It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

criss angel discussion...

page: 120
<< 117  118  119    121  122  123 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
It seems that you would enjoy the new act for September then. He is partially returning to some of his early stuff including Bird work, although from all accounts he intends to make this area a BIG part of the new show. He is pulling his hair out looking for an expert Bird Wrangler, who just happens to be a qualified Vet as well! There is talk of Big Birds and possibly Birds of Prey, although I don`t know what health and safety would have to say about this, as they say " watch this space ".

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

I personally think that he had an agenda, starting with the name Angel, then walking on water, then flying in a crucified position, especially the crossed feet at times. There are many more examples, but that is for others to ponder.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

It seems intentional that he wants to portray himself as Jesus, for whatever motives. Do you by chance happen to know what his use of the number 13 is about?

The birds sound really cool. I like his old performances.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

He's using the number 13 for the same reason he has black stringy hair and pouts a lot - he's trying to look tortured and mysterious. It's all part of his act.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

I can think of a number of reasons for him to use the number 13, but also have to agree that everytime Criss performs, he needs to outdoo himself the next time round. Bigger and better, is what is expected every time, so if you can`t come up with the goods, you have to develop your image to gain attention. The beard is a great new attraction, not everyone can grow a beard, a new ring, well thats a great gimmick, No, it should be the Magic that gets a new twist, let that speak for itself. I can see a lot of his clones now growing beards, perhaps even his female ones will be wearing false beards, it will be like a scene from " the life of Brian ".

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The beard's gone now!
Here's a short clip of his double strait jacket escape on Bourbon St a couple of days ago. Clean shaven!

I wasn't keen on the beard. Lol at the new bearded society! There are some women who do their hair like him, kind of strange ...

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

It`s more of a single straightjacket and a restraint blanket, both intended to restrain someone in a state of mental frustration. Both are fairly straightforward to escape from, by someone who is calm and methodical, especially if you are upside down, gravity is a great help. I think this is a cheap shot at Criss performing a simple stunt to a large, live crowd, just to keep people from saying that he simply does not do these things live. Why not something big, difficult, or dangerous? He even had the blanket hooked up to ropes from the ground, why, so that it could be pulled off of him, so an easy escape becomes even easier. In escapology the showmanship is the selling point not the escape itself, I feel in this he failed on both counts.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

I've always wondered if I could escape one of these. Then again I hope I never have to find out! I don't like being restrained in any type of situation, so I would probably fail if I had to be calm.

It does look cool though when he does this. You're right that he used a big live crowd for this stunt, because it was safe to do so. I'm still not convinced the Luxor float was ever really flimed in front of a live crowd. I was looking at the tape of it again last night, and when you zoom in, you can see his entire body is surrounded by pixels, indicating the footage was doctored with. His editing is quite sloppy. One wonders if it's just a case of him needing to hire someone more qualified to do this editing or if he purposely allows the exposure. Controversy has always been a great way for a celeb to garner more attention.

[edit on 9-3-2008 by violet]

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

I could teach you and you would probably be faster than me! I once taught a 14 year old girl how to pick handcuffs, she could get out in 7 seconds, twice as fast as me. It is all a matter of practice and as they say, practice makes perfect. As for the pixilated images, that just goes to show that all of C.A.s stuff is heavily pixilated and it won`t take a genius to realise that all is not as it looks. There is a very nieve video on you-tube at the moment showing how the Luxor float could have been done, wrong, but it at least shows that someone is on the right track, even if they have a limited knowledge of the facts. You have to combine the David Blaine Pillar feat and an illusion by a L.A. firm to come to the solution.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

