It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Teen Sent To Gay "Treatment" Camp Against His Will

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Oh gee wings, Stumbled upon this thread, started reading the comments, thought to myself will I add a comment thouught wth I will.

Just to touch on a few things. This kid who is being sent to be rehabilitated (if thats what yoiu want to call it), is this not against his basic human rights? Do you lot have human rights over there? Can this not be challenged in a court to stop the parents from sending this guy to that place to be brainwashed....

Homosexuality is immoral...nuff said.

Oh boi,
, if this is immoral, so is masturbating, so is stealing, so is adultery, just because you fancy someone from the same sex does not make you immoral, so please get off your high horse.... It is people who make statement like this in the world today to cause hate...

Instead, he led a double life, eventually dying of AIDS a few years ago.

That makes me sad, knowing that he himself deep inside couldnt even come out and tell anyone without, a backlash or ridicule for being who he was.

I know of alot of friends who have had to lead double lives, because they do not want to be ridiculed by mainstream society or family members, because of their sexuality. When you get strong urges as some young homosexuals do it is difficult for some to keep their emotions and urges to themselves.

Homosexuality is a disease, homosexuals need treatment.

And where is your proof may I ask, show me any scientific articles that claim that homosexuality is a disease??? And please not some christian backed article. Show 100% proof of this?

An another thing how does anyone in here know for a certain that you are not born gay, some know from an early age that they, are attracted to the same sex, doesnt just hit them out if the blue.. And nor does it make them sick either. I hope this guy gets someone to challenge this for him in a court. If he doesnt do anything about this, could even make the situation worse than better.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I thought I had killed this thread off - guess not.

See this link: Here

I am sorry, but these days it is excepted you can't change someone. IF they do not find a woman attractive, they do not and it is hard to argue for forcing them to want to be with them.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
To all the bible thumpers out there, If god didn't make people gay, did he make animals gay? They don't have the same conscious decision making abilities that we have right? So that means that whatever sexuality they have was put there by God right?

www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2004/02/07/MNG3N4RAV41.DTL

(02-07) 04:00 PDT New York -- Roy and Silo, two chinstrap penguins at the Central Park Zoo in Manhattan, are completely devoted to each other. For nearly six years now, they have been inseparable. They exhibit what in penguin parlance is called "ecstatic behavior": That is, they entwine their necks, they vocalize to each other, they have sex. Silo and Roy are, to anthropomorphize a bit, gay penguins.

When offered female companionship, they have adamantly refused it. And the females aren't interested in them, either.

It's genetic people, wake up and think for yourselves, rather than letting a 2000yo book do it for you.

[edit on 12-3-2007 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I assume we have lost this lad to the fundamentalist machinery. Let his sacrifice be a warning to others regarding movements like these.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
There is no way to make the feelings go away, just repress them enough for someone to go insane.

Has anyone ever seen that movie where Ben Stiller is a psycho health nut counselor at a fat camp? Eventually the kids revolt and start eating all they want because of the overbearing and downright abusive nature of the counselors.

It would be hilarious if that happened here. All of the gay children end up coming out of the camp flaming, and with dozens of phone numbers for later use.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   

"I would rather you commit suicide than have you leave Love In Action wanting to return to the gay lifestyle. In a physical death you could still have a spiritual resurrection; whereas, returning to homosexuality you are yielding yourself to a spiritual death from which there is no recovery."

isn't suicide an unforgivable sin? i was pretty sure if you commit suicide there is no forgiveness, you just go straight to hell.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
wow , itresting, then you should remember where you were boren if you know for sure that you were boren that way, well do you remember anything when you were boren?
I can't even remember exact things from when I was 5, and I can berly remember from when I was 3 not to talk about lower ages because I don't remember anything ,so how do you know you were boren that way? because the gay comunity tells you?, kids are very curios while developing their thoughts at a very eartly stage.

If you believe it was a choice on your part, then at some point you were obviously bi-sexual. What made you decided which sex you would be attracted too?

If you can't remember what you did on your first birth day I would say give credit to the science guys, they say that unlike deficencies from genetic disorders beying gay is just a choice.

And let me give you an example, mary likes things that taste sweet jhon likes things that are sour, but none of them are boren with an apetite for sweets or sour tastes, they just pick them up while they are growing and decide if they are going to like them or not.
People are boren with disorders, for example heart disorders , those things are genetic, but who likes disorders? and agrees with them?, no one, disorders do not influence what you would like later in life, that comes from expiriace while developing and it's not destiny.
It's been established that tastes are not related to any genetic factor, they just come from expiriance.
It's imposible for the brain to have such caracteristics, the brain at first is like a formatated hard disk with no information at all, it then begins to form linked paterns and to colect information once it is in contact with the outside word.
Further more, it's been established that there are no diffrence as in chemical composition compared to a person that is straight.

Seriously, I'd like to know, since if we can understand what makes someone "choose" to be heterosexual, we will be a long way towards understanding why someone else might choose to be gay..

Because some how people get influenced at a very early age, they have a visual of an object or they see some one some how diffrent and they get influenced when the brain is just begining to develope.

[edit on 18-3-2007 by pepsi78]

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
My tax dollars better not be going to that camp.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by iceofspades

Christians happen to what God's rule is on this issue and how to cure it because God speak directly to them and only to them- No one else. All other religions feel the same about this. Clearly religion is not an answer for anything or anyone- but hey there is so much catching up to do and everything and everyone at their own pace.

Hopefully this teen will come back from camp with useful terror tactics and show his parents what he has learned!

I wonder after he's "saved" and now has access to God- what God's message will be via this teen- via Christianity, via Jesus Christ and hence, to his parents(?)

[edit on 25-3-2008 by dk3000]

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join