It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

criss angel discussion...

page: 116
<< 113  114  115    117  118  119 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

This is hilarious. I hope someone lets Criss in on the joke here, I'm sure he and his family and friends would have a good laugh at much of the silly things here about his 'powers'...heck, it's free publicity for him, increases the 'mystique'!

adding....
Oh boy!!! I 'levitated' to the top of a new page!!! Must be my magic mojo...WooHoo!!!

[edit on 22-2-2008 by weedwhacker]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
How pathetic!! We are still picking up a few people who are back in the first few pages info wise. No need, PR, to have to constantly educate the new voices that never read or think. Its a waste of time. There are a few open minds out there, and that is why I stay.

The deniers NEVER answer your questions, or mine, because they know how silly it seems to listen to their imaginings and guesses with ZERO proof to back them up. They CANNOT describe or prove in any way the supposed ' contraption ' that they imagine accounts for the Luxor levitation, they cannot come up with even ONE witness to a pay off or film manipulation to deceive, nothing. What we DO get from them is" My sister's friend said.." as their best case!! Amazing!

IF Criss was nothing more than a phony with enough money to buy loyalty and new tricks that cannot be seen, then of COURSE there would be at least ONE example of this by someone else. We have BEGGED the deniers to produce even ONE example of another person doing what Criss does, or even close. But NEVER can they do this, and the reasons given are so laughable that even THEY hesitate to say it out loud for fear of ridicule.

One denier actually believes that no one else in Vegas will stoop low enough to do what Criss does, which to them is somehow coercing all the allegedly paid witnesses to remain silent forever, using computer editing to allegedly remove the props that the loyal for life paid witnesses pretend not to see...and it gets more ridiculous from there. The denier keeps slipping deeper and deeper into the hole from which all logic and common sense have long since departed.

They have NO shame. NONE. They will allege the most outlandish and totally unproven sceanrios to try and explain what is seen, but they never, ever, manage to get even a shred of real proof, some evidence that settles the matter, and yet they see this as no more an impediment to theior tortured train of logic than their other assumptions and guesses.

Deniers live in a world of generalities and obfuscations. Get specific and nail them down and all they can do is twist and squirm and call names and accuse US of being silly for not accepting what they say as valid! Gaul and nerve are the most telling traits of a denier: They will advance the most preposterous claims backed up by nothing and ask us to believe it as fact!

Just imagine this sceanrio: A jury of impartial persons has been impaneled to decide the answer to an accusation made by one party against another. The jurors come in with NO predetermined conclusions. The accuser states that one Criss Angel has deceived the public for monetary gain by using devious means to make money, including paying witnesses to lie and remain silent forever, using props that cannot be seen on film or by witnesses, by using deceptive video trickery to eliminate props used to make the public think that he indeed can levitate.

Now, the jurors get to see the evidence to support these claims. Item one: An accusation by the sister of a friend, unnamed , that alleges some element of the accusation. Since hearsay is unreliable and not allowed, only first hand testimony from actual witnesses or participants in the alleged fraud, that witness cannot be seated and heard. third hand info is not valid.

Then, they roll out a Tv and show a few shadows and clouds and allege that these prove that their accusations are correct. but the jury cannot determine from shadows and clouds any proof of the accusation; it is inconsequential and far from enough to make any determination in the matter. Then, the deniers cliam that Criss MUST be deceiving the people because , well, because people cannot do what we se Criss do! The fact that we are seeing him DO it , with zero actual material refutation, means that unless someone can PROVE beyond a reasonable doubt that their accusations are valid, then the film and witnesses that show the event must stand as proof that man can INDEED levitate!

If the jurors enetered the case with an open mind and no predetermined beliefs on the subject, they could NOT come to the conclusion that the deniers are right, because all of their ' proofs ' are nebulous, circumstantial at best and rely on an established prejudice against the ability of a man to levitate to even begin to sway an observer. Criss would be found NOT guilty by a total lack of evidence that proves the allegation.

Deniers ask for us to suspend our critical thinking and observational skills and instead just TRUST them ! What nerve! Just trust them that Criss has some supernatural ability to get total and lifelong loyalty from all his witnesses..just trust them when they say that there MUST be a prop or wires or platform on rigging or a magnetic contraption or something (!!) up there that can account for the Luxor and golf course events...even though no proof of this is ever given..just trust them!

