It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Teen Sent To Gay "Treatment" Camp Against His Will

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
He's a minor child. His parents can send him anywhere they want to, as long as it is otherwise legal. There's a school in Harlingen, TX, that would get his little patootie squared away.

nobody here is disputing the fact that the parents do have a legal right to send their child to that camp. As long as he's a minor he has to depend on his parents to make the choices for him. No matter how f*cked up or misguided they may be.

Yeah.. where the hell do you get off with throwing us legal stuff.. I couldn't care less if it was legal or not.

The point is the choice is misguided and will only cause harm.

The fact you think LEGAL = MORAL disturbs me.
I actually wanted to make a post on that.. in debates on morality frequently I see members posting laws.. Do they really think they are proving anything?

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azza
No child should be shown, taught or given anything of a theological nature before their 18......we're just to impressionable.

I've always thought that.. actually I've thought 15, after the first 6 years of brain development and moral development and then after.. any changes.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   

He's a minor child. His parents can send him anywhere they want to, as long as it is otherwise legal.

As has been the excuse of the religious with the 'guiding' hand of the church, whatever church, for centuries.

Examples are too many to list. How about the Magdalens Sisters? (they made a film of it after all..
)

Impure harlot girls getting 'rescued' in the name of Christ.

Well, they meant well eh...? Different times, never happen now, yadda yadda yadda...

(Not quite, the last home closed in 1996. Scary huh?)

[edit on 17-6-2005 by kegs]

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 03:51 AM
link   

He's a minor child. His parents can send him anywhere they want to, as long as it is otherwise legal. There's a school in Harlingen, TX, that would get his little patootie squared away.

I have friends who attended MMA (Marine Military Academy) in Harlingen. Among their hazing rituals is one called a "blinky." It involves a cadet ejaculating in a sleeping cadet's eyes.

Not so "square," in actuality.

Not to mention the prostitutes in Mexico that the cadets visit...

On topic, though, I wonder - this school claims to change so many aspects of an individual's psychology, are they perhaps practicing psychology without a license?

Zip

[edit on 6/18/2005 by Zipdot]

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 04:19 AM
link   
If you don't accept the Bible, both testaments, read the history of civilizations.Every great civilization of the past made similar mistakes that brought their downfall.
As the society advanced, more leisure was available; at least to the wealthy, the intellectual, the ones in power. Soon, morals became lax. All sexual deviances became acceptable. Anarchy became the rule of the day.

What this present society is witnessing is the collapse of civilization from within.

BTW, I agree with BadMojoII. He has tried to maintain a degree of dignity in the face of your vicious assaults on his character and intelligence. I for one believe that he should no longer condone your arrogant insults and should take his much superior brain to another forum ---- one with people who allow open discussion without resorting to the mentality of a pack of wolves. The rest of you should remain here and "preach to the choir"

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I do not condone the gay/lesbien culture but this young man still lives under the roof of his parents. Sending him to a retreat for "curing" is just funny as hell. Sounds as if the parents went just a tad overboard on the issue. I would have suggested some intense counseling and if the boy had the same mind set about being gay let it be so. Being gay is not a subject that is taught but it is a rather genitically based issue.

[edit on 18-6-2005 by FLYIN HIGH]

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by chanteuse
BTW, I agree with BadMojoII. He has tried to maintain a degree of dignity in the face of your vicious assaults on his character and intelligence. I for one believe that he should no longer condone your arrogant insults and should take his much superior brain to another forum ---- one with people who allow open discussion without resorting to the mentality of a pack of wolves. The rest of you should remain here and "preach to the choir"

And are you, chanteuse, currently badmojo in disguise?

Because, even though I just started reading the threat, I've seen everyone else do a pretty marvelous job of tripping Old Mojo up with such clever devices as logic and critical thinking.

I didn't know that we could pick out other names and defend ourselves??
I mean, seriously chanteuse, you did everything but admire his granite features and feathered hair. I especially like the part about his "much superior brain", you gotta start writing the pulp novels and such. I haven't heard such cliche, hackneyed dialog in my entire life.

And, they're not a pack of wolves, they're dingos.

I know, because a dingo ate my baby.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   

If you don't accept the Bible, both testaments, read the history

I truely wish you people (Bible touters) would get your act together and figure out WHICH you are going to profess. What I see on this site and in the real world is that it is subject dependant. One thread it is professed the OT went nil when the NT came in and took over, another thread, here, it's accept BOTH testaments. Another prime example of bending your words to suite your cause.

