It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have I Disturbed Some One? (Revisited)

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Just checking to see if you've had an opportunity to ask your mom about what "compelled" her to buy the matching fork.

Also, have you tried doing communication with your mom there? Still have a feeling there's some connection to your mom because of the fork.

Thanks again for sharing!

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Val, you could actually turn this into a book. It is an interesting read.

You could try bribing your daughter to help you. Give her an incentive. Bribery always works on my 21 year old son. When he was 11 I bribed him to do a solo at church. He sang like an angel and got his video game. We bribed him when we went out to a restaurant for his birthday when he turned 12. It was one of the funniest things I've experienced. You know how the staff will come out and sing to the birthday person? We had just been seated and there was a large table next to us having a party for a very little girl. They came out to sing to her and made a big fuss. They asked her if she wanted to stand on her chair and she was almost crying from shyness. They instructed her that when they stopped singing and pointed to her she was supposed to say "boom boom." We watched in silence and when it was over we turned to my son and my brother in law said, "Hey boom boom, you are next." My son was begging us not to embarass him. My brother in law said, "I'll pay you five dollars to ask them if you can stand on your chair when they come out. My son got to thinking about this..... I offered another five if he would point his index fingers and say "boom boom BABY." My b-i-l offerend aother five if he would shake his butt when he said it. I offered another five if he was loud and gave the whole restaurant a good show. He thought about this the whole dinner and said, "you know....nobody in here knows me..., OK, make it ten dollars for each thing I have to do and you have a deal." So when the staff came out and he asked if he could stand on the chair I started laughing. I laughed so hard I was crying and could hardly keep my eyes open. The staff did not know what to think of this, but I bet he became the legend of the restaurant. We all had a good time and he made something like $60.00.

I think in some cases bribery is an excellent tool.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Good thing about getting that wiring fixed! I've had some experience with old 'knob and tube' wiring.....When we had work started on Dad's 1904, the contractor took one look at the 'fuse' box and called for a temporary power pole to run his equip.! ( Your 'tenants' might have been trying to do a good deed!)

We had an electrician in right after and killed all the remaining dangerous wiring and put in a new meter .....We have not yet been able to afford re-wiring for the entire house, but we have a start, and I've quit having nightmares about it burning down!

( No kidding.....I had nightmares for years while my folks were living there. If my Dad hadn't 'babied' that wiring....unplugging something to plug in something else, having no heavy duty appliances other than the kitchen stove, which had it's own line...etc. It would have gone the way many of those old tinder boxes !)

We did have a floor collapse....(after we moved three rooms of furniture into one ). I know there was some dry rot involved, and the added weight.....but I have wondered if there was something we were 'supposed' to look for.

I have been hoping I could get in there and dig around, after all that spot has been out of view for over a hundred years, as the crawl space was very tight and there were no 'modern' pipes or ducts ever installed. It'd be like opening a time capsule!

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1
Good thing about getting that wiring fixed! I've had some experience with old 'knob and tube' wiring.....When we had work started on Dad's 1904, the contractor took one look at the 'fuse' box and called for a temporary power pole to run his equip.! ( Your 'tenants' might have been trying to do a good deed!)

Yep - this portion of the house was tube and rail wiring. And the breaker box to it has round buttons!!!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington
Just checking to see if you've had an opportunity to ask your mom about what "compelled" her to buy the matching fork.

Also, have you tried doing communication with your mom there? Still have a feeling there's some connection to your mom because of the fork.

Thanks again for sharing!

Yes, I did. I brought this up Sunday at dinner with them. I told her I had a friend interested in knowing if there was any special urge or thought she had when she decided she wanted to buy the fork for me. She said, "No, other than it was something I would like to have for myself, so I thought I would get it for you for your birthday."

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Just a thought...

