It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Woman Stands Up to Sheehan

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Freedom means nothing when your son, daughter, nephew, neice, etc. is on the line, eh? Spoken like a true freedom loving American, huh, marg? Btw, how many American lives have been lost in the history of this nation for the reasons of freedom?

Congratulations for letting your true colors come shining thru.

seekerof

[edit on 15-8-2005 by Seekerof]
Good grief, why dont the freaking politicians send their sons and daughters off to this war? HUH?
m....k?

Sorry Seekerof, you dont win the argument this time.

Respectfully yours,
DG

Principe de hielo

[edit on 15-8-2005 by dgtempe]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I am no medical expert, but is it possible for people to catch cancer via the blood from an exploding body?

Cancer happens at a cellular level, which involves a mistake in the coding of the DNA to RNA, or a negative impact transcription. I have yet to see any evidence of trace amounts of RNA being able to communicate with external coding. I would rationally assert that the chances of catching cancer from extremely hot, airborn blood are about as good as catching a cold by talking to someone on the phone.

I personally would be more concerned about the depleted uranium. That's just me though.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Yeah where exactly did the woman say that she supported Bush?

I came after reading about Miss Cindy. They think their children are dead for nothing, and I am one who got freedom," Lamotte said. "I am grateful for her son and American soldiers. Everybody thinks (Casey) died for nothing. He gave his life as many other brave soldiers have to give me and my country freedom," she said.

and where exactly does she say that she feels that Ms Sheehan is wrong to feel the way she does?

And could someone please point out to me exactly where she "Stands Up to Sheehan"?

Wow looks like a new low has been reached in the quest to spin events into a pro-war light.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Well I would guess by a lack of response that this has been shot down.

Another case of misreading intelligence and then jumping to a dangerous conclusion

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Aww, this woman is a plant put there by those in power , of course

They're getting waaay too predictable..Next the man who fired the warning shots will try it again, only this time he might hit a certain target. (I pray not, of course)

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by boogyman

and where exactly does she say that she feels that Ms Sheehan is wrong to feel the way she does?

And could someone please point out to me exactly where she "Stands Up to Sheehan"?

Wow looks like a new low has been reached in the quest to spin events into a pro-war light.

Thank you! It looks like some of us got a little carried away with our 'patriotism' now, doesn't it?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
One of the attendees, an Iraqi woman who moved recently to the United States, drove with her husband from Washington, D.C., to thank Sheehan for her sacrifice. But the woman, May Hasan Lamotte, 37, did not agree with Sheehan's call to pull the troops out of Iraq.

"I came after reading about Miss Cindy. They think their children are dead for nothing, and I am one who got freedom," Lamotte said. "I am grateful for her son and American soldiers. Everybody thinks (Casey) died for nothing. He gave his life as many other brave soldiers have to give me and my country freedom," she said.

------------------------------------

It is funny that they live in washington D.C., her husband might work for the government. The government agreeing with themselves, that can't be biased can it? Can anyone confirm or deny if her and/or her husband work for the big W?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
By the way...
Does anyone else find this a little twisted?

Quoted from Article:
Bush supporter Michael Cassidy of Meridian, Texas, dressed his son Danny in fatigues and gave him a plastic M-16.

"He wants to be a Marine," Cassidy said of his 7-year-old son, who was holding a sign that read "We are not Afraid."

I guess your never to young to be indoctrinated to join the ranks of America's cannon fodder.

Well I guess some one has to fight the future wars this guy starts but won't fight.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin

I am sorry. You're right. There has been no torture, no rape and no collateral damage as a direct result of our occupation of Iraq. How could i have been so clueless? I must have confused all of that for the unicorns and rainbows that are all abound, frolicking in a harmonious flux of compassion and good will.

Very typical of me, whom you know so well, to speak so out of place. Thank goodness I have a sophisticated hardliner like you to keep me in my place.

In case my sarcasm fails to communicate my message, I was saying that there HAVE been lots of people killed in Iraq as a result of our 2 year s"shock and Awe' campaign, but I agreed that 120,000 was probably wrong.. There HAVE been documented accounts of torture and there HAVE been documented cases of military and mercenary rape cases.

