It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eat Meat and Die!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 03:45 AM
link   
mmmmmmmmm meat. burgers are the best, but nothing wong with a good steak either. and we can not forget that delish squril running on your lawn. i like vegitarians, they are tasty and good, and GOOD FOR YOU.

if we were not meant to eat meat then we wouldn't be able to digest it and get nutriants from it. as for vegans most that i know tend to be scrawny sickly looking things. it is true that many people eat too much meat, but then again they eat too many vegies as well. and if being a vegitarian is so damm healthy how come a vegitarian has to realy watch their diet to make sure that they do not miss out on important vitamins?

also it was stated that because we eat meat that others starve. what about all that produce that is destroyed because there is no use for it? all those farms in the "land bank"?. the fact that some cities are built on the best farmland arround? why don't these starveing countries put money into things like irrigation projects to regain farmable land? ethiopia used to be the "bread basket" of that part of the world several hundred years ago. but it became a desert area due to missmanagement. you are correct there is no reason that people should starve. too bad governments care more about power then feeding their peoples.

of interesting note medieval europe had many health problems. the poor suffered because they did not eat enough meat, the rich because they did not eat enough vegitables. they all could have been healthyer if they had only eaten both. humans are omnivours that means that we need to eat both meat and vegitables to maintain a healthy peak.

[edit on 27-4-2005 by drogo]

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I am not reading all of the posts but anyways to answer you question yes, the sight of bloody flesh makes me hungry

not dead rotten nasty birds because I don't eat sparrows.

When going to grocery stores, and I pass the meat isle my eye sees ribs, steaks everything I want. I eat the meat because I like the way it taste. Also red meat is one of the reasons we became who we are, unless of course you believe some invisble guy made us all from playdoh.

I ask this, are you part or one of those meat is murder campagainers?

Because I will never stop, and when I do see fish it makes my stomach growl and yes I do enjoy it raw.

Let see vegans have been known to get ill if they eat anything that has meat related products "broth" reminds me of that joke of Ron White's, who was talking about his friend who was a vegetarian. "I don't feel so good. That vegetable soup must have had beef broth in it." "Do you realize that your system's kicking back broth?!"

and in closing

if you don't eat your meat how can you have any pudding?

ps: chowin' down on some philly cheese steak ^^

we were scavangers, let us have our meat in peace now we've made it to the top!

*caveman voice*
meat make brain bigger
bigger brain make Raark think
Mastering enviroment is good

as for the dying part ........
let see there is so many other things killing me as well, 2nd hand smoke, pollution, crappy water, stress, oxygen slowly eating my lungs away

we eat the cows to protect the ozone!

[edit on 27-4-2005 by Lysergic]

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Read some real facts instead of the biased BS that comes from the meat industry. It's all about sucking money from your wallet.

hmmm....Seems like this whole vegetarian/vegan thing is the money sucking machine. Vegan products I've seen are more expensive than a good ol' burger or ham samich!! (And I do have vegan friends.)

Many kids at my school buy into the whole thing. It's more of a trend than anything. People go around with "meat = murder" on their backpack. Then they pass out their propaganda at lunch.
My remedy: I told them I'd mail them dead meat in a bag.

BTW.....Anok...are you Vivek?!?!

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Humans were simply not designed to eat meat. Unlike natural carnivores, we are physically and psychologically unable to rip animals limb from limb and eat and digest their raw flesh.

If we weren't meant to eat meat, I wouldn't salivate at the thought of a big juicy steak.

Mmmm.....steak....

Not to mention, those not eating meat need to be very careful, often turning to supplements as well, to get all of their needed nutrients they'd otherwise get from meat. If we weren't designed to eat meat also, this wouldn't be necessary.

Look, if you want to eat rabbit food, feel free, but nothing you say or show me is going to make me not want that steak....

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
We all have to take it there some day, knowing that im eatting, drinking and what every else I want. Life is far to short to be worried about how long your going to live, or what can kill you.