I have not caught up on everything yet but plan on it. However I did catch where you had the KII experiment and now you are not getting any response by yourself. I also got where you said (correct me if I am wrong) that your son and grandson also got it to respond a little. Well my thought could go two ways. One that yes the boy is only interested in approaching when your daughter is present or the "lady" is in fact the nanny and he is being kept back because of what he had already told you. It was suggested earlier that the lady may be the nanny by someone else. I am really intrigued by all of this and cannot wait to know how things go. Just be careful because you may end up upsetting the lady if she is indeed the nanny. You may want to ask the boy that first. Or see if you can get your daughter to participate long enough to find that out.

I truly understand why your daughter is upset but imagine how the boy feels now if he is being kept by the lady that killed him. One of the beliefs of the afterlife is that if you are killed (the boy) then you become a ghost or if you have unsettled business. The nanny may have went to her grave with so much grief she didn't go on.

You made mention of two incidents that were "alarming". To the best of your memory did those incidents happen around periods of time the clues were becoming apparent or activity was becoming more often then others? That could be an indication that some sort of control is being attempted. If she cannot keep them from you she will scare you from them. The good thing is that it all seems to be intelligent haunts so there is a possibility of getting to the bottom of it all.

Then again I could be talking out my south end so good luck either way. Now back to reading. LOL

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by KFISHCC
Just a thought...

I have not caught up on everything yet but plan on it. However I did catch where you had the KII experiment and now you are not getting any response by yourself. I also got where you said (correct me if I am wrong) that your son and grandson also got it to respond a little. Well my thought could go two ways. One that yes the boy is only interested in approaching when your daughter is present or the "lady" is in fact the nanny and he is being kept back because of what he had already told you. It was suggested earlier that the lady may be the nanny by someone else. I am really intrigued by all of this and cannot wait to know how things go. Just be careful because you may end up upsetting the lady if she is indeed the nanny. You may want to ask the boy that first. Or see if you can get your daughter to participate long enough to find that out.

I truly understand why your daughter is upset but imagine how the boy feels now if he is being kept by the lady that killed him. One of the beliefs of the afterlife is that if you are killed (the boy) then you become a ghost or if you have unsettled business. The nanny may have went to her grave with so much grief she didn't go on.

These are interesting thoughts and recommendations. Hadn't considered that there may be "interference" on the other side.

You made mention of two incidents that were "alarming". To the best of your memory did those incidents happen around periods of time the clues were becoming apparent or activity was becoming more often then others? That could be an indication that some sort of control is being attempted. If she cannot keep them from you she will scare you from them. The good thing is that it all seems to be intelligent haunts so there is a possibility of getting to the bottom of it all.

Well, first, let me say that my memory is never good enough - lol. That's why this thread has become invaluable to me. I actually have to go back and read my own "journal" here at times to get straight when things happened. I can't tell you how many times I've been very thankful I popped on and posted something that at the time didn't seem important and later appeared to be!

To be quite honest, as best as I can recall, the only times anything happened that were a bit alarming (which was during the same time that the activity was the highest) were when there was negative energy in the house in the first place. The activity was highest when my daughter was going through her teenage years. She suffered two traumatic events during that time (in addition to the default emotional instability your typical teenage girl goes through...haha!) and was battling some pretty serious health issues.

Also during that period of time, Springer was in very poor health, a lot of pain and eventually went through a major surgery he had to recover from. So there was ample "negativeness" in the house to be drawn from, if you will.

Then again I could be talking out my south end so good luck either way. Now back to reading. LOL

Don't worry - if you eventually discover you were talking out of the wrong orifice, you can be assured you won't be alone. There's none of us that really "know" what's going on about these type of things. Anyone who claims to know, for sure, is suspect with me.

[edit on 9-20-2009 by Valhall]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Oh, and one more thing that I have discovered I didn't share. About a month ago I had my grandson spend the weekend with me. He is 8 years old now. I'm very careful not to speak about any of this weirdness in front of him because I don't want to make him fearful of the house, etc. Also, I prefer that he not be influenced by discussion of the activity in the house because if he ever comes to me and reports some type of activity I will know that he isn't telling me something just to "play along" with any ghosty stuff he may have heard about. So, no "ghost stuff" has ever been discussed in front of him.

