It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have I Disturbed Some One? (Revisited)

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara

Originally posted by Valhall

What are you thinking? Maybe there is something else I can look for.

Yes, I really, really, think that there is something else they are trying to help you find. A woman in particular. When you find this you are going to laugh. It will explain a lot.

She really had a thing about hiding stuff in floorboards and celings. There are two areas I get. Maybe it is one in the same, I dont know the lay out of your house. Above the kitchen table (or where it was when you were painting), and.....this one will be hard to explain....up the stairs to a room you are not using or are redoing....to the right, a little cubby area? I dont know how to describe it really, I wish I could draw it and post it here. Anyway, under the floor boards there, but you would have to dig down a bit. Does that make any sense at all? I have never been in your house obviously so this place up the stairs.....not sure if it is real, but that is what I get. What is the link to where I can find those pics of your house? That will help me.

Here is the post I was talking about!! I Found it!! Yea! hahaha.

Have you checked the other area?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
oops double post

That post was on December 10, 2006 and its on page 34.

I knew it would be something cool, and at that time you were posting a lot about UFO's so I was kind of hoping it would be UFO related hahaha

Do you think the bottle dates the same as the spoon?????

[edit on 20-8-2009 by mrsdudara]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

What are you thinking? Maybe there is something else I can look for.

Yes, I really, really, think that there is something else they are trying to help you find. A woman in particular. When you find this you are going to laugh. It will explain a lot.

She really had a thing about hiding stuff in floorboards and celings. There are two areas I get. Maybe it is one in the same, I dont know the lay out of your house. Above the kitchen table (or where it was when you were painting), and.....this one will be hard to explain....up the stairs to a room you are not using or are redoing....to the right, a little cubby area? I dont know how to describe it really, I wish I could draw it and post it here. Anyway, under the floor boards there, but you would have to dig down a bit. Does that make any sense at all? I have never been in your house obviously so this place up the stairs.....not sure if it is real, but that is what I get. What is the link to where I can find those pics of your house? That will help me.

Here is the post I was talking about!! I Found it!! Yea! hahaha.

Have you checked the other area?

Holy moly - you're giving me the willies!!! You nailed it. The table that I was using to paint my ceiling tiles was set up in the room directly below where the bottle was found. The room immediately above this room and adjacent to the bathroom area upstairs is one of the bedrooms that the space for the bathroom was taken from and it is so small it's useless (we're actually going to convert it to a large walk-in closet). At the time you wrote that I was probably still using it as my "computer room", but now (at the time the bottle was found) it is in disrepair because of the remodeling activities and is not used for anything but storage of building materials, etc.

You got me listening!!! O_O

The bottle and the spoon could be contemporaneous...the spoon should be around the 1890's to 1910's and the bottle can be from the 1890's to 1910's. With the house built between 1902 and 1904...that fits right in.

P.S. To be clear on how well you nailed it. Springer found the jar UNDER the adjacent wall between the useless room and where the main bathroom area are. It took a bit of digging to find it.

[edit on 8-20-2009 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I dont know if it applies to your jar and spoon or not, but this is what I found on wiki

wiki link

Drawing from his earlier experience as an engraver, Charles Gulden once asked his brother: "Do you think it would help if we were to attach a spoon to each bottle of No. 6, no extra charge?" Soon, the Guldens were attaching fine, imported spoons to each bottle. He increased the visibility of his innovative idea by distributing a catalog of his products printed in color.

A little tidbit I learned from my Aunt. Your bottle is an early 1900's bottle. There are seams on the sides but not on the bottom. Sometime around 1900 and 1906 semimanufactured bottles began. The first ones, connected the sides (note the seams) then connected the bottom. On medicine and soda jars they would do that and connect the top too. It didnt take them long to figure out how to connect one half with the other bottom included, then came the screw on top.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

A little tidbit I learned from my Aunt. Your bottle is an early 1900's bottle. There are seams on the sides but not on the bottom. Sometime around 1900 and 1906 semimanufactured bottles began. The first ones, connected the sides (note the seams) then connected the bottom. On medicine and soda jars they would do that and connect the top too. It didnt take them long to figure out how to connect one half with the other bottom included, then came the screw on top.

The pic is actually not of mine, so I will check our jar for where there are seams and let you know. Thanks for sharing this info! I'll see if the spoon fits in the jar - I don't think it will, but it might.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
deleting this post.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
this about ur son waving happily and then bursting in cry,made me very uneasy,if i was a father i would be like "wtf omg my son what the"

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
If you'll recall we found an old newspaper in the attic, but I'll also make sure we haven't missed anything in the area where the bottle was found.

