It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eat Meat and Die!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Originally posted by ANOK

Humans cannot digest raw meat. That should tell you right there that we are not designed to eat it.

I do believe that is an incorrect statement. If what you said was true then how is a rare steak (you know those are the one seared not cooked) digested?

Eating a rare steak is not the same as eating meat uncooked right after the animal is killed...Try it sometime and I guarantee you will get sick.

And as far as veggies not being healthy that is a myth.
If you eat a well balanced diet a veggie will live longer and be way more healthy than a meat eater.

In an 11-year study of 1,900 vegetarians in Germany, Chang-Claude (1992) found mortality from all causes was reduced by one-half compared with the general population.

www.purifymind.com...

A number of studies have shown a lower age-adjusted death rate among vegetarians. A UK study of over 6000 vegetarians found that they had a much lower standardised mortality rate than the general population, including lower death rates due to cancer and especially ischaemic heart disease.

www.animalliberation.org.au...

www.veganoutreach.org...

[edit on 24/4/2005 by ANOK]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Nice unbiased links there!

Any links to the actual research done?

And this myth about Veggies being healthier? My ex was a Veggie. When she started to eat just veg and the soya crap they pass off as a substitute, she started to become tired, groggy, moody had several health problems of the womanly kind and was generally quite unwell for the entire year she tried it.

She now eats like the rest of us and is back to her normal self. Kinda convinced me we're supposed to be at the top of the food chain, rather than grazing along the bottom..

Besides. We are omnivores. Get over it.

Stop trying to force your beliefs onto us.

If you want to live off boild cabbage and steamed rice, by all means do it, I am not going to shove a slab of meat in your face, but please back off and stop trying to force your militant veggie views on us (perfectly happy) meat-eaters!

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Oh come on my fellow meat eaters! The real argument we should be pushing is that at least are source of food has a shot at running away before we kill it.

Oh the poor innocent carrots that didn't have a chance!
No one thinks of them! How i weep when i see others munching on salads! The cabbage was ripped from the ground separated from the only place it had ever known........ok sorry guys
I just couldnt help myself. this thread was getting too serious

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
eathing Raw meat gets you sick you say?? Funny I fealt fine the few times I have done it . Theres two reasions we started cooking our meat 1 is it has more tast .Notice I dont say tast better ? The other sanitary reasions ,( your less likly to get Siminila by cooking it .
I have ate RAW meat from deer cow pig chicken Fish. I havent done it offtone because its safer to cook it to KILL and bactirea it may have .
But you can DEFINTLY eat it raw and Not get sick just because its not cooked .Just killed deer tast coppery because of the blood Lots of flaver not bad . but very toff in a way but less tuff then if you cook it wrong so it balances out.
Ps Im not into raw meat but being from a Hunting Deep woods family we all tryed it a few times ( kind of a passing of rights thing .
Pss you would have a lot more chime in just like me but im an od ball because wile being from the deep woods I still have gained a fasation with Pcs and teck . Most of my kin dont even belive most of this stuff is real lol .
try convincing them there talking to a PC and not a person making that phone call lol. Pss think my spelling is bad? compaired to most of my kin my spelling is great . Heck quite a few cant even read .

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Man if you people cant stand the thought of eating meat, then you would have a heart attack if you ever saw the way croatians cook lamb

I love it! Stick a pole in its mouth and out its ... and spin it over an open fire! MMM mmm tasty! Infact I had some lamb earlier today! It was great!

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I havent had lamb in a while...sounds good. But i'm not complaning because i just finished off a steak(medium rare)/shrimp (lemon seasoned and grilled) dinner.

I think this thread has resulted in more harm to the veggi folks in the form of us meat eaters boasting about the pleasers of eating dead animals

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Pss think my spelling is bad? compaired to most of my kin my spelling is great . Heck quite a few cant even read .

I had wondered SimCity! No biggie, I am english and can barely type my own language half the time.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Nice unbiased links there!

So you're saying the study of 6000 veggies is biased?

How so?

Did you even bother to read any of the links?

What I find funny is the way people get so defencive when the truth about eating meat is presented to them. Again, it's repressed guilt.

I don't care if you eat meat, you can do what ever you want to your body.
I'm just trying to deny ignorance as the saying here goes.
I love the taste of meat myself but it doesn't mean I can't see the truth.

If we are truly omnivores our diet should be mostly veggie with an occasional piece of meat. But as it is now our whole diet is meat based and studies prove it is unhealthy.

Just because you eat meat doesn't mean you have to deny the truth.
Unless of course deep down it makes you feel guilty and to admit the truth would be to hard.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   

So you're saying the study of 6000 veggies is biased?

No. I was saying that two Pro-Veggie websites citing "studies" is biased.

I want to see the studies themselves and check out the background of those Scientists.

It's like all these "studies" that are Government or lobby group sponsored saying Canabis is evil, when we know its no more "evil" than beer!

Did you even bother to read any of the links?