Here is the bottom line: A Denier CANNOT imagine that a human being can levitate, and they CANNOT believe that Criss can levitate as seen..BUT they CAN imagine all of the incredible, unproven assumptions and sillines that they must in order to remain confident. Also, remember that people HATE to admit when they are wrong, and even a denier that realizes that his basket of evidence is empty will normally never admit it and rethink his position: It is too embarrassing for them to now reverse course and admit that they are operating on assumptions and guesses totally unsupported by evidence that is beyond a reasonable doubt.

They will cling to their belief despite all the facts, because they are limited by their own imaginations to those things that they are comfortable with accepting as reality. It would be too unsettling and cause them far too much inner turmoil to accept the facts, so they instead invent grand conspiracies and allow their imaginations total free reign, as long as at the end of it they still end up comfy and sure of themselves and their grasp on reality. No other answer explains why so many people will stubbornly insist that the ZERO real proof they offer is actually a smoking gun.

Well, when a denier pulls the trigger, instead of a bullet what comes out is a little flag and we all have a laugh and then get back to business: Deniers still, after all this, have not offered ONE piece of evidence that makes us take notice and that convinces and settles the argument. you would think that after all these eyars, and all this talk, that at least ONE major ' gotcha ' moment would have come to the deniers..but alas for them, there are none. Still. Always. One day they will figure out that the weird reason that they can never come up with a real piece of proof is because their entire olutlook has been wrong all along:

Criss can levitate and the proof is everywhere, right in front of you. The fact that to disprove this requires more than guesses and shadows and sister's friends still eludes the denier, and as long as it does, we will always have these posters saying " Gee, he is just an illusionist " and go back to sleep until the next challenge to their mindsets causes them to once again make some silly statement with no proof and retire to intellectual slumber land once again.

I just wish we had better foes..these are getting boring.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

Criss can levitate and the proof is everywhere, right in front of you

Please provide your PROOF.

PROOF definitions
any factual evidence that helps to establish the truth of something;
validation: the act of validating; finding or testing the truth of something

You're not even merely suggesting you have some evidence. You are claiming PROOF. Please show the repeatable science behind your PROOF.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Just answer me this, eyewitness, why hasn't Criss performed his feats in a laboratory setting, won Randi's $1m, and given it to charity in one afternoon? If what you say is true, the guy is a completely selfish assclown of the highest calibre.

Back to answering your post:

So unless you saw the "Making of Jurassic Park" documentary, you'd think Jurassic Park was real? Please! You accept everything you see on TV as real, and until someone throws it in your face that it isn't, you believe it?

It's up to YOU to prove he's legitimate, not us to disprove it. You and Criss are the ones making the claims, so it's your duty to put up the evidence, or stop making such ridiculous claims.

I'm not saying the guy and his production team aren't talented, they clearly are, it's just their talents lie (as we've seen countless times before) in conjuring up new illusions (note that word - ILLUSION - read it in the dictionary), which rely on technical feats rather than "parapsychological" hocus pocus. He's just a regular guy with a team of guys around him making this stuff up. We've seen from the Go-Kart incident that clearly some of the stuff he does is not what he says it is.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
A little birdie has told me that Criss has been made aware of this thread and has read his way through it, I would not be supprised if we don`t get a NEW contributor saying how spiritual C.A.s stunts are, in the near future. Some new ramblings will make a welcome change to the habit of posting the same post, with a few words changed here and there, although from some accounts, his spelling will be equally erratic.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86

Here is the bottom line: A Denier CANNOT imagine that a human being can levitate, and they CANNOT believe that Criss can levitate as seen..BUT they CAN imagine all of the incredible, unproven assumptions and sillines that they must in order to remain confident.

I tire of much of the nonsense you spew however this point is one I wish to comment on.

Never in the history of mankind has any human been scientifically verified as being able to levitate and to do so under scientifically controlled situations. Personally for me, that is why I don't believe it is possible. CA, it has been proven cannot just levitate anywhere and anytime he wants. It is always done in a preplanned area and is a planned event with a very small (less than 20) "crowd" of witnesses.

Let CA levitate in a place not of his choosing, at a time not of his choosing and in full view of the public and videotaped by major news organizations and then I would believe that he is capable of human levitation.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

Cool, didn't realize it would be up by the fall. Sounds like a great show, I will be trying to catch it in Vegas. As strange as it sounds I very much enjoy CA and his performances. It just "you know who who" gets me riled up here having to disprove them. Wonder how much tickets will be.

That effect sounds pretty cool.

