It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Woman Stands Up to Sheehan

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Check the picture of Sheehan on Drudge tonight 8/17/05. Along with the others of her that I've seen from down in Texas, she doesn't look very grief-stricken to me.

Nope, she's having the time of her life - all based on the death of her son.

Drudge

[edit on 8/18/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Just a little note here about greif. Two weeks after I lost my child, I laughed at something. Yeah, I actually laughed at something. The next day I cried. But the next day I laughed. For 2 weeks I kept a stiff upper lip. Then I broke completely down. Then 2 weeks later, I partied. Then I laughed. Then I cried again.

A year and a half later (which is about where Ms. Sheehan is) I was living a fairly normal life, laughing, crying, but still greiving. Hell, it's been 14 years and I still cry sometimes, but thankfully, it doesn't consume my whole life.

So unless you have lived in Ms. Sheehan's shoes (and even if you have) I suggest you think again about judging someone else's greif. I suggest you deny the thought that a mother having a good time a year and a half after the death of her child means she's not greiving. Some of us know better...

[edit on 18-8-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent HereticJust a little note here about greif. Two weeks after I lost my child, .

I am sorry to hear of your loss, and I do think she has the right to protest, by all means.

I just think its in bad taste , the method she has chosen, it well, just tacky.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Of course she's going to agree with bush, he got rid of iraqi's worst enemy...

That doesn't negate the fact that he went there on false pre tenses...

He should of just came out with the truth instead of trying to convince us of bs reasons that he himself didn't even believe.

The Iraqi woman is always going to be grateful for they now have a free country (or hopefully will be soon one day) and don't have to live in fear.

This case shouldn't trump the obvious facts....

Just because a conspiracy theory, by label, has a negavtive connotation attatched to it, doesn't make it not fact... It's just not fact to the status quo because the status quo gets their facts and reasoning from main stream by the way, could also be labelled as propaganda... *cough* operation mockingbird *cough*

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Benevolent, I'm very sorry for your loss. Only a mother/father knows....

This is a circus.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

It's only in bad taste because it's not the status quo... It's abnormal to socieities standards... It's acting out and socially deviant.

That's why you think it's tacky.

I give more props to people who aren't worried or afraid of bucking the system, that gives me hope, and it let's me know that there are people out there that are thinking... Even if it is 'wacky crackpot theories' to the norm.

She's all the more brave imo...

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I do think she has the right to protest, by all means.

What method is that? Carrying signs? Giving speeches? Lighting candles? Talking about the son she raised to be an honorable and selfless man, whom she'll never see again? Giving interviews to the media? What other method of protest is there? Isn't the purpose of protesting to gain a voice?

Would you prefer the method where she just stays home and shuts up? Is that the 'taseful' kind of protest? One where the media isn't invited?

If you really believe she has the right to protest, what would it look like for you to approve of it? That's a real question.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Cindy may as well be a top ranking operative of Al-Qaida with ramblings like she has done.

It puts people in a terrible place. Our first reaction is sympathy twards a greiving mother. But she is using this guilt and sympathy we have to further an agenda. If you think for one moment there isnt a big lobby behind her you are mistaken. She is being used as a tool by some leftist group to further their agenda, and a willing tool at that.

The most terrible part of all this is that her son CLEARLY believed in what he was doing. He was a patriot who wanted to serve his country. Imagine what he would think about what his mother is doing if he could hear it? Its pathetic what she is doing in his name. Her ENTIRE family has basically left her over this, that must tell you something.

She is about one more interview or speach from screaming "ALLUHA AKBAR!! ALLUHA AKBAR!!"

[edit on 18-8-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
SKippy you can't beleive that drivel. Man, there should be limits on BS in a post. She is a greiving mother and whether she is being controled by this or that political party she is FAR FAR removed from screaming that crap. Grow up and stop being such a timid little person.

Because people disagree with you doesn't make them the enemy - in fact it seems that those that do agree with you have done more damage to the great America than anything some greiving mother can do.

I am starting to think that you are just being paid to write this crap, nor biped could possible swing as much tripe as this pro-war side, the charactor assinations and such are incredible. It would be funny if it weren't so sad.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Passer By
SKippy you can't beleive that drivel. Man, there should be limits on BS in a post. She is a greiving mother and whether she is being controled by this or that political party she is FAR FAR removed from screaming that crap. Grow up and stop being such a timid little person.

