It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold turkey alcohol withdrawal cured my addiction, am I a freak of nature?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
a reply to: jerryznv

I could probably take AA more serious if it wasn't religion based - God doesn't help anyone it's all in their minds I wish there was a savior that does great things but that fairy tale is false - Just think if it where true 1 God worship him but wouldn't he be the most bored person ever you know knowing everything ?

That's a common misunderstanding...it's not religious based!

The Chapter To The Agnostics is worth a look...it was written for people with your same misunderstanding of the ideas!

We Agnostics

Look...I'm not selling books (this book is free by the way)...I'm not pushing god...I don't really care if anyone drinks, drugs, whatever...I have no agenda!

I'm simply trying to provide information about what has worked for millions that suffer from alcoholism! That's it...I'm harmless!

edit on 7-1-2023 by jerryznv because: random

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 04:41 PM
link   

No jab at you , There's no harm in sharing ones good opinion or believing what one believes

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher

No jab at you , There's no harm in sharing ones good opinion or believing what one believes

No worries...I take no offense!

That's all I'm doing...sharing some hope for those that suffer from alcoholism (the suffering is immense)!

Those that want to, take away what they need...those that don't, aren't bothered either way.

I wish that there was a million ways for me to help those who suffer needlessly...but I only know of this one at the moment...so I'm sharing it!

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: angeltone

Nope I know a few people that have been able to cold turkey alcohol and drugs, including one time and hooked drugs.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 08:59 PM
link   

The thing that makes you a freak is withdrawing cold turkey after 4 years without benzodiazepines. (Usually Librium). Very dangerous too. One drug you can die trying to quit.

That said, I consider myself an adversary of Bill W. Not against sobriety at all, but the psychodrama method, crappy coffee, and codependent transference of addiction. The cult of AA.

Talking endlessly about their history and how great it is to no longer be controlled by their story, but being entirely consumed by AA itself.

But only for me. For others that's why it's lifelong recovery. The entire premise that a hopeless alcoholic with a blue pseudo-bible in their hand has less time to relapse if THE ENTIRETY OF THEIR LIFE is supplanted with a program to keep them endlessly occupied and convincing themself they can do it now.

But if you like going sober bowling and saying the Serenity Prayer 14 times a day, it may work. And does for many.
edit on 7-1-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33

The thing that makes you a freak is withdrawing cold turkey after 4 years without benzodiazepines. (Usually Librium). Very dangerous too. One drug you can die trying to quit.

That said, I consider myself an adversary of Bill W. Not against sobriety at all, but the psychodrama method, crappy coffee, and codependent transference of addiction. The cult of AA.

Talking endlessly about their history and how great it is to no longer be controlled by their story, but being entirely consumed by AA itself.

But only for me. For others that's why it's lifelong recovery. The entire premise that a hopeless alcoholic with a blue pseudo-bible in their hand has less time to relapse if THE ENTIRETY OF THEIR LIFE is supplanted with a program to keep then endlessly occupied and convincing themself they can do it now.

But if you like going sober bowling and saying the Serenity Prayer 14 times a day, it may work. And does for many.

If that truly was your experience then I too am with you in your alternative!

What was your alternative again?

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I always find ATS a more sensible part of the internet, apart from the fact it's ram packed full of loons.

Been a while since a thread got my attention like this one though.

Seems you found a switch that I'm not sure if I want but I know I need.

Do you find drunk people boring when sober?

Perhaps ATS AA is an idea, seems like there might be better and more true conversations.

Edit here... forgot dark humour.

How does a traveller know his sister has her time of the month?

His dads thing tastes different.

edit on 7-1-2023 by collie because: makin lads laugh

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 09:32 PM
link   

If that truly was your experience then I too am with you in your alternative!

What was your alternative again?

Sick boy method?

edit on 7-1-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Sick boy method?

Um ya...used successfully by millions!

No thank you!

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Ram packed full of loons.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: collie
Ram packed full of loons.

Welcome!

And yet here you are...

What kind of a person find solace surrounding themselves with loons?

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I like it here because you get views from all sides instead of other media outlets that are biased in a certain direction.

I think it's important to hear everyone so you can get a feel for the crowd.

Also most of my good friends are absolute loons.

Happy new year bud.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 10:07 PM
link   
If you really want to get touched deeply then this lad here has connections to priests.

edit on 7-1-2023 by collie because: science

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Thanks Jerry. It’s learned if your a yank or Canadian, the rest of us are generally quite happy with learnt lol.

I wasn’t expressing an original thought but warning against an actual cult process, you should look into who began the old AA, however if you’ve heard it before and haven’t had a look/see I guess my advice will fall by the wayside.

At least the counter point to your ardent pleading for a larger cult membership is posted here for posterity.

Take it easy dude(tte)

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Back on track.

This is a really good thread and could help some get things off their chests.

Would be nice if it can stay on point.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Well said degradation and I agree.

a reply to: Degradation33

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
Thanks Jerry. It’s learned if your a yank or Canadian, the rest of us are generally quite happy with learnt lol.

I wasn’t expressing an original thought but warning against an actual cult process, you should look into who began the old AA, however if you’ve heard it before and haven’t had a look/see I guess my advice will fall by the wayside.

At least the counter point to your ardent pleading for a larger cult membership is posted here for posterity.

Take it easy dude(tte)

Thank you for warning us all...that would have been nasty to quit drinking and end up joining a cult all in one fellow swoop!!!

I haven't heard a bad version of who began the old AA! Is there also a new AA?

If there is in fact a new AA...how does it differ from the old and which one is the cult?

What advice will fall by the wayside? You mean your warning?

Not so...I'll heed your warning and will steer clear of any cults for sure!

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Your story, someone else’s OP.

Congratulations OP I’m glad your sound and safe, you may well be a freak but not for getting sober. It’s been an interesting read but I doubt there is much more I can contribute to your thread.

All the best for the new year! Catch you in the forums.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: collie
Back on track.

This is a really good thread and could help some get things off their chests.

Would be nice if it can stay on point.

Cold turkey alcohol withdrawal cured my addiction, am I a freak of nature

Let's see...what is on point?

Alchohol, withdrawl, cured, addiction, freak, and nature...from the title I suppose...oh and cold turkey!

It would be good to stick to these key words, phrases, and subjects pertaining to them wouldn't it?

I'd like to get some stuff off my chest too...I'll try to keep it on point for us all!

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
Your story, someone else’s OP.

Congratulations OP I’m glad your sound and safe, you may well be a freak but not for getting sober. It’s been an interesting read but I doubt there is much more I can contribute to your thread.

All the best for the new year! Catch you in the forums.

Awww...are you going to take off before you answer any of my questions? I wanted to do some research on the things you were talking about.

I understand though...I lose interest in things pretty quickly too!

Thanks for helping with the warnings and all!

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join