It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Teen Sent To Gay "Treatment" Camp Against His Will

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Ditto what xmotex said.

Great article, btw! Where I went to high school, when I needed to offer evidence for my point that "homosexuality is common among other animals," I usually just point folks in the direction of the local dairy farm. The workers there were always willing to offer tales of the lesbian-cows.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Homosexuality is a disease, homosexuals need treatment.
Hell, someone had to be the devil's advocate.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

Maybe if you looked at the hypocrisy of your argument you'd realize that there is no way to justify homosexuality based on NATURAL LAW.

Considering the degree to which current research is finding that homosexuality is common in nature, I'd say your argument appears to be flawed.

"Treatment" camps like this are little more than child abuse.

You mean as common in nature as parkinson's disease or autism etc.

What's your point?

My point is it is a genetic malfunction - and should be treated as a condition.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   

What's your point?

Unlike Parkinsons, Autism, etc, homosexuality does not impair an individual's health or ability to function in any way.

How are they even remotely similar?

Should other non-harmful human variations (left handedness, freckles, etc...) also be treated as "conditions"?

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Investor
Maybe if you looked at the hypocrisy of your argument you'd realize that there is no way to justify homosexuality based on NATURAL LAW.

Natural law? As on what occurs in nature? Have you ever read about the Cnemidophorus Uniparens species (Desert Whiptail Lizards). Ask yourself, if God was so against homosexuality, then why is it that all of these lizards of this particular species are all female?

All the male species of the lizards have been extinct. The question that arises is how the species can repopulate if there are no species of male to reproduce with. They produce offspring through the process of 'parthenogenesis,' in which the females produce self fertilized eggs. The female species of the lizards will stimulate sexual activity by one lizard placing its body over the other female's and sliding its body over the female's, as what would happen if a male were having intercourse. This "tricks" both bodies of the females into producing a fertilized egg, by causing the body to create double the amount of chromosomes. This process occurs naturally in many species of animals, and can also occur within species of only males.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Yes, xmotex. Left-handedness is an ABOMINATION before the LORD!!

(jk... maybe...)

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

What's your point?

Unlike Parkinsons, Autism, etc, homosexuality does not impair an individual's health or ability to function in any way.

How are they even remotely similar?

Should other non-harmful human variations (left handedness, freckles, etc...) also be treated as "conditions"?

Are you kidding me? It impairs an individual's ability to breed. That's pretty serious if all the Human race turned gay it'd die out.

Your arguments seriously won't hold-up you've been fed dog sheisse for a while now and have come to believe that a personal choice cannot be rejected by society - you may as well argue that murder is not wrong or that embezzlement is ok because that hurts no one...a fraction of a penny from a transaction...whatever.

Get over yourself.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

Natural law? As on what occurs in nature? Have you ever read about the Cnemidophorus Uniparens species (Desert Whiptail Lizards). Ask yourself, if God was so against homosexuality, then why is it that all of these lizards of this particular species are all female?

All the male species of the lizards have been extinct. The question that arises is how the species can repopulate if there are no species of male to reproduce with. They produce offspring through the process of 'parthenogenesis,' in which the females produce self fertilized eggs. The female species of the lizards will stimulate sexual activity by one lizard placing its body over the other female's and sliding its body over the female's, as what would happen if a male were having intercourse. This "tricks" both bodies of the females into producing a fertilized egg, by causing the body to create double the amount of chromosomes. This process occurs naturally in many species of animals, and can also occur within species of only males.

Sounds like modified asexual reproduction so stop with your smoke and mirrors please.

And PS

This differs from left-handedness because left-handed people can procreate.

I suppose women might through technology be able to be lesbian - but male fags are simply screwed...no pun intended.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Why did someone revive this thread?

This is so old I'm sure the guy is now either straight as an arrow or independent from his parents and enjoying gay sex as often as he likes....

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Are you kidding me? It impairs an individual's ability to breed. That's pretty serious if all the Human race turned gay it'd die out.

It has no effect whatsoever on an individual's ability to breed, simply their desire to. By the same flawed logic we should be locking up and "treating" any heterosexual that fails to breed as well.

Your arguments seriously won't hold-up you've been fed dog sheisse for a while now and have come to believe that a personal choice cannot be rejected by society - you may as well argue that murder is not wrong or that embezzlement is ok because that hurts no one...a fraction of a penny from a transaction...whatever.

My arguments won't hold up?

To advance the absurd argument that homosexuality is a choice, you must in effect be saying that people reach a point at which they choose what gender they are attracted to. IE you are saying that at one point you were attracted to both your own gender and the opposite, but then chose only to be attracted to the opposite.

