It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eat Meat and Die!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
When you see dead animals on the side of the road, are you tempted to stop for a snack? Does the sight of a dead bird make you salivate? Do you daydream about killing cows with your bare hands and eating them raw? If you answered "no" to all of these questions, con
gratulations—you're a normal human herbivore—like it or not.

Humans were simply not designed to eat meat. Unlike natural carnivores, we are physically and psychologically unable to rip animals limb from limb and eat and digest their raw flesh.

Although many modern humans eat a wide variety of plant and animal foods, earning us the honorary title of "omnivore," we are anatomically herbivorous.

Biologists have established that animals who share physical characteristics also share a common diet. Comparing the anatomy of carnivores with our own clearly illustrates that we were not designed to eat meat.

Here is a chart from "The Comparative Anatomy of Eating" by Dr. Milton Mills2 that compares the typical anatomical features of carnivores, omnivores, herbivores, and humans. Notice how closely human physical characteristics match those of herbivores.

Facial Muscles
Carnivore Reduced to allow wide mouth gape
Omnivore Reduced
Herbivore Well developed
Human Well developed

Jaw Motion
Carnivore Shearing; minimal side-to-side motion
Omnivore Shearing; minimal side-to-side motion
Herbivore No shear; good side-to-side, front-to-back
Human No shear; good side-to-side, front-to-back

Teeth (Incisors)
Carnivore Short and pointed
Omnivore Short and pointed
Herbivore Broad, flattened, and spade-shaped
Human Broad, flattened, and spade-shaped

Teeth (Canines)
Carnivore Long, sharp, and curved
Omnivore Long, sharp, and curved
Herbivore Dull and short or long (for defense) or none
Human Short and blunted

Teeth (Molars)
Carnivore Sharp, jagged, and blade-shaped
Omnivore Sharp blades and/or flattened
Herbivore Flattened with cusps vs. complex surface
Human Flattened with nodular cusps
Chewing
Carnivore None; swallows food whole
Omnivore Swallows food whole and/or simple crushing
Herbivore Extensive chewing necessary
Human Extensive chewing necessary

Saliva
Carnivore No digestive enzymes
Omnivore No digestive enzymes
Herbivore Carbohydrate-digesting enzymes
Human Carbohydrate-digesting enzymes

Stomach Acidity
Carnivore Less than or equal to pH of 1 with food in stomach
Omnivore Less than or equal to pH of 1 with food in stomach
Herbivore pH of 4 to 5 with food in stomach
Human pH of 4 to 5 with food in stomach

Length of Small Intestine
Carnivore 3 to 6 times body length
Omnivore 4 to 6 times body length
Herbivore 10 to more than 12 times body length
Human 10 to 11 times body length

Nails
Carnivore Sharp claws
Omnivore Sharp claws
Herbivore Flattened nails or blunt hooves
Human Flattened nails

After using their sharp claws and teeth to capture and kill their prey, carnivores swallow their food whole, relying on their extremely acidic stomach juices to do most of the digestive work. The stomach acid of carnivores actually plays a dual role-besides breaking down flesh, the acid also kills the dangerous bacteria that would otherwise sicken or kill the meat-eater.

Meat-eaters are out of step with our evolutionary past. ancestral human populations are and have been predominately vegetarian.The key to human health lies in adopting a diet that is consistent with their anatomy and evolutionary history.

"T. Colin Campbell, the former senior science advisor to the American Institute for Cancer Research, is outspoken on the diet/disease connection. He says, 'The vast majority of all cancers, cardiovascular diseases, and other forms of degenerative illness can be prevented simply by adopting a plant-based diet. A vegan diet would not only lower the heart attack rate about 85 percent, but would lower the cancer rate 60 percent."23

www.goveg.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Actually humans are "omnivores" just like bears. Bears have canines but does not limit them to meat. Where would you get your protien from without meat of some kind? I doubt they made tofu in the old days and other manmade resources for vegens.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Since you mentioned toxic stomac acids in carnivores, humans have a very strong acid in the stomac. It will leave burns even on our own skin. And the lenght of our intestine also points to us being omnivores. Built for survival

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dollmonster
When you see dead animals on the side of the road, are you tempted to stop for a snack?

I eat meat, not carrion.

Does the sight of a dead bird make you salivate?

Come by my house at Thanksgiving.

Do you daydream about killing cows with your bare hands and eating them raw?

I dreamed I was having a barbeque the other day, does that count?

[edit on 23-4-2005 by HowardRoark]

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Do you daydream about killing cows with your bare hands and eating them raw?

No, but it's nice to know I could if I needed to. Perhaps we started as herbavores way back along the line somewhere, but the skills and higher reasoning required to utilize meat on a regular basis led to communication and civilization.

