It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Woman Stands Up to Sheehan

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Seekerof, Casey did not back this war or Bush. It's been all over the media. Neither did her husband. Their immediate family stood together, united against the war and against Bush.

Care to provide just one non-partisan source indicating otherwise to what I have asserted, Benevolent Heretic, since of course, as you assert, it has been all over the media?

seekerof

[edit on 15-8-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by boogyman
By the way...
Does anyone else find this a little twisted?

Quoted from Article:
Bush supporter Michael Cassidy of Meridian, Texas, dressed his son Danny in fatigues and gave him a plastic M-16.

"He wants to be a Marine," Cassidy said of his 7-year-old son, who was holding a sign that read "We are not Afraid."

I guess your never to young to be indoctrinated to join the ranks of America's cannon fodder.

Well I guess some one has to fight the future wars this guy starts but won't fight.
Thats a fine father there
We have a great future generation if we make it that far

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
She stands up to Sheehan,

Only as long as she doesn't have to stand up in Iraq.

But she expects Sheehan to be happy to have her son killed for this ex-patriot Iraqi.

This just stinks like a NeoConArtist staged event.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
How dare the mothers of American to protest when Iraqi women are taken with more respect.

no..how dare they so arrogantly act as if they are special and only they are suffering then spit on their dead childs honor and dignity.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin

Please tell him I say hi when you see him. You know him right? So you know their whole situation. And you know what it must be like for a married couple to loose a child.

I will just keep my mouth shut and my feet on the daisies...

Last I heard is her family is AGAINST what she is doing in Texas.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Army you are missing the point. This lady supported the war and supported Bush. She changed her mind when she found out he was lying to her the whole time. She is angry because her son died based on his lies, if Bush told the truth we probably wouldn't have invaded Iraq and her son would be alive. You deliberately avoid these facts, why don't you try confronting the truth for once?

What would you do to me if i tricked your son into killing a person and he ends up paying for that mistake with his life? I told him that this person was going to kill his dad. He kills the guy, gets caught and is sentenced to death all because of a lie. It turns out that this guy was my business partner and i had a fat insurance policy on him and i made a lot of money and got away free. Are you telling me you would pat me on the back and say "Nice one dude"?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NinjaCodeMonkeyArmy you are missing the point. This lady supported the war and supported Bush. She changed her mind when she found out he was lying to her the whole time. She is angry because her son died based on his lies, if Bush told the truth we probably wouldn't have invaded Iraq and her son would be alive. You deliberately avoid these facts, why don't you try confronting the truth for once?

Oh no! Another Bush lied saga.....

Ok add Russian , France, Great Britian, Isreal, and how many others thought Saddam had them? Personally, I think he did but that is besides the point.

I would like to add a statement that is better put than I ever could,

from Vagabond

"Our goals aren't noble. Our goal is to control an area which is economically and strategically important to our survival. Surviving isn't noble, just necessary. If we don't do it somebody else will. We may as well go ahead and be ignoble and not be prey. If you find prey to be noble, that's your call- go feed yourself to something. I don't believe in nobility, righteousness, good, justice, etc to the same degree that most people do. They are ideals. They are not perfectly attainable. They are partially obtainable, and it's adiviseable to obtain as much of them as you can, AFTER providing for your survival. "

LINK HERE - GOOD THREAD

I hope you dont mind Vagabond but you put it so well.....If you want me to remove it I will.

[edit on 15-8-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

Last I heard is her family is AGAINST what she is doing in Texas.

Last I heard 50 nukes were in the country and going to detonate on the Hiroshima Memorial date.

My point is that she has a right to be there and she feels betrayed. Is that OK for someone to sort their anguish out in the best way they know how, or will you sit and hide behind your facade of a$$ kicker extrodanaire and call people tulip walkers if they disagree with you?

Take the high road. You might enjoy the view.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   

"Our goals aren't noble. Our goal is to control an area which is economically and strategically important to our survival. Surviving isn't noble, just necessary. If we don't do it somebody else will. We may as well go ahead and be ignoble and not be prey. If you find prey to be noble, that's your call- go feed yourself to something. I don't believe in nobility, righteousness, good, justice, etc to the same degree that most people do. They are ideals. They are not perfectly attainable. They are partially obtainable, and it's adiviseable to obtain as much of them as you can, AFTER providing for your survival. "

LINK HERE - GOOD THREAD

I hope you dont mind Vagabond but you put it so well.....If you want me to remove it I will.

[edit on 15-8-2005 by edsinger]

That makes sense if this were survival. This is not. This is about greed, money and oil. Alas, this is a topic for another day...

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by NinjaCodeMonkey
Army you are missing the point. This lady supported the war and supported Bush. She changed her mind when she found out he was lying to her the whole time. She is angry because her son died based on his lies, if Bush told the truth we probably wouldn't have invaded Iraq and her son would be alive. You deliberately avoid these facts, why don't you try confronting the truth for once?

What would you do to me if i tricked your son into killing a person and he ends up paying for that mistake with his life? I told him that this person was going to kill his dad. He kills the guy, gets caught and is sentenced to death all because of a lie. It turns out that this guy was my business partner and i had a fat insurance policy on him and i made a lot of money and got away free. Are you telling me you would pat me on the back and say "Nice one dude"?