So please explain to us when you chose to not be attracted to your own gender, and maybe you'll convince someone the "choice" argument has merit

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadMojo
Homosexuality is immoral...nuff said.

wow and i thought the intolerance level could get no lower sorry if someone else already commented on this dude but i will say the king denys his ignorance!!! badmojo dont mean to be rude but if you cant handle homosexuality then go somewhere where you dont have to hear/deal about it cause here we are tolerant and theres nothign wrong with it hell two of my altime best friends are gay and they act no differanlty then my strait friends, ok so become tolerant or leave easy to follow easy to obey!

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Ok Xmotex...compromise.

Homosexuals need to produce offspring for their family at the ORDER of a parent (the parents don't need to issue such orders).

Only then can you justify their gayness.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Ok Xmotex...compromise.

Homosexuals need to produce offspring for their family at the ORDER of a parent (the parents don't need to issue such orders).

Only then can you justify their gayness.

A parent has no place ordering there offspring to do anything like that.

Oh, and it is possible with technology for two women or two men, or
an infertile wo/man and there significant other to produce ofspring.

Apart from that,t eh world is already overpopulated enough as it is,
we don't need to be forcing people to have kids.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by BadMojo
Homosexuality is immoral...nuff said.

I'm with you on that.

If people are becoming homosexual, because they want to stop over-population... then those who become homosexual are really insecure. If you don't want to be a contributor to over-population, then don't have sex. If you can't control your urges... then there is something wrong.

And if its because the person wants to be loved (by the same sex)... then its even worse. If no-one loves you, thats tough love. If you must be loved by another man/woman, then you are really insecure and can't live with yourself.

Homosexuality = Insecurity

Insecurity is a sign of weakness. IMO

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
In 99.99999% of the cases you don't choose to be homosexual, you are or you arent. There are a couple of overly exentric people who are homosexual as some sort of twisted fashion statement and imho they are the real sick ones for going that far just to get attention.

Anyway, the argument about the overpopulation mechanism is that homosexuality is automaticly induced in people to prevent overpopulation of the species (which is probably the most pressing problem on earth next to global warming). The overpopulation mechanism argument is not one of choise.

All species have protections against overpopulation and some of these mechanisms are even more ingenious then homosexuality.

There are types of frogs and reptiles and many kinds of fish which have a 3de chromosome type that allows some males of the species to change from male to female sexual organs whenever the population balance requires this.

People are still just mammals, and eventhough we have left most of our instincts behind and have learned to do most things by reasoning and thinking, alot of our life is still biology doing its thing, no matter if we want it or not.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
In 99.99999% of the cases you don't choose to be homosexual, you are or you arent.

There is no such thing as a boren homosexual.
It's not like people get boren that way, scientificaly there is no proof of that, there is no gay gene, or cells in the brain that would make some one gay, scientists pointed out this many times lately because of the confusion that people thought there was some kind of thing making people gay from birth, this of course is exploited by the gay comunity, but acording to the scientific comunity the big smoking gun was that people are not boren that way, it's just how some one grows up and is influenced while growing up, it's a choise after all.

[edit on 11-3-2007 by pepsi78]

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
it's just how some one grows up and is influenced while growing up, it's a choise after all.

At what age did you decided not to be attracted to members of your own sex? For me I never had the choice, as I was born hetersexual.

If you believe it was a choice on your part, then at some point you were obviously bi-sexual. What made you decided which sex you would be attracted too?

Seriously, I'd like to know, since if we can understand what makes someone "choose" to be heterosexual, we will be a long way towards understanding why someone else might choose to be gay..

Was it parental pressure that made you abandon your attractiion to the same sex? peer pressure? tv/culture?

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by nowthenlookhere

At what age did you decided not to be attracted to members of your own sex? For me I never had the choice, as I was born hetersexual.

If you believe it was a choice on your part, then at some point you were obviously bi-sexual. What made you decided which sex you would be attracted too?

I kind of half agree with this. I don't think you are born with a sexual orientation at all. Guys are born with penises which they will eventually learn how to use and what their function is. But that is still dependent on the child's upbringing and influences. Most people grow up thinking that heterosexuality is the way to go, and a few grow to believe that homosexuality is the way.

You aren't born bi-sexual. You're born unsexual and as you grow up you create your own definitions of what a partner should be. Some people's are just very different from others.

More on topic though, whatever your stance on sexuality is, whether you think it's ok, wrong, a disease, whatever; nothing deserves being 'treated' in the way that some of the posters have told stories about 'gay camps'.

[edit on 11/3/2007 by malganis]

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Frankly I don't care if someone is born Gay or not, What I care about is the civility of the discussion as it is played out on this board.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

Please keep the conversation civil or stronger measures will have to be taken to enforce the T&C's.

mrwupy

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I'd just like to add this, so there is not further confusion.

Scientists do not know exactly why people are gay.

However, the majority of the scientific community feel it is a mixture of
nature and nurture, it is not purely nature, and it is not purely how you
are raised.

And it is NOT a decision.

In my opinion, all people are bisexual, but as they grow they end up
leaning towards refering one gender over the other, and than there
are those who don't change very much from the original state, and like
both genders equally.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join