Besides, my ancestors worked long and hard to secure my place at or near the top of the food chain. Adaptability is good.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Don' t eat meat and you will still die.

If God didn't want us to eat meat, he wouldn't have made it taste so good!

TPL

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Doesn't it require more energy to break down plants than meat, and the only reason we could grow larger brains was devoting more energy to it. So in effect the only reason we have larger brains is because our ancestors ate meat.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Animal protein is needed to be healthy and mentally alert, rather than dopey-minded and docile.

Eat meat and live longer! Eat meat and think clearer!

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I look at it simply - If God did not want us to eat animals - he wouldn't have made them out of meat....

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Hello?

Humans were not designed to eat Meat?

What were they deisgned to eat then? Vegetables?

Well you can tell an averege Carnivore by the lenght of his digestive tract - meat dissolves quicky and it does not need long digestive tract, and the opposite is the green vegatbles with lots of cellulose that is in plants. The carnivore's digestion is unable break down vegetable cell walls.

Check comparison table on this page and check out who was designed to eat grass and who was designed to smoke grass.

The design of our digestive organs and digestive enzymes today

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The way I figure it, every day something else is found to be dangerous to humans. You could spend your entire lifetime worrying that things are going to kill you until you die anyway or you can live your life the way you want to and enjoy yourself.
Just be smart, don't eat a ton of fatty meat, eat lean meat along with a balanced diet.

Of course if people choose to not eat meat, more power to them. One thing I've always wondered about many vegatarians and vegans though is why they feel the need to try to push their lifestyle choice on people who have no desire to go that route. It seems some go beyond preaching the "benefits" and take an almost perverted pleasure in pointing out the evils of the "disgusting" habit eating meat. Odd.

I'm reminded of PETA. "People Eating Tasty Animals"

Originally posted by Souljah
Check comparison table on this page and check out who was designed to eat grass and who was designed to smoke grass.

Lol.

[edit on 23-4-2005 by Veltro]

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I don't salivate at the site of dead skunk on the road, but the juices really get flowing when I look at the slabs of dead USDA Prime Beef in the butcher's case!!! We are made to eat meat dollmonster whether you like it or not. Vegetarianism among humans is an abberation, not a natural state.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
People seem to be ignoring the one fact that points to us being designed to eat meat.

The appendix....

Case closed.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Excellent point stumason!

As I pointed out in one of the other PeTA-Nazi threads, chimpanzees are known to hunt and eat meat and it's an important part of their diet. All indications are that as humans and chimpanzees diverged on their evolutionary paths, humans became more reliant on and adapted for eating meat as they moved from the jungle to the grasslands.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dollmonster

Humans were simply not designed to eat meat. Unlike natural carnivores, we are physically and psychologically unable to rip animals limb from limb and eat and digest their raw flesh.

Ah let me guess you support PETA right?

Hate to break it to you but if we were not designed to eat meat, we would be unable to eat it would we

Pass the Beef
Well done of course

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I have found that most vegans will push their lifestyle on others much like some born-again christians. They do it for moral reasons. The vegans think that they are somehow reducing the suffering of animals by eating vegetables, and are therefore morally superior to us primitive carnivores.

They are dead wrong.

Vegetables are not guilt free.

Millions of field mice and rabbits and other small rodents are killed every year during harvest time. You think those big combines stop for mice? They probably don't even notice.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Pass the Beef Well done of course

Its all chewy then! I prefer my slab of dead cow with some pink in the middle and when you cut it open, the juices run red......MMMMMM...

Mwoohahahaha...I like winding up vegies, they should make it a national sport!

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
And another thing, apparantly the Dr. Campbell qouted above has more on his mind than saving us from eating meat.

Here's his biography:

www.activistcash.com...

Here is a choice exerpt explaining his connections to the natural food business and the dioxin testing business.

Much of Campbell’s objection to a non-vegetarian diet stems from his concerns over the presence of dioxin in meats. Good thing, then, that Campbell is Chairman and CEO of Paracelsian, Inc. His company sells testing equipment and methods for detecting dioxins, and is actively pressing the case for its own dioxin screening tests to be adopted as the national standard. Much of the company’s profit, though, seems to derive from its “natural foods” side business, which operates under the name “New Century Nutrition.” New Century’s web site is hosted by Jeff Nelson’s “VegSource” empire.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I have to reply to this again...

Dollmonster, your evolutionary and comparative anatomy arguments are hogwash. You'd actually have a bit more success using religious arguments.

Humans don't have claws or big teeth because we have much better things...large brains and hands that can build tools. You must agree that humans now are the biggest baddest killing machines ever on the planet Earth, far outshadowing the largest carnivorous dinosaurs or sharks.

edit:spelling

[edit on 4/23/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Well Done!!!! Now, THAT truly is a SIN!!!

Rare to medium rare for me please....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join