After the KII session I recalled an instance way back in the first couple of years we lived here. My grandson was 2 when we moved in so this would have been between the ages of say 2 and 4 and during the period of time he was definitely talking, but not always intelligently (lol). During those first few years he didn't like being upstairs. Which doesn't necessarily mean he was seeing things - I can understand why this house would seem "scary" to a little toddler even if NOTHING happened. But on one particular instance he needed to use the potty and the downstairs bathroom wasn't functioning so he comes to me and says "Grandma, I need to potty" and blather blather unintelligible "I don't like that boy." So basically toddler-blather-talk with a smidgeon of something that made me think "what boy???" (He's it - there are no other "boys" here.)

Anyways, so after the KII session and recalling this I had him over and I asked him "When you were little (because now he definitely thinks he's not - haha) and you would come to visit me, was there ever a little boy here who you didn't know?" (Now, keep in mind, I'm no child counselor, etc. and I don't know how these things can be approached with a child without leading. Primarily because a child is always seeking approval from the adults in their lives and just about any question you ask them like this they want to answer the question in whatever way they think will make you happy. So, asking a kid something is a bit futile sometimes. But I tried my best not lead in any direction.)

His response was "Yes." (for whatever that's worth) And so I asked him where he saw the boy and he said he was in his room (upstairs) playing with his toys (to clarify "the boy" was playing with my grandson's toys).

I'm not going to put much weight into this, but I thought I should throw it out there.

[edit on 9-20-2009 by Valhall]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
V,

Thanks for being open to all sides of this. I am still not finished with the read yet and on page 27 at this point. I do have something that I just had to ask though. I am where Springer photographed the ecto. Now at this point everyone is focused on the face in the plywood, which I saw something diff especially in the "enhanced" copy. All that aside though has anyone noticed that in the third and final pic there is someone sitting at the "new/installed" window. I zoomed in and yes there are the reflection of trees but I clearly see someone sitting there. In the follow up pictures where you tried to recreate the situation there is nobody nor are the trees reflection causing the image of someone sitting there. Just thought you might want to look at that. If I find out as I continue on in the read that someone has noticed then great, if not take a look. Thanks

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Oh, Val, this is an splendid story. I spent all my independence day-military day-holiday-long weekend reading this. Now here's 4:50 aprox.

I don't have anything interesting to say asides that I'm keep following this thread, I saw a pattern and the major activity seems to start around november. You should write all this down and publish it as a book!!!

Ps: in that screencap of your kitchen, you look a lot like my mom... it freaked me out more than the ghosts hahaha.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by KFISHCC
Now at this point everyone is focused on the face in the plywood, which I saw something diff especially in the "enhanced" copy. All that aside though has anyone noticed that in the third and final pic there is someone sitting at the "new/installed" window. I zoomed in and yes there are the reflection of trees but I clearly see someone sitting there.

I believe Z3PO saw some one sitting in a chair. I would be curious to hear what else you saw in the "enhanced" copy as well!

Originally posted by Caggy
Oh, Val, this is an splendid story. I spent all my independence day-military day-holiday-long weekend reading this. Now here's 4:50 aprox.

I don't have anything interesting to say asides that I'm keep following this thread, I saw a pattern and the major activity seems to start around november. You should write all this down and publish it as a book!!!

Thank you for your kind words. Also, thanks for pointing out the pattern you have picked up!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Just thought I'd let you guys know I did some KII stuff this morning. I went all through the house and didn't really get anything other than some areas where the lights would come on briefly, but not anything where I could get an intelligent response. Until I went back downstairs. I decided to go over by the silver case where the spoon is kept. This is in the same room as the west side door where my daughter and I had the KII session. The silver case sets in the corner about 8-10 feet away from the spot we had the session.

