It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Teen Sent To Gay "Treatment" Camp Against His Will

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit
Sending this young man to this detention center I mean help camp is going to further his stay in his homosexuality.

Well most homosexuals are actually forced into thinking that they are "gay" and they are different, its all a search for identity and recognition. Society and the media are to blame mostly for stereotyping the "gay person". They believe that if you have such and such traits then you are gay if not you are straight, now there is yet another new sexuality coming up called Asexual or something to that extent. Are these all not but desperate attempts at finding ones individuality, to define oneself!
Kids are at their most impressionable age in their teenage and with this kid, one who is highly informed, he choose to classify himself or rather brand himself as gay so that he could identify with a group or something. I have a strong feeling that if this kid grew up on a farm he would say he was straight but due to the perversion in society and his exposure he believes that he is such and such. I am not saying all kids should grow up in farm but the effect of our social dogmas on kids and the pressure it exerts on them to identify themselves.

C'mon folks, you that tout this is a good thing - when YOUR parents made you not do something you believed was ok, did you miraculously believe them and change your ways? Or, were you like ANY OTHER TEEN and become more hardened in your thought process; and at the same time, knowingly or unknowingly, start a process in your mind that will shut the parents out.

When I was 6 years old i didn't want to go to school, again when I was 13 I wanted to drive my fathers car and when i was 16 I wanted to party all night in clubs, my parents didn't let me do any of these things. Does that mean I hate them for it ? There are certain rules and codes we have to live by and our Parents being parents are our guardians and it is our duty to respect their wishes and to live up to the standard they set for us.
I hated school like almost every other kid does that mean my parents should have taken my feelings into consideration and let me stay at home and play all day! Their are decisions every parent takes that they feel is the best for their kid and it is their intention that their kids succeed in life. SO if this kid's parents say that he should go to this camp then he should go and try his best to get to know his inner self and try to rediscover himself if he can, he should make a sincere effort!
But if he feels that he is being tortured or being abused in any way then he should tell his parents and leave that place if it makes him very miserable.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
IAF101, we don't need Religion to be a moral person nor do we have to follow anyone specific religion to be a moral person. Religion should be educated to children when they are in their secondary stages of learning nor during the Primary states.

I am not talking about religion but of spirituality they are different entirely but religion is a path to spirituality. Children need to know that, you cannot teach them through punishment or some such, thats not the way its through security and wisdom can you show them the path to enlightenment!

The way you make it look, it seems to me you think to be moral/good you need to follow Religion? What about those that don't? Are their not good people in there as well? To me it looks like there are good and bad of every bunch be it Religious or non religious people. Just look at those Priests who molested boys, they were very Religious they followed Religion for most of their life and yet it still did not help them to be "Good".

Their is no "Good" or "Bad" person, its not black and white. And yes people who follow religion or know about religion are better people(i.e more civilized), this is evident in primitive cultures.
Religion is merely a path to civilization, a signpost to enlightenment, a guide to living. Can you deny this? You may say that atheists are not religious but they are "good" people! They may not believe religion but they whether they know it or not have embraced spirituality!
Actually most Athesits take the science route and after years of pondering they realize that science and faith are different things, its not about whether their is God or not but about whether you have found "GOD" or not! ( this last part is metaphorical! Do not be confused!) .
Finally about those Preists, they are merely religious and not spiritual! (Understand the difference! ). To them preaching is like shaving or somesuch, it is not about betterment !
Religion is important in a childs life, especially his formative years!

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
Their is no "Good" or "Bad" person, its not black and white. And yes people who follow religion or know about religion are better people(i.e more civilized), this is evident in primitive cultures.

What?
How is this evident?
Primitive cultures are much much more into Religion than more civilized ones.
Are you talking about monkeys or something?

Ever heard of the Dark Ages?
Oh man.. it's not even worth argueing.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Spirituality is relative to our enviroment. Nobody knows what is O.K and not O.K. by their Higher Power they can only assume such things from the Religious texts and teachers. So the morals we learn from being spiritual might be wrong.

How do we know if having more then one wife is O.K. or not? We assume from the texts given to us that it is or isn't. For all we know God might be fine with it? How do we know if divorce is O.K? Or homosexuality? We all assume we've found God but how do we know they're not a demon tricking you and taking you on the wrong path?

