It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Teen Sent To Gay "Treatment" Camp Against His Will

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I see that is a problem with some postings. Instead of debating the views stated, people resort to name calling and personal attacks on posters. How mature. ...... not..

Back to the article...has anyone heard on how this lad is getting on ?

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Asking a gay person or forcing them to be heterosexual would be like trying to get your classic heterosexual leave it to beaver parents to become gay

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
This thread has gotten quite long any many good points have been made. It will be interesting to see how this all turns out.

When I was growing up as a gay teen I was preached to by a man at our local church about the sins of my "chosen" lifestyle and how he was saved from it through the help of God and the support of his church. He was no longer gay and was able to marry, have two beautiful children and gain the acceptance of his family, church and community.

This would have been back in about 1980 and it sounds like a real success story and a testament to his faith and conviction because he was now trying to help others find their way out of this evil gay world.

The sad truth is: I witnessed him having unprotected sex in a gay bar a few months later. He was lying to everyone just to gain approval, and who knows what diseases he has brought home to his wife. And if she did catch something, I'm sure he would blame her for infidelity. His position in the community was too important to him.

Having been around, I see a lot of married men having gay relationships or trists because it is too socially unacceptable to be open and honest about how they realy feel. It's very sad in a way, because the truth comes out and they hurt those that love them the most.

Good luck to this kid sent to Gay Camp, I think he'll need it. If they don't "cure" him, he will just learn to hide it. It's the truth that sets you free, not more lies.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
i feel sorry for this kid i couldnt even imagine what it would be like to be gay and sent to some camp because of it by your parents. hope everything works out for him

[edit on 9-3-2007 by xHADEEZx]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
My question is if homosexuality is not a choice then it should be able to be treated as an abnormal condition to which there is therapy no different than mental psychosis or personality disorders.

If it is a choice, it should be allowed to be outlawed.

There's thusly nothing wrong with sending this child to gay elimination camp anymore than sending a person with a disorder to any rehabilitation center.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
It's not a choice, and even if it was, it would be wrong to outlaw it.

It is not a disorder, it is a natural aspect of nature, that is shared by
every mammal species, and to lesser extents other species.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Theres a thing called free will.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Investor
My question is if homosexuality is not a choice then it should be able to be treated as an abnormal condition to which there is therapy no different than mental psychosis or personality disorders.

This attitude makes the assumption that homosexuality should be classified as an abnormal mental condition. I'm sure many would differ.

The primary argument and motivation of those espousing a 'cure' for homosexuality is that it's evil...an abomination before God. On the surface, the crux of this issue has everything to do with a theological perspective related to ultimate salvation...and little to do with societal norms...but the reality is that it's mostly about fear...my opinion.

Psychotics represent a danger to themselves and to the community...the same can be said for the narcissist, and the sociopath...I don't see how homosexuality equates here?

I doubt that homosexuality, is any more cure-able that heterosexuality.

Peace &
Good Fortune
OBE1

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Only goes to show there's always some ready to advocate someone else's "re-education".

[edit on 10-3-2007 by kegs]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I think I get it now...

those people who bash homosexuals for "choosing" their lifestyle, and try to "convert" them back, must honestly believe that it's a choice thing.

Surely they would only think that if at some point in their own lives they faced a similar "choice". As a heterosexual, I never faced that choice. I was attracted to women from as early as I can remember, but those who claim it is a choice must have at some point found both women AND men sexually attractive..

So maybe John stewart was right? The anti-gay types really are mainly closet homosexual/bi-sexual!

dang, it's so obvious when you think about it!

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 06:31 AM
link   
How sad for parents to be so unaccepting of what God made for them. If they feel that their son "learned" to be gay, just like how they think he can "learn" to be straight, then they have to ask themselves where they went wrong with their parenting skills.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Ok bottom line, if your only son were gay there-by unable to spread your seed and family name, that's pretty F-ed up and that kid SHOULD be re-habilitated as if afflicted with a mental disease.

End of story.

It's easy for you to talk about losing a family line - so why don't you just go and kill yours off instead?

Homosexuality is natural? Then why can't homosexuals breed other homosexuals?

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Ok bottom line, if your only son were gay there-by unable to spread your seed and family name, that's pretty F-ed up and that kid SHOULD be re-habilitated as if afflicted with a mental disease.

End of story.

It's easy for you to talk about losing a family line - so why don't you just go and kill yours off instead?

So as a male I have a responsibility to spread my genes and family name? Who exactly do you think you are that you have the right to tell me that?

I'm hetero-sexual and will never have children by choice because I have faulty genes and have chosen not to reproduce. You're saying I have to reproduce huh? LOL Kiss my...

Vas

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Or maybe the parents should have hedged their bets and had more than one child, if continuing the line was so important to them?

And what's to stop the father having more children?

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by nowthenlookhere

Or maybe the parents should have hedged their bets and had more than one child, if continuing the line was so important to them?

And what's to stop the father having more children?

So then the welp that cannot produce children by this argument is worthless and may be discarded as a waste of resources? Pull a Sparta on him? Since he can't function appropriately in society discard his wretched form into the fires and put all the resources on his heterosexual brother.

Yeah...

I concur.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasilis Azoth

End of story.

So as a male I have a responsibility to spread my genes and family name? Who exactly do you think you are that you have the right to tell me that?

I'm hetero-sexual and will never have children by choice because I have faulty genes and have chosen not to reproduce. You're saying I have to reproduce huh? LOL Kiss my...

Vas

I agree, you have faulty genes, do not breed. And like a homosexual whose genes are also faulty - if there were a cure for both of you it should be administered.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   

So then the welp that cannot produce children by this argument is worthless and may be discarded as a waste of resources? Pull a Sparta on him? Since he can't function appropriately in society discard his wretched form into the fires and put all the resources on his heterosexual brother.

Yeah...

I concur.

Err... WTF are you on about? You said a gay person should be re-educated so that his parents get to continue the line. I said if the parents are so bothered about continuing the line they should have more children themselves..

Maybe if you calm down, swallow that anger of yours, and try reading my post again, you might understand it.

or maybe not.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Yeah...

I concur.

Err... WTF are you on about? You said a gay person should be re-educated so that his parents get to continue the line. I said if the parents are so bothered about continuing the line they should have more children themselves..

Maybe if you calm down, swallow that anger of yours, and try reading my post again, you might understand it.

or maybe not.

Maybe if you looked at the hypocrisy of your argument you'd realize that there is no way to justify homosexuality based on NATURAL LAW.

Whether or not homosexuality is to be tollerated is a human choice and in this society it's probably best left to the parents and individuals not to the government.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Hmmm..

I guess you didn't understand it. I should have guessed. Oh well. it's your hatred. You enjoy it..

just watch that blood pressure.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Maybe if you looked at the hypocrisy of your argument you'd realize that there is no way to justify homosexuality based on NATURAL LAW.

Considering the degree to which current research is finding that homosexuality is common in nature, I'd say your argument appears to be flawed.

"Treatment" camps like this are little more than child abuse.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join