It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Teen Sent To Gay "Treatment" Camp Against His Will

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
That is an incorrect translation. It should be, "...created in His likeness." Which referring more to a spiritual likeness than a physical likeness. I believe this would cover both questions.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadMojo
That is an incorrect translation. It should be, "...created in His likeness." Which referring more to a spiritual likeness than a physical likeness. I believe this would cover both questions.

How do you know it is spiritual likeness? Literal translation here. You did say you agree with the entire Bible. It is okay to put an interpretation on one portion but not another?

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Which translation of the Bible you use makes a difference. Using the more accurate translations gives the term likeness...that is not my interpretation.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   

...that is not my interpretation.

So how can you claim to take the Bible "in whole"(your thought, my words) if it is up to your "interpretation". So, you interpret the Bible and make all these claims on your own beliefs? Man dude, I think God is going to want to talk to you.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
No, it means man. He created man in his image. Man prior to the 19th Century and when the King James Bible would have been written meant human not man as in: An adult male human.

See here

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Genesis 1:26-28

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Not talking about interpretation of the specific word likeness, talking about the interpretation of Spiritual vs Physical likeness.

And frankly, I could continue this debate, but we have strayed from the topic. To me, whether you agree with homosexuality or not, human rights remain the same.

"Deprogramming" gays may work. For a while. All it really does is delay the inevitable. I know several who were "deprogrammed" in the 70s, later got married, had children then got divorced. How many lives did that destroy?

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
BM...
also... not quite related to thread, but to the arguement presented that supports your view of the thread...

where it says "do not take away or add to the word of God"
isn't it already to late... tainted at the council or trent, or the council or nicea?

the catholics have one bible, the jews have one bible, the protestants have one bible...
so which one do you declare to be the correct one... since they differ on interpretation?

also consider the many original books of the bible that stood in stark contrast to other teachings...
all were "of the bible" but yet, some were not seen as fit enough to make the cut of the protestant reformation or the early roman catholic formation.
(ie. enoch, gnostics, thomas)

I am not trying to pick on you... only to point out the same thing that made me see religion in a whole new (and much more honest) light.

a lackluster truth is better than a contrived belief for the support of christianity. It has a rich and sometimes scary and shameful history... but it has a powerful story also...

so what does this have to do with an anti homo camp?
well, IMO that if the only defense of this camp, then it is not logical...
it's own pretext defines its hypocrital flaws...

but Ohhh lord help all them "mentally sick" homos that the book of leviticus says is wrong...
(BTW.... no christian is judged worthy by levitical law except maybe extremely righteous messianic jews)

[edit on 17-6-2005 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
There is another "out of context" quote, intrepid. No wonder you are confused. You have trouble seeing the forest through the trees.

For topic's sake, I agree with the comment that "re-educating" is damaging. It should be a simple matter of seeking the truth for themselves in Jesus.

[edit on 17-6-2005 by BadMojo]

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

...that is not my interpretation.

So how can you claim to take the Bible "in whole"(your thought, my words) if it is up to your "interpretation". So, you interpret the Bible and make all these claims on your own beliefs? Man dude, I think God is going to want to talk to you.

I wouldn't mind an answer to my post here Mojo.

BTW, I'm NOT going away.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I cant even begin to say how wrong that is, unfortunately this kind of thing does'nt actualy surprise me as much as It might have a year or so ago.

Badmojo,
You arw wrong, homosexuality is not against nature, there are several species that have been noted to have homosexuality, some of the simian family, wild cats and dolphins.

And if you must say such things, say it is in your opinion, not it is the truth.

Your accusing a Moderator of flaming, when your the one spouting anti-gay propaganda bunk.

I'm curious why this camp is even allowed to exist.

I would suggest Putting the parents in jail and the people who work at these kinds of "camps" in prison for a long long time.
And if he ends up commiting suicide, I think the people who work at the "camp" should get a death sentence, and the parents get life in prison.

I personally think the boy should go to the police and request an assylum from his parents.

I hope the boy can find peace, (and a great boyfriend) without going to any extremes.

There is more I'd like to say, but I feel this post is already becoming quite lengthy as it is.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I study the Bible, which I wouldn't expect you to understand. I make my statements accordingly. I've never stated that I am the authority...regardless of your implications to the contrary. If I am incorrect in my views then I desire God's voice to correct me. Amen

Pull from context as you see fit...

