It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

criss angel discussion...

page: 117
<< 114  115  116    118  119  120 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

BTW, I know how the needle/thread is done, but don't ask, won't tell...and no one else should either!

I know how its done also, and if you think its real and cant figure it out on your own, just try common sense, it will work wonders on figuring out these tricks.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I love that trick and also the one where he eats a string and pulls it out of his eye. Cool and yes, creepy! I like him eating and threading razor blades the best!

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Since PR is bringing up early posts from a fan who claims to know Criss and was levitated by him, here's another from page 9:

Originally posted by ADHDsux4me
By Sheer chance, I've met Criss Angel's Machine Shop/Special Effect Guy. His shop is in the back of an old Magic Shop here in Vegas. I met him while my girlfriend was performing a play on the mini stage in this magic shop.

He showed me a few of the harnesses and whatnot used to do the defying gravity while bending over backwards trick.

Yes, the people who volunteer to be a part of a "stuntish" looking feats of magic, had been prepped ahead of time.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ringing

And WHAT props would those be? Since you cannot describe them, or show them, or any proof of them, why do you believe they exist? The video's you mention do NOT NOT NOT show any high levitations and how they could be done. Those are kiddie efforts at guessing and they all FAIL to duplicate Criss high levitations. No video shows any other person doing what Criss does.

How come you CANNOT give us ANY real evidence other than your imaginations? How about a prop store that seels high levitation devices? How about a sketch of the ' props ' that you claim are there, and how they could have been used yet not seen? That would be interesting, but you just saying over and over that props are there does not mean a thing..ity really means less than nothing because it presupposes a fact not proven!!

Face it, all you have to go on is your belief that man cannot levitate. Thats it. No proof. No evidence. No props. No other human being doing the same or better. Nothing. Zero. Nada. Zilch. Empty. yet STILL you keep typing the same words as if somehow they will magically turn into something we can sink our teeth into and which settles the argument.

The video's show what Criss did, clearly and plainly. If you wish to refute what is seen, then you MUST provide us with some tangible, real and evidential proofs that would convince the reasonable mind that you are right. But all you come to us with is an empty basket that you claim is full of goodies. Well, after peeping into the basket, and seeing nothing, it is up to you to prove that what you claim is there is really there.

You are accusing Criss of using props, so where are they? YOU are accusing Criss of paying off scores of witnesses, who curiously always remain silent forever, so bring us ONE of them that can prove they were in fact paid to lie. YOU accuse Criss of using deceptive video editing to remove the ' props ' that you imagine are there, yet you show no proof. When asked why no one else has figured out that you can get rich and famous by such deceipts, you say that ' no one else has the money to do it ' or ' no one else is low enough ' to resort to such activities to get rich and famous...as if that is in any a valid observation of human nature and the nature of competitors in Vegas..silliness.

You are IMAGINING your beliefs, while we are sitting back and waiting for SOME tiny bit of real and convincing proof to be offered. So far all we get from you deniers is..guesses..imaginings, suppositions and nonsense.

Show us a prop, or another person doing the high levitations WITH props, and show how they were made invisible, or relent. You are failing terribly and that is going right over your heads....so I am being kind enough to point that out to save you the embarrassement that is a part of your empty basket...that is, IF you are still able to be ambarrassed after over a hundred pages of talk and NO proof of any kind that proves your belief is valid.

Doesn't it seem just a LITTLE odd to you that you cannot come up with even a TINY bit of real proof? Is it just coincidence to you that all the things you claim are all imaginary with NO evidence to back them up? If you ponder this a while, maybe a shaft of light will break thru the fog of supposition and you will realize that all you claim is not real and not in evidence. Stubbornness is NOT determination, and empty does NOT mean full.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

eyewitness, oh my gosh!

You believe he can REALLY levitate...OK. Can Criss actually transport himself, disappear and re-appear somewhere else, like a transporter on Star Trek?

Have you seen his brilliant (no pun intended) stunt of being lit on fire, dropping face-first in the middle of the street in Las Vegas, and disappearing? Only to appear seconds later as one of the guys using the fire extinguisher to put out the flames?

It is a very good illusion, it puzzles me (I like to know how things are done, it's fun to puzzle it out) but I wonder if you think he can actually disappear out of the fire suit and (magically?) re-appear in other clothes, holding a fire extinguisher, in about three or four seconds?