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Oh noes!

Not the dreaded "not jailing/killing teh homos causes empires to collapse" canard.

Do you have any evidence at all to back this BS?

(Hint "Jerry Fallwell said so" doesn't count as evidence.)

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
Do you have any evidence at all to back this BS?

Does this count as evidence:

The soldiers got busy pounding man ass mid battle and that is why they lost them?

Not due to the fact the Army they were fighting was better. :| But instead they just got busy with it on the battle-field?

There is no proof to back-up that claim, none what so ever. In fact the Greek Empire was at its largest when they began to stop pounding man ass not the other way around - but we just forget about that to proove our point.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Spirituality is relative to our enviroment. Nobody knows what is O.K and not O.K. by their Higher Power they can only assume such things from the Religious texts and teachers. So the morals we learn from being spiritual might be wrong.

I don't want to deviate but what you are saying is not what I mean at all!

I have never said that spirituality is about what god said and what he did not, it about discovering the spiritual side of a person, not the following of religious scriptures! That’s medieval!
Also spirituality is not relative, you know that it is wrong to kill a person, You feel bad when someone is sick or helpless even though you don't believe in god/religion. So it’s not about follow whets in the book but realizing whets within you!
Every culture, every person feels these things as part of their spiritual side, it is through religion that you can connect to this side!

[edit on 18-6-2005 by IAF101]

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ksnazdnzon
Primitive cultures are much much more into Religion than more civilized ones.
Are you talking about monkeys or something?

Ever heard of the Dark Ages?

Again you fail to comprehend! You see them as technologically primitive and not spiritually!
Cultures that have lower levels of Spirituality like cannibals show no remorse while killing, they merely exist instead of living, these are examples of lesser civilizations!
Also the Dark Ages were called so because man merely followed scriptures written in a book and not his voice within.
Sorry but this is a deviation from the original topic.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Yet again you define what is spiritual to you, not to others. To those people they might not think what they are doing is wrong. It is relative.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Yet again you define what is spiritual to you, not to others. To those people they might not think what they are doing is wrong. It is relative.

Yes! You understand now, Homosexuality is also the same thing!
If we are to tolerate/accept homosexuality as normal human behavior do we accept cannibalism as normal human behavior as well?
So tomorrow I should be able to go outside and kill someone on the street and eat him, if I am condoned then I say that this is a natural thing and genetic and other such excuses! I should be set free and should be allowed to hold marches to support the right to eat humans, should be allowed to freely mix with people and should not be the victim of prejudice!.
A 17 year old should be able to tell his parents that he is a cannibal and his parents should be able to realize his view point and be "progressive" enough to accept this!
Is this really possible? If you can justify it for cannibalism then you can justify it for homosexuality!

[edit on 18-6-2005 by IAF101]

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Yes! You understand now, Homosexulity is also the same thing!
If we are to tolerate/accept homosexulaty as normal human behaviour do we accept cannibalism as normal human behaviour as well?
So tommorow I should be able to go outside and kill someone on the street and eat him, if I am condoned then I say that this is a natural thing and genetic and other such excuses!

But there is one major difference. Homosexuality does not harm anyone nor does anyone have to die for it to happen and it has also been shown to happen in both animals as well as humans. For all we could know it could be a natural way to control the population? Like they reckon happens in animals?

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The difference is quite obvious IAF. Practicing cannibalism injures others in your society, your example of killing and eating another citizen; there is a very clear victim.

If I'm gay, that has absolutely no effect on your ability to live your life.

It's a victimless 'crime', except in the eyes of religious dogmatics, who perceive it as an afront to nature, despite the copious evidence suggesting it's quite natural.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   

But there is one major difference. Homosexuality does not harm anyone nor does anyone have to die for it to happen

So necrophillia is acceptable then? As a person has already died so no one has to die, the deed has already been done!
So if someone chooses to be cannibalized then it is okay?

For all we could know it could be a natural way to control the population? Like they reckon happens in animals?

It could, the human population is ballooning so will this be an effective balancing measure? Cannibalism?

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Odium beat me to it.

