It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your phobia?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I have icthyphobia (fear of fish). I'm scared of big fish, especially serpentine fish.

What's funny is I'm not scared of spiders or snakes. In fact, I let them crawl all over me, but feeling a fish on my legs..........

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I have no phobia, I have overcome all fear.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
People....
They are so f'n scary....but I am forced to interact with them everyday.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Well I know I’m afraid of heights. I cannot stand to be high and look down. I get sick so fast, I get dizzy and feel like I’m going to pass out. My heart races so fast and I can’t wait to get down. I don’t feel safe till I’m back on solid ground.

I am also scared of something I love. I love the ocean its beautiful to me. I would love to live near it. I love the sound of the ocean. I love the smell. I love the sunset or sunrise over it. However I’m afraid of it. I’m afraid to go into the middle on a boat to where I can’t see land no more. I’ve never done that because I’m afraid too.

[edit on 11-3-2007 by Shar]

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I seem to have an unrelenting fear of losing control over my own mind. The concept that the mind can play tricks on itself freaks me out beyond belief.

Other than that, nothing really scares me. I'd rather be put down than be allowed to lose control of my mind.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Without a doubt I have a phobia of dentists,I have been to them a couple of times in my adult life where there is nothing to warrent this phobia which was caused when I was young by dentists,but nether the less I could still walk out of that chair and office using nothing but my butt cheeks.

Oh and I`m not to keen on flying either.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I've got so many phobias it's crazy.My biggest one is fear of driving,[don't know if there is a clinical name for that one], heights, bridges , large bodies of water, bees, elevators and aliens.I also have a mild social phobia.I don't mind being in wide open spaces with lots of people.However, put me in an intimate setting like a bar or restaurant and I'm very uncomfortable.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I've noticed that alot of member's are afraid of insects and/or spiders. I didn't realise that this fear was so predominant.

I only have one fear. It is a strange and irrational fear.

It is the fear of Camels!:shk:

Can't stand them. Gives me the heebie-jeebies!

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I'm scared of spiders and clowns. I HATE CLOWNS!!!

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I'm a total chicken. Let's start the list, shall we?

Vomit - no idea why. Can't be around someone who has been recently sick, it will start my heart beating rapidly and I freak out.

Mirrors in the dark - I guess I can chalk it up to the Bloody Mary superstitions... Or seeing all those horror movies where you see stuff in the mirrors that you can't see in the room.

The dark.

Visibly broken bones, eye injuries.

Using an unflushed toilet.

Dead fish - This is from working in a pet store where feeder fish and bettas persistently died, and I'd have to scoop them out of the water several times daily. Dunno why it scares me, they just looked so... ugh.

Being bitten by small animals - Also spawns from the pet shop. We had Siberian hamsters that were not suitable for pets and even when I tried to talk the families out of buying them... They insisted, and then I would be the one reaching into the cages to catch them and come out with a bloodied hand. It got to the point where I made the customers go in and get their own damn hamsters. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love small animals, especially guinea pigs, but that fear has even spread to them as well.

Bugs/spiders - freak. me. out. alive or dead. I used to have to catch and count crickets in little baggies at the pet shop for people who had reptiles. This did not sit too well with me. A few weeks ago I had been running errands outside and it was a nice Spring day out. I had my hair up in chopsticks. Went home, went to bed, woke up and got in the shower after my mom. At one point I looked down and there floating in the water was a dead wasp. I freaked. Asked my mom if there was a wasp there when she took her shower... It HAD to have come out of my hair. I slept with a wasp in my head. I also had a cicada fly into my hair and get stuck. Heart attack.

There are many more irrational phobias that I have... but I'll stop for now.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
im afraid of Escalators ever since i saw a lace stuck in one and i thought a person was sucked into one now i have to run and jump on to them and off them i hate moving stairs with a passion.

i also have a fear of spiders but thats a common one really

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I'm afraid of two things.
1. Needles. a good reason not to do drugs, right ?
2. INsects. Useful for nature, i know, but how ugly. MY only pleasure with them is when i put my foot on one and hear its exosull cracking...hmm...I hate them !

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
High ceilings and grasshoppers.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
claustrophobia.

think I am crazy now?

haaaa.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I have a few fears...

Snakes -- when i was little I was raised to think all poisonous snakes can swim (and alot of snakes found in lakes and rivers i grew up by) and when i was about 4 or 5 one swam up to me and we bumped noses (literally). I froze out of fear, and it swam away... ever since I can't get near a snake. Even in reptile houses I feel highly uneasy. I'm that afraid of them.

Large crowds of people -- Always been this way, I'm ok if i have about of foot of space around me, but going into malls and other crowded places (especially at Christmas) I would rather die then go someplace crowded. Even in college when I went to parties, I sat outside with the smokers (and I don't smoke) cause it wasn't crowed there.

Going places alone -- I can't travel alone, shop alone or anything alone. I'm fine when it's just me at the house, but out in public I feel like everyone is watching me. I don't have this problem anymore... I have kids.. but before I couldn't do anything alone.

Change -- Change, expected or not always makes me nervous. I know what I like and I stick to it. When something changes.. even if i'm the one doing it, I seem to lose my mind, and go crazy.

Falling -- I'm fine with heights, as long as I don't think I'm going to fall. If i go somewhere high, and feel it sway or bump in any way, i start panicking.

Zombies -- A huge fear of mine. I can't even cope with the idea of them in a movie. I would rather be sent to hell then surrounded by zombies.. course I bet that's going to be my hell... zombies.

Being hurt -- This bothers me so much, I rarely let anyone close enough to do so. I am naturally very sensitive, and can get hurt really easy, so I avoid intimacy at all costs, and though recently I've let someone be close... this fear was so dominating it ended up ruining everything.

Being touched -- especially my hair.. I'm really really sensitive about my hair. My mom used to get angry at me when I was little and brush through my hair like it was a tangled bit of weeds tearing it out by the root. I don't like being touched anywhere else.. Just feels invaded.

Thats all i can think of.. but i think that's a long enough list to prove my insanity. lol

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I HATE NEEDLES!!!
Evil things lol. I have to look at the ceiling when I have to have an injection. I hate to see the things. I'd much rather someone ran at me with a knife than a needle. Nothing worse than sitting in a waiting room! Worse than the actual injection lol.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
My worst fears are mostly medical, like hospitals, general anesthesia, and doctors (but not needles, for some strange reason.) I'm also terrified of clowns and getting lost. This is my absolute nightmare: being lost in a hospital inhabitted by nothing but evil doctor/clowns trying to give me anesthesia. Luckily, I've never actually dreamed that, just thought about it.

I can't get on rides either. It's not the hights or movement, I'm just terrified it will never stop and I'll have to either die on there or jump off and fall to my death.

:bnghd:

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Moths...not the little white ones but the big brown hairy ones uurrggghh
they give me the creeps,i scream the house down when they come near me much to the amusement of everyone in my vicinity.

And 4 weeks ago i found i had vertigo whilst 3 quarters of the way up a big hill.A hill im familiar with as well which is annoying.

I laugh about it now but at the time my vision was playing some nasty tricks on me like the ground seemed magnified to the point where i could not see the ground i was stood on but could see the bottom of the hill perfectly.

I sat down and planted my fingers firmly into the ground .Gripping hold of blades of grass until i was rescued.
Yet again to the amusement of everyone who was there.

[edit on 6-9-2007 by tracey ace]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Being poisoned... its happened to me before so im always on guard.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Spiders.
Big ones,poisonous ones,little ones.
I dont like any of them.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join