Really...if he can do that, no wonder he's rich. (He has great taste in cars, BTW...)

I mean, If I could teleport, I'd be very wealthy too. And a lot of banks would have missing cash with no clue where it went...and no suspects!

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Here's another observation.

Anyone who as seen Criss Angel's work knows that he is extremely accomplished, and quite the showman.

But, as to levitation...hasn't anyone ever seen his being suspended under a helicopter, with hooks piercing the skin in his back???

It's from one of the 'MindFreak' episodes, you can clearly see the helicopter, it is edited of course, various cameras in use...but it is designed to demonstrate his incredible 'ability' to withstand the pain, and prevent blood loss...while he is suspended in a 'Christ-like' pose...

Come on! It is theatre, very good theatre!!!

If he can levitate, then why not stick hooks in his back, and have him fly around over West Charleston Canyon, or wherever it was, without the helicopter? Wouldn't THAT be really amazing???

Seriously...in some ways, it is insulting to an artist such as Criss to attribute his levitation 'abilities' as actual abilities....because, they are ILLUSIONS! So good, so very well planned and executed, that he is one of the top in his field.

I can't wait to see what new thing he next dreams up...

[spelling]

[edit on 23-2-2008 by weedwhacker]

Red Rock Canyon, if I remember correctly...West of Las Vegas. Anyway, he deserves every dollar he earns! And, still has good taste in cars. (Hint...my birthday is coming up...)

[edit on 23-2-2008 by weedwhacker]

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
If you cannot tell the difference between an endurance event with hooks thru the skin and a standard levitation, then you are truly hopeless. If Criss, like David Blaine, wishes to test his skills and endurance and pain level management by hooking himself to a copter, fine and dandy.

But that in NO way relates in any way whatsoever to a levitation, which requires no helicopters and no wires. Do you now see the difference? good. now you can tell us all in your most convincing maner exactly what props Criss used in the Luxor and golf course events? Hmm? Got an idea you would like to share? No? Then leave the thinking to those who have critical examination skills.

High levitations. Prove that props are used. Or admit you have no idea.

Anything else is dishonest and a waste of time. You should read the past hundred or so pages before jumping in....you are over your head.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Hi there,

As you will soon discover it's rather pointless to match wits with the eWITSness (who, BTW, has never witnesessed CA levitate in person). All he will do is go back to "I don't see any props, so there must be no props". arguement. But that argument only works for certain magicians, others are plainly using "invisible props". Hard to argue with that logic.

See how he answered your hook question. Doesn't matter that he can levitate at times, he just wanted to be suspended from hooks in midair just for the shear fun of it all.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

I risk the point reduction from a Mod, because I will say something that is off-topic...or not in the T&c...

A certain member who posts on THIS thread also believes, or says to believe incredible nonsense about NASA and spaceflight, etc. As in, Apollo is faked, and such and such...yeah, I know, not the thread for this topic, but I am trying to ask a question....

Anyone else see a pattern?

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

ok, I'll tell you what, you find out when CA is doing a high levitation event and pay my way to the location, I will hide in the bushes and film it all, not being a paid "eye-witness" I bet I could get some interesting evidence.......deal?

but you know what? you have never answered my simple question posted earlier, I'll ask it again for you to answer and maybe that little ray of light will shine upon you while you ponder this simple question:

If he can levitate hundreds of feet in the air, why cant he do it 12 inches without the use of props or a hidden leg flap and standing on something in front or behind him? He has shown us how this is done and I have posted the actual video of CA himslef showing us this trick and how it is done. Shouldnt he be able to levitate at least 12 inches of the ground, or does he only need a little help with that levitation trick? answer me this please, I would love your insightful knowledge on this.

but then again, your probably right, the guy can fly, levitate hundreds of feet in the air. Man you must be so far from reality to actually think CA can float around. Why does he even drive, he could just fly around and save alot on gas, man the guy can crawl through glass, walk on water, pull thread out of his stomach, make others float......get real

but since you want some shred of evidence of film editing and so on, here you go, its get pretty obvious at the 2:20 mark, but please watch the whole thing, I really hate to do this to you but here you go:

www.youtube.com...

oh and just another refresher for you, although its the 12 levitation trick, I think its still a worthy piece of evidence that this whole levitating thing is only one big illusion.
enjoy:
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 23-2-2008 by ringing]

[edit on 23-2-2008 by ringing]

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Have you seen his brilliant (no pun intended) stunt of being lit on fire, dropping face-first in the middle of the street in Las Vegas, and disappearing? Only to appear seconds later as one of the guys using the fire extinguisher to put out the flames?