.......she isnt her son, he chose to be a soldier, it was HIS choice, you ignore these facts.

and awful comparison, he killed, chose to kill and payed for it, thats not tricking him, he couldve responded many ways.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
edsinger are you saying that it is OK for countries to lie and send people to their deaths based on these lies? Look back at some footage before 9/11, you will see Condaliza Rice, Collin Powell and many others say that Saddam has not tried to rebuild his army and doesn't have any WMD's. This is on film so you can't deny it but try to explain to me how they suddenly realized that he had so many WMD's and we were all going to die as a result?

Vagabond's remarks support everything i said, our government had other reasons for invading Iraq. We can argue all day about the sense of these reasons but you cannot deny that the invasion was based on lies.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithinMy point is that she has a right to be there and she feels betrayed. Is that OK for someone to sort their anguish out in the best way they know how, or will you sit and hide behind your facade of a$$ kicker extrodanaire and call people tulip walkers if they disagree with you?

Oh I dont doubt she feels bad about the whole thing but demanding a meeting when all you want to to call the man a muderer?

Does she have the right to be there? Well I would guess so

Does she have the right to demand a meeting and actually expect one? Heck no, what makes HER so damn special huh?

And just becuase someone doesnt agree with me, do they become a tulipwalker, its when they meet these criteria that they get the title!

tulipwalker

A single grouping of leftist, liberal, communist, pinko, enviro-nazi tree hugging, anti-American peace nicks.

"Those tulipwalkers are at it again, protesting the war, even at the cost of more hatred, putting American lives at greater risk."

If the label fits, plant a tree!

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
These facts are not ignored. Yes he volunteered. He was a great guy from what I understand. THIS IS NOT THE POINT>

She is asking to hear a good reason for her sons death from the President.

He does not have one and Bush even said today that "I need to get on with my life".

There is no reason for 138,000 of our men and women over there for the Pentagon just now to say that we won't be able to do what we came there to do.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Interesting to note those in this thread who hold themselves in high enough regard to speak for the slain young man. Who are you to do so? You are nobody.

I don't think this protest will go anywhere really. But I am in no position to judge this woman who lost her son to a war. Are you?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargo But I am in no position to judge this woman who lost her son to a war. Are you?

By thy fruits......

She is dishonoring her son's memory, but that is MY opinioin.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   

And just becuase someone doesnt agree with me, do they become a tulipwalker, its when they meet these criteria that they get the title!

tulipwalker

A single grouping of leftist, liberal, communist, pinko, enviro-nazi tree hugging, anti-American peace nicks.

"Those tulipwalkers are at it again, protesting the war, even at the cost of more hatred, putting American lives at greater risk."

If the label fits, plant a tree!

This is like throwing a brick at a brick.

I guess we should never question our authorities.

We should label people with gross misrepresentations and pretend like we didn't mean it.

We should continue playing the moral avangers that we portend to be.

We should blindly follow our leaders if things don't work.

Answers are bad.

I am going to hop some tulips and go plant a tree on the left of my pink, communist house built by nazis.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Would he still have gone to war if Bush said "I want to invade Iraq because they have tasty oil which we want so that we can influence the world and make some green while we're at it"?

So you are saying a mother has no right to speak for her son who is dead? Bush lied to all of us, some went to war because they believed it was the right thing based on these lies. With your mentality no person on earth has the right to stand up for theirs and others lives. These soldiers are dieing because a few people are too greedy for their own good. This war is about oil, Cheney wants it and he needs our soldiers to get it for him. This mother has every damn right to stand up for her son.

A soldier fights for a reason, mainly to protect his country, i doubt it is to make some cold hearted bastards rich.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Ah well there is no arguing with warmongers and wannabe warcriminals.
Most of the Sheehan bashers are closet fascists anyways.
I hate to sound like a typical "liberal" but the post history of most of these peeople bares my accusations out.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by NinjaCodeMonkeyVagabond's remarks support everything i said, our government had other reasons for invading Iraq. We can argue all day about the sense of these reasons but you cannot deny that the invasion was based on lies.

And the problem with that statement is that it implies that it was Bush's lies.

The worlds Intel organizations thought he had em, not just the CIA.

You peace nicks just don't get it do you? Even if he didn't have them, the war in Iraq IS part of the war on terror that was declared against the USA in 1998. We were attacked multiple times and we swatted at it like one does a mosquito, but when the mosquitoes start swarming you kill them however you can. Iraq was a KNOWN sponser of terror........and you have to start someewhere and as I ahve said a many of times in here, Iraq was the ebst chance at success as these people have no clue what freedom is, but to listen to some in here neither do we Americans with that evil Patriot Act..

I wonder if there were many that supported Germany so heartedly in the early 40's here in the states, the Japanese?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
People lose me as soon as they start name-calling, especially when they define themselves by their politics.

I also find it interesting that they group "tree-hugging" and "peacenicks" with communism.

And what the hell is a pinko?

I'm Republican, and I'm embarrassed when people let their ideologies make asses of them.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join