Because people disagree with you doesn't make them the enemy - in fact it seems that those that do agree with you have done more damage to the great America than anything some greiving mother can do.

I am starting to think that you are just being paid to write this crap, nor biped could possible swing as much tripe as this pro-war side, the charactor assinations and such are incredible. It would be funny if it weren't so sad.

Thats funny, I was thinking the same thing about you.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc If you think for one moment there isnt a big lobby behind her you are mistaken. She is being used as a tool by some leftist group to further their agenda, and a willing tool at that

That's what Bill O'Reilley thought and he had a woman on his show, who had lost a son in Iraq, that he thought would denounce Sheehan's tactics but she seemed to agree with Sheehan and said she doubted the left was behind her actions.

The-OReilly-Kesterson.wmv
www.crooksandliars.com...

[edit on 18-8-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

Thats funny, I was thinking the same thing about you.

And yet my post was about your stated views on her, while I have never stated my views on her(Going out of my way for mentioning she could be controlled by those leftists your always frieting about) - but you claim to think the same about me.

SO without information you will manufacture something?

Seems to be the status quo. BTW - next time why not go for the more mature "I'm rubber and your glue", just to break it up a bit?

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   

SO without information you will manufacture something?

Here is a little something for you to chew on, because its clear you dont really read these boards I have done the work for you:

Little more on your precious Mrs Sheehan:

- Letter from her family telling of thier opinions on Cindy's actions:
drudgereport.com...

- Article quoting Cindy as to why her Husbnad is leaving her:
darksyde.dailykos.com...

- Story about Cindy's son and his patriotism:
www.americandaily.com...

- Cindys lies:
patterico.com...

- And lastly all the CASH she is making from this..."Protest"
www.rightwingnews.com...

You see, I ahd to manufacture NOTHING, the woman seems to do it herself...

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
OOOoohhhhhh baised threads? It is obvious that those people that write that stuff are merely controlled by the radical right and are not thinking under their own brain power.

Sad to see good bandwidth being used for such triffling neocon politic's to try and defame and charactor assinate someone.

Please skippy, don't be frightened - she is just a girl.

You'd almost think she was a UN inspector or some politician disagreeing with a presidential statement.....

Your fear of the truth only underlines the politics from the neocon side. The constent charactor assinition is sad and pathetic to see, especially as if they are liberals, they should be easy to beat in terms of issues and idea's - but when a party consistently uses the tatics the "new right" uses it clearly shows an inability to argue issues. IMO.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by rstrik
I find it amusing that every thread on ATS always devolves to Bush hating or Bush supporting. You all seem like intelligent individuals, why don't you put the blame squarely where it belongs on the backs of your local congressmen who VOTED for this war. I'm neither pro Bush or against him but this countries laws prohibit a single individual such as Bush blatently attacking countries for his own gains wether you want to believe it or not. ..... So before you cry liberal or conservative you should place the blame on both parties involved because they both voted FOR it.

Hark, do I hear a rational voice amongst the emotional vitrolic comments on this thread? Why I believe I do---good post rstrik. The problem is, your comments are to relevant to be pertinent.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I have held my tongue quite bit on this thread when I have had the impulse to contribute, mostly because while I hear a lot about Sheehan, I have actually heard very little from her own mouth. I'm not one to fall in line behind the talking heads and fight for their views when I haven't had enough information to really come to those views on my own.

Then last night I got to hear it from this lady's own mouth, and now I am ready to tell you what the impression I get of this lady is.

1. She is THRILLED to be leading the charge for the left wing agenda. It was all over her face and thick in her voice. She was going on with a big smile on her face about how "i'm just the spark that the universe chose..."

2. Her agenda has political overtones. She is making strategic claims about the logic of our being in Iraq that she is not qualified to make. She explicitly said it's not just about meeting Bush (again). To me, this indicates that this is about more than just her son.

3. She's not very smart. She was interviewed about the problems her little circus is causing for the town of Crawford and i kid you not, she used the words "more bigger" in reference to their need to get larger vehicles for their people to carpool in.

4. In general, the impression I get of this woman is not that of a leader. She doesn't speak with authority, she doesn't come across as intelligent, and frankly she looks confused. She comes across as somebody who has been drafted for a job way too big for her by more powerful people. In other words, I get the impression that she is indeed a pawn, as people have been claiming.

