It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Woman Stands Up to Sheehan

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
Come on dbates, arn't you going to acknowledge the rabid hate for Democrats by your own kind here? Or are you content with contributing to the divide? I mean, that's what makes ATS such a success right? The perpetual hate.

No, that's the difference. There's plenty of animosity and hate on the Republican side, but I don't think it's at the same rabies-crazed level that the democrats seem to be at.

A good example is the Supreme court nominations. Despite being an ACLU lawyer Ruth Bader Ginsburg sailed through the nominations because she was qualified. The republicans didn't like her, but they didn't have their president running the nominations. Now with the nomination of Judge Roberts, the democrats want to check out his adopted children, examine his wife's background, ect. It's an extreme seen mainly on one side.

Now I'm getting off topic slightly. In short this whole Sheehan thing is a 5-ring media circus because they just dislike the President. She already had face-time with him. Should the president drop everything to meet her again? I just don't see why he should, and if he does, then every crazed wacko will come out of the woods demanding to meet him.

[edit on 16-8-2005 by dbates]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
If you want to hear rabid, tune into Rush, Sean and the likes of them today or any day.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank
NeoCons make this Athiest believe that there may not be a God, but there is a Satan, because they work for him.

this member believes u are a weak atheist. u say u dont believe in God but u believe in Satan. so that leads me to believe u are one weak atheist.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Oh NO!

I will be excommunicated from the sacred order of Athiests.

And i didn't even know there was one.

thx for the pointer, deltaboy

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
Interesting to note those in this thread who hold themselves in high enough regard to speak for the slain young man. Who are you to do so? You are nobody.

I was asked for 'proof' that the fellow believed in what he was doing.
I provided it. I restate ... if he didn't believe in the war and he didn't
believe in G.W. then he wouldn't have joined up. He had no economic
need to do so. It's very simple.

Who are you to speak on behalf of this young man?

I am not speaking on behalf of him. He 'spoke' on his own behalf.
He spoke by his actions. I am simply repeating what he did.

Is that the educated assessment of a "professional psychologist"?

Yep. A psychologist. Not a 'professional' psychologist because I am
a stay at home mom .. but yes ... a psychology major non the less.
A proper and full assessment can't be made over the internet of course.
Any attempt to do so would be ignorant and irresponsible.
However it doesn't take a trained psychologist to see that there are major
problems with her. Extreme stress ... changing statements ... major
mood/statement swings ... pending divorce ... loss of an adult aged
child .... inconsistant actions/statements ....

Your bitter and spiteful hate is cause for your extremely ugly personality.

Now YOU are the one that is laughable! ha ha ha I have no hate or
bitterness towards this woman. I find her pathetic and I feel sorry for
her. She's in desperate need of mental health care but people around
her are using her to further their own radical causes. Very sad.

Oh .. btw ... *extremely ugly personality* ??
ha ha ha right back at you. You are totally clueless.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Oh lord have mercy on all of us even here in ATS is a great example how how the moral majority takes upon the none followers of their views.

Yes we even stand divide in this thread and many others.

Please I started in a harsh side but I am very sad that I did it.

Lets all of us keep the debate nice we all have something to said and we all have different opinions.

We are mostly American citizens after all in this boards.

Lest not attack each other. please.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This thread title should be changed.

In no way, shape or form is this Iraqi woman "Standing Up" to Sheehan. This is all about TWO paragraphs in the article.

One of the attendees, an Iraqi woman who moved recently to the United States, drove with her husband from Washington, D.C., to thank Sheehan for her sacrifice. But the woman, May Hasan Lamotte, 37, did not agree with Sheehan's call to pull the troops out of Iraq.

"I came after reading about Miss Cindy. They think their children are dead for nothing, and I am one who got freedom," Lamotte said. "I am grateful for her son and American soldiers. Everybody thinks (Casey) died for nothing. He gave his life as many other brave soldiers have to give me and my country freedom," she said.

She doesn't support her call to pull troops out. She doesn't believe that Casey died for nothing. She believes Casey died for HER and for HER country.

So for her, it's okay for an American soldier to give his life to save her and her people. I guess it's okay with me too, if that's going to be the norm from now on.

American soldiers willingly laying their lives on the line for foreign people under bad governments all over the world. With an American public that unfailingly supports it and keeps sending more and more kids to the front lines to sacrifice their lives and their futures so other people can hopefully live better.

Hey, if that's the way it's going to be, then, as a Canadian, I guess I'll support them too. There's a lot of places on the planet that could use a regime change and an introduction to democracy, and if there's an unlimited supply of fresh troops to do it, and y'all are willing to grease the wheels of war with your own blood, for pretty much complete strangers, then wow, maybe I was wrong about America all along. Maybe you SHOULD be invading countries with vicious dictators and trying to install democracies there. You know, for THE PEOPLE. A whole lot of people are living under repressive regimes all over the world.

