It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

criss angel discussion...

page: 111
<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Nonsense. The B to B was NOT an illusion with wires and paid actors..same old same old.

I am looking for PROOF of a prop, since you are accusing Criss of using them in the high levitations. Shwoing what you claim to be anomalies on some clips does not spell out props in the hiogh levitations by any means.

What you are then saying is that at the Luxor Criss did the same thing and faked it all, right? Bye bye. Too much time on nonsense.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Just what the chief of engineering at the Luxor told me: Criss was up there all alone, nothing had been added or attached to the hotel , no platforms were there and no mechanics were added to the hotel in any way to help with the event.

What Banachek meant was that it takes a long time to set an event like that up, gauging wind factors and a host of things that had to be taken into account so Criss could LEVITATE safely above the hotel peak. No big deal on a golf course where the ground is close and there is always a nice bunker to fall into...but 500 feet up they had to make sure that all factors were right to allow Criss to use his abilities far up high.

Babacheks words in NO WAY indicate that props were used, now do they? No, they do not. Never mentioned. Not there.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

Can you give us the name of the chief engineer, so that we can verify this?
It would help in the overall picture, so that we can verify the details. By the way, I have sustained a substantial back impaction by falling 10 feet on an experimental Levitation, onto dry grass, the golf course stunt was far higher than this, no wonder that my indemnity insurace bills are so high, I was unable to sue myself, but others can sue me for up to 10 Million pounds on my current insurance and it will be covered. I wonder what Criss angels insurance premiums are.

[edit on 17-2-2008 by Qwenn]

[edit on 17-2-2008 by Qwenn]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

You compare Criss Angel as a mentalist and mystifier to Britney Spears as a musician and dancer?

That is not really a fair comparison, as the former is better in what he does (because of his Gift) than the latter is at what she does.

Apples and oranges really.

IMHO, Spears appealed to a certain crowd of people that enjoyed her type of music and that is what made her wealthy. She is an established musician to be sure but I have never purchased any of her recordings or music videos, as she has no personal appeal to me.

Perhaps your implication is that someone with little or no talent can become wealthy as an entertainer. I would say "no" to that conclusion. Even though Spears doesn't do anything for me, she definitely is or at least was very talented in music and dance.

Britney Spears is more of a fad.

On the other hand, people who can do what Cyril Takayama, David Blaine, Derren Brown, Ehud Segev and our BUDDY and PAL for which this thread is dedicated - Criss Angel - generate a broader and more lasting interest in the mysterious for the public at large.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qwenn
Just a thought and observation about how Chi-Levitation makes the body so light that it simply floats, but how can a body so light, be able to stay in one place with a 40 to 60 miles an hour wind blowing. A soap bubble gets blown in the wind but a weightless body simply stays put. Call me a nit picker, but DOH! Chi- Power finally bites the dust and case closed!

Perhaps you should ask your "Chi experts" if it is possible for someone with Chi powers to stay stationary while levitating.

I have heard the rumor that before Criss Angel levitates, he takes a huge dump, which hardly surprises me as he is so full of it he would be almost weightless afterwards!

Now, now...do I detect some hostility from you towards THE BIG GUY?

Time for a Chi- break!

Time for a Chi-break indeed.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Well, I guess that would be a start in finding out that information.

I thought that maybe the self-proclaimed professional magician in this thread would chime in on the pricing for high-tech levitation equipment.

[edit on 17-2-2008 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86
reply to post by pavil

Just what the chief of engineering at the Luxor told me: Criss was up there all alone, nothing had been added or attached to the hotel , no platforms were there and no mechanics were added to the hotel in any way to help with the event.

What Banachek meant was that it takes a long time to set an event like that up, gauging wind factors and a host of things that had to be taken into account so Criss could LEVITATE safely above the hotel peak. No big deal on a golf course where the ground is close and there is always a nice bunker to fall into...but 500 feet up they had to make sure that all factors were right to allow Criss to use his abilities far up high.

Babacheks words in NO WAY indicate that props were used, now do they? No, they do not. Never mentioned. Not there.

The engineer was correct Nothing was added or attaced to the hotel nor were mechanics added to the hotel. For that you would need permits, inspections ect.

Never the less, if you read through his carefully chosen words, you will see that it allows for a device to be up there, just not mounted to the building. The engineer did not lie, he just didn't tell you the complete story and you didn't ask the right questions.

You will never believe me and that is fine. But as someone else mentioned if you are levitating at 500 feet in 30 to 60 mph winds, how do you not drift?

Grammer edit

[edit on 17-2-2008 by pavil]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
Originally posted by eyewitness86
reply to post by pavil

You will never believe me and that is fine. But as someone else mentioned if you are levitating at 500 feet in 30 to 60 mph winds, how do you not drift?

Well I would assume that the other end of the wire was tied to a heavy weight that was sitting on top the building.