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I study the Bible, which I wouldn't expect you to understand. I make my statements accordingly. I've never stated that I am the authority...regardless of your implications to the contrary. If I am incorrect in my views then I desire God's voice to correct me. Amen

Pull from context as you see fit...

If you see your "views" as that weak, why don't you leave it between you and God and leave this forum alone?

This shows that you are putting forth opinion not biblical fact.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Hahahahaha, and HAAAAhahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

All these republicans going on about how he needs to be killed, tortured, raped repeatedly in jail, OMG! Republicans, like DJ77, almost make me wanna use my ignore, but they are so funny! I mean, Hilter had Jews, DJ77 has gays!

Anyways, thanks for the laugh republicans.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
In Gitmo we allow the torture of prisoners shackled in a fetal position with not food or water for 18, 24 or more hours lying in their own excretement.
www.opinionjournal.com...

So why should the barbaric Christian right object to milder tortures for this childs 'sin' of being gay?

The [Old Testament] Bible supports slavery, sex with slaves, selling your own daughter into slavery, stoning prostitutes to death as well as stoning brides that are found not to be virgins.

Interestingly Jesus went against that Old testament brutality and barbarism when we with sheer nerve alone he faced down a crowd of people ready to stone a prostitute to death.

Many of these fundamentalists Christians are barbarians, blindly following brutal edicts of the Old testament, Many more are hypocritically selective in what sick and archaic horrors they espouse and which ones they choose to ignore.

Look its 'Conan the Fundamentalist'!

The Christian right is leading this nation into a complete decline of civilization.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

I blame the gay culture for pushing people to come out in this fashion...

Truely amazing. Blame the gay people for sticking up for themselves and gaining a sense of belonging that they probably never had in their life.

Ignorance in true form. :shk:

You soooo missed the point...try this:

Blame the gay people for making everyone think that you will loved and accepted for openly coming out and humilating your parents. Oh now, the parents want to do something about it, and their wrong? Puhlease

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020
Blame the gay people for making everyone think that you will loved and accepted for openly coming out and humilating your parents. Oh now, the parents want to do something about it, and their wrong? Puhlease

Yes. They are wrong for being humilated and for wanting to change him.

Where the hell did he miss the point?

Anyways.. I'm not gay.. I'm very very not gay. I'm not even close to being sexually attracted to a male. I know a couple gay guys though.
I'm accepting and reasonable. It's possible.

I can't think of any reason to be against anybody gay, I mean if your old enough and it's concentual. Why be against it? The only reason to.. is if follow a you follow a dogma from a religion.. and if so you have no right to tell others they must follow it.

[edit on 17-6-2005 by Ksnazdnzon]

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I was going to stay out of this topic, but you guys know me..... once I read a couple of completely retarded posts, I just had to reply.

Regarding the main story: Excuse my language but this is really f*cked up. On so many levels I can't even begin to describe. Nothing is wrong with the kid here, it's the goddamn parents! I have seen this # before way too many times to count. I mean a Christian Camp that claims to "cure" people from homosexuality? *sigh*

and to the rest of the members: Why the f*ck are you guys even wasting your precious time trying to argue with this jackass (Bad Mojo)? Haven't you guys learned by now that trying to debate a religious fundamentalist with facts and common sense gets you nowhere since people like this have absolutely no concept of free thought or common sense? So my advice to you is this, whenever you get one of these sorry excuses for human beings trying to start a flame war by spewing their bigotry and hatred disguised behind religion, just ignore them. They are not even worth it.

Thank you, and Good Night.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
He's a minor child. His parents can send him anywhere they want to, as long as it is otherwise legal. There's a school in Harlingen, TX, that would get his little patootie squared away.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
He's a minor child. His parents can send him anywhere they want to, as long as it is otherwise legal. There's a school in Harlingen, TX, that would get his little patootie squared away.

nobody here is disputing the fact that the parents do have a legal right to send their child to that camp. As long as he's a minor he has to depend on his parents to make the choices for him. No matter how f*cked up or misguided they may be.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Why won't religion just leave everyone alone?

I look forward to the announcement made the the vatican when the cause for homosexuality is discovered to be genetic.....Dear god that will be funny

theres evidence to suggest badmojo that a gay child increases the fertility of the female baring them...sorry can't find the link, search in the Science forum

Bottom line these people(those commiting their son, and those running the "camp") are the scourge of the Earth, where is the billions of dollars going to developing tactical weapons to Fix their brains

No child should be shown, taught or given anything of a theological nature before their 18......we're just to impressionable.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join