I'll let you know! Pictures of newspaper found in the attic.

img.photobucket.com...

img.photobucket.com...

img.photobucket.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
So THATS where the newspaper thing comes in!

Thank you!

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Okay, here's what I've got.

First, the original post on the newspaper:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I find it interesting that I pointed out that there was an article about a container of potassium cyanide being found.

For some reason this post was incomplete when I posted!!!

The paper is a May 22, 1952 Daily Oklahoman. That would be after the grocer, second owner bought the house in 1950. He's the one we all have the "bad feelings" about.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The the jar and the spoon. The spoon is too big to fit in the jar. I didn't figure it was a Gulden spoon because it completes a spoon/fork salad set.

The jar has seams down both sides and no seam visible on the bottom. It also has a nasty adhesive still around the rim of the jar that won't clean off with soap, water and a plastic bristle brush. It most likely will take a brass brush or a steel wool.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
mrs and others,

I want to throw something out that I discussed with Springer last night and get your feedback. What if the jar itself is of no importance whatsoever. What if it was just important that we be able to find it. In other words, what if it was imperative we take all actions that led to finding the jar. Let me explain:

The house was built without electricity or inside plumbing. At some point the bathrooms were put in and we speculate that the electricity may have been ran at the same time. The wiring, of course, was tube and rail wiring with a breaker that has the button style breakers. We have gradually been working through the house to have rooms we have remodeled newly wired but we still have old wiring in most of the upstairs and half of the downstairs (kitchen and dining).

When Springer got the subfloor out what was revealed was a house that beats the odds on burning down. Under the floor of a bathroom that has visible water marks of repetitive bathtub leaks, toilet leaks, vanity leaks and even wall marks that there was a roof leak in one corner for some extended period of time is the hub of all wiring for the entire house from the breaker box just below this room. And you should see this wiring. Elmer fudd did this wiring. There are multiple patch-ins with some wires connected with nothing but black tape around them. In addition to the wiring the natural gas line to the now non-existent room heaters runs to all rooms upstairs from this room.

One of the wires that is just dead-ended and sticking up and has nothing but black tape on it is about 1-1/2 to 2 inches from the gas line and has been arcing over to the pipe for some time - there's a big black charred spot on the outside of the gas line.

We're actually at a stand still waiting for an electrician to get out and trace down the spider web of wiring and kill everything there and replace it - will probably drain us of our remaining building funds for a while.

Maybe we just needed to be able to find the jar - so we wouldn't burn down or blow up.

Just a thought.

[edit on 8-21-2009 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I would say THAT is exactly it.

In the post that I deleted (because I didnt want to sound nuttier than I already am), I went on about how there was something else there. I said I felt like a dog with a bone - just couldnt let it go. BUT I couldnt figure out what the deal was either so I deleted it. I feel a huge relief now that you have mentioned what you found. It probably wouldnt hurt to have someone out to make sure you know exactly where all the natural gas pipes are too, not just inside of the house, but outside as well. There might have been other buildings on that property that they ran it to. Also, get a carbon monoxide detector if you havent already.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Very good...this could be your "a ha" moment.

I remember reading about how the bathroom heater would mysteriously turn on. Seems like the message was "something electrical isn't working right - better look into it".

Sounds like not only are they trying to protect you, they are trying to protect the house?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Try cleaning that messy adhesive off the jar with WD-40.

Thank God your house did not burn down!! We found some scarey wiring in our stairway when my hubby re-wired the house. It was built in 1880.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
All of the wiring nightmare has now been removed and rewired. If that was what mrs. had her premonition about...we're safe from that now!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
So have you had any luck making contact with the entities in your home, lately?

Any new happenings?

Just curious what the answers to our questions were.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
After 2 days of reading any time I could (family and work got in the way), I finally finished reading this thread. I am so totally amazed and intrigued in your story. I feel like I know you and your family and I love your house. I have a thing for houses, "haunted" or not, and yours is a fascinating one. All your descriptions of what it was like and what you are doing to it, I feel like I know it also. I don't know what else to say, but thank you so much for sharing your life with us.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Thanks, Lex, for your kind words!

DJM...no, it's a matter of my daughter agreeing to participate. I can get no response by myself.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

That's just plain scary! Glad you located it before it became a serious problem. What a labor of love. We lived in an older Victorian home built in the teens for a short while (two years) and never did any major renovations inside (only couple new appliances + a new roof and paved the previously gravel driveway). I wonder what we might have discovered. It did have decorative caps on the walls where the old gas lamps used to be and of course the lathe and plaster walls (posing serious problems for rewiring). Good luck with your ongoing renovations!

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join