Yep

What I find funny is the way people get so defencive when the truth about eating meat is presented to them. Again, it's repressed guilt.

Guilt? Not likely. Given the chance, I would slay a whole field of cows if it meant I could get lots of high quality steaks

If we are truly omnivores our diet should be mostly veggie with an occasional piece of meat. But as it is now our whole diet is meat based and studies prove it is unhealthy.

That is true. However, the sites you are quoting seem to ignore the fact that it is lots of meat, especially red meat, that is bad for the digestive system and causes diesease. However, this does not mean that meat is inherantly bad. Its like all things, take in moderation and it won't adversely affect you.

If we where truely Herbivores, we would have teeth similar to a cow or rabbit.

As it stands, we have teeth designed to eat both Meat and Veg. (not to mention the whole Appendix thing I mentioned earlier in the thread)

It was the increase in dietary protein from Meat (and even more so from cooking the meat, which enables more nutrients to be released) that enabled our ancestors to evolve bigger brains etc etc.

Just because you eat meat doesn't mean you have to deny the truth.
Unless of course deep down it makes you feel guilty and to admit the truth would be to hard.

I am not denying anything. I have told the truth all along in this thread, but you veggemite fans don't want to hear it because your worried about hurting poor little cows or defenseless chickens.

Yay for meat!!!

[edit on 24/4/05 by stumason]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Guilt? Not likely. Given the chance, I would slay a whole field of cows if it meant I could get lots of high quality steaks

lol me to man me to. If it meant taking out my 12 gauge, I wouldnt complain

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

As it stands, we have teeth designed to eat both Meat and Veg. (not to mention the whole Appendix thing I mentioned earlier in the thread)

What appendix thing?

If you know what the appendix is or was for pls enlighten me because nobody else knows.

There is a theory that the appendix used to produce the missing B vitamin that we only get from meat. When we started eating meat it stopped producing that B vitamin because we were getting it from meat.

I'd love to hear your theory on it.

And nobody in this thread has mentioned POOR animals, this discussion is about human health not animal rights.
I put Humans first and eating meat is detrimental to Human health in many ways, from personal health to the many Human souls who are starving because we choose to feed cows instead of people.

[edit on 24/4/2005 by ANOK]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I guess that why were called Hunter Gatherer , becauce we hunted fearsom parsnips and sprouts. And we needed all those stone age axes and arrowheads for chopping veg and and firing our bows at plants.

Merkz out

[edit on 24-4-2005 by Merkeva]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dollmonster Do you daydream about killing cows with your bare hands and eating them raw?

pretty much. i had a black angus peppercorn steak yesterday uncooked to perfection(at 'the tulip' in toronto. highly recommend this place for five star food at three star prices). it was to die for. drooooooool......
it was so good, i took a couple t-bones out and threw them on the bar-b today. droooooool......
there is NOTHING like steak to invigorate and energize a tired body.
there is nothing like chicken soup for a cold.
and, mmmmmmmmmmm, pig.

graze to your heart's content, but please don't preach this vega-nazi crap. all the vegans i've ever met have this irritating holier-than-thou attitude. i'd eat them if i thought they had any protein.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Animals rights? As of yet, I have seen no cows showing up to the voting booths, so they have only one right: Provide me with T-bones. Just as God intended they should!

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   
the difference between an objective post and a subjective post is that you say gross things to sway our oppinions. Ask me this, does the image of a juicy char-broiled steak make me salivate? YES! No, the image of an animal crushed by a car doesn't turn me onto the idea of eating, simply because it is the image of intestines and blood splattered everywhere. It is a scientific fact that we are meant to be omnivores (eat both plants and meat), and if you hear otherwise it is pure propaganda.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Animals rights? As of yet, I have seen no cows showing up to the voting booths, so they have only one right: Provide me with T-bones. Just as God intended they should!

LOL, if I wasn't out, I would so give you a WATS for that comment. Although I don't believe we should beat up animals or anything, I also don't believe we should deny ourselves meat because they have rights. It is called survival of the fittest, and that is why Humans are on top.

ROFLMFAO

HILARITY! The best thing is I know exactly where you are coming from. I LOVE BACON, I LOVE STEAK, I LOVE MEAT!

[edit on 24-4-2005 by Ryanp5555]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Now this is how you cook lamb!
Awwww they didnt leave the head on! thats my favorite part! Oh well you get the idea.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
to the poster:

you are wrong

the end.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
Now this is how you cook lamb!
Awwww they didnt leave the head on! thats my favorite part! Oh well you get the idea.

Croat56...what are those 3 bell peppers doing down there....take them off before they get roasted you meat eater

On a lighter note, I do concede that meat dishes do not always have an appetizing name....Baby Back ribs...YIKES....I blame the chefs

*grammer

[edit on 25-4-2005 by Quake]

* oops...spelling of grammar

[edit on 25-4-2005 by Quake]

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Baby Back Ribs?

MMMMMM....Baby.....Give me a Bay-by!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join