I stood in front of the case and stated I want to talk to some one about the spoon. I didn't get any response. So I opened the drawer and took the spoon out and held it in my left hand while holding the KII meter in my right hand. Immediately I got three lights that flashed on and off. I expressed that I wanted to talk to them about the spoon and thank them for it. The lights flashed some more. I then explained that if they wanted to talk to me they could tell me yes by making the lights come on twice. The lights flashed on once and stayed on briefly. I stated can you make the lights come on two times in a row real fast? And the lights flashed two times in a row. I thanked them for the spoon and the lights flashed two times. I then asked if they would like to take with me. The lights flashed on twice. I then asked if they were a girl. I got no response. I repeated the instructions for how to say yes, and then asked if they understood. No response. I then stated that if there was some one there with them who was making them be quiet that they needed to tell that person to go away because that is not okay. I said "I live here and you live here so we should be able to talk to each other." I got no further response.

At least I got something, though. It was interesting to see the lights start flashing just as soon as I brought the spoon out of the case.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Now that I am caught up...

As far as the "enhanced" picture... I see the upper torso of a lady with slightly longer then shoulder length hair, her face being covered by the male face (who is looking in the opposite direction). Unfortunately I think I would have to highlight the picture in order to point it out. That leads me to think it is more a case of matrixing than anything.

I would like to say that this has to be the best documented sequence of events that cannot be easily explained away.

I agree with you that they are attempting to either protect you and your family or need your help with something. I believe you and your family are dealing with this in the best possible fashion. I look forward to following this. That is my two cents anyways.

Until my next thought...
Best of luck

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
KFISHCC,

Thank you! I look forward to your input in the future.

And on that point I will address "this would make a good book" comments in this thread. The only reason I would make a book of this would be to make money. And the first thing that decision would do is arm anyone who is predisposed to reject these notions of paranormal activity with the whole "she's just making it up for money".

I started this thread as a new member here in 2003 - long before Springer had any connection to the site whatsoever. I have worked diligently to never add anything to this thread other than what I believe might be important to all reading it to get the full picture of the situation. I've never "made up" things to keep the thread active. And there have been long periods of time of no activity, and times I have not posted things because my logical brain dismissed them...then later I had to end up sharing!

I think 50% or more of the value of this thread is the considerations and thought-provoking posts you guys put here - that would all be lost in a book.

I think it's right where it needs to be!

P.S. I have to go to work now, but there is something that dawned on me this morning that I can't wait to share with you guys. It's one of those things that points to the occasional consideration of "temporal" happenings here. Just another odd series of events! lmao. I've got to make some drawings to illustrate it, so I'll get back this evening with it.

[edit on 9-21-2009 by Valhall]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Wow, someone seems to be pretty attached to that spoon....I wonder, did you put it down at some point in your 'conversation'?

The reason I ask, the connection that silver has with 'wives' tales of the paranormal.......silver bullets for werewolves, 'silvered'? mirrors that won't reflect vampires......made me wonder.

Probably a good idea about keeping a low profile on the goings on .....
My Grandmother always spoke openly about the 'haint' at her house. I knew about 'him' very early on.......we were never really scared of this supposed ghost, but we grandkids did constantly pull pranks on one another when we were there!! That certainly would have made any serious research nigh on to impossible! ( ...one reason I can not be certain if I ever experienced anything 'real ' while at her house! My Grandfather was as bad as the 'rest of us kids' !)

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I need assistance with something that has come up. Has anyone who is following this thread watched the movie "Donnie Darko"? If so, can you tell me if there is anything about that movie that would apply to this thread?

I have not seen this movie and only know what I have read this morning on some brief reviews of the movie.

Thanks in advance for whatever input you can provide.

[edit on 9-25-2009 by Valhall]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I need assistance with something that has come up. Has anyone who is following this thread watched the movie "Donnie Darko"? If so, can you tell me if there is anything about that movie that would apply to this thread?