8 million ways to die, chose one.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by degoat87

Read some real facts instead of the biased BS that comes from the meat industry. It's all about sucking money from your wallet.

hmmm....Seems like this whole vegetarian/vegan thing is the money sucking machine. Vegan products I've seen are more expensive than a good ol' burger or ham samich!! (And I do have vegan friends.)

Many kids at my school buy into the whole thing. It's more of a trend than anything. People go around with "meat = murder" on their backpack. Then they pass out their propaganda at lunch.
My remedy: I told them I'd mail them dead meat in a bag.

BTW.....Anok...are you Vivek?!?!

All supply and demand. When people start listening and become vegetarians then the demand for meat will go down, and the demand for vegetarian related products will go up, and the price will go down.

I have been a vegan for five years and I am perfectly healthy and at my recommended weight for my height.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Good for you.

I don't chastise you for your dietary lifestyle, so all I ask is that you not chastise me for mine...

The simple fact is, to survive, we must kill and consume the dead organism. Whether plant or animal, this is the simple law of nature that governs us. I don't care which organisms you decide to eat, so please don't try to govern my choices...thanks.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Don' t eat meat and you will still die.

If God didn't want us to eat meat, he wouldn't have made it taste so good!

Is that really true??? Lots of monks are vegetarians and they dont die

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
You mean these monks live forever?
Wow, I'm joining THAT order!

I think you see the poster's point now....

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I haven't read all the replies. I just figured it'd be fun to read Gazrok's last few responses because I know he is a fellow meat eater.

Although I depend on & am a meat lover (especially red meat), the proportion of veggies of all sorts takes up 75% of my plate most of the time. There will be a few occasions when I need the extra iron. In that case, I go for a generous steak/prime rib when I need it.

What I find funny is that many who claim to be vegetarians don't like many veggies. That is just as pathetic as their bashing of meat eaters. LOL.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by cybertroy
Perhaps, gone should be the days of popping out 6 or 7 kids, perhaps it should be only 1 or 2? What other alternative would we have, if we discovered that we have too many people on earth?

...overpopulation...and a lack of food...

...anyone else see the glaringly obvious solution to both issues...

...I want my baby back baby back baby back...ribs....I want my baby back baby back baby back...ribs...

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien

...overpopulation...and a lack of food...

...anyone else see the glaringly obvious solution to both issues...

...I want my baby back baby back baby back...ribs....I want my baby back baby back baby back...ribs...

That is so wrong..... yet so funny...

Pass me an arm.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I am an omnivore. I love meat. I love veggies. If I am supposed to be an herbivore, somebody really screwed up.

I used to think that killing animals for food was less "appetizing" than killing veggies for food until I concluded that just becuase we can't hear a carrot scream doesn't mean it doesn't hurt.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
What people fail to understand is that we are truly omnivores, evolutionarily speaking. After the Great Rift Valley formed in East Africa, the habitats there changed greatly. Gone were the wet forests that our quadrapedal ancestors called home. Their new environment, which consisted of drier savannah, and sparse woodland areas, was something that they had to adapt to. Our ancestors were used to having constant protection (in the trees of the forests) and a readily available source of food (fruits, vegetables, plants). When the climate/habitat changed, the apes no longer had these things. A major selection pressure for bipedalism was the fact that these apes needed to take in more calories than they spent foraging for food; they needed to be able to cover large distances to find food in the most efficient method possible. Because food was not as plentiful, our ancestors took to eating the flesh of recently-killed animal carcasses, which predators would leave laying in the savannah and come back to periodically. Bipedal Apes had a distinct advantage over quadrapedal apes, in that they had a higher line of sight (which allowed them to locate carcasses and to spot predators returning to them) and arms free to carry carcass meat to a safe location. This is the reason that all ape fossils from that region, from that time period, are bipedal (the quadrapeds couldn't compete). Later, early man began to actively hunt meat, not just scavenge. Once our ancestors developed communication and tool making, hunting meat became a way of life. This happened to an extent with H. habilis and to a much greater extent with H. erectus. So, yes, originally, our ape ancestors were herbivores, because it was an easily available source of food. But anything we would consider "early human" definitely ate meat. It has been a part of our nature since we first started down the evolutionary path that lead to modern man. All that extra protein, combined with the selection pressure to develop a larger, more complex brain is the reason that our brains are as powerful as they are today. The hunt of meat led to increased hunting acuity, increased communication ability, and increased tool making ability. So, even if you don't eat it now, try to remember your roots.