Or will it only be against the countries that your government believes to be a THREAT to you, and the rest of the dictators can torture and kill their people as long as they don't attack the USA or any of its' economic interest?

Would YOU sacrifice YOUR child in order to give, say, 1000 Iraqis "freedom"? 10,000? Is there some sort of formula how that works out?

What about Iranians? Would you sacrifice a daughter for the freedom of 5,000 Iranians? They could really use some good democracy and freedom.

jako

ps. Start training your kid soon to know how to fieldstrip an M16. Guns teach children valuable lessons that their young minds can never misapply in real life. As teens and pre-teens, they are emotionally and socially stable enough to realize all the implications of what violence means and how and when it should be applied.

[edit on 16-8-2005 by Jakomo]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
Would YOU sacrifice YOUR child in order to give, say, 1000 Iraqis "freedom"? 10,000?

Cindy didn't 'sacrifice' her child.

A grown man ... an adult ... volunteered to serve his country,
fight against terrorists, and to fight in a war to liberate Iraq.
He knew that he could die doing so, and yet he volunteered.
HE is the one that put his life on the line for others. Cindy
had nothing to say in the matter and gave nothing. Her son
gave all. I am sure the pain she feels at the loss of her son
is real ... but she 'sacrificed' no child in this. Her adult son
made a decision and Cindy just had to live with it. Obviously
she is having a hard time dealing with his decision and the
consequences of it.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Mrs. Sheehan has already met with President Bush. A meeting where she acknowledged his compassion for Soldiers in battle, sadness at her loss, and his moral strength during this time of war. A kiss of thanks was given to the President, and the meeting was over.

To wit: Sheehan the Mother, has had her meeting with the President of the USA, for which she has expressed gratefulness....

...Sheehan the extreme leftist ignorant liberal activist, does not rate a meeting or acknowledgement.

BTW, I just LOVE the nastiness some liberal folk go to, when they run out of argument.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Sheehan the extreme leftist ignorant liberal activist, does not rate a meeting or acknowledgement.

BTW, I just LOVE the nastiness some liberal folk go to, when they run out of argument

Pot calling kettle any one?

Blanket stements make life simple, you stick with that!

Women remember, if your child dies in a war you have no right to do anything other than smile and be greatful!

Remember folks, ignorance is bliss!

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
Women remember, if your child dies in a war you have the right to be upset and sad, but you must remember your child is now an adult, who made an adult decision, you have every right to protest the war and every right to your opinion, but to use your childs death as leverage for your cause is not only disrespectfull to this country but a disrespect to what your child believed in and faught for.

Im completely agree 100% with this statement, good post Uncle Joe, good post!

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I doubt her child believed in attacking Iraq for their Oil and murdering innocent people. Bush lied, that soldier died as a result of those lies and now all you can say is who cares. The fact that you neo-cons are ok with Bush deliberately lying to get what he wants just shows what sick individuals you truly are.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
How is Iraq this woman's home?
She moved away from Iraq to the US.

She seems only too happy to have Americans die for her old country.
How generous she is with someone else's son.
Like congressmen are generous with taxpayer's money.
This sounds like a NeoAnaConda set up.

Lets sacrifice some of these NeoCons on the altar of greed for Haliburton's profit margin.

War is sick and brutal mass murder.
Mrs Sheehan had it thrown in her face.
Maybe if she had seen the reality of the pictures of bloody human meat with bones poking out and maggot ridden putrifying corpses she would have bodily stopped her son from making this mistake.

The Iraq war is a blood money war to funnel money to war profiteers such as Haliburton.

For Mrs Sheehan it went from being an abstraction to a brutal reality in very short order.
Bush has never seen war.
He deserted on domestic soil,
yet he is the great cheerleader and supporter of war,
hey, put your *ss where your mouth is.

The Whitehouse is full of evaders and avoiders of war,
yet they all are staunch war supporters.

Doesn't that strike you as at the very least inconsistent?

How about hypocritical?

How about forked tongued snakes?

Its easy to support a war from 7,000 miles away where you never even see the sparkling new flags drapped over the coffins of soldier's corpses.

One human death is a tragedy,
40,000 to 100,000 deaths is just a statistic,
Or is it?

Does America under the Neocons still have a soul left?
Or are Americans just psychotic greed numbed monsters?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe

Sheehan the extreme leftist ignorant liberal activist, does not rate a meeting or acknowledgement.

