It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Woman Stands Up to Sheehan

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Her son gave his life for Iraq, he should have a face to face with her. What is he afraid of?

As mentioned earlier, President Bush has already had a 10 min meeting with Cindy Sheenan. I don't think we should expect him to take days out of his schedule to hang out with this woman. He's already met her, listened to her story, and given her his personal condolences about the loss of her son. Not over the phone, but face to face in person.

This whole thing with her in Crawford is turning in to a circus. I understand that PETA was there yesterday. I guess the animals in Iraq are being mistreated. It's just another excuse for people to say that they don't like the President.

[edit on 16-8-2005 by dbates]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
This women deserve the support she needs.

Sincerely ... she needs mental health help.

Her remarks and actions are all over the board.
She is inconsistant in her actions and remarks in a MAJOR way.
Her marriage is over. Her son is dead after fighting for a cause
she didn't believe in.

Definately ... mental health help. She went from saying that
G.W. was truly sorry for her loss, to spouting anti-Israel
slogans and saying that her son didn't believe in what he
joined .... all within a matter of weeks.
SHAME on
those who are using this unbalanced woman to further
their own causes ...

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Like anything that doesn't please the present administration anything she say or do is going to be twisted around for propaganda.

Anytime is a protest that attracks media attention also, attrack all kind of characters.

just like the circus in florida a few months back, this one is going to become bigger, after all is directed to the president.

She may need mental help or she may be as sane as anybody can be in our "society" but the truth is that anything she does or said will be magnify, disected and scrutinized by the ones in favor of her protest and more so by the ones that condemn her efforts.

And as with anything that gives "Free media time" also by the opportunist.

Now I wonder will religous groups will bring some of their money and support like they did in Florida?

I wonder.

[edit on 16-8-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Her son gave his life for Iraq, he should have a face to face with her. What is he afraid of?

As mentioned earlier, President Bush has already had a 10 min meeting with Cindy Sheenan.

I hear you, you do realize that was 10 minutes with 17 other familes.
The lady seems to be changing her story. maybe she should get lost, it is only one person, right?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
She claims her son joined the Army to fight for something he
didn't believe in and to support a Commander in Chief that
he thought was wrong. Yeah, right.
Like ANYONE
is going to join the Army and risk their lives for a war they
don't believe in and for a Commander in Chief who they
don't support. Not if they have the financial means not to
and this man didn't 'need' to join for any financial reasons.

Her son joined the military because he fully believed he was
doing the right thing. He believed in the mission otherwise
he wouldn't have joined. She can't handle the truth of this -
that he died for a cause that she doesn't believe in.
My instinct tells me that she has invented a fantasy world.
She's definately unbalanced.

And my post again:

Originally posted by cargo
Interesting to note those in this thread who hold themselves in high enough regard to speak for the slain young man. Who are you to do so? You are nobody.

Who are you to speak on behalf of this young man? You are permitted to do so but his own mother is not? You are nobody. It is laughable that you would even attempt to do such a despicable thing.

Originally posted by FlyersFan
She's wigged out and in serious need of mental health help.

Is that the educated assessment of a "professional psychologist"? You are no more a psychologist than I am the King of England. Your bitter and spiteful hate is cause for your extremely ugly personality.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   

President Bush has already had a 10 min meeting with Cindy Sheenan.

Ten whole minutes!?!? Oh, my golly-goodness! I had no idea! Now surely that's going far beyond the call of duty! I mean after all, he has to take a 2-hour bike ride, he needs his nap, he has to go fishing and read... cut wood and run from the horses... It's hard work!

Seriously, though, he appears pretty weak by being afraid to meet with the mother of a dead soldier. For 10 minutes or 1/2 an hour. A man with any kind of strength of character would put aside his stubbornness and meet with the woman!

George Bush took a 2 hour bike ride on Saturday, and when he got back, he was asked how he could go for a two hour bike ride when he doesn't have time to meet with me, and he said: "I have to go on with my life." (Austin Statesman, August 14)

He has to go on with his life. Poor fella. He just can't let Casey's death bring him down any longer. Source

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
George Bush took a 2 hour bike ride on Saturday, and when he got back, he was asked how he could go for a two hour bike ride when he doesn't have time to meet with me, and he said: "I have to go on with my life." (Austin Statesman, August 14)

He has to go on with his life. Poor fella. He just can't let Casey's death bring him down any longer.

i guess time stops wen an American soldier gets killed eh? if u are the President and an American soldier dies u pretty much want to shoot yerself in the head instead of continue yer duty as Commander in Chief?

do Generals shoot themselves in the head wen they loss thousands of soldiers in a battle? or do they try to help win the war so those soldiers did not die in vain. wen u lose a love one, do u just sit there in a chair in a room and rock back and forth until u die of starvation? or do u continue on with life because yer love ones who passed away dont want to see u like this just rocking back and forth mindlessly. no doubt every President who have sent troops overseas, all the Presidents have to continue leading the country instead of stopping and worry about American soldiers. Bush is not like Johnson during Vietnam war, wenever an American jet is shot down, Johnson wakes up and looks up to see wat happened. Johnson should be worrying many things besides just American jet getting shot down, he has to worry about economy, social issues, other disasters, etc. if u want a President to worry and mourn about a dead American soldier then America cant move on will it?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Oh, deltaboy, why must you go from 'a 10 minute meeting' to shooting one's self in the head? Nobody wants anyone to kill themselves, for Christ's sake!
Just a little 10 minute meeting. Just a smidgin of compassion, a little show of concern, an answer to a few questions. No shooting, no suicide, no stopping of time. Just a few minutes of calm, compassionate conversation.

Then she'd go home. This could all be over within a few minutes if only he wasn't so stubborn and afraid. Fearless leader, indeed!