As an unrelated aside - I am a Christian. I only happen to believe in evolution in a Christian context. I reject the idea that the Old Testament creation stories are historical truth. Anyone who has studied the Old Testament scriptures in a historical-contextual method knows that the book of Genesis was one of the last books written and that it is intended to be a symbolic story, not a literal truth. So, please keep the creationist outcry (if any) to a minimum. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by balon0

Originally posted by Carseller4
Don' t eat meat and you will still die.

If God didn't want us to eat meat, he wouldn't have made it taste so good!

Is that really true??? Lots of monks are vegetarians and they dont die

Which monks are you referring too? I mean people who follow the Buddhist religion still eat eggs and fish. Oh and news flash- We all die sooner or later, no one lives forever.

IBM

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
As a matter of fact when I get hungry I will attempt to hit a squirrel or a chipmunk in order to get a free snack. I carry some salt and pepper in the car for just that, there is plenty of heat provided by the engine. Nothing like roasted squirrel on a stick.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Dense packages of protein developed our brains into the thinking machines they are today.

Not eating meat is an insult to your cave-dwelling forefathers.

If you're against the mass slaughter of animals, I can understand that, but it's all about convenience in modern society.

I would love the oppurtunity to only eat what I kill, but unfortunately there are numerous state laws that prevent out of season hunting, taking too much game, etc., etc..

The people responsible for the laws are largely those wishing to protect the animals. In turn, they are largely responsible for the wholesale slaughter of cows and chickens.

I prefer goat meat myself, but it's an acquired taste. Nothing yummier than goat curry with a steaming plate of crispy nann. Of course, because of city ordinances, I can't raise goats, and therefore can't slaughter them. This irks me to no end.

I think people should be able to raise their own livestock as long as they don't infringe on the wellbeing of their neighbors, and that people should be free to grow their own produce and smoking products, be they tobacco or whatever.

It just makes sense from the standpoint of liberty. Making someone dependant on the death machine isn't right, and I would support a change to those various laws that encourage that system. However, I won't stop eating meat for the simple reasons already mentioned, it tastes good, it's nutritous, and it's our heritage.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Okay there is all the proof you need that we were meant to eat meat. Our canines are specifically designed to tear meat.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I have only skipped through the last few pages of post' instead of reading all of them. I would agree with most of the initial post........However

I can not deny the function of our cannines. WE were obviously intended to eat some sort of flesh.

True we can not catch, or kill most wild animals on our own, perhaps it is our innate technical ability that allows us to do so.

Once upon a time i think it is accepted that our cannines served for the tearing of flesh off of an already dead animal, not unlike a vulture.

However it can not be disputed that our stomachs do not contain the nec enzymes to break down raw meat. Which is why we marinate meat. (sorry dont want to turn this into a cooking thread)

ALso it can not be disputed that the proteins from animal sources are needed, albeit infrequently by the human body.(perhaps once or twice a month) Also other studies are shown that animal proteins are easilly assimilated and digested within the human body more so than many "vegetative"ones.(many people can not digest soy, as easily as bovine milk) Perhaps we need an animal source of protein that is not derived from flesh, i.e.-milk, cheese, etc, etc

It would seem just like the monkey with the stick and the ants , it was just our mechanical apptitude that allowed us to surpass the rotting flesh , and say no more dead flesh......From now on I want it fresh.

As someone who worked through college as a Chef though, I can not dispute the disgust I felt when loooking at pounds upon pounds of dead decompossing flesh (otherwise known as meat).

FYI- I have gone through several periods of vegetarian, and omnivorous phases throughout my life, but none ever so insane as veganism, and I am now currently eating infrequently meat.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Humans do NOT have true canines like carnivors. They are canine in name only.

Do some reading, here is a start:

www.goveg.com...

www.vegan-straight-edge.org.uk...

[edit on 28/4/2005 by ANOK]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join