I have not seen this movie and only know what I have read this morning on some brief reviews of the movie.

Hmm, interesting. How was it suggested? Would be interested in hearing about the connection.

Perhaps very indirectly if paranormal events involving those who have passed on are indicative of time that is not sequential as we experience it, incrementally.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by elfie

Originally posted by Valhall

Hmm, interesting. How was it suggested? Would be interested in hearing about the connection.

Perhaps very indirectly if paranormal events involving those who have passed on are indicative of time that is not sequential as we experience it, incrementally.

Because I received a copy of the movie in the mail yesterday from Amazon.com. A copy I did not order. I have never heard of this movie before receiving the DVD in the mail yesterday. This copy was ordered on September 14th and sent to my home. This copy was ordered on my own account. It was ordered approximately an hour to an hour and 15 minutes after I went to bed and about 2 hours prior to Springer getting back home from the San Jose UFO convention.

The strange thing about your response is this...if you go back up you'll see a post I made prior to going to work in which I had something I wanted to share. I have to apologize for not getting back with you all but I totally forgot about it, and so now I'll share what I was going to share.

I wanted to point out that there was a new type of "time issue" (i.e. the thing where some people believe some of the activity in my house is about events that have not yet taken place, versus paranormal activity associated with the past). When mrsdudara made her post in December 2006 about us finding something that was hidden in the floor/ceiling she got the following things correct:

1. It was in the ceiling/floor space above the room I was painting my tiles in at the time.
2. It was to the right immediately after exiting the top of the stairs.
3. We had to "dig a little bit" to find it.

There is only one part she said that didn't really match. She said it would be in a "cubby area" that wasn't being used right now and she found it hard to describe. At the time we were discussing this (after finding the jar) I was assuming she was referring to what used to be the computer room and is now not being used. But it didn't really fit under the description of "cubby area".

2 weeks ago we were laying out how we were going to rebuild the walls of the main bath. There is one area at the foot of the tub that is about 3' by 3' and we were trying to decide how to utilize this small area. If we opened it into the bathroom it would just be this "dead" area that was useless for anything other than setting a plant or maybe a standing rack or something. We couldn't open to the top floor landing area because it will be blocked by an armoire that will be our linen cabinet. So Springer and I are discussing this and my daughter walks out and is listening and she says "Mom, if you'll open into your closet (the old computer room will be a large walk-in closet) then you can use it store things you want out of sight. Springer and I said "perfect!" So now we have a "cubby area" that is not currently being used almost right over the spot where Springer found the jar.

That's what I had wanted to share is that mrsdudara appeared to be talking about something in the future - a cubby that didn't yet exist.

I have to tell you I'm upset about the Donnie Darko thing. I have Amazon looking into this purchase and have asked them to supply IP information, etc.

Thanks for letting me know.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
There you go!
Trying to remember, in the movie a certain book just shows up in the mailbox? It's been awhile. It's somewhat of a cult film. You should watch it.

edit: We used to have a copy, pretty sure one of the kids took it since it was theirs. Maybe I'll order a copy.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by elfie]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by elfie
There you go!
Trying to remember, in the movie a certain book just shows up in the mailbox? It's been awhile. It's somewhat of a cult film. You should watch it.

edit: We used to have a copy, pretty sure one of the kids took it since it was theirs. Maybe I'll order a copy.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by elfie]

Okay, I just got off the phone with my daughter and she directed me to the wikipedia page for the movie. So I've been reading that and she also called me and talked to me about the movie (she has seen it a couple of times). I was on the phone with her when I read your post so I read it to her and she said, yeah, wikipedia states that the book didn't exist in reality but goes on to state that the director's cut has more information about where the book came from and the importance of it.

Okay, the DVD that I received yesterday is the DIRECTOR'S CUT of this movie. So at this point I'm going to center on watching the extra footage connected with the book to see if there is something there I need to know.

Thanks for your help, elfie.

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join