It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eat Meat and Die!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
Eating a rare steak is not the same as eating meat uncooked right after the animal is killed...Try it sometime and I guarantee you will get sick.

Incorrect.

Having eaten raw meat *including organs*, cut from the fresh kill, many times previously *meh, its a cultural thing* over many many years of hunting...I haven't - nor has anyone else whom I've hunted with and whom have also observed the same ritual - been sick once.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   
stumason

You do realize there are two memebrs on ATS named minime and minimi...

I am sure they wont take too kindly you posting pictures of the Fat Bastard

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   
there's nothing more than i love to eat than a big juicy piece of dead animal
i'm an omnivore baby!

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   
To all you carnivores drooling over dead flesh,

Enjoy yourself by all means! And if truth be known, you're going to keep eating meat whether it's bad for you or not. Being at the top of the food chain, you have the "free will" to do as you please. but stop trying to justify your "blood lust" by denying the facts.

Either carry on as usual and live with the consequences, (increased risk of heart disease, cancer, stroke, diabetes, hypertension, cataracts and other life threatening illness) or cut back on animal protein and live a longer healthier life.

But don't take it from a vegetarian who have nothing to gain except your contempt. Check out what they have to say about it: The American Cancer society, The American Heart Association, The American Dietetic Association and the American Academy of Pediatrics. Maybe they can convince you the world isn't flat.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Edit: Is it evan worth living?

[edit on 4/25/2005 by Croat56]

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Croat, your posts are making me hungry...the wanton exposition of deliciously tasty animals is really making me salivate!

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Croat, your posts are making me hungry...the wanton exposition of deliciously tasty animals is really making me salivate!

Glad I could help
Im starting to get hungry myself. MMMMMM time to go eat some animals. They sure are tasty

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 06:19 AM
link   

mmm meat!! a chat favourite!
I don't care if meat isn't 'good' for me, all i know is that i'm gonna die anyway and getting the necessary iron and other good stuff from meat is necessary. I know a vegetarian friend coz she dont eat meat her blood is like an orange colour, its weird as. that cant be healthy.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
screw the american heart association what do they know? Bring on the heart attack. To tell you the truth, I am more concerned about me eating fast food than I am about me eating meat.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
i don't trust 'facts' from political organisations. remember how bad cholesteral is for you, according to 'experts'? they've been prescribing all kinds of diets and meds to 'cure' the 'disease'. turns out, now, they are saying that cholesteral levels NORMALLY are higher, and may even be BENEFICIAL to an aging body.

how about the testimony of an ex-vegan that i met. i knew her ten years ago as a vegetarian. her skin was tight, whe had bags under her eyes, she was bony and had a sickly palour. she looked like a mummy. i met her last year again, and now she LOOKS GREAT! she absolutely raved about her renewed passion for meat.

who has TIME to be a vegetarian? meal preparation time is doubled or tripled, even.

i listen to my body for advice on what my body needs. surprisingly, sometimes, my body wants plants. i don't berate it, for being a grazing animal, i grab some spuds and a salad.

p.s. i ate raw horse meat sushi in japan. i didn't get sick. i did enjoy it.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   

p.s. i ate raw horse meat sushi in japan. i didn't get sick. i did enjoy it.

What the? First raw fish now this? Havent they heard of fire

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Well, seeing the general consensus on here, it would explain why this thread died rather quickly. It would seem that for the most part, we all agree on this topic.

And yes, Amok, the above thread does talk about why your link to an article on the "Animal Liberation" webpage is biased, slanted, and generally worthless.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
raw horse sashimi. mmmmmm, tender.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
mmmmm. steak tartar.

is the guarantee to get sick retroactive? 'cause i've never been sick from eating delicious, fresh kill.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
"...When you see dead animals on the side of the road, are you tempted to stop for a snack?..."

Around here everyone carries a bunch of butcher paper and several large sharp knives in their pickup. We get a lot of road kill deer and everyone keeps their freezer stocked with venison this way.

From the truck grille to the BBQ grill!!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
mmmmm. steak tartar.

is the guarantee to get sick retroactive? 'cause i've never been sick from eating delicious, fresh kill.

Haha cute girls and steak. What more do you need?

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 03:14 AM
link   
double post

[edit on 4/26/2005 by Gools]

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Absolutely love the taste of a good burger.

I have a friend who doesn't eat meat, that's cool with me. I was headed toward being a vegetarian at one time. Vegetarian makes the most sense as far as the use of the planets resources. In order to have cow fields chopping down forests does occur. A plant based diet does involve growing plants and trees. As much as I love a good steak or burger, when I see a nearly tree-less cow field I am saddened. So it's like an odd position to be in. I am also upset when I see canned meat from Brazil, and I think of a rainforest being chopped down for use as a cow field. It's like running over people with your car so you can get to work on time. We do things on our planet for pleasure at the expense of ourselves and others, and we know if the trees go away, we go away. See, it's no longer about animal rights. I also don't like things like diseased cows, chemicals, overcrouded chicken coops, etc.

I am a meat eater, but it doesn't stop me from seeing the consequences of our actions. If eating a plant based diet is for the good of all and not just me, then maybe that is what I should consume. Is a steak so important that I need to screw the future of the planet up for it? Because it's not just my future, it's my families future, and my friends future.

But, more to the point, I think the population of the planet may possiblly grow beyond it's ability to support all the life that is on it. So it's more population controll than anything. I mean can we continue to expand the population without destroying ourselves in the process. Perhaps, gone should be the days of popping out 6 or 7 kids, perhaps it should be only 1 or 2? What other alternative would we have, if we discovered that we have too many people on earth?

I understand I went a bit off topic, but I hope I did make a good point.

Troy

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Well said Cybertroy, my point exactly...

You got my vote.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join