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Gross.

In-thinkable.

Should have been given a lot more than 6 months in my opinion. Way more...

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Mayet

The bible does say and eye for and eye and this is one case it seems rather Apt.

How about we take the Christian approach and reject the Judaism approach?

Matthew 5:38-42

"38Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

39But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

40And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.

41And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.

42Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away."

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
it's sad to see the woman so DEFINITIVELY judged by posters on this thread, when they really have no idea what happened in the years leading up to the event, they have no idea what the kids think of their mom, they have no idea how the pharmaceutical industry plays a role, they have no idea the extent of stress in the woman's life.....

it was a cat. there are ZILLIONS of them. like lazarus said, the (worldwide collective) pound kills thousands of animals a day.

so, if this thread were the judge, the woman would be sent to jail.

and, then what happens to her kids? you KNOW for a FACT that they will be better off in the system than with thier hot-headed mother? 'cause, i know a mother/child bond is EXTREMELY strong. so, what would YOU rather have done, as one of her children? have her sent to jail, or have her be there for you?

my buddy told me they had rabbits in the garage in cages when he was a kid. they all had names, like 'fluffy', and they fed and petted them all summer.
one day mom came into the garage while they were in there, and grabbed a hammer and smashed them all in the head until they were dead. he was somewhat traumatised by the event, but, a life truism was taught that day. some animals are for food. and, because mama can kill, doesn't mean she is EVIL. and, life dies.

now, i know WE don't eat cats or dogs, but they ARE food if we decided to chow down on them(as they do in the east). zealot animal freaks kinda tick me off(da vinci included).

for bible lovers, it is said that EVERYTHING on earth is here for MAN.

anyway, to me, i think the health of the family is MUCH more important than "justice" for a dead cat. counseling, YES, ....jail, NO WAY.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by billybob]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by billybob

You're a master of the obvious I see, so pardon me for offering my 2 cents.

Yes, it was just a pathetic hairy cat.

Sadly, there are LAWS against killing cats, it's even CHILD ABUSE to make her children watch the cats torture and killing.

Sorry for raising my voice.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet

6 weeks? No stick her in a washing machine at 90 degrees celcius and see how she likes it. The bible does say and eye for and eye and this is one case it seems rather Apt.

This was done in front of children, What lesons is that projecting to the kids. What sort of role model is that.. Violence begets violence.

R.I.P Fluffy...

[edit on 18-10-2005 by Mayet]

hear hear!!! people like this make my blood boil. in fact its boiling right now and i am fighting back tears. How can people be so cruel. I dont support violence in any form but If i was there I would like to stick HER in that washing machine.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Don't bring straw man arguments of the Bible into this. Do you forget what Romans 13:1...

"Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God."

So, if there are laws against killing/torturing animals then the woman did wrong by the Bible.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
OMG this is such a horrible, horrible ... That poor kitty. How can anyone do such a thing?! And in front of her children?! I'm sorry I cannot say too much more because this is really upsetting.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

i wasn't replying to you, specifically. just to the jist of the replies.
the general mood is that of a lynchmob.
i dislike PETA militants and other animal rights activists.

i disagree it's child abuse. bad, scary parenting, yes, but child abuse, not in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   

man's laws are not god's laws.

line two.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by billybob

i wasn't replying to you, specifically. just to the jist of the replies.
the general mood is that of a lynchmob.
i dislike PETA militants and other animal rights activists.

i disagree it's child abuse. bad, scary parenting, yes, but child abuse, not in my opinion.

Psychological/mental abuse IS still abuse. Abuse doesn't just come in physical form.

You're wrong.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   

man's laws are not god's laws.

line two.

I never claimed they were.

Romans 13:1 tells us to obey our authorities, unless our authorities tell us to violate scripture.

This doesn't apply, there are no Bible verses condoning the torture and killing of household pets.

Therefore, the woman was sinning by violating the law of the land forbidding torture and killing of a household pet.

You're misrepresenting scripture, this woman wasn't killing "Fluffy" for dinner. She tortured and killed the cat in a violent manner, forced her kids to watch it, out of a fit of her rage.

She's a sicko, why are you defending this fruitcake mother?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
So this one time I was watching cable or satellite T.V. I think it was Discovery, or History, or Travel Channel, or something like that. Anyway, they were at some Asian country, and they showed how they cooked CAT. Yes, cooking little kittens, on T.V.

It was the most horrific thing I have ever seen. Let me explain...

What they do is, they have this type of hammer, looks like a cave man clubber. They hit the cat over the head and try to knock it out.... since they were doing it so fast, some cats did not get fully knocked out, that was the horrific part... Some cats were still somewhat conscious.

Then they throw the kittens straight into boiling water, and wait a few minutes. They do this so when they pull it out, the cat fur will just fall right off.....