Ugh

To have subject relativity to my post - I think this SUCKS !!! I had a family member sent to a girls school in another state. Can't have a pregnant 14yr old in CHURCH CAN WE !!! So, now, there is a young man in the world, with the belief his real family disowned him - and rightly so that belief, cause we (they) did.

Sending this young man to this detention center I mean help camp is going to further his stay in his homosexuality. C'mon folks, you that tout this is a good thing - when YOUR parents made you not do something you believed was ok, did you miraculously believe them and change your ways? Or, were you like ANY OTHER TEEN and become more hardened in your thought process; and at the same time, knowingly or unknowingly, start a process in your mind that will shut the parents out.

BTW - whoever made the call of "are they practicing phsycology?" Good point, something to look into (for any that's good at investigating). I would venture say not - I've yet to hear of a Christian run center of such that did not consider itself above the law - "God is our psychologist, we don't adhere to man made laws" heh. Oh, I know, that will be another 2 faced deal - don't need laws to counsel the mind, want laws to not pay taxes.

Dammit, I've done it again, there's a couple Wiccans on here that's going to visit me about my anti-Xtian attitudal oratories, heh. (btw - and rightly so, of those Wiccans, when I cross from pointing out inconsistancies, to bashing. But jeez, 14yrs of YOU WILL BELIEVE THE BIBLE YOU WILL BELIEVE GOD YOU WILL GO TO CHURCH 5 TIMES A WEEK, all but impossible to NOT have major attitude issues when I meet this same disposition of religious dogma)

Misfit

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 06:42 AM
link   

If you don't accept the Bible, both testaments, read the history of civilizations.

And which Civilisation fell due to homosexuality?

Wasn't the Roman.
British.
German.
Russian.
Chinese.
Japanese.
I can keep listing from my history books? So which one fell due to homosexuality? Actually if you check up over half of the known and recorded civilisations fell due to Religion.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I believe chanteuse was referring to Babylon, Greece, Medo-Persia, Rome...global dominant civilizations. But, of course, odium wouldn't recognize that. Not until sexual deviance was the "order of the day" did these emipires fall. I tout no superiority over others. For example, my "bigotry", as it has been labelled, is a drop in the bucket compared to the the likes of those who simply disagree with me. Point to my hatred...there are no inconsistancies in my arguement. The Bible is the Truth...Old Testament...New Testament...cover to cover.

You use terms as "logic" and "science" to defend your stance. Hmosexuality has termed a "lifestyle" by those who practice it. A "lifestyle" is person's CHOICE...not genetically induced...not environmentally infused. There are those who turn from this destructive "lifestyle" of their own volition when they seek the Truth. Can one act contrary to "genetic disposition"? Your "science" says no. If it is an environmental effect, show me the gay that has been produced by environment and I will show you the population of the same environment that did not CHOOSE this "lifestyle".

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Actually I only ever hear the term "gay lifestyle" coming from deluded fundies.

"Lifestyle" is a silly made up word that means nothing and yet whatever you want it to mean.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by BadMojo
I believe chanteuse was referring to Babylon, Greece, Medo-Persia, Rome...global dominant civilizations.

Babylon wasn't a global dominant Civilization. It actually only ever held a small percentage of the land around it.

Persian Empire was well never really an empire either. It only held a small percentage of land. As you yourself said "Global Dominant Civilization".

Rome was Christian when it fell, it outlawed homosexuality and followed the Christian Bible - unless you're talking about the first few times the Empire collapsed. Although it was just renamed as the Byzantine Empire.

Greece joined with Rome and didn't fall till the Holy Roman Empire fell.

The largest and only real Global Empire was the British which was a Christian Empire the Holy Roman Empire and the German Empire (Second Reich). Funny that...

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ksnazdnzon

No child should be shown, taught or given anything of a theological nature before their 18......we're just to impressionable.

I've always thought that.. actually I've thought 15, after the first 6 years of brain development and moral development and then after.. any changes.

Religion is important aspect of a child’s development; it is tool of civilization!
Values such as don't harm people, show mercy to the weak and the destitute, give all that you can to what ever you are doing and loyalty aren't things that are against the law but it is expected of every "civilized" human being and to say that children must be separated from God you not only violate his rights but also destroy his future! How do you teach somebody compassion when they haven't any idea of what it is until they are 15 or 18 or something?
Every experience changes a person’s life in ways that we cannot even begin to imagine and to deny someone the right/privilege of faith is not only wrong but also wicked. To deny somebody something just because you can't live the way you want to is WRONG!
How will you teach a child not to succumb to temptation or cruelty? Will you show him a stick and threaten him? That will make him hate you and not stop him from committing sin, the power of God can take you to higher places. The fear of spiritual damnation is more powerful than any Physical punishment! Also the concept of this is the path to civilization, to a better life, to spiritual happiness cannot be taught anywhere else. The fact that their is always hope as long as you believe in God and try your best, the fact that you are not alone even though you may feel so are powerful things that you cannot compensate!