IAF
I also wanted to say, your comment about how cannibals are not spiritual, that was very ignorant. If you studied pre-industrial hunter/gatherer cultures, you would know that they are awash in every sort of spirituality, from animism to faith healing, and oftentimes the practice of cannibalism is an extension of their beliefs (consuming the soul, attaining the properties of the victim, remembering the deceased - such as when one family member eats the remains of another)

Various dogmas frown on homosexuality for a very obvious reason, it doesn't increase the flock, and by proxy, it doesn't increase the religious authority's power. If more catholics become gay, that means fewer catholics have babies, and that has a direct impact on the fullness of the collection plate. Get it?

Religious disdain for homosexuality is a sham, it's blatant profit protection.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   

That is the problem with America today. Those of you who think everything is relative. There is only grey...no black and white. No one willing to stand in face of adversity and say, "this/that is wrong."

For those on the refuting side, show YOUR proof. You say BS this, and BS that...and that's it. Empty words from an empty agruement.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
It's a victimless 'crime', except in the eyes of religious dogmatics, who perceive it as an afront to nature, despite the copious evidence suggesting it's quite natural.

Not true! You expose me to a depraved level of exsistence! Thereby morally corrupting me and my society! You spiritually assault me, you insidiously change my society's ethics and moral values that my society holds dear!
What about the spiritual anguish people face?
Also cannibalism is very natural, infact more abundant naturaly than homosexuality! Why don't we see more cannibals than gays around?

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   

But there is one major difference. Homosexuality does not harm anyone nor does anyone have to die for it to happen

So necrophillia is acceptable then? As a person has already died so no one has to die, the deed has already been done!
So if someone chooses to be cannibalized then it is okay?

I like the way you jump to an extreme to back up your view. Let me put it like this:
Person A and B are both adults, they are both of the same sex, they have sexual relations, that's none of our businesses because nobody gets hurt.

Going around eating people, killing people or having sexual relations is wrong. It's fairly simple to understand the large difference between the two of these. However with the case in Germany where the person wanted to be eaten - I really am un-decided on such a thing. They were adults, they decided that's what they wanted to do, I don't think I can really tell them they were wrong to do that - even if I do find it some-what sickening.

For all we could know it could be a natural way to control the population? Like they reckon happens in animals?

It could, the human population is ballooning so will this be an effective balancing measure? Cannibalism?

Yet again you jump to an extreme. Homosexuality does not have to involve harm to anyone - cannibalism tends to involve harming someone.

None of us our God, none of us can tell someone how to live their life as long as they don't harm anyone else . As soon as they harm someone then what they are doing is wrong.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadMojo
That is the problem with America today. Those of you who think everything is relative. There is only grey...no black and white. No one willing to stand in face of adversity and say, "this/that is wrong."

For those on the refuting side, show YOUR proof. You say BS this, and BS that...and that's it. Empty words from an empty agruement.

We did, I've even quoted books for you and several people gave you links about homosexuality in animals.

www.365gay.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
news.nationalgeographic.com...

List geos on.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Not true! You expose me to a depraved level of exsistence! Thereby morally corrupting me and my society! You spiritually assault me, you insidiously change my society's ethics and moral values that my society holds dear!

They don't at all. You pick to talk to homosexuals, to watch homosexuals on television or in movies.

The whole "subjecting" people to "their" morals was used to promote segregation in the 1800's...

They changed everything that society held dear for the better. :|

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
IAF
If you studied pre-industrial hunter/gatherer cultures, you would know that they are awash in every sort of spirituality, from animism to faith healing, and oftentimes the practice of cannibalism is an extension of their beliefs (consuming the soul, attaining the properties of the victim, remembering the deceased - such as when one family member eats the remains of another)

I know about cannibalism and its practices, as i have said earlier in my posts, the truely learned know the huge difference between religion and spirituality, these people merely followed religion and not to attain spirituality, not to find a path so to speak!
Also your insinutaion that Catholics have some nefarious plan to propagate to fill the world is mistaken, I feel that blind accusations shows true ignorance and this leads to fear! It is not only the Cahtolics but also all faiths and culture s that find homosexuality reprihensible just as cannibalism is found reprihensible in most cultures!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join