It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Woman Jailed For Boiling Fluffy The Cat In Front Of Children

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
reply to post by 04326

thanks, allisone for the appropriate biblical verse.

That is NOT an appropriate Bible verse, you cannot try and fit animal torture and killing out of a fit of rage into that verse, that's idiotic.

It's called "cherrypicking" and that's a logical fallacy, borderline a straw man argument as well.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by billybob

you are right, I am angry and i am sure it stems from the fact that i am an animal lover. I also agree with a fair trial but come on, I am sure she got to present her case in a court of law of her country and was judged to be guilty. so i am just putting the pieces together and taking that the magistrate/judge of the court must have seen something to show that she was wrong in her actions.

I know that not everyone is aware of all the laws but it is a universally held principle in the free world that ignorance of the law does not excuse one from the liabilities of one's actions.

As far as this woman not being guilty of child abuse - well not sure if that really applies because as someone posted earlier on, subjecting a young person to such a sight is nothing short of psychological abuse. I would like to see evidence to the contrary.

But i acknowledge your point that 'eye for an eye' does not apply to this situation but what she did is wrong on so many levels that it justifies some form of punishment.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
First off, I think what this lady did is horrible. If I were still a child, and I had to watch my mother kill a family pet like that I would have been pretty messed up by it.

This lady snapped for whatever reason, I believe she was on meds also, and she did it in front of her children... What happens next time when she wigs out and straps her kids in the car and pushes it in a lake? or drowns them in a bathtub? Then everyone will be wanting to send her to Texas so we can give her THE shot.

Warning signs like this should not be ignored, custody should be given to her husband... and child support should be paid.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by XTexan]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by they see ALL

Your CLEARLY painfully unaware of Animal Cruelty laws my friend...Its not up for "ATS Abortion Debate"...Its up to simple facts,and simple laws,that this sad sack of # will now pay for... ...Not to mention,you might want to make your self MUCH MORE aware of the rate people who have commited multiple murders,began,first,with animals... Whats mommie to do when her 5y/o jumps in her arms,and accidentally scratches her?...Washing Machine Time?!

Why don't you want to bring up the double standard of how SOME animals ARE "private property"(Farm Animals),and OTHERS are heavily protected because we like to pet them,and walk them?!... ...Something on your dinner plate we should know about :-P...LOL

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
That is NOT an appropriate Bible verse, you cannot try and fit animal torture and killing out of a fit of rage into that verse, that's idiotic.

It's called "cherrypicking" and that's a logical fallacy, borderline a straw man argument as well.

Um, that wasn't "cherrypicking", it's only called "cherrypciking" when you pick it out of the middle of the Bible, completely leaving out the surrounding literature, and being completely out of context.

What I posted was from Genesis, the first Book. Chapter 1, the first chapter. Everyone reads at LEAST the first book called Genesis, right?

The reason for posting it, was to show that it is not a sin to kill an animal. Actually, the Bible has many sacrifices to God in the form of animals.

Genesis 1:28 (New International Version)

28 God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground."

As you can see, it is not out of context. We have rule over the animals, so it's not a sin to kill them.

-on that note-
I do not agree with torturing any type of animals.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

it was her cat right???

so, she can do whatever she wants to it as it is her property...

So should she be able to put her kids in a boil wash. They're her kids right? So she can do what she wants with them. I gues it's fine to start starving and torturing our dogs then. They're just dogs and we own them, so we can do what we want right? So you think mistreating a life is ok cause you own it? Man, i hope you don't own any animals or have any kids. I bet you like to beat them up cause it makes you feel like man.

sense when is killing a cat murder???
Since taking any life is murder.

do cats have souls like humans???
They sure do.

so, a doctor can kill a fetus and a lady can kill a cat but the lady goes to jail???
When have you ever came across a foetus in a boil wash? Lets discuss analogies once you come up with a decent one.

I hate these double standards...

Mate, by the sounds of it you have no standards at all. What makes you think the cat's life is worth any less than you are? What gives you that idea? What makes you sooooooo high an mighty that you're the lord and ruler of everything alive on this earth and can rule over i, kill it, do whatever you want with it?

Sheesh. People are so far up their own arses these days they're blind to the world around them.

And don't gimme that 'cause it says it in the bible' crap. It says in the bible you can't eat pork or shellfish. How many of you stick to that rule?

"But all in the seas or in the rivers that do not have fins and scales, all that move in the water or any living thing which is in the water, they are an abomination to you." (Leviticus 11:10)"

And what about this one?

"...do not plant your field with two kinds of seed. Do not wear material woven of two kinds of material."

[edit on 16-10-2008 by Nammu]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Wrong, "cherry picking" is only presenting evidence to a debate that supports your opinion while refusing to acknowledge relevant evidence that goes against your opinion. Romans 13 is a chapter that tells people that they should submit to the laws of whatever civil authority they live in, that God sets up rulers, and take them away, and it also says if people violate the laws of said country/kingdom the rulers God has in place will put them in jail or worse.