Some kittens, still alive after that, are then gutted....

ALL OF THIS WAS ON TELEVISION!

[edit on 16-10-2008 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   

and, then what happens to her kids? you KNOW for a FACT that they will be better off in the system than with thier hot-headed mother? 'cause, i know a mother/child bond is EXTREMELY strong. so, what would YOU rather have done, as one of her children? have her sent to jail, or have her be there for you?

my buddy told me they had rabbits in the garage in cages when he was a kid. they all had names, like 'fluffy', and they fed and petted them all summer.
one day mom came into the garage while they were in there, and grabbed a hammer and smashed them all in the head until they were dead. he was somewhat traumatised by the event, but, a life truism was taught that day. some animals are for food. and, because mama can kill, doesn't mean she is EVIL. and, life dies.

now, i know WE don't eat cats or dogs, but they ARE food if we decided to chow down on them(as they do in the east). zealot animal freaks kinda tick me off(da vinci included).

I understand where you are coming from and yes we do sound like a 'lynch mob' but it pains me to even think of the sort of torture that cat was subjected to for ten minutes - to the extent that it broke off its own claws - our equivalent of fingers.

I agree that its an animal and not another human being but we as people should respect a life whether that belongs to a highly evolved animal such as us or something not so evolved i.e. a cat or a dog.

sure we dont know if the woman was a good mother or a bad mother or anything else about the woman. But would any decent human being put an animal of any type in a slow torture situation????? If your best friend tomorrow decided to induce a slow & painful death on a rat would you stand beside him and encourage the whole thing just because its 'his' rat and its his property so he can do whatever he feels like to it. I know i wouldn't. If we want to be technical about then yes, people can do whatever they like to their property. But it doesn't mean that we should.

As far a bond between a parent and child is concerned ... sure it is strong. But there are plenty of examples of where actions of parents are sp abhorrent that young children should not be in their care. I am not saying this as a hypothetical thing but citing an example from my own life. Although i had a close bond with my father, his actions were so 'evil' that I had to take steps to distance him from my life and from the lives of my younger siblings - so they dont grow up using him as an example of how life should be lived and other human beings / animals should be treated. I took those steps at the age of 17, that made me two years older than the 15 year old boy that was subjected to watching their pet cat die.

I agree that animal are food. nothing wrong with that statement. there is nothing wrong with killing animals for consumption either. - as long as it is not a slow death compounded by torture.

my 2 cents worth.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   

i'm merely defending her right to a fair trial, really.

i think you're angry, and not reading carefully. i never said she was going to eat it. that's not the point. the point i'm (trying to) make is, she didn't kill any HUMANS, and "cat murder" is not a universally accepted human 'truth'.

and, to be fair, i don't think there are any laws against torturing animals in the bible, either.

me, i think the bible was written by the illuminati/freemasons/elite controllers, anyway.

i personally love cats, but i love people more, and i know NOTHING about this woman, except she is susceptible to blind rage and has poor judgement. and, she was HONEST when asked. she didn't even KNOW it was a crime, or she would not have been so forthwith with the info.

i just feel her kids will suffer more than benefit from this. if you don't think separating a child from it's mother is child abuse, well, i disagree.

until i see more evidence, i personally won't take a stance on whether jailtime is justified or not.

i just don't like lynch mobs and biased prejudice hate.

like the people saying they would want to boil her.

a cat for a human is not an eye for an eye.

i've always been more of a turn the other cheek type.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Genisis 1:26

Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by billybob

Are there rules against animal cruelty in her home country? If so she violated the law.

If she made he children watch he fit of rage on a defenseless cat, then she is in fact guilty of child abuse. Psychological/mental abuse is more harmful sometimes than physical abuse.

And why do we need a "fair" trial? We have an admission of guilt. We also have two witnesses, I'm afraid at this point her trial is a formality.

And I think all modern versions of the Bible are junk, I like to call the NIV the "New Illuminati Version", so I chuckled when I read what u posted.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
Genisis 1:26

Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

I see your Genesis 1:26 and raise you a Romans 13:1.

Cherry picking is a logical fallacy.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by 04326

well, if the woman is abusing her children, then they should be separated.

however, she killed a cat, and YES it was horrific and i wouldn't want to be the poor little furball, BUT, the cat murder does not immediately equal 'bad mother', or 'abusive parent'.

thanks, allisone for the appropriate biblical verse.

and, for the record, 'cause i realise I might get lynched, soon, ....

i do not condone the torture or inhumane treatment of animals, or even hunting for sport. when i was 8, i was horrified because my friends were killing frogs at the pond. i killed one, to be part of the crowd, basically, and i felt bad for DAYS. no kidding. i don't like cruelty or pointless taking of ANY life.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join