To say that there isn't is a blind form of Patriotism that will get us ALL in a lot of trouble.

I'm glad I struck a nerve. I know you said the 120K number was "PROBABLY" wrong. To be honest I wasn't picking on you and your post, you just happend to be the post that sent me "over the edge" on that particular issue. I have held my tongue on this issue before and quite frankly I'm tired of it.

As to the rest,
Wars are not pretty, people die, some of them innocently and unneccesarily. Things do not go according to the script, bad people do bad things in wartime, good people do good things as well. I get that.
To take the bad things a few bad people do and and extrapolate it to to make it sound as if we are torturing and raping as a standard procedure when they are isolated incidents just really irks me.

TruthWithin, What should we do in Iraq now?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by boogyman

I came after reading about Miss Cindy. They think their children are dead for nothing, and I am one who got freedom," Lamotte said. "I am grateful for her son and American soldiers. Everybody thinks (Casey) died for nothing. He gave his life as many other brave soldiers have to give me and my country freedom," she said.

Yes if anything it sounds like she is thanking Ms Sheehan and indeed all American mothers that have given up their loved ones for the freedom of Iraqis. Also maybe trying to help the poor woman who lost her son understand that what he died for did mean a lot to some people and his loss was not in vain. I'm surprised there is so much hatred for a woman who is obviously very distressed because her world has caved in all around her after the loss of her son.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
As par, the angry and hate-filled, left leaning, anti-war, anti-Bush rhetoric of an American has spoken and shown the true colors of who she really is and represents. Freedom means nothing when your son, daughter, nephew, neice, etc. is on the line, eh? Spoken like a true freedom loving American, huh, marg? Btw, how many American lives have been lost in the history of this nation for the reasons of freedom?

Congratulations for letting your true colors come shining thru.
There is nothing like the scorn of a woman, especially when vented against another woman.

1 WORD - Tulipwalker - Hook line and sinker!

On dry land I might add.....

As for what the article said, in my own words, the lady came to thank the woman for her sacrifice in that she gained her freedom and therefore her sons death as NOT for nothing as the leftists scream!

You turn this into a American vs Iraqi argument and that is so far from the point of the article.....sad.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NinjaCodeMonkey
... She is a good person and i applaud her for standing up for what she believes in. The rest of you right wing sheep should be ashamed of yourselves and if you are so pro war go and join up. Or are you too afraid you get your hands dirty? A few months over there should do you some good.

She's a tool.

Casey VOLUNTEERED (that means nobody made him do it) to join the Army, because he felt it was a duty he needed to do. After his first stint was done, Casey re-upped SPECIFICALLY to go back to Iraq. Casey VOLUNTEERED to be on the QRF (Quick Reaction Force) the day he died. All that says volumes about his honor and commitment to the USA, the US Army, and his fellow Soldiers.

Casey was a Eagle Scout, alter boy, youth minister in his Catholic Church, and according to his sister Carey, would give the shirt off his back to someone that needed it. Which says volumes about his good, honest, character.

Yet, his mother #s all over that memory of him, by claiming to speak for him as if he was forced to do all the above by the evil George Bush, who personally shot him dead outside his ranch in Crawford (that's sarcasm kids).

Looks to me, that Casey had a very firm grasp on the realities of freedom and liberty. One of those realities is...sometimes Soldiers die, so that others may be free. Too sad that Mrs. Sheehan does not have as firm a grasp on reality.

Ahh yes, before you say it NCM, I already did 15 months in Iraq. Been there, done that, seen freedom take hold..............how about you, bigmouth? Done anything lately to further the cause of Liberty for all, or are you too busy on the internet to bother?

yeah, thought so.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   

One of the attendees, an Iraqi woman who moved recently to the United States, drove with her husband from Washington, D.C., to thank Sheehan for her sacrifice. But the woman, May Hasan Lamotte, 37, did not agree with Sheehan's call to pull the troops out of Iraq. [end quote]

The ***reporter*** says she Lamotte does not agree. Lamotte seems to contradict what the reporter says with her statement.