Hmmm CA doing "Stage Magic".......I thought he was just a "Street Magician"? Vegas must have finally got to him........or was that his plan all along............Hmmmmmm.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Give that man a cigar!

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

pavil, I saw a TV show some years ago, Criss doing stage magic...He was just breaking out onto the scene, I believe...had a slighlty different look, VERY Goth...a little bit like his current persona, but more severe.

Anyway, it was a great show, most of the larger stage illusions I have some concept of how they are accomplished, but I seem to remember his finale blew my mind (mindfreak, anyone?). It was very good. I think one of his best is his re-creation of the classic 'man sawed in half'. It is a stunning performance.

Gee, I hope nobody believes he can actually get cut in half and then heal miraculously...Oh No!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

You are being juvenile now..please. Let me spell it out: Criss has N interest in proving that he can levitate to skeptics..Got that? Why should he? He does not NEED another million dollars, and Randi is a pal of his who I am sure Criss will not want to humiliate and make a lot poorer. Randi never made a decent living as a stage hack and had to have a big ,outh and accuse all others of fakery to get his name known. he is a self promoter and nothing more.

Why hasn't Randi done a long time ago what Criss is doing if he has all the skills and abilities..just not interested in top billing> Maybe money is not his thing? YA RECKON?

Criss Angel makes a fortune by keeping people like you guessing how he does what he does...you imagine some grand props that are invisible and paid witnesse and trick film..and Criss rakes in the bucks. If Criss proved his abilities in a controlled setting, it would gain him NOTHING and might actually harm his career; he would be seen as a freak and exception , hated by many for not using a gift like that for some altruistic purpose and getting rich from it, and marginalized by his peers, the ones who accept him now and say nothing bad about him, like Randio and Babachek, etc.

As long as Criss keeps quiet about the details and goes with the flow and does not spill the beans about his ' special ability ', he gets treated like one of the gang and still manages to be NUMBER ONE every year, year after year, the biggest TV shows, the biggest bucks, and NO ONE>>>>NO ONE>>>>NO ONE>>> EVER EVER EVER does the same or a better act. No one ever replicates Criss acts..no one ever top's Criss acts..and no one makes more money than Criss.

You may believe whatever ridiculous and unproven reason for this you want, but the bottom line remains that Criss stands alone as the only man that can do what he does...because as sure as the sun rises in the east, if anyone else COULD top him, they WOULD top him.But no one can, because to do what Criss does would require using props that cannot be hidden from view, invisible equipment, and rather than fantasize that Criss is the only man on earth that can pull off such a stunt, I prefer the plain and simple truth: Criss can and does levitate.

So, Criss has NO desire to prove anything to anybody. His proof is when he levitates in public with witnesses all over and the cameras rolling. Thats all the proof he needs to get rich!!

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Maybe criss doesn't need another million dollars but he could donate it to charity as it was suggested earlier. Does he hate charities? Does he hate the needy? Why is he so selfish?

As another poster so eliquintely put it, he must be one of the worlds biggest douches if he won't take the million dollar challenge and donate it !!!

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Here's a Penn & Teller video and toward the end, they give some sage advice which is- "USE YOUR HEAD".

www.5min.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

jfj, that's why I love P & T. Goin' to Vegas next month, seeing their show, and Bette Midler (she replaced celine dio-OHNNN)

That classic P & T find was an excerpt from a short series of shows they did on TV in England; I've managed to catch the whole things now and then, on cable here in the US. The tried and true 'youtube' might have longer clips...cannot remember the title of those older shows.

BTW, although they seem to 'reveal' secrets, and were somewhat controversial, at first, in the 'club' of illusionists, they are merely showing people stuff that is old, already revealed, and they do it in an entertaining, perhaps tongue-in-cheek, style. AND, they are good friends with Mr. Criss Angel...I'm sure everyone knew that already?

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86
reply to post by dave420

Criss Angel makes a fortune by keeping people like you guessing how he does what he does...you imagine some grand props that are invisible and paid witnesse and trick film..and Criss rakes in the bucks. If Criss proved his abilities in a controlled setting, it would gain him NOTHING and might actually harm his career; he would be seen as a freak and exception ,....... I prefer the plain and simple truth: Criss can and does levitate.

Actually he may not have anything to gain but does have everything to loose, not because he is a special freak but because the people who actually believe in this hoax will actually see its all fake.

He cant actually levitate without the help of props!
I think the huge numbers of videos showing how the tricks are done should be enough evidence that these are tricks not some special god-like ability, but for some reason so many people still think its real.
Its almost comical how staged his shows are, and yet you guys think its real life.