To ignore this while spouting off Genesis is in fact "cherrypicking", and the POINT is, thee are laws against torture and the senseless killing of animals. This woman killed the family cat in a fit of rage. That is most certainly against the law of the land.

Cherry picking
AKA biased sample

The cherry picking fallacy is committed when deliberately picking out the data or information that support your view, while ignoring the information that oppose your view.

Fallacies

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The spirit world will not take this woman kindly when she departs. Less we forget that cats are guardians of the underworld, and have been thought of such my multiple socities, all the way back to mans beginnings. Enki will not judge her well....

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
OK, it wasn't Oz but Jeez, do you guys even read these articles? A washing machine doesn't have a temp control besides cold/warm/hot, regulated by the cold/hot water intakes. Am I wrong about that?

Yes you are. Somebody already gave you a link, but I want to clarify -- most of the cheap cr@p you find at PC Richard here in the US does not compare with what people have in Europe. That includes thermostats for laundry (which actually makes tons of sense).

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Before we bemoan the terrible act of cruelty to the cat, let's not forget that here in the States, not a long time ago, a woman put her infant into a microwave oven and pressed "cook".

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
killing a defenceless animal for simple revenge gratification is a sick thing to do and being as she is a sick mentally ill person treat her accordingly. 6 weeks in jail is no substitute for such depraved cruelty made even worse by the fact that she did it in front of her children also. It was hard to not swear writing this but it is understandable if thats how you feel you have to express your anger at her vile inhumanity.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by starmanuk]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

And your point? Whats the difference? Both are lives. Both have "needs" at that point in life, and not "wants" that plague mankind. Life is life...

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Stories like these make me yearn for the quiet peace of sleep.
Such is life...

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
sense when do you control how hot your washing machine get's.

2nd it's her cat it attacked her AKA scratched..if she called the pound to come get the killer cat .they would have killed it also in 3 weeks lol

so chill ....

she needed to kill cat..she had the right it was her cat .

and piss on attack cat's or dog's

let a dog or cat bite me i own ...it wont be around long.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I love animals and would never do that but... I can see where she's coming from. I really don't like cats, they bite, scratch and are about as dumb as a bag of hammers.

A friend of mine came to live with me a while and she brought her cat and that thing tormented me for about a year. I did nothing but try and tame it and earn it's trust but it would have none of it. At times the bi polar bastard would sleep on me and others it would hide under furniture, wait till I walked by then leap out and sink it's teeth into my ankles

There were times when I would have gladly stuffed it into the washer or hit it with a chair...

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

"Killer Cat"???...When your kids scratch you do THEY go in the washing machine as well?! You don't know specific laws for every region of this earth,so allthough you are right,that the pounds/shelters "kill" cats after they have been up for adoption for a while,you have shown NO proof of 3 weeks,just simply SAID it,cuz it sounds "good" to you...Not to mention,after HOWEVER long there put up for adoption,the cats are then euthanized,just SLIGHTLY more humane than a 10min washing machine boil death!...So,than,where was her "cool head" to put the cat up for adoption to people living around her,for your "3 weeks" period?!...Ow yeah,thats right,she went the INSTA-KILL route... ...When a cat is at a shelter and it scratches a volunteer do they instantly kill the cat?,NOOO... People who are allowed to keep an animal as there property to do with as they choose,they should FIRST,FIRST,FIRST be aware...This animal comes with claws...Its elementary,no big surprise or anything... YOU!-"let an animal i own bite me and they won't be alive long" #1 im guessing you MUST not have animals,#2 i hope if you do they bite your ass to death in your sleep ;-)...

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I am horrified when i read these kind of stories. Anyone that can do that to a pet can do it to a human being as well I think.
Our pets are a gift to us to be cherished and looked after. They are innocent after all and need us for just about everything.
As far as getting the same sentence or a worse one for killing a pet as opposed to a cat, no i don't think so. Its horrible but its more horrible if it is a baby. Its cruel and unusual no matter pet or baby really. If anyone did that to my two adorable cats i don't know what i would do. Who ever did it better head for the hills thats for sure. Our cats are just like kids to us, i mean we know the difference but we love them and will grieve terribly for them when something does happen to them.

Yes and by the way neither person or pet are really our property to do with as we please. Thats a very archaic idea. I don't go for that at all.
We are all individuals and belong to no one but ourselves.

Lannie

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The fact that the woman's husband turned her in implies that he must have been horrified and/or repulsed by her behavior. I would guess it must have upset the children badly, which would have increased his anger over it.

When I was a little girl I cried because my mother put my teddy bear in a suitcase and I was afraid it would smother. She took it out and showed me it was ok, but she didn't put it back in because of my fears. We had family pets all the while I was growing up, and they were treated with the same kindness.

I just can't imagine being that woman's child.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join