BTW, I just LOVE the nastiness some liberal folk go to, when they run out of argument

Pot calling kettle any one?

Nope. No name calling, just using her words and actions:

She herself admits to being a life-long liberal leftist...no kettles there.

She has made statements that are ignorant at best, and totally false(if Israel leaves palestine, terrorism would end?
Puhleeze!)....no kettles there either.

She has aligned herself with far left extremist groups (Move-On, Michael Moore, Hip Hop Caucus, Code Pink,and others), and is camped out on public and/or state property, in a ditch, in a tent, in order to appear the grieving mother.... what?

No kettles or even pots here at all, just truth.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
This is so funny! I just know you Cindy Sheehan-attackers are the same people who stood up for the parents of Terri Schiavo, another unfortunate who was caught in a media circus.

Cindy Sheehan is 'using' her son!
She's dishonoring him!
She doesn't know how he felt!

Terri Schiavo's parents were 'saving' their daughter!
They were honoring her!
They knew what she wanted!

I guess it just depends on what serves your agenda, huh?

Bah!

Even though it's called 'Camp Casey', this isn't about Casey anymore. He's dead and gone and after it's all over, he'll still be dead. It's too late for him. This is about preventing more unnessary death. This is about stopping death before it happens. You guys ought to be able to relate to that, huh? Consider this a pre-emptive action to prevent more American Soldier's death.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
You war supporter have no conscious.

You laugh at 40,000 to 100,000 Human lives lost.

Pay attention America,
this is kind of people that led you into this.

Ha, Ha, Ha

I love smell of putrifying human flesh
the stench as it drips and runs and is infested with fly larvae and maggots.

Little children who used to have a stable place to live,
now watch American wiz by with guns ready to grind them into hamburger with rapid fire machinegun spray.
Some of them become small corpses in this chaos America unleashed.

Ha, Ha, Ha

War with America is a joke.

America is a joke.

Urinate on an Iraqi prisoner at Abu Graib,
force him to tell you all he knows,
with salivating snarling snapping dog barking and growling at him laying naked and cold with the feces you smeared on him.
He must know something, otherwise he wouldn't have been locked up.

War is a party.
A human meat party.
Ain't America Great!

Kill people for money?
Hey way cool man!

Tired of neocon cannibals leading this nation.

America don't you have a conscious?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank

Ha, Ha, Ha

War with America is a joke.

America is a joke.

America don't you have a conscious?

No its obvious what the joke is...

Yes and lo and behold a brain too.......!

[edit on 16-8-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
While I find the ugliness of both sides disturbing, it seems the neocons win the ugly cup hands down. However, I really don't know what she expects to accomplish. Yes, Bush is a liar, yes, the war is a farce. Still, if Sheehan hopes to get some sort of satisfaction out of Bush she's sadly mistaken. The man will defend himself with lies and excuses until he's blue. The neocons will defend him in like manner until they're blue. The utter nonsense of calling anyone opposed to Bush or his war unpatriotic is
at once laughable and depressing. I used to feel put off by Democrats who
took the hard line, but now the pendulum has swung and the Republicans
have run amok. It would seem people never learn, and whichever side gets power abuses it. When the French Revolution was over and the "Republic" was formed, those at the helm quickly became the new elite.
The same thing happened in Russia. Now it seems it may be our turn, as both sides seem intent on making loyalty to their ideals a litmus test for
patriotism. This is playground politics, and is no less childish and demoralizing. Our leaders have failed us, and instead of acknowledging it we now begin the blame game. I guess I said all that to say this. We're screwed, no matter which way you look at it, and even if we're not, the next ten years will be spent fighting over which faction "saved" our collective asses.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by staver. Yes, Bush is a liar, yes, the war is a farce. The neocons will defend him in like manner until they're blue.

For one, I do not think Bush was a liar in the sense that the Tulipwalkers portray. If that is the case Clinton said he had them, and that would make Clinton a liar also (and that has been proven btw)

Second, this war is NOT a farce, its a necessity precisely because of the way Tulipwalkers deal with legit threats to our nation.

I will not defend him when I feel he is wrong as I have pointed out many of times here, one that stands out is the open borders, he is a fool for that one and I readily admit it.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Aww, this woman is a plant put there by those in power , of course

Originally posted by NinjaCodeMonkey
It is funny that they live in washington D.C., her husband might work for the government. The government agreeing with themselves, that can't be biased can it? Can anyone confirm or deny if her and/or her husband work for the big W?

The two of you guessed right.
She is married to a guy at Voice Of America, a Governemnt funded propaganda outlet that broadcasts to countries overseas.

dailykos.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join