It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Woman Jailed For Boiling Fluffy The Cat In Front Of Children

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13

I'm no expert on the subject, but isn't there more evidence to prove that a cat can suffer in such a situation, while a 2 month-old fetus doesn't feel the pain of being aborted?

I'm not an expert either but I can easily imagine that boiling a cat, cutting off limbs of an unborn baby or however death occurs is going to be painful. I used to always hear doctors say "don't worry, you won't feel a thing." I don't believe death by boiling or cutting up or sucking out the guts of the unborn is going to be pain free regardless of what some doctor might say. I believe living organisms develop nerves rather fast. Of course if someone is comparing cruelty to the unborn to an animal, I didn't think the pro-abortion people were even concerned about the pain they might inflict. I'm sure some doctor could say something to make them feel better. It would be nice if all life was treated with more respect and less cruelty.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Heaven forbid that one of those poor kids would ever accidently scratch that evil witch!! I can just imagine her running out and buying a used Superloader from the local laundry mat to fit the fifteen-year-old!

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
This makes me incredibly sad and is indicative of so much that is wrong in our world.

We have a long and brutal history of treating animals like possessions. Moreover, this is also reflected in how we treat our fellow humans. Soldiers are effectively possessions of the state. Employees are treated as little more than possessions of companies. Children are often treated as possessions of their parents. Sure we are not by definition slaves, but one is often suffers in the hands of someone else in very unequal power relationship.

I'm not saying that this is always the case, just that when placed in a position of power, we tend to abuse that position of responsibility.

Perhaps this woman is mentally disturbed. In any case, I fear for how she's treated her children when she's been in a bad mood.

Animal cruelty is a terrible terrible thing as it reflects so poorly on the torturer. It is indicative of a lack of respect for all other life which inevitably then is filtered down to all other relationships.

All life is sacred. Just because we have the ability to kill and torture does not mean that we have the right to do so.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
This really makes me mad. Killing an animal for no reason like that should be same as killing humans. You know those kids who torture the animals? They dont get much time. Serial killers start off killing animals.

do cats have souls like humans???

I think they do, people in my house have heard my dead cat meow loud when none of the neighbors have cats and none were outside. Two people heard it at the same time. Soul or not though, they can feel pain and fear and I would like to kill this woman.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The woman did have a history of mental illness and was on anti-depressants (which, in my expierience, make you feel worse)

BBC link

The court heard Thacker, who has a baby and two daughters aged six and 16, had mental health problems and was on anti-depressants.

She looks like a council estate pikey too....sorry for the generalisation but you can spot them a mile off. I can imagine her in tight. leopard skin leggings, screaming at her kids

"f**king sit down you little sh*ts or I will kill ya like the f**king cat!!"

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Don't bring abortion into this issue. Unless anyone can prove they remember time in the womb, it may be fair to assume that consciousness comes with birth.

Comparing that to a living animal is totally unfair. Why would you even ask if it has a soul? I don't care if it has a soul or not, if a creature knows what pain is and tries to avoid it, it deserves to be spared unnecessary pain.

This animal tore it's own claws out trying to escape! It's disgusting that it can be thought of as just a soulless animal.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
most washing machines (in my experience) here in the UK do have a graduated temperature control in line with environmental legislation - like pushing people to wash at lower temperatures to save energy.

This was a despicable act and has been well publicised on both UK Local and national media - so there is no doubt that it is the genuine article.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silk
most washing machines (in my experience) here in the UK do have a graduated temperature control in line with environmental legislation - like pushing people to wash at lower temperatures to save energy.

This was a despicable act and has been well publicised on both UK Local and national media - so there is no doubt that it is the genuine article.

Yeah, my (new) washing machine has alphabet settings (A,B,C) which correspond to a particular wash setting. Say "A" would be 90 degrees cotton, "B" would be 60 degrees synthetic, that sort of thing.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
it was her cat right???

so, she can do whatever she wants to it as it is her property...

A cat isn't property under British law, this is why an owner can't be sued if a cat attacks a child. A dog is the property of the owner.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   

A cat isn't property under British law, this is why an owner can't be sued if a cat attacks a child. A dog is the property of the owner.

I think if you look at it from a cats point of view, we're their property! At least, thats what you'd think if you took my cat for example! Little bugger swans around as if she owns the place, treats the house like a hotel.....

df1

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Little bugger swans around as if she owns the place, treats the house like a hotel.....

........and the hes prance around spraying the walls like it's freakin' Wild Kingdom or something!

Technically she didn't boil the cat but it's still cruel and inhumane. What a sorry excuse for a human!

Peace

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
She looks like a council estate pikey too....sorry for the generalisation but you can spot them a mile off. I can imagine her in tight. leopard skin leggings, screaming at her kids

Photo reminds me of an East German border guard, and I'm laying odds she has a a leather riding crop and relative with the surname of Mengele.

Thacker, 34, a mother of three, had laughed as she told Simon Thacker, her ex-husband, what she had done, Jonathan Eales, prosecuting for the RSPCA, told the court.

By the looks of the scowl, six weeks in the crowbar motel probably just make her meaner.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium

thank you for the answer...

this clears it up for me....

send her to jail...

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

Originally posted by Odium

thank you for the answer...

this clears it up for me....

send her to jail...

It's an odd legal system, but the way we look at it is cats are hard to control. You can hardly train them and they can escape a fence, through a window and so on so it would be unfair to punish an owner for having one.

So in turn, they decide that cars are nto owned in the sense you have control over them like you can do dogs. It helps and stops foolish law suits.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
You people have no style, sticking her in a washing machine? To easy, you want to do this the right way give her another cat!

"Ok maam you love to boil kitties so much here is your new pet, a 500lb Siberian Tiger, try to boil this pussy cat." Then laugh as she is eaten.

You see, this is why when I turn 18 I should run for King of the World so people like this would get fair punishments...

Poor kids, are they with the dad now? As far away from the momma as possible?

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
an AWFUL thing to do and time to do it, but cats dogs and other animals are killed every day by our governments... it is called the Pound, and if no one adopts an animal, then they send it up the river for recycling...

People ought to need a license for a animal or a child.
people who are cruel to animals are usually psycopaths.
People who claim that killing an animal is wrong, are vegetarians or in denial.

In some parts of the world, boiled/fried/sauteed cat are usual meals (boiled while still alive is preferred method of fur removal)... and they kill them in the most horrendous ways... and it is state sanctioned or ignored...

but instead of boycotts, or reprisals, or rescues... we give favoured trade status, and send thousands of troops to protect them from barbarians...
did we check to see who the barbarians were before we went?

I am proud of my fellow ATSers who love cats and respect them... but open your eyes people... this is small potatoes to what we all encourage by our silence every day...
cat cuisine
spay or nueter your animal, unless you want to be responsible for an animals suffering also.

BTW: this lady ought to put in a mental institution and forced to do community service cleaning cat poo from litter boxes....
definatly shouldn't get to keep the kids... dangerous...

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I've never known a cat that scratched past kittenhood. With the two I have though, I looked like a sliced ham for months--till they grew out of it.

How old was this cat?

I too fear for the kids. Hope dad's not a case also.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Well he couldn't have been to bright if he married her...but bright enough to leave her and score brownie points, revenge on his wife and custody of his kids in one gossip scoop.

Sh was so wrong t do it but then his motives are not all squeaky clean....

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join