If you lived close by I'd take you up on that! But I think we're Ocean's apart. I'm fairly good at slitheriing my way out of things, but I think it helps being a petite person. CA is small too, I think he wieghs about 168 lbs. As for the handcuffs. I wonder if I could manage that, and not sure if it would help, but I'm able to rotate my wrists / hands quite far. As in beyond normal. Or maybe it's my elbow joints turning them. It causes a slight strain and minimal pain to achieve. In fact this was the very first "physical demonstration" I saw CA do. It must have been first season, and I have the DVD and be dammed if I can find this segment on whatever episode it was on. He of course was wearing a baggy jacket, so one would not see his elbows also turning backwards, which looks quite strange. He was down on the ground in a push-up position, and this gives more leverage to turn even more. A random spectator tried along with him, but obviously failed at turning his hand as much as CA's, so he was freaked out just like people who've tried it with me. The trick CA used, was to start off in a certain positon, going for a bigger turn, but the other guy thinks he starts off the same (the jacket again hiding his wrists). It isn't a trick. Hiding under the jacket just hides the arms bending, to isolate the illusion being only the hand. At any rate, it comes in handy for unscrewing things or getting untangled! Other than that it's sometimes embarassing when I get "caught" twisting my arms further than I should. So far, I've not come across anyone ese who could do this, until I saw Criss do it. It's the one stunt I'm quite sure is no illusion.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
So Banacheck has left MF show.

Banachek Defends Criss Angel At College Show
... and tells why Criss Angel is falsely accused of using stooges in his popular series..

Banachek is no longer involved with the A&E series after serving as a consultant through the previous three seasons.

Source: ITricks

Video of Student interview with Banacheck. He mentions CA and stooges at the end of the tape. Hard to hear what he's saying

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

Cool website, lots of good magic videos there. Thanks

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
As I have said on this thread before, at this level of Magic, the performer is merely a frontman for the Inventors and advisors. C.A. likes to maintain that he invents and developes his own tricks, yet he still uses nearly all stock material, with the exception of the major stunts which are devised by his collaborators, this leaves a very narrow margin for him to bring his own things in. The time factor alone prevents new things to just be added, these take years in the making and consume a great deal of time and energy. He claims that he is always fully in control of the inventing, developing and staging of everything, except the concrete block escape when he said that this was the first time he had to let others take control. This is just not the case, when you consider that say the Copperfield snow in the theatre, effect. The audience see David making the magic in front of them, they don`t see the 30 odd crew behind the scenes operating the trick. It is obvious that Banachek and others will get a little jaded after a time by having their hard work passed off as someone elses skill and inventivness. I know it pays a shedfull of money to us behind the scenes crews, but to have someone else be disrespectful enough to constantly take the credit for your own work, well as they say, no amount of money can compensate for this!

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

Criss Angel is, in my opinion, 100% ego. He has worked hard, but now it seems, to me, that he has others working hard for him. Everything else is just showmanship.

Im glad to see this thread is once again, calm.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The problem now, as I see it, he is losing his biggest and best advisors, where doe`s he go from here? He can hire lower and lesser Advisors, but that has to impact on his finished product. The money is there, without doubt, but if you alienate the best, all you are left with are the lesser able. Alas, this then means that the C.A. spectacles, become a re-hash of the mainstream. How long will it be before C.A. is worth more dead, than alive? I personally think that he is on the slippery road down. If you reach too high, too soon, you will be burned. A legend is worth more than an actual Magician can ever be. C.A. R.I.P.

[edit on 10-3-2008 by Qwenn]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I thought he maintained HE invented the majority of his stunts?! In his book, he says he's constantly thinking how he can come up with new illusions! He goes on and on how he set fire to his parents living room, with some piro accident, or jumping off his rooftop or using the entire backyard to make his characters etc. His parents must be the most accomodating people ever! If one of my kids wanted to take control of our home, landscaping included, like he owned the joint, moving all the furniture and setting fires, he'd have another think coming. But whatever, good for them or him that they were so understanding. The point is, he lays it all out that he's been thinking up this stuff since early childhood. He conveniently has a load of home videos to prove it.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
members.aol.com...

members.aol.com...

Criss angel is part of a group entity.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by darcon

Yes, that is Paul Richards Belief, which he is entitled to. More than half of them are professed magicians and Illusionists.

[edit on 10-3-2008 by pavil]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

And you are entitled to your belief

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by darcon

Hey you even sound like Paul-Richard, Your profile pages are also very similar, I have a feeling that it is against the rules to have more than one account! There is even a David Blaine thread now which is bound to clock-up a similar amount of brownie points for the OP.

top topics

<< 117  118  119    121  122  123 >>

join