Next your going to tell me that Howard Stern actually flew onto stage at the Video Music awards years ago.......the only difference was they didnt hide his levitating props.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qwenn
A little birdie has told me that Criss has been made aware of this thread and has read his way through it...

No surprise there.

Criss Angel and company have been monitoring this discussion and debate for a long time

On page 24 of this very thread: 1 Tru Criss Angel Fan provided eyewitness testimony that Criss Angel levitated him fifteen feet in the air.

Originally posted by 1 Tru Criss Angel Fan
Well, You See, I Know Criss Angel Personally. I Live Really Close To Him. I Visited His Secret Cabaret One Day, And He Said, "Now Alex, I Want You To Close Your Eyes." He Gave Me A Second Or Two And He Said "Is That Completed?" And I Said, "Check!" He Said, "Now Stick Your Hands Out, Cross Your Feet, And Your Fingers." I Said "Check!" And He Said, "Now, Breathe. Gently." And Right Then, I Lifted Into The Air, He Yelled "Open Your Eyes, You Motherfugger!" I Opened My Eyes, And I Was Levitated 15 Feet Off The Ground.

I would not be supprised if we don`t get a NEW contributor saying how spiritual C.A.s stunts are, in the near future.

It is not being able to do telekinesis, as that is a Gift of the Spirit, but rather if one is using that Gift to be in service to others, that counts.

Some new ramblings will make a welcome change to the habit of posting the same post, with a few words changed here and there, although from some accounts, his spelling will be equally erratic.

He can't spell?

Perhaps you could suggest to him to use a spell check.

Sure...bring on THE BIG GUY.

Not expecting anything new or different of course.

But at the very least it will make for a good laugh in seeing how he tries to squirm, dodge, and misdirect the members here, out of admitting that he has a Gift of Prana or Chi, or what I like to term Chi-Telekinesis.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

A little birdie has told me that Criss has been made aware of this thread and has read his way through it,

Can I play with the anti-grav device Criss? PWEEEEEEEZ?

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MrdDstrbr

Yeah...live long and prosper Criss Angel.

Seems you got the prosper part down already.

But don't use any ATS non-authorized anti-gravity or invisible wire equipment in this forum without explicit permission from the site owners.

Or at least a moderator

[edit on 22-2-2008 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Banacek, supposedly the best Mentalist, was tested and was able to fool them. Uri also fooled scientific testing. CA makes a good point 'if a psychic or medium had real powers, they would go and collect the 1M prize (now expired) offered by the James Randi Institute, but instead they work for $45 an hour, ripping people off'. I think Randi has just recently dropped the 1M challenge.

As for Criss caring about dying children and charities, he was just awarded the celebrity who did the most for the children's make a wish foundation. He is also active in the Rock for Cure campaign (fight for cancer).

We have NERVE to deny? And gaul and no shame? The horror of it all!

The things we "imagine" are actual physical objects, the props. Not imaginary energy beams emitting from some discarnate community of CHi Prana, transmtting from a secret location in some imaginary realm, a place none of them have visited, but believe exists nonetheless. A place that has been around for thousands of years but only helps 3 human beings ( the magicians with the best illusions of levitating)

We know props exist, we know magicians and Ilusionists use them, and we also know CA says he is faking the superntaural elements and detests people who claim they have powers (after their performance). We can't see the props to prove to you they've been used, because to do that we have to use CA's own film.

The idea behind a prop is that it must be obscured from view. Once you learn what this means, the quicker you'll learn how foolish you are to have believed otherwise. Or will you carry on pretending to believe he has powers as your co-opponant does?

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

I hope to go to his show too. It sounds like it will be well worth it. As I sad I don't expect to be disappointed or see any props! I bet he can do alot of things live and prove us all (both sides) wrong.

I enjoy watching him too Pavil. I wish I'd discovered him sooner.

[edit on 22-2-2008 by violet]

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Anyone here ever seen Mr. Angel 'swallow' about six needles, then a length of thread....and subsequently 'pull' the needles, already tied on the thread, out of his belly button?

It's a very clever, very creepy illusion. If anyone thinks it's really possible to swallow needles and thread them on a piece of string...oh, dear, I'm thinking about the cherry stem knot trick...might get me in trouble.

BTW, I know how the needle/thread is done, but don't ask, won't tell...and no one else should either!

new topics

top topics

<< 113  114  115    117  118  119 >>

join