So go ahead, flame away. See if I care. I waited till I got to hear her speak for myself, and when I did, this is what I heard and saw. I'm not conservative pawn- I'm just a half-intelligent person with a functioning BS detector.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
I waited till I got to hear her speak for myself, and when I did, this is what I heard and saw. I'm not conservative pawn- I'm just a half-intelligent person with a functioning BS detector.

I totally respect the way you formed your own opinions and I commend you for it!
That's more than I can say for most. Just a few points I'd like to make:

I would also be THRILLED to be leading the charge to end this war! It would be an honor.

I would be surprised and shocked if her speech didn't pick up political overtones along the way. This is a VERY politically charged matter. She's been constantly interviewed, harangued, pestered, needed, called, demanded upon...

This IS about more than her son. It's about war, it's about the soldiers left alive, it's about truth, it's about an administration lying to the public to get what THEY want. So yeah, I agree, it's not just about Casey, and I've said that several times myself.

I would disagree with you about her intelligence. Sometimes people come across as being less (or more) intelligent than they really are. I thought she meant "more, bigger vehicles", as in more vehicles and bigger vehicles, myself.

She didn't set out to be a leader. She may not have 'leadership qualities' but that only goes to indicate that she's not a 'tool' of the leftists. I mean, wouldn't they have chosen a person with more leadership style and perhaps a more physically attractive person if their intent was to make a leader that the people would be compelled to follow?

Frankly after living in the Texas outdoors for a couple weeks, I'd challenge any of us to look composed, intelligent and leader-like.

As I said, I commend you for making your own judgments and not just picking up other people's. Something tells me though, that you found what you were expecting. But at least you gave it a shot.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NinjaCodeMonkeyArmy you are missing the point. This lady supported the war and supported Bush. She changed her mind when she found out he was lying to her the whole time. She is angry because her son died based on his lies, if Bush told the truth we probably wouldn't have invaded Iraq and her son would be alive. You deliberately avoid these facts, why don't you try confronting the truth for once?

Oh no! Another Bush lied saga.....

Ok add Russian , France, Great Britian, Isreal, and how many others thought Saddam had them? Personally, I think he did but that is besides the point.

I would like to add a statement that is better put than I ever could,

from Vagabond

"Our goals aren't noble. Our goal is to control an area which is economically and strategically important to our survival. Surviving isn't noble, just necessary. If we don't do it somebody else will. We may as well go ahead and be ignoble and not be prey. If you find prey to be noble, that's your call- go feed yourself to something. I don't believe in nobility, righteousness, good, justice, etc to the same degree that most people do. They are ideals. They are not perfectly attainable. They are partially obtainable, and it's adiviseable to obtain as much of them as you can, AFTER providing for your survival. "

LINK HERE - GOOD THREAD

I hope you dont mind Vagabond but you put it so well.....If you want me to remove it I will.

[edit on 15-8-2005 by edsinger]

The ONLY reason the Isrealis took out one of Saddam's nuclear facilities back in 1981! The WMDs we are looking for over there were given to Saddam by OUR OWN COUNTRY during the Reagan years! This is why we haven't went after Saudi Arabia because THERE IS OIL IN THEM DAMN HILLS! I say, "GET THE **** OUT OF IRAQ AND GO AFTER THE REAL SPONSORS OF 9-11!" Another thing, Bush doesn't care for the freedom of the Iraqi people, he just wants the oil and infrastructre rebuilding so him and his war mongering buddies can make an extra two billion dollars! The American people, but not me, ARE TOO DAM BLIND to realize it!

I guess that puts me in the boat with Marg huh?

[edit on 8/18/2005 by gimmefootball400]

[edit on 8/18/2005 by gimmefootball400]

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Sheehan left the camp- Her mother suffered a stroke...

No comments.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Would you prefer the method where she just stays home and shuts up? Is that the 'taseful' kind of protest? One where the media isn't invited?

If you really believe she has the right to protest, what would it look like for you to approve of it? That's a real question.

She could morn in many ways, but being a left wing poster child shows that her motives are a bit more..........

Sorry to hear about her mother, I wonder if the stress of the dishonor of her grandchild had anything to do wih it?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join