I refuted this earlier. Really bad reporting.

[edit on 15-8-2005 by TruthWithin]

[edit on 15-8-2005 by TruthWithin]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Army

Ahh yes, before you say it NCM, I already did 15 months in Iraq. Been there, done that, seen freedom take hold..............how about you, bigmouth? Done anything lately to further the cause of Liberty for all, or are you too busy on the internet to bother?

yeah, thought so.

I wish I had another way above vote!

You nailed it head on, and just as a kicker, the ladies own family thinks she is crapping on her kids sacrifice...

I feel for her but quite frankly what makes her so special? Should Bush talk to every parent that has a loss? Wife? Kids? Ah maybe he should talk to all of them twice, even while they scream he is a muderer to his face.

SHE DOESNT DESERVE HIS TIME.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Army

... She is a good person and i applaud her for standing up for what she believes in. The rest of you right wing sheep should be ashamed of yourselves and if you are so pro war go and join up. Or are you too afraid you get your hands dirty? A few months over there should do you some good.

She's a tool.

Casey VOLUNTEERED (that means nobody made him do it) to join the Army, because he felt it was a duty he needed to do. After his first stint was done, Casey re-upped SPECIFICALLY to go back to Iraq. Casey VOLUNTEERED to be on the QRF (Quick Reaction Force) the day he died. All that says volumes about his honor and commitment to the USA, the US Army, and his fellow Soldiers.

Casey was a Eagle Scout, alter boy, youth minister in his Catholic Church, and according to his sister Carey, would give the shirt off his back to someone that needed it. Which says volumes about his good, honest, character.

Yet, his mother #s all over that memory of him, by claiming to speak for him as if he was forced to do all the above by the evil George Bush, who personally shot him dead outside his ranch in Crawford (that's sarcasm kids).

Looks to me, that Casey had a very firm grasp on the realities of freedom and liberty. One of those realities is...sometimes Soldiers die, so that others may be free. Too sad that Mrs. Sheehan does not have as firm a grasp on reality.

yeah, thought so.

1st, thank you for your service.

There are other ways to serve your country than by joining the army.

Respectfully.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Yes, thousands of ways. But, like Casey, I do my service to my country in the Army, and have for the last 17 years. No one asked us to. No one made us join. We do not ask what our Country can do for us, but what can we do for our country.

It's the least we can do for you.

You are welcome!

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
This is not a post about your dedication to our country. It is a post about her "freedom" that you humbly congratulate yourself protecting.

Nor is this about the tragic death of her son.

I believe this post is about an Iraqi woman who went to thank Sheehan for her son's sacrifice and how the post attempted to report that Lamotte supported Bush's strategy and firmly disagreed with Sheehan for her protest, which I believe I have discredited.

I don't think a woman who raised such an incredible kid could be as bad as what you are saying about her.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithinI don't think a woman who raised such an incredible kid could be as bad as what you are saying about her.

Well her husband sure as heck doesnt want anything to do with her!

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Let me get this straight,

She left Iraq to get away from it,
But expects Americans to go there and fight and die,
to make it the country this Iraq woman wants it to be?

Hey call me the QUEEN MOTHER B*TCH OF IRAQ!

I guess she fits with NeoCon-artists like Bush who desert even from a domestic post but expect Americans to die in a war to funnel money to Haliburton.

NEOCON = SNAKE

edit:
Who thinks this is a Rovian Neocon snake staged put up job?

What a bunch of manipulating phonies.

[edit on 15-8-2005 by slank]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

Originally posted by TruthWithinI don't think a woman who raised such an incredible kid could be as bad as what you are saying about her.

Well her husband sure as heck doesnt want anything to do with her!

Please tell him I say hi when you see him. You know him right? So you know their whole situation. And you know what it must be like for a married couple to loose a child.

I will just keep my mouth shut and my feet on the daisies...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join