It is a very good illusion, it puzzles me (I like to know how things are done, it's fun to puzzle it out) but I wonder if you think he can actually disappear out of the fire suit and (magically?) re-appear in other clothes, holding a fire extinguisher, in about three or four seconds?

I wonder if he did this illusion the same way it was done when he played a serial killer Illlusionist on CSI NY? He switched places with another person, while he was spinning around, and nobody noticed it wasn't really him on fire at the end. He returned to exstinguish the flames.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I have learned to 'levitate' the same way Criss Angel does, and it is pretty darn convincing if you don't know the secret to it. Alas it is a secret and not really magic, as most magic is.

He and David Blaine have pulled a trick that requires a certian medical condition known as dermotographism. I am assuming they both have the condition. It is commonly known as skin writing. I have this condition, and can make your name ( or any symbol, whatever I want) 'appear' on my skin, but truly it is a medical condition. But it still never ceases to freak folks out!

[edit on 24-2-2008 by space cadet]

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Does this guy criss angel believe in god? He kind of freaks me out...

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by StoneGarden
Does this guy criss angel believe in god? He kind of freaks me out...

He says he believes in God and Jesus.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Again Eyewitness!

You are still demanding that you be shown the equipment AND the method of making it invisible. I believe that I am RIGHT in my assumption that you just want to rush this information onto You-Tube, and be POPULAR.
You have never replied to this suggestion, you also keep demanding that anyone who joins this debate should but-out, as they have not been here for the full debate, DO YOU THINK THAT YOU OWN THIS THREAD? New members are able to read past posts, thats why they are kept. The difference is they are reading and digesting many words, then posting a modest reply, you on the other hand read FEW words from posts, then reply with a lengthy post which I am sure you write beforehand. Your posts add nothing to the debate, only your aggressive and abusive manner, which many find offensive.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   

You'll also notice all his "levitations" are local/short distance. Why doesn't he have a show where he flies from say Rhode Island to California non-stop? That would be an incredible stunt, wouldn't it? Of course he never will as he doesn't have enough wire

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ringing

If he can levitate hundreds of feet in the air, why cant he do it 12 inches without the use of props or a hidden leg flap and standing on something in front or behind him?

I have asked the same question and posted the same video in the past. I hope you enjoy the silly reply you will get, as much as I did.

My guess is that it will be explained that he does this to throw people off to help keep his secret...or some similar explanation. Of course having a tv series is the worst way to hide but... whatever.

The absurd responses we are constantly getting makes me wonder if there are a few bridge trolls here

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   

YEP. I've seen this on many, many threads with said individual who always uses the same inane arguments. This person makes extraordinary claims then tells everyone to prove they're wrong and never provides evidence to support their views.

Which leads me to the following question: What do trolls smell like? I think I smell one on this thread?

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
If you listen closely on the Luxor levitation video, you will hear Criss ask Jesus to protect him as he begins. Criss knows that his ability to levitate comes from the realm that is unseen to the common person, and he may well believe that God has gifted him with his abilities and thus appeals to God to protect him. PaulRichard believes that group entities are responsible and he may very well be right; I am still uncertain if it is a natural ability that few have or use and develop, or if it is indeed the efforts of a group of entities oin the unseen realms.

But this I know: Criss can levitate, and he can teleport, and create material items from the nether. That is certain. And Criss could do a lot more I am sure, and he will, before he plays his abilities out. Since he is not an altruistic person and is using his abilities to make money and gain fame, I have no doubt that he will never develop his full potentials unless he gets a more sharing view of the world and how he can use his gifts to help others. As it is, he certainly is the ONLY man on earth who can do what he does, to the degree that he does it. And that is pretty cool in itself!!

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86
But this I know: Criss can levitate, and he can teleport, and create material items from the nether.

........And your proof of this is a video record of those events by a self proclaimed magician and illusionist recorded and edited by himself!?!?!?

You certainly are a piece of work eyewitness.

new topics

top topics

<< 114  115  116    118  119  120 >>

join