I guess that's too much to ask.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

do Generals shoot themselves in the head wen they loss thousands of soldiers in a battle? or do they try to help win the war so those soldiers did not die in vain.

No but they are asked to resign if the fault of the death is heavy and is poor management of the troops.

Or they are ask to resign if they are going againts the comanding in chief.

The latest seems the norm now under bush presidency whenever a General disagree with the way things are going in Iraq.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
link

George Bush took a 2 hour bike ride on Saturday, and when he got back, he was asked how he could go for a two hour bike ride when he doesn't have time to meet with me, and he said: "I have to go on with my life." (Austin Statesman, August 14) WHAT!!!!!????? He has to get on with his life!!! I am so offended by that statement. Every person, war fan, or not, who has had a child killed in this mistake of an occupation should be highly offended by that remark. Who does he think he is? I wish I could EVER be able to get on with my life. Getting on with my life means a life without my dear, sweet boy. Getting on with my life means learning to live with a pain that is so intense that sometimes I feel like throwing up, or screaming until I pass out from sorrow. I wish a little bike ride could help me get on with my life.

i understand her pain, but do u expect to have something like dis for the rest of yer life. its almost like we really lost her. like she is not Cindy but a person that is walking endlessly looking for somthing that will never be found. she does have other children to show her love u know.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   

When an American stand against the government used to be call patriotic, now is call traitor. anti american,

In today Mr. Bush presidency when American men and women stands for their country they become targets, and the women are call crazy.

Even if I again will become target for the malicious anti propaganda against my character.

Very good post! All of it, I just cut it down some.

And in this world today, when an American stands against the government and they become targets, the so-called 'patriots' do things like this:

Anti-Protestor Destroys Crosses and Flags

About an hour ago, we got a phone call from our friends up at Camp Casey saying that the line of gravemarkers along the road (Arlington West) had been run over. People there said that as they were talking to a few members of the press, a pick-up truck came down the road and stopped at the fork by the edge of the tents. The driver then jumped out and attached a pipe to the undercarriage with a chain and began to "swerve into the line of crosses," said Tammara Rosenleaf from Montana. "Then we heard the pipe being dragged over the gravemarkers and the pick-up's wheels crushing them."

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
O boo hoo! I saw the same thing done to hundreds of crosses that were put up in a church's private land to symbolize children killed by abortion. Didn't see much news coverage on that one did you? It's all about what the media wants to imply is important. And anything that might possibly in in any way show President Bush in a bad light is broadcast as being very important.

Funny I was thinking of an event a few years ago, but I see that this happened again just a couple days ago. Where's the outrage? There were crosses run down, by golly!

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
How much is the Iraq harlot being paid?
Or are the Neocons just holding deportation over her head?

Come on everybody,
join in the display to show the president just how much you hate him.

Show him what a disgusting low-life he is.

What a vile and contemptible creature he is.

Spit on his motorcade.

Urinate on the tires.

Maybe he will slither out of his NeoAnaCondeleza snake hole and show his forked tongue.

It's good to hate.
Especially when the object of you hate is evil.

NeoCon = Snake

If you think you can kill tens of thousands of people and get away scott free, maybe America has enough spine to show you otherwise.

Its a snake, kill it quick.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Benevolent Heretic

As things get heated up the division on our country is going to come back to make a stand.

Sad that usually one side will turn against the other with violence, when the moral majority that is actually a minority in the US, can not get things they way they want, things will get ugly.

The longer is not comprimised between the two parties involve is going to be nasty.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Sad that usually one side will turn against the other with violence, when the moral majority that is actually a minority in the US, can not get things they way they want, things will get ugly.

I beg to differ. The majority voted for George Bush. The democratic party is the minority here. You were right about the violence though. Just look at what slank posted.

How much is the Iraq harlot being paid?

Spit on his motorcade.

Urinate on the tires.

It's good to hate.

Keep up the good work slank.
That's the voice of the democratic party you're spewing out in almost every sentence there. The party of hate. The party of opposition. The supressed minority with no plan on how to lead this country. They just hate, hate, hate. Pretty much all the democrats are good for these days.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I think Bush gets a rise out of all this chaos and the more he helps generate, the better. Nothing is supposed to be going well. I think its just the way things will be from now on.

Its amazing i read on some site before that the big trouble would start with "a woman". Is this the woman? I think so...

Strap your seatbelts on, we're in for the ride of our lives...

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Come on dbates, arn't you going to acknowledge the rabid hate for Democrats by your own kind here? Or are you content with contributing to the divide? I mean, that's what makes ATS such a success right? The perpetual hate.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I beg to differ. The majority voted for George Bush. The democratic party is the minority here. You were right about the violence though. Just look at what slank posted.

I am sorry you misundertood my post, when I refer to the moral majority I am not refering to the people that voted for bush alone but the entire American populace as a whole.

When people is confronted with what they see VS. ideology is always a division between the two.

Our country is starting to wake up to what they though things were to what reality and facts is been given.

That is how divisions starts.

We as human will always take one side but we never will agree with been all in the same one.

I have the honest feeling that something is stiring up our nation and I hope is all for the good and not for the bad.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Strap your seatbelts on, we're in for the ride of our lives...

I actually have the same feeling, something that citizens can not take very good is the arrogances of its nations leaders.

And on a more lighter note, yes women started all "in the begining" and it will be prophetic to say that "Women will ended all"

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
No the phony NeoCon snakes hate you secretly then stab you in the back.

Take this war and eat it, NeoAnaCondeleza snakes.

Im not a phony.
I don't have to hide my feelings.

NeoCons make this Athiest believe that there may not be a God, but there is a Satan, because they work for him.

The serpent has always been the traditional guise of Satan.

NeoAnaCondelezaCheneyHalibutonAtrocious.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join