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101

Originally posted by Ksnazdnzon

Religion is important aspect of a child’s development; it is tool of civilization!
Values such as don't harm people, show mercy to the weak and the destitute, give all that you can to what ever you are doing and loyalty aren't things that are against the law but it is expected of every "civilized" human being and to say that children must be separated from God you not only violate his rights but also destroy his future! How do you teach somebody compassion when they haven't any idea of what it is until they are 15 or 18 or something?
Every experience changes a person’s life in ways that we cannot even begin to imagine and to deny someone the right/privilege of faith is not only wrong but also wicked. To deny somebody something just because you can't live the way you want to is WRONG!
How will you teach a child not to succumb to temptation or cruelty? Will you show him a stick and threaten him? That will make him hate you and not stop him from committing sin, the power of God can take you to higher places. The fear of spiritual damnation is more powerful than any Physical punishment! Also the concept of this is the path to civilization, to a better life, to spiritual happiness cannot be taught anywhere else. The fact that their is always hope as long as you believe in God and try your best, the fact that you are not alone even though you may feel so are powerful things that you cannot compensate!

I think your confusing sprituality and morals with dogma.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
IAF101, we don't need Religion to be a moral person nor do we have to follow anyone specific religion to be a moral person. Religion should be educated to children when they are in their secondary stages of learning nor during the Primary states.

The way you make it look, it seems to me you think to be moral/good you need to follow Religion? What about those that don't? Are their not good people in there as well? To me it looks like there are good and bad of every bunch be it Religious or non religious people. Just look at those Priests who molested boys, they were very Religious they followed Religion for most of their life and yet it still did not help them to be "Good".

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Everyone on this thread should watch the movie "But I'm a Cheerleader!"

Very funny, very topical, might even lighten the load some choose to bear.

To those defending religion: Misery, carnage, darkness. That's the sum of religion's wake. Now, faith on the other hand, has created miracles and saved countless souls from despair. That's something worth cultivating.

But these religious throwbacks to our prehistory, no, I think they're best left in the dust.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Your lack of knowledge in ancient history is noted, odium. I'll find some links for you.

I make no claim to "organized religion". But I DO lay claim to faith in Jesus Christ. Maybe that will clear the air for some of you...probably not.

[edit on 18-6-2005 by BadMojo]

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
IAF101, we don't need Religion to be a moral person nor do we have to follow anyone specific religion to be a moral person. Religion should be educated to children when they are in their secondary stages of learning nor during the Primary states.

The way you make it look, it seems to me you think to be moral/good you need to follow Religion? What about those that don't? Are their not good people in there as well? To me it looks like there are good and bad of every bunch be it Religious or non religious people. Just look at those Priests who molested boys, they were very Religious they followed Religion for most of their life and yet it still did not help them to be "Good".

Yeah.

It's annoying when people think Religion is needed for morals, it's the same people who think Atheists and Agnostics have no values.

As I said, Don't confuse sprituality and morals with dogma.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Now thats just plain wrong. Whatever your position on gay's in general you don't send your child or anyone off to be "fixed" somewhere. Either accept and deal with it or don't associate yourself with it. This area has always bugged me with Christians. I know what their position is and why and that is fine but then just don't be gay yourself or don't associate with those who are gay. To impose your views so far as to interfer in anothers life is just wrong. We as christians have to remember that God also made it clear we are not to make the judgement on such matters, he will.

It is one thing to love God, it is another to try and be him. Hope the poor kid gets out alive and can enjoy life.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by BadMojo
Your lack of knowledge in ancient history is noted, odium. I'll find some links for you.

I make no claim to "organized religion". But I DO lay claim to faith in Jesus Christ. Maybe that will clear the air for some of you...probably not.

[edit on 18-6-2005 by BadMojo]

I was going by this book:
"Atlas of World History" by Patrick K. O'Brien who works for the Institute of Historical Research, University of London.

It displays maps of every Civilization. Which allows anyone with eyes to see they were not Global like the British Empire was or the Holy Roman Empire was.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join