[edit on 17-2-2008 by jfj123]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Paul_Richard

I was not offering to sell any equipment to any of the members on here, I have enough prospective customers of my own, as I have said to other members in u2u`s a new Levitation, which has not been used in public before would be way too much for a casual interest purchace. These are open to offers, which are astronomical prices due to the insurance premiums and to inventors rights issues. Even so I expect to see at least two professional membership certificates and other credentials before I will arrange a demo for them and £100 for a demo. That is why there will be no free demo`s on here, if they have been posted to view, then my future sales to the professional market would undoubtebly suffer as a result. If poeple could trace the source of an Illusion, it`s merrits would suffer. Criss did`nt even make this fundemental agreement with the suppliers of the Luxor float, more fool him, that is one of the reasons that I may seem anti Angel. It is not personal, it is professional. Pavil has provided a link to the suppliers of this miracle, who even boast that they have supplied to the Luxor, but of course you don`t want to believe professionals. I would call any amatuer and professional magicians who are members to come forward and try to enlighten the masses.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

The jist of your comments were that CA had to be the best and be extraordinarily talented to have a Tv show and become the most popular in his field. I provide you with an example of someone else in another field and you say the comparsion is not accurate? Being the Best and being the most popular in your field are not the same.

Was Ms. Spears the best singer, songwriter, vocalist or dancer in her field? NO. It's not about being the best in today's entertainment industry, it's about how the public perceives you. If you put together a compelling show or "persona" you can make millions in today's world. I never said that either CA or Ms. Spears weren't talented, just that they are not the most talented in their fields, but at the same time the most popular.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Hit me baby one more time! Chi- energy rocks my world, Chi-co, Harpo, Marco, Zepo, Groucho, and any other marx brothers who may have been invisible entities. This is getting even sillier.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

I was not offering to buy anything.

My intention was to just get your input on how much custom-made levitation equipment would cost. Even for low level levitations.

A ball park figure would be nice

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

The jist of your comments were that CA had to be the best and be extraordinarily talented to have a Tv show and become the most popular in his field.

Give that man a cigar

Hmmm...unhealthy.

Ok...give that man a drink of Noni juice

Diluted with orange juice of course...for flavor.

Was Ms. Spears the best singer, songwriter, vocalist or dancer in her field? NO.

On that we agree.

I never said that either CA or Ms. Spears weren't talented, just that they are not the most talented in their fields, but at the same time the most popular.

Criss Angel is a bum, to be sure.

But he has done things which no other magician or illusionist, wealthy or otherwise, has accomplished.

Which offers evidence that he does indeed have a Gift of Prana, Chi, etc.

[edit on 17-2-2008 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I'll take the cigar and NONI both are good in my book.

CA is very talented, I don't dispute that. He is not the best in all aspects fo magic however, his up close work is not nearly as good as some other magicans for example. Magic is a lot like being a lawyer or doctor, there are many specialty fields.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I think I quoted the figure a while back, but if I did this in a u2u then you won`t have seen it, a basic Levitation from me would be £3.000.00, that would be up to about £10.000.00 for something much better, then the individual, unique Illusion custom jobs would start at £20.000.00 upwards which include rigging crews, personal tuition, and insurance fees, these are open to offers, but usually come in at about £40.000.00 a piece. One of my inventions was partially pirated after being lodged at a notable Magical establishment, but I would not care to say who by, as it was probably sold to the performer as original. That was the problem faced by D.C. when his inventor lodged a patent for his stage Levitation. These things happen and we learn by experience, trust no-one as the saying goes.

O.K.!

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
reply to post by Qwenn

I was not offering to buy anything.

My intention was to just get your input on how much custom-made levitation equipment would cost. Even for low level levitations.

A ball park figure would be nice

For a levitation of 2-4 inches, it's free !

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I'll take the cigar and NONI both are good in my book.

Perhaps not at the same time however.

CA is very talented, I don't dispute that. He is not the best in all aspects fo magic however, his up close work is not nearly as good as some other magicans for example. Magic is a lot like being a lawyer or doctor, there are many specialty fields.

I really can't find anything here to disagree with.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

maybe you already answered this question but is there any way you can give us an idea how Criss Angel does his high levitations such as the one on the golf course? This might help us look for the "props" in the videos a bit better.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I think I quoted the figure a while back, but if I did this in a u2u then you won`t have seen it, a basic Levitation from me would be £3.000.00, that would be up to about £10.000.00 for something much better, then the individual, unique Illusion custom jobs would start at £20.000.00 upwards which include rigging crews, personal tuition, and insurance fees, these are open to offers, but usually come in at about £40.000.00 a piece. One of my inventions was partially pirated after being lodged at a notable Magical establishment, but I would not care to say who by, as it was probably sold to the performer as original. That was the problem faced by D.C. when his inventor lodged a patent for his stage Levitation. These things happen and we learn by experience, trust no-one as the saying goes.

O.K.!

Trust no one indeed.

Interesting appraisal and personal testimony on the subject.

I didn't realize you were a Brit.

Anyone up on the current rate of translating British currency to US dollars so I (and other Americans) can have an idea as to how much money we are talking about here?

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

google convert